Old 10-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! It was one crazy work week for me and I'm still behind. I'm also behind at home. I have this house to clean, groceries to buy (Johnhas said he will do that for me--I see cookies and sweets in that cart! YIKES!!)

I am so tempted to work this weekend but I have told myself I'm tending to my own personal life this weekend and if I get it done I might peak at my work computer.

This coming week John has a doctor appointment with his cardiologist. It would be so nice if his heart has gone back into rhythm. It can happen on its own but its rare. So we will see what they will do next. It's always something!

I stayed the same at my TOPS weigh-in on Thursday. I will take it, as I wasn't good at logging my food and I only got one walk in for the week. This week (starting today), I'm on top of it. We don't have a meeting this coming Thursday due to Trick or Treat night in our town, so I want to be very aware of my eating and exercising so that the next week I can have a good loss. I have not really been giving this "losing weight" thing my best attention and I am starting to not feel good nor am I happy when I look in the mirror and it's hard to find cute clothes and the ones I have are tighter. Time to buckle down!

Dee: I'm so glad to hear that you are getting better. Continue to take care of yourself; you are a special person to me and I need you here! Thank you for the suggestions on how to sneak the exercise in. I'm such a "all or nothing person" and so this is helpful to me to think about it in that way and gives me a direction.

Tori: You were very good at that restaurant. Are you under 223?

Cowgirl: It's Saturday..your official weigh-in day. I hope those scales are good to you.

Alyssa: How are you doing staying on track? 2 weeks until you see your family right?

Have a great day everyone. I need to get moving!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Morning everyone!
I wish the scale was better but back down to 220.0 so I will live with it. I work night shift this weekend and have been on track with food but need to watch sodium. I have been overboard a couple days this week. My dh gets home on Tuesday night from his elk hunting trip in Colorado. It's been some long weeks around here.

Susie- I think you did really well for not tracking. I know you can crush it if you stay on track !

Dee- Hope you are feeling better!

Hope everyone is staying away from the wicked Halloween candy. We can do this!

Last edited by cleancowgirl; 10-26-2013 at 10:17 AM.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #48  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Brr cold, damp & rainy in Michigan today. We had a huge rainstorm @ 3:45am that hit a electric transformer & I was under the blankets w socks & flannel pj's till 9am; the electric was back-on @ 10:30am. How do I know the exact time it went out dh left for work @ 3:30am & I was watching PBS TV till 4am I thought. Anyways he was Missed keeping me warm in bed w our indoor temp @ 40*. It felt like I was waking-up on a very cold camping morning in our tent-camper. Who's going on a warm vaca this winter, west or south We haven't been to Fl. to visit Mickey since 1995 & I'm determined to go in spring 2014 or 2015 & take the 3 grandbabes w us, so I'm saving my $ Kylie wants to b a princess.

Tori, was ALL over U @ that Italian restaurant U had fabulous control & I'm Very proud of U.... R U repeating any of the same things that have helped U lose pounds successfully? Hormones could b holding U back, or your bellydancing, just might b giving U new Muscles & U lost pounds but your body transferred your loss into muscle weight One day @ a time & keep measuring your 1 serving size portions, so U can still eat that delicious Latin food & cook w your girls & dh.

cowgirl what else can we call U? I'm happy that your dh will b home soon w U from hunting. U did wonderful being without him, I hope that U had a buddy [family, friend or pet] w U while he was away, so many temptations w/o our hubby's @ home w us. But my dh would b on-top-of-the-moon to b on a big hunt like yours did. What state do U live in? Here we have hunting & fishing year-round & my dh loves it. Lowering sodium does take new habits, like using 1/2 measures in recipes, substituting using lemon/lime juice, etc. & making your own seasonings like the hospital dieticians recommend. U said U r a nurse, how about sharing some healthy food tips w us Please TY soo much! Yay your almost in your teens do U remember how U felt as a "teen-ager"

Lyss, where r U U r looking beautiful so Please don't get stressed your family will love your new package! B prepared w tips & recipes for them to ask U for.

GettinFit & Carri we miss U, come home!

Susan, my typeA sis U made me happy & proud of U when I read that U put the brakes on your career dictating your home-life. U know what is going on & brings the sparkle in your eyes when U look in the mirror @ your body 'when Susie has Susie time, your body glows w happiness & peace' What would John do without U & how would he feel if U had a stroke that Is preventable... R U 'his role model' because U r on a fitness road? He may b shadowing U... So your personal life Is Important about how long U live & your quality of Life. Your dh, brother's family, everyone absolutely adores U I just feel that during the last 6 months your career has become your priority. I want my 5K friend back ASAP that sings karaoke. In our daily prayers we 'give Thanks' so it's time to Schedule yourself into your day planner & walk & sing If we were in the same room right now we'd prob b having a pillow fight for me 'telling U those things, like a bossy-caring sister would say' I see a -2 & a -3 pound loss happening for U in November So don't let me b a liar

Dh just tried handing me a hot fudge sundae w a brownie in the bottom & I gave it back. It's Not on my food list, but I am going to go eat some veggie sticks w guacamole' right now.

I'll you'all next week a few pounds Lighter Halloween candy is ONLY for the Trick or Treaters & the Monsters
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

I'm going to jump on here too! I hope to get under 200 by the end of the year

Today: 217.4!!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #50  
Sandee

Looks pretty Ghostly here this week Where isssss Everyone

Lizzyg Your doing great!!! I'm sure U will hit your goal by New Year's Eve U can DO this!

Tori, Lyss, cowgirl, Susie, GettinFit & Carri

The Biggest Loser & the Voice were great again last night. Shocking to see the contestants @ WI & happy to see Dolvett use his save on his team. Over the last 2 weeks I lost -6# & my size mediums r too lose. On Monday I'm off the bland foods & I need/want to add back some pounds to look good in my clothes again.

Tuesday=
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice bread & 1 glass sk. milk.
Lunch: 1 glass sk. milk & tuna sandwich w. lettuce, pickle relish & low-fat Miracle Whip.
Supper: 1 glass sk. milk & scalloped potatoes [1/2 russet potatoes & 1/2 sweet potatoes] I sprinkled cheese on top for my protein.
Snack: 1 cup of hot cider.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #51  

Howdy everyone! You all have been on my heart this week. I just couldn't seem to get here. I bet you can all guess why...WORK!

DH went to the cardiologist on Wednesday and he is back in Afib, so he has to have another Cardioconversion. He will have it next Friday on November 8!

It is very frustrating to live with afib, as it is a heart issue but it isn't one that has to do with being overweight, or the way you eat or anything like that. It just happens...it is electrical and so it doesn't have to do with blockages or things like that. It's hard to fix but it can be managed, so that is where we are.

DH's blood work is exception according to his doctors and the labs and his heart tests say it is in good shape. They would like to see him loose 15-20 lbs but they don't say to much to him about it. They did tell him that being more active can help sometimes with afib as does sleeping well and getting enough sleep. They said it is just something that happens and you never know how it will happen too.

I wasn't expecting it that soon as last time he had to wait almost 3 weeks. Of course that week I am OOO two days, one for training and one for a meeting that I'm running, and then being out on that Friday, so I was scrambling with working extra hours to make sure that other things next week are in place. Also I was handed a new project to spear-head. I was told I got it because I'm seen as a top Admin and role model and they want my branding on it. So, I have to turn in a brief on how I plan to handle this project, along with timelines and resources I need so we can get those in place and it is due next Tuesday.

I can see Dee giving me this look lol. Dee: I told them I was honored but I would need to shift some of my daily work to the other Admin's in my group so that I wasn't killing myself. I have proposed what they will take on from now until Feb when this is delivered. My Director said he would get me some help.

Lizzy. We are looking foward to getting to know you and cheer you on towards your goal.

cowgirl: i don't know how anyone does night shifts. I'm a morning person for sure but I know others who are those night owls. How long have you been watching your sodium? I'm sure you are looking forward to DH coming home. It's always nice to have some alone time but I miss my DH too when we are apart.

Dee: I love you! I am a very career driven person. I always have been that way. I knew at a early age I wanted a career and I wanted to be an Admin at a big company and supporting upper management. So, I'm living my dream, but you are right, it has taken control of me these past 6 months and I need some me time and some family time. I'll find the balance. I have to...so I can be around for all the people I love.

Did you tell DH that he missed an opportunity to keep you warm in bed?

I haven't watched BL yet, but will catch up on it this weekend.

We don't have any vacation plans to go anywhere warm this winter..it would be nice to do so!

My goal this month is to have a 6-8 lb loss and to get 30 min of exercise in 4-5 times a week and to post here at least 3 times a week.

See you all soon!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #52  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Susie: im glad to hear everything is going so well at work! :-) that's great, im sorry to hear about your husband's heart my father is also in A fib, he's been living in it for two years, i convinced him to join my gym , we are going to sign him up today.

Dee,, maybe when you come down for Disney , was can all plan to meet, and spend a little time together!

Everyone: hugs!!

Hey girls, im sorry I havent been around much this past week, my hubby and I celebrated our 5 years together,last weekend, we had a blast, dinner, dancing, haunted house, the next day we drove go karts, batting cages, laser tag, out to lunch, movies. I was up 5lbs Monday and very sluggish my first day back at the gym,i stuck the week out and even went to 3 classes on Wednesday..I am doing Zumba 5 days a week, i joined a new dance class also, its Latin dance 3 days a week all types the instructor is a professional dancer, very sweet, she is in competitions most Saturday night's. I love it and im finally at a new low! 221.4 i havent Seen that weight since March! Before I sprained my ankle and was on crutches! So im dancing now minimum of 8 hours a week, up to ten, im having so much fun, i am the biggest girl in belly dance class, Zumba, and Latin class, but that won't last forever. I am feeling very hopeful.
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #53  
Sandee

Hey Girls

I just got home from a 1/2 hr. massage for shoulder pain. She's also a surgical RN & certified in naturopathy. I told her my probs & she said I could eliminate almost all probs if I ate following the Blood Type diet plan. I'm thinking about it, I've heard other ppl that improved their life eating that way. Do U or anyone U know follow the Blood Type eating plan? What do U think about it?

Tori, that will b wonderful to meet & visit I'll text U when we plan to come to Fl. My massage therapist & dh goes down yrly. & rents a beautiful condo for 2 wks. & gave me info. paying $120 nightly. Disney may b too pricey for us to stay at; we're on a small budget plus I'm concerned about the bed-bug epidemic @ hotels now & I wonder if its also happening @ rental condos. So I'd feel safer sleeping in our tent-camper or if we had a friends home in the Orlando/Kissimmee area but we don't know anyone in Florida. If gas prices stay low next spring I know we'll pull our camper w dh's truck down.
I don't know Where All Your daily ENERGY is coming from We know U r young, not 30 yrs. yet but WoW U do soo much weekly w your family & your classes.... I wish U would send it to me U r sooo inspiring w Everything U r doing

Susie, I'm Very Happy for U that U have achieved your career dreams & goals. I'm sorry about John's heart prob, but it could b worse; He is Blessed to have a good life w U Congrats on asking your Director for assistants to help U!!! What did U think of the BL when U watched them over the weekend?

Tori & Susie who r your fav's on DWTS & BL

I gotta get back to work now. Everyone Have a great week
Old 11-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #54  

Hi. It seems to have been a quiet week here. Hopefully we can all get here more this coming week--including myself.

Update on John. He did not go back into rhythm this time BUT, they did an internal echo cardio gram where they looked at all areas of his heart and they said it is a beautiful heart. NO blockages, no narrowing of the arteries and there were no blood clots. Knowing this is a blessing.

So for now he stays on the blood thinner and we will go back and discuss other options to try or not to try with the cardiologist.

I do have a 1 lb loss to report for myself at Thursday's TOPS weigh-in.

We bought a new scale at home so we both can weigh-in on Saturday together and some hand weights to have there in case we don't make it out to the Y--DH says he is committed to getting back to working out and relieving stress. They talked to him about that a great deal at the hospital. They said it can help greatly with the afib and it is important that his heart stay strong since afib can weaken it. They told him he is blessed to have a beautiful heart with no damage and that in the past he has done good things for his heart and he needs to be sure he continues doing so.

Dee: How is your shoulder feeling? I have heard about the blood type diet and I have heard people say that it worked for them. What I think about it is that I would read about it, try it for a brief time and see if felt any better. Then I would go off it for a bit and see if I really noticed a difference and then make my decision.

I don't really have a favorite on DWTS this time-I like what they all are doing. On biggest loser my favorite team right now is Dolvett's. But I'm closely watching Chelsea and Holley. Holley because she is from Columbus, OH..right up the road from me.

Tori: You will soon be on DWTS with all that dancing you are doing.

Congratulations on the 5 yr milestone with your DH. Your celebration sounded like fun. AND congratulations for being at your lowest weight! Keep going!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #55  

Hello! Where is everyone? Is it too cold outside for anyone to peek their head out?

We had a bit of snow yesterday. It was pretty but really I'm ok if that is the last of it. I like wearing sweaters but I don't like wearing sweaters with coats!

Guess what happened yesterday? DH and I went to the Y together to walk! He has been saying he will go back with me but at the end of the day he is always too tired--so he says. Well..he went yesterday and told me he would go again tonight.

I hope to see someone here soon! It's lonely!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I am sorry I have been mia from this thread. I don't know how I missed it. Any who some questions. "What else can we call you" My name is melodie but you can call me melly.
I am at 213.8 this morning. Hopefully it is on the way down again.

I just bought dolvett quinces new book from the biggest loser. The wonderful thing is it pretty much what I have been doing but gives some valuable information in portions so hoping it will give me another start. I love how he talks how important it is to cheat. It is called the 3-1-2-1 diet. You eat clean for 3 days, have a cheat meal/day eat clean for 2 more days and another cheat day. The rules though you do count calories and the cheat days should not be greater than 400 more calories what you are doing and you must workout on those days. Great recipes in the book. My planet fitness gave us a 50% off coupon if we ordered the book on an e reader so only paid about 5.00 for it for my nook.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #57  

Hi. It's nice to see both Melly and Dee here. I hope that Tori and Lyssa will be here again soon.

I stayed the same at TOPS last night. As a chapter we are doing very well with our weight loss. We have some "new blood" and it's inspiring. Our meetings are fun again and we are getting and giving support to each other again.

Melly: I'm interested in how to get that coupon for the book as well. I have a Kindle Fire. I saw Dee asked about this too. Wouldn't it be fun for all of us to have the book and read it "together". It would make for good conversations.

Dee: I'm sorry you are still feeling badly. It is good to go get things checked out but don't let them keep moving you from one thing to another. I think you need some stress relieve. I know you have always kept yourself busy and that some of your "work" is going away but I think you find it stressful to give up those things you love and it could be playing a part in all the aches and pains.

This is the 1st weekend in 6 weeks that we don't have to be somewhere. I'm looking forwad to staying at home and organizing some things..piddling around...I love to do that and I need to..time to clean and toss...makes me feel good!

I'll pop in this weekend and I hope you all will too.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #58  
Sandee

I tried to do a edit of what I said about 10 minutes ago & it disappeared, so I went to my history tab & this is what I said:

Sorry for being MIA. My shoulder, back & neck r still in pain 24/7 along w 1 breast pains & nausea since Oct.14 & the ER w my pancreatitis. I've seen my chiropractor 2x & massage therapist. When I pray for healing daily I feel guilt; I take responsibility for eating chips, sweets, junk food. God made us a world w healthy food & I ate stupid, I'm ashamed to b messed up & asking for Him to show me mercy & restore my health. I see my internal doctor Wed. & I know that means tests & prob x-rays because that's what they do. The small town I grew-up in had a toxic chemical factory that gave 20% of the residents cancer & died; I moved when I was 25yr. 1 brother died 6yr ago w lung cancer & my other brother 21 yr ago died from lymphoma & my sister w breast cancer 10yr ago. I'm in God's hands & I pray he Blesses me to b on earth for 18 yrs more, I'd love to b @ all my grandbabies high-school graduations.

I made donuts for dh this morning, I plan to eat 1/4 of them. It's hunting season here & dh got a big 10-point buck in our woods this morning & he's going back out for 2 more deer to donate to our local food-bank. I don't like the venison taste anymore except when I make Swiss steak, so that big buck will last dh a year w alternating it w chicken & fish. Next year dh goes to deer camp, his playtime w cards & the guys exploring the forest.

Susie, its soo Wonderful that John is enjoying walking w U Great going w losing that pound @ tops I've missed being here w U, but I know U r getting good support on your other threads. TY for your text, I was concerned about U being MIA & John's heart. U 2 r in my prayers, U feel like my missing sister that I just found last year. {TY for your encouraging words from your recent post to me.}

Melly, how r U doing w dh back from his elk hunting trip, I imagine it's honeymoon time @ your home Do U hunt also, I only hunt for wild berries & morel mushrooms. 213 lbs. is soo close to Onederland I know U can do this When I was @ tops club we often had members drop +10 lbs in 1 month & often it was due to water or constipation causing prior probs. R U still doing the night shift @ work? That's got to b a simpler food menu for U to manage. TY for telling us about Dolvett's book. How could I get that coupon to use for my Kindle e-reader?

It's a beautiful weekend here in MI in the high 50's & w low winds. Earlier this week it was bitterly cold in the 30's. We both got a flu shot last week @ Kroger $28, the lowest price of stores & our doc. I have lots of sewing to catch-up because from being sick. This year our sons r having Thanksgiving w their spouses parents, so dh & I will b on our own this year to eat & cheer for our football teams. Unless I received a quick health improvement I wouldn't b a good hostess for my family, so this worked out well.

Tori & Lyssa I hope that U r losing pounds & U r feeling well
Old 11-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #59  
It is what it is...

hi Ladies !!!! Glad to see you are all doing well ...I'm just maintaining at the moment although I have gained since the Summer...not doing too good on my Christmas Challenge Nothing really exciting is going on with me...as those of you who are on fb with me know, I turned 40 recently so that has changed my outlook some and I'm working thru that...I know I'm probably being a baby but I have to work thru my feelings...it is what it is...just a number...I think it has to do more with time wasted being over weight ...here I am 40 and still trying to get under 200 and stay there...just a little depressed over it I guess, and the holidays make it so hard.
Along with 40 comes my first mammogram which is scheduled for next Monday, fun fun

I'm watching Biggest Loser, anyone catch last week with Jillian and the caffiene pills? Odd...I thought they might have discussed it more...but anyway now I want some of those pills, haha

I was reading thru your posts and seems like you guys are doing good...

I've missed you guys...have a great week !!!!

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #60  

Hi! We had horrible storms last night but we are safe and didn't have any damage and I'm thankful for that.

I'm also thankful to see Carri posting!

Carri: We all have birthday's that hit us harder than others. For me, I LOVED turning 40 but I remember when I turned 27 I had a very hard time with that birthday and I just had to work through it. Looking at 50 in a couple of years and I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. I know there are somethings I want to have accomplished before then and I think if I have them done then it won't be so hard on me. The BIGGEST Things is that I want to be under 200 lb by they. So I better dig in and get busy with it.

I know you wanted to be under 200 by your 40th birthday....you know what? You can be there by 41!

I am watching Biggest Loser and yes I did catch last week with Jillian and the caffeine pills. I was surprised that she chose that route to go.

Dee: I hope each day you are feeling better. Did you watch Revenge last night?

Melly: Have you started reading Dolvett Quinces book yet?

Tori: Where are you pretty lady?

Ok, so I need your help. At TOPS this past Thursday we made a "my journey to goal" out of strips of poster board. We all had a starting place and an ending place. In between is the road we are driving on to our new destination. Along the way we have speed bumps that are to represent our personal challenges and what is slowing us down or in our way of reaching our goals. I have a few ideas what mine are, but I would like to hear your inputs as most of you on this thread have known me for a long time in this journey and I'm not really going anywhere...and I need to get a move on

Thank you for any information you share. I will let you know after Thursday what I put on my "road".

I wanted to share one more thing. Most of you know that I had a personal until last year when she went to be a missionary in Mexico. Well, her mother just passed away at the young age of 51. She had liver failure. Not caused due to drinking. I'm very sad for my friend and her family as I know they will miss her very much. However, my faith lets me take comfort in the fact that there is the promise of Heaven and that Lisa knew Jesus as her personal friend and Savior and that she is now with Him.

I have lost a lot of friends over the past two years and if I'm learning anything it is that life is not promised and if I'm going to make the most of it, I can't waste my time eating for comfort and pushing down feelings...I must get out there and live and move and enjoy. I was made for much more than this.....being overweight and unhappy with myself.