Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

Susie: Just finished the book. Wow is all I can say. I really liked dolvett before but after you read his story and how he got there you cannot not be impressed. Susie so sorry about your mother. Liver failure can be cause from a variety of reasons but it is one we all have to worry about. Did she have a fatty liver or perhaps diabetes. My husband has nash Non alcoholic steathahepatitis. Basically diabetes mixed with obesity can cause a fatty liver which the liver slowly dies. We caught it early a few years ago and it was bad but with weightloss, getting his diabetes under control and exercise we got it back to normal range. So young for your mother. I am 50 and could not imagine leaving my daughters.
The coupon I got from my trainer and it was only through nook. I guess he was sent several coupons due to him running our planet fitness gym. It was something he downloaded on my email and was only a once use. The price at least is not bad for a download. Nook was only 11.00 before the coupon.
No I don't hunt but I do shoot a rifle for sporting clays. Yes I am happy to have him home.

Weight down to 212.7 so it is steadily moving. Going to start the dolvett program tomorrow.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #62  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Melly: You are making me very curious about the book. Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas or a gift card so I can download it.

Did you start his program today?

Thank you for your condolences. The lady who passed wasn't my mother but a friend of mine's mother. She had NASH as well. She didn't have diabetes but she did carry some extra weight, about 50 lbs...and i think over time it lead to this. Her sister had the same thing and died two years ago but she didn't have diabetes nor was she overweight. They told them that it was just something with the way their liver's process the fat.

I am glad to hear that you caught your husband's issue early.

Hi Dee! Where are you? I miss you!!

Hi Tori, Lyssa and Carri!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #63  

I started dolvetts program last Monday and woo hoo!! down another 3.3 lbs. Scale at 209.9. I was so excited to be under 210 even if just by a smidge. Goal this week is to at least maintain with the thanksgiving holiday. Thanksgiving is scheduled as my cheat day but it is just another 400 calories to play with so carefull planning here.

Onderland here I come.

Last edited by cleancowgirl; 11-23-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #64  

Hi Melly: Great job! and I love that you already planned how many extra calories you will take in on Thanksgiving so that you can keep those scales going down.

Because of the Memorial Service I attended on Thursday I missed my TOPS weigh-in and we don't have a weigh-in next week do to Thanksgiving.

I have weighed myself at home and set a goal to have 3 lbs off at the next weigh-in at TOPS. I'm back to logging my food and I have lunch workouts scheduled this week on my calendar so that I will go do them.

Dee: I hope you are ok. I really miss you here.

Carri, Lyss, and Tori: I miss you all too!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post
Hi Melly: Great job! and I love that you already planned how many extra calories you will take in on Thanksgiving so that you can keep those scales going down.
The new program I am doing allows you to have a cheat day 2 times a week. You eat clean for 3 days /cheatday/eat clean for another 2 days/cheat day again.
The rules are you must exercise on cheat days and you can only have an additional 400 calories. It is suppose to end plateauing. So I do have a guide and just have to figure out what I want to cheat with.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #66  

Hi Melly: I'm going to have to get the book...it sounds like something I could work with .

I am having a pretty good week. I made it to the gym last night with DH and he said we will go again tonight.

I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I will try and pop in over the holidays.

I sure am looking forward to 4 days off work!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #67  

Hi! I hope everyone had a great holiday. It seems that most of us were busy as we weren't here.

I don't feel that I overdid on the food on Thanksgiving, except I did have two desserts but I spread them out through the day.

I have my decorations up and I have done some shopping. I will do a bit on-line shopping here in just a little while. My goal is to be done and wrapped by December 14 in case on December 16 they tell us we should/can do the ablation for DH before the end of the year.

I hope to see all of you posting soon.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #68  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

November= *vomiting blood 2x & unable to stand/walk; ER, internal bleeding, my body in shock; tubed & clip inside me to stop bleeding; ICCU 2 days w rude nurses & a blood transfusion; 1 day GI floor w kind nurses; home again & restriction diet for 2 weeks. No more nSaids, during my lifetime, only Tylenol for pain. My Ultrasound for 3 breast lumps was inconclusive again & repeats in May (same lumps for last 4 yrs., MRI's have false/positive results & biopsies increase cancer risk).

Okay that's why I've been MIA, not a pleasant holiday for me. DH has his cancer CT & checkup in a few weeks & he still refuses to take a RX for his bipolar & he's like living w a female w a PMS hormone imbalance & 'emotional' happy/angry yelling @ me daily. Jesus comforts me, but, having a better income would help me cope so much better daily without worries about bills. 18 yrs since we went on a trip to Florida, that trip would refresh my body & spirit this winter. But I am Blessed, I can: see, speak, hear & walk.

My 4 miniGoldenDoodle puppy litter was sold in 1 week, I sell them $300 less than other kennels do @ $400 per puppy. I'm not greedy like those dog breeders are; I want my puppies in family homes & I screen ppl & have a neuter/spade contract & use this income for medical payments.

Food wise I'm doing normal, but dread my lab for my pancreatitis, I've been eating sweets I'm back to my normal daily routine, but we have 4 Christmas dinner parties to attend this month, so I may ask Santa for a Fitbit wristband to monitor my body, about $120 I think.

Susie, I pray that John is doing well w his afib & that U r continuing to lose weight & close to your Christmas goal

Melly, you're a nurse so I am confident that U r on track w Dolvett's program, U can do this

Time to get back to work for my client's sewing orders now.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #69  

Mini doodles- wow! So glad you are on the mend. Yes trying to get back on track. I think til after the holidays just trying to deal one day at a time. Weight back down but lots of events, parties ect. I do get in my exercise time at least 5 days a week though.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #70  

Hi Dee! I have been so worried about you. I had a feeling that something was going on because it's never that long between posts for you. I sent you a text about a week or two ago. Did you get it?

What in the world caused the internal bleeding? I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through all of this along with the breast issues and DH's issues! I am going to get on my knees and say a prayer for both of you! I have been praying and will continue to do so.

As for John; he is doing well with the afib..he doesn't feel tired like he did the first time he had it. We see the cardiologist on Dec 16 to see what he has to tell us about the ablation procedure. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

Mel: Look at you getting 5 workouts in last week! It's so hard when it's this close to the holiday's. I'll be glad to get back to a normal routine too.

I'm not making any progress with the weight-loss but I'm not losing any ground. Just staying the same. To be honest my head just isn't in it right now.

But I'm not allowing myself to just forget about it. I do what I can and right now that is logging my food and staying in my calorie range.

I had a NSV today...I try to avoid soda but when it's at a meeting and it's free, I usually will get it instead of water...but NOT today! I'm going to work really hard and not have any soda between now and New Years Day.

I'll be popping in and out this week. Hope to see you all here.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #71  

Hi. I'm home with a cold today. Usually I keep going, but I've had a fever off and on so I thought it best to stay home.

I'm working a bit from home this AM; I am a morning person and I had a good nights sleep so I'll do what I can and then nap this afternoon and take 1/2 a sick day.

I just had some hot chocolate and it was so good.

DH's appointment yesterday was very informative. He told us to think about the information he gave to us and then call back and let his nurse know what we want to do. He told us if we choose the ablation it can't be done for at least 6 weeks and maybe longer with his schedule. So, we decided to think about it, get more information and then decide. We are leaning towards it to give it a try but want to be sure. He told us even if we didn't do anything but keep DH on the blood thinners, he felt that DH would have a very long and normal life. But if it was him, he would want to try the ablation to be back in normal rhythm if he could.

Hoping you all pop in and post.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #72  

Where is everyone? I am off work until Friday and I have to work half a day but I can do it at home.

I showed a loss at TOPS last Thursday. I showed a 9 lb loss for the year. I am embarrassed about that. It was our last weigh in until Jan 2 2014. I am determined to have a loss on Jan 2 and my goal for the year is 40 lbs.

That is a lot of work ahead of me but I am getting to the point where it is getting serious. I went to the doctor for a skin issue today and it is because of my weight. The doctor had a serious talk with me. She was kind and while it was about it and approached it that I am important and I need to take care of myself and owe it to myself, it all comes down to I am know letting or not able to stop my weight from negatively affect my quality of life.

I hope you all are doing ok and that you have a wonderful and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #73  

Good morning. I am off work today and my plans are to pay some bills, take down the tree and other Christmas decorations. I will leave out some of the snowmen though. Also have laundry to do.

I will also do my walking DVD today and I want to sit and write a couple of letters. That should make for a full day.

I am wondering if anyone is going to post here anymore? I will keep checking until the first of the year.

I miss everyone.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #74  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, I won't b posting on this thread anymore. Looks like its fizzled-out w/o anyone here but the 3 of us. I try to post 2-3x week, but we need more chicks here to keep this thread interesting/supportive.

This November & December have been my most miserable months in my life. Yesterday on Christmas our son from Wisconsin that stayed w us the last 3 days was on his drive to our other sons home 1 hour away; he was in a critical truck accident & is in a hospital 2 hours away from me w a bleed in his brain. We came upon his accident 30 minutes later seeing his truck upside down into a 40' drop-off between the highway lanes, after the jaws of life got him out, loading his body into a ambulance. Scott is alive. "Pray for him please to have a fast & healthy recovery to restore his healthy body & life. He has no wife or kids & we're frightened he will also go into a depression from his life-threatening accident. He doesn't smoke, drink, or drugs; he's the guy every parent wishes their daughter will marry, a kind & wonderful young man that loves life. He is a 'project manager' for a large company & a typeA @ work. His injuries are tearing our family up, I wish I could trade places w my son & to take his pains & injuries if God would let me b in his truck accident on Christmas instead of Scott. It is hard being w him @ the hospital & not show my sadness & worries, he'll forever b my baby boy in my heart, just like his younger brother is.... Our faith in the Lord & trusting the doctors skills & knowledge is all we have to heal our son's brain & body.....

I'll b back by New Year's to say goodbye & then probably look for a few threads w Christian values & also ppl that r near their goal to help me keep on track. I've had a 5# gain the last few months from eating fast-food & carbs, it certainly isn't the season to easily find fresh veggies/fruits to eat to stay healthy. I'm wishing for a fast-food restaurant that has a mostly vegetarian menu that isn't pricey in 2014.

Be SAFE my Friends I wish each of You Wonderful Health & a Blessed~Loving Life
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #75  

Dee my goodness that was so scary to read about your son. Of course you have my prayers for him. Please keep me updated with texts, emails, phone calls. Do you still have all my contacts info?