Old 12-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #1  

Smile Steel Magnolias #67

Good morning, ladies! 36 degrees headed for 42 this day but the sun is out after several days of rain. Rain is better than snow!

Nothing going on today but the Y and housework. Tomorrow I start my eating out at lunch time, dinner at home, and then lunch and dinner out the rest of the week. Careful choices are called for!

Faye, the yarn for your sweater is beautiful! The hat and scarf turned out so pretty and you have a handsome nephew and niece.

Jean, maybe it's time to start some new Christmas traditions. Glory and I will be getting together for a repeat of our Thanksgiving menu. We're going to spend the afternoon cutting out quilt blocks for our bee to make bed quilts for the VA nursing home. One of our members was visiting there and said it is so bleak and cheerless and we thought some colorful quilts for their beds would help brighten it up. We have to make 44.

Maggie, you and Will always fit in with whatever group is about. I'm sure the church people enjoyed Will's sermon.

Have a wonderful day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's a "warm" 25 degrees even though the breeze is blowing. I've spent most of the day counting money at both places then going to the bank. I ordered a new bank stamp for the gift shop -- $48! I have card club tonight so need to put my gift shop books away and pick up the paper clutter.

Maggie -- No snow melting here yet. Send some 40 degree temperatures my way!

"Gma" -- Boy, I sure would have NO clue as to why your knitting holes don't go where they should! Sometimes my thumb will hurt if I do something repetitive too long. I've been ripping envelops at church and that really bothers it after awhile.

Susan -- Thanks for starting the new thread! You are good! I think next year I will suggest we all get together the weekend before or after Christmas. Then the kids can start their own traditions at home. That will work until the holiday hits a weekend. I'm sure the veterans appreciate the warm quilts. Good luck with your eating challenges for the rest of the week.

I need to get something done before Bob gets home. He's been out of town picking up another tractor today; promised he has one sold so we'll see. Like I would know the difference! Enjoy the rest of your day and evening!

Last edited by Jean; 12-17-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Monday Evening

GOOD DECEMBER NIGHT MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It got into the 60°s today and that sure felt great. But I think next week we are in for some nasty weather.

I have decided to make Peach Crumb Cake in a jar gifts for some. I have a lovely sounding recipe for that one and for another White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookie Mix. I will wait and see how many jars I can fill with these two recipes before deciding what else to put in jars. I have picked out several recipes I want to use for the Mug’Ems recipes also. Time to do some shopping for ingredients.

Another decision I have made is to do WW on line on my computer. Since the meeting was changed location it is very difficult for those of us who may have a difficulty with stairs to attend. Even though there is an elevator there are still stairs that have to be navigated down to the meeting then up again to use a restroom. Anyway I have you ladies here on this tread as a support group along with Will at home. I am by no means giving up this road to thin.

SUSAN That is so nice of you ladies to make quilts and donate them to such a worthy cause. I am so sure the quilts are used with thanksgiving to the makers of them.

JEAM Does Bob have a collection of tractors now? I saw the biggest one I have ever seen the other day and was told it sold for a cool 1/2 million. They are quite the works of art with those arms stretched out they can cover lots of land.

Have a great nights sleep my friends. I am off to cut some zzzzz's
Always remember ~ A setback is only a setup for a comeback.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #4  

Good morning to you all. I am looking forward to 60 degree temps by the end of the week, though we will be getting more rain. Our deck is a mess, but seems like every time we plan on going to work on it, it rains and the leaves are too wet to mess with.

The one thing about knitting a sweater is progress is slow, especially when you knit plus sizes. It looks nice so far, but I am anxious to get it done and there just isn't a way to get it done fast.

I noticed we got a cost of living increase from the government on our Navy pay for next year, so you ladies should see a tiny increase on your SS I would imagine. We netted $22. I told Jack we now could afford to go on that fancy vacation.

Jack just left for work a few minutes ago and I am going to do more work upstairs today. The spare bedroom is a mess and needs to be straightened up and I really need to dust upstairs. I should just take all the stuff off of everything and get rid of it and give it to Good Will or something. It just collects dust. I need to start doing that for the downstairs too, just keeping what I really want and getting rid of all the other stuff.

Susan: I keep seeing commercials trying to encourage medical professionals to consider joining the VA hospitals and they show them all updated and fancey and what not and they absolutely are not. They are terrible in my opinion and I think it is horrible that our vets get treated that way. The ones I have been to are not only cut rate medical care, but gray or dark green and drab and smelly and disgusting. I think it is wonderful you are going to give quilts to the nursing home. My niece is a twin actually. She has a twin brother. Luke is a little doll and I have never seen him in person, ever. I rarely see my niece and her husband. Last time I saw them was when my son got married and that was almost 10 years ago. They live in Californian and don't come east much.

Jean: I have a thumb I dislocated on my right hand when I fell and messed up my knee originally way back in the 90's and it will start to ache sometimes if I knit for too long or do other things which can put stress on it. Did you ever finish your afghan? Does Bob store his "toys" somewhere as I wouldn't think you have enough room at your house to put them all. Are you all ready for Christmas? I can't believe it is next week. Thomas's presents are still sitting on the floor in the dining room with the bag with the paper rolls and the bag with the bows on the floor next to it. I guess I have to get on the ball and get them wrapped. I haven't heard from my dd as to what she wants to do for Christmas Eve yet.

Maggie: Oooh, I bet the cranberry cookie recipe would be good with dark chocolate or cherry bits and dark chocolate. I know my FB page always has tons of recipes that people post on it. They have one with pork chops in the crockpot and powdered ranch dressing and cream of chicken soup in it that looks good.

I guess I should go. I am doing laundry again today. Sure seems I do an awful lot of laundry for just two people and I hang around in old clothes most of the time when I am home. You all have a good Tuesday. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the wind is blowing, and it's cold outside! I spent the morning doing laundry and a few more Christmas cards. Either everyone else is running late, too, or not sending them this year. I just made a trip to the hospital to turn in the stamper bill and stamper to be pitched. Now I need to start wrapping!

Maggie -- It is 30 degrees here right now, but feels like 15 because of the wind. Both jar recipes sound good! Good luck with doing WW online; you can do it! That's too bad the new meeting place has stairs; I'm sure there are others who are disappointed along with you. Bob had a hutch with glass doors made for his office to hold his toy tractors. I asked and he guessed he has around 40. I'm guessing more like 50. One is made of iron and has a man sitting on it; it was my uncle's when he was little. He also has an Oliver wall clock that was in his dad's shop and it was there when his grandfather had the business, so it's old too. He has 5, soon to be 4, farm tractors.

"Gma" -- You sure don't want to make a mistake by hurrying your sweater project. You have lots of time to get it done. Has the job position that Jack wanted been filled, or is it hurry up and wait to find out? There is a kid from Jason's class who is a radiologist in Mpls. He was part of a group and 3rd from the last hired. They let the last 3 go this fall, thanks to the unknowns of Obamacare. He has looked all over the U.S. and there just aren't many positions open for his experience level. January is going to be a bit scary, for the medical field, I think. If you try the pork chop recipe let us know how you like it. It sounds good!

I need to keep moving and work on Christmas! It will be here before we know it! Enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #6  

Good morning to you all. Jack should be up any minutes and since I was up thought I would hurry up and post before he comes downstairs. He likes to read the news online as he eats his cereal. Slurp, slurp, slurp, but I have learned to live with it!

My younger sister is learning to knit and keeps texting me with questions. It is tough to answer some of them without being in front of her and also because I knit backwards to everyone else. I gave her a link to a great knitting help site and told her there are videos to help her. I have yet to not find a video for a stitch or whatever I need to learn. They are backwards for me, but I usually can get the idea.

I made my hair appt for next month so if they do surgery next month at least I have a good haircut and color. One of the things in the biopsy said I have endometrial polyps so I really need to have the thing removed I think. Of course, it has quit giving me trouble at the moment, which is great.

Jean: We have only received one Christmas card so far this year from our friends that cruised with us the first time and are thinking of going with us next year. I will eventually get one from Kelly and my niece that I made the hat always sends us one, but I used to get tons and people just don't send them out anymore or only send to those who send them one. Stamps have gotten so ridiculous for one thing. I won't be trying the pork chops as Jack wouldn't eat them with the ranch dressing in them. I don't think I could sneak them by him either.Though they have vetted whom they think is qualified for the job, they haven't even done the interviews for jack's promotion. He thinks they won't do anything until after the first of the year as the position is a created one and not one that is urgent.

Everyone have a great middle of the week. Time to test the blood sugar then get things started for the day. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 12-18-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #7  

Good morning, ladies. 38 degrees right now and in the high 40s later today. It's supposed to get to 70 on Saturday and 75 on Sunday!

I have a luncheon at 12:30 and then my library bee is going to Olive Garden for dinner and then we'll go have our meeting and sew.

Faye, did you get the books? I checked with UPS and they said they were delivered on Friday evening. Just want to be sure they gave them to you.

Jean, I've gotten 4 cards and sent 17. It's just too expensive for any but out of towners. I have a few more I need to do if I can squeeze them in this week.

Maggie, I'm sure the folks who receive you jar gifts will be very happy to get them. They sound delicious.

I need to get to the Y so you all have a good day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly and it's 41 degrees this afternoon! There is a breeze and it's cold outside! I went to get my nails done this morning and then made the dreaded trip to WM. I had quite a list and was there too long trying to find "stuff." I finally gave up on the grocery end as I just can never find what I'm looking for even when I read the signs. Tried to remember a few salad ingredients without checking the recipes before I left home.

"Gma" -- I learned how to do the afghan stitch from a left handed knitter. I sat facing her after we ate lunch. It was my first year of teaching and Bob was in Vietnam so I had lots of time. I lived in an apartment and we hadn't been married long enough to accumulate anything. I had endometriosis; they didn't know that until they got in "there" so washed all my innards.

Susan -- Wah! I want warmer weather like you have! We are supposed to be colder by the weekend and perhaps get some snow. Know you will have fun today -- enjoy! I just send cards to out of town friends.

I need to keep moving and figure out what groceries I need for Christmas food. I still have a few cards to do, many gifts to wrap although I did a few of those yesterday, and bell practice in a couple hours. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and evening.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking Wintertime Wednesday

GOOD DECEMBER NIGHT MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It has been a beautiful day here in the ♥-Land ~ more like spring it seemed. We went to a small berg about 50 miles away to have lunch with some friends and had a great time of it. I took them a jar of Peach Crumb Cake mix and she was thrilled. They gave us a gift card for Applebee’s which we truly appreciated. They are older than us and what a neat couple. They own lots of acres of land with oil pumpers on it and she used to be an airplane pilot. We will be taking our metal detector equipment to explore for old artifacts on some of that property.

We had Bible Study tonight and we took jars of that cake mix and gave each couple one. It was just much easier to make all jars alike. I made 6 coffee cups up today for Will to give to his co-workers at the museum of Grits & Cheese Casserole Mix which it is to be made in the mug and serves one. Both recipes I used sound like they will be real yummy.

Somehow I broke a fingernail way back where it will have to grow out before I can cut it off. I used some nail glue and glued a piece of that stuff that looks like a tea bag paper over the cut and that should hold it well until I can cut it off after it grows out. When it grows out I will cut all my nails short and they can all grow out together. I remember as a teen we did use tea bag paper to mend nails with and now you can buy sheets of it in the nail department for mending nails. I hardly ever have to use the mending stuff I have but it is good to have on hand when something like this happens.

JEAN You my friend have been having colder weather than we have. It is like spring here and not jacket wearing weather. Ah but we are supposed to get cold weather next week so I am not a hurry to send my cold weather jackets and sweaters to the cleaner just yet and put them up for I am sure I will need them before very long again. I seem to get more house work done when the weather is cold also for I don't venture out so much when it is cold.

DONNA FAYE Folks are not sending cards out like they used to because of the cost of stamps. People can greet others on their phones or in letters or on their computers and not that they have lost the Christmas Spirit. I still haven't sent my few out and had better get on it and do it tomorrow.

SUSAN I love the Olive Garden and they have some good choices for those of us who are watching what we eat. Those that we handed those jars to were thrilled to get them. I remember last time we did that how thrilled it made folks and do believe I will do it again next year and use a different recipe.

Have a great night my friends.

Last edited by Maggie; 12-19-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #10  

Good morning to you all! It is going to be nice and warm here today and by Saturday be in the low 70's for one day then it will dip back into the upper 40's.

I put a call into my PEM group because I have developed some pretty awful headaches from the insulin and they won't go away. I had Jack get me some Aleve yesterday and that doesn't work either. I think I may have to change to Levamir, which is a 12 hours versus 24 hour extended release. That would mean an extra dose I imagine, but who knows. All I know is I can't stand these darn headaches.

Well, I see as usual Christians are not allowed to express their opinions about anything. They have suspended Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty indefinitely for statements he made in a GQ interview. I think they don't know who they are messing with though and he isn't going to take back the statements he made. I am kind of sick and tired of all this being one sided. People still have the right to express their opinion and if I were him, I would sue A and E for civil rights violation. A and E people are stupid. The people that watch this show and buy the products are family oriented, country, redneck, conservative folks and they aren't going to quit buying the products. It didn't work for Chickfilet and it definitely won't work with this family. They are very close and I see them telling A and E to stuff it. This is their number one show and when the whole family stands behind him and refuses to go on with the show I imagine they will change their minds. Ratings will top anything else with tv channels.

Still plugging along on the sweater. I need to start a new project though as I get bored working the sweater all the time and I have plenty of time to complete it.

Jean: The problem with my endometrial stuff is they can't do a "burning" of the tissue with novasure because my uterus is too long. I am fed up with going every few months into the hospital for a d and c. I just want it out and over with. The hospital never sent me the first results of my mammogram, but they were johnny on the spot to send me a letter saying I had an abnormal mammogram. If I hadn't talked with people there this darn letter would have scared me to death. They make it sound like my breasts are full of cancer and all it is are a couple of very tiny calcium spots. I am waiting to hear from my doctor how she wants to handle it, but if I haven't heard from her by Christmas I guess I will make an appt and go in and see what she wants to do. I am so sick of stupid doctors!!!

Susan: I'm sorry, I thought I had posted that I received the books and thanked you for them. I do thank you as they are great cookbooks. I don't know how much I can use them for meals for both of us, but I sure can for the one person meals, which is great. Jack is so picky.

Maggie: Sounds like your gift giving is keeping you busy. I sent out my last three cards yesterday so I am done. So far, I have gotten 3 cards and I sent out 25!

Everyone have a great day. I have to get off the computer as this headache is killing me. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 12-19-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful it's Thursday

GOOD DECEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a bit cooler here in the ♥-Land with the temp in the 40° range.

I have gotten all the jar and cup gifts delivered and that is good to get them done so I don’t have to rush. I love those little one person recipes that goes in a mug to Mug-Em with. I’ll do that again next year mainly for single folks as I did this year. The book has 21 mug recipes in it. I may even make some of the bars from the book Hip 2b Square and gift them. There are many ways to share a square or more. They look festively stacked and wrapped with shrink wrap with a bow on top or in any type of container for that matter. Just thinking of the “Sunshine Lemon Bars” makes my mouth water. What fun to give gifts from the kitchen.

I ordered the neatest travel mugs for our “stocking stuffer gift” which are called French Press Travel Montana Mug. They have a place at the bottom which will hold 2 servings of grounds and are said to keep coffee hot like the one I currently use from Zojirushi. We will see how long the coffee with be kept hot when they get here. French press coffee is soooo good. Those of you who don’t like or drink coffee probably don’t have a clue to what I am talking about here. It will be interesting to see if they will fit into the drink holder in the Jeep. My tall thin Zojirushi fits quite nicely for it is 2½ inches wide and 9 inches tall and still sold as the “best” for keeping a beverage hot in Hammicer Schlammicer (sp)catalogue for they do tests on the products they sell and try to find the “best”. I love the little elephant on Zojirushi’s logo and have had this container for quite some time now and it is still keeping things hot.

DONNA FAYE Surely there is a med for you that won't give you those headaches as a side effect. No, Robertson won't back down from his beliefs and look for A&E to buckle under the pressure from the "people" ~ just a matter of time.

Have a great afternoon my friends.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The wind is really blowing today, cloudy, and feels like 5 degrees outside. It's bitterly cold and the wind seems to go right through my coat. I braved the grocery stores this morning; don't know why they both can't carry the same items in the same sizes. I have a coffee date this afternoon and then am home for the night. I'd really like to go see Anchorman 2 but maybe this weekend. I have a couple more cards to write and lots of gifts left to wrap so need to finish those projects.

Maggie -- I waiting for you to share your weather! Yesterday felt like a spring day! Sioux City had 50 degrees but we didn't get quite that high. Last night, after practice, it did feel like a nice spring evening with no wind. I'm sure everyone appreciates the food gifts from you. A great idea!

"Gma" -- I hope your headache is gone by now. Bob's mom got us started on extra strength Tylenol and that seems to work well for both of us. I still keep Excedrin on hand. The Robertson family (maybe just Phil?) is being interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight but I couldn't find it on the cable guide so not sure of the time or channel. I got it on FB. I'd like to watch it. What happened to freedom of speech, let alone opinion?

I need to get moving and run an errand on my way to coffee. Enjoy the rest of your day and evening.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies. As you can see, it is near 2 AM and here I sit. My pharmacy dr called me back and said she had talked with my regular dr and they were highly concerned and they wanted me to go to the ER. She said Lantus only causes headaches in people whose blood sugar is low and since mine wasn't (I did an extra test during the day and it was fine) so I texted Jack and he zoomed home early (which he didn't really have to do) and we spent the next 5 hours in the ER. They took blood and the guy hit a big vein and before he could attach the tubes for the blood, I had blood pouring out of my arm down it and all over my shirt and jeans and onto the floor. I showed him for poking me! I had a cat scan, they checked my heart and sinuses and neck etc and nothing. Lying in the hall waiting for someone to take me back to the ER after the Cat Scan they pushed up a very elderly black lady with her daughter. Her daughter was so sweet and ask me if I was ok and was very pleasant. Poor thing had a hip replaced and she looked to be about 90 or so and just layed there. I guess she was developing pressure sores so they wanted to scan them to see how deep they were getting. God Bless her daughter. She had the old lady dressed up for sure. She had on hospital gown, but she had fancy fuzzy sleepers peeking out under the sheet and had a leopard skin hat/scarf combo and big earrings so she wasn't going to be a plain jane in the hospital for sure! When they came to take me back she walked up and patted my shoulder an wished me happy holiday and said santa would be to my house soon. I told her I wasn't so sure because I had been naughty this year and might get coal in my stocking. She just laughed as did the young man who wheeled me back to my room. I had all my clothing on including shoes and I whacked the poor kid a good one with my shoe when he wheeled me into the room. I profusely apologized, but I imagine his knuckles stung. They sent me home with a migraine med. I woke up at 1:30 with the headache so I took one of the meds they gave me and am waiting for the headache to go away if it does. I am not sure as the stuff is a barbituate combined with tylenol and caffeine and it put me to sleep so I am not sure the headache ever really went away. We shall see what the next step is as I am going to make an appt to see my regular dr in the morning. I probably won't get in to see her for at least 2 weeks or so and I am supposed to make an appt with the scheduling nurse to go in to see my gyno since my blood glucose stays ok they can proceed with my hysterectomy.

I am not up to about 7 cards and thank you, Jean for the cute cat card, btw. Jack knew who you were because I talk about all of you all the time.

I am probably going to sit and knit for a bit until I feel a bit better or they make me sleepy again.

Maggie: Have you ever made the Splenda hot cocoa mix? I think I am going to make that so that I can get my milk in during the day. I am supposed to have two servings and the only thing considered milk is yogurt and milk pretty much. Cheeses, cream cheese, sour cream and such is considered carbs on the list. I bought FF milk, but I couldn't use it up fast enough before it went bad and Jack won't drink it. He drinks 2%. I just wondered if you liked it if you ever made it before. I am going to get the ff dry milk and creamer and cocoa and make up a batch and see if I like it I think. I do like hot cocoa. I don't know about the mug, but I know what a french press is for coffee. In fact, Jack and I watched a show on one of the cooking channels all about coffee and the different way to brew it an such. Jack has a Keurig that he really likes. He likes the flavored creamers to put in his coffee and even said he was going to take some on the cruise next year so he could put it in coffee from the ship, which is actually free unlike anything else you want to drink on the ship. Do those cranberry/white choc cookies freeze well do you know? Jack wouldn't eat them and I would like to make them and freeze them in baggies. TX

Jean: It got into the low 60's here yesterday, in fact I didn't even wear a jacket to the hospital. I took one and threw it into the back seat in case it was cool when we came out. We seem to be going to have nice temps until Sunday then back into the 40's, which is better than the 20's, which we were having for awhile. We have commissary this weekend and of course ti is going to rain. We can now park in handicap though so it will be closer to the store and we may not get totally soaked. Jack always lets me out at the store entrance as they have a big median strip with planter and such between the parking lot and the store and have a drive through to pick up groceries so he lets me off there.

Well, I guess I will go sit and knit for a bit if my head allows it. I noticed a bit of stiffness in my shoulder so probably slept wrong too, which doesn't help. Have a great day and great weekend. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 12-20-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another cloudy, breezy, cold day in my corner of the world. I went to get a "trim" this morning and I'm hoping I can do something with it after I wash it again. One of Bob's customers is having their annual Christmas open house tonight. They clear out the machine shed, lay down carpet remnants, turn on the heat, and invite the surrounding farm families plus every other Tom, Dick, and Harry they know to come. They provide most of the food but others also bring things to share. The newest agent was personally invited this morning so I'm hoping he and Bob will go together and then I won't have to go. I really wanted to go to the show tonight, but maybe tomorrow night.

I have developed an allergy (?) to something. The skin on my face is splotchy and dry to the point it is scaly. This morning it itched and is red. I don't have time to go to Sioux City to the dermatologist right now. I haven't eaten anything different, nor changed any of the soap, etc., I use. 'Tis a mystery, and I'm not much liking it.

"Gma" -- I'm so sorry about you having to go to the ER. I hope the prescription helped your headache. Beth has migraines so I know they can be awful. I hope your commissary trip goes smoothly. I guess with a holiday it could be worse than ever.

I finished my cards this morning and now need to wrap, wrap, wrap this afternoon! Hope you all are having a good Friday and enjoy!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Truly Thursday

GOOD DECEMBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

Santa must sure not like me at all this year. Will ordered a bow for me last month from a local shop and found out today it won’t be here until mid January. Good thing is he gets it for the price it was when he ordered it and it will be about a hundred dollars more in cost next year. At least the special arrows he ordered made up and the hand guard did come in and I do have the arm guard. I’m not really bummed because I wouldn’t be able to use the bow until after then anyway for the weather won’t be good. If he wants a take-down one like it he will have to order it in April probably. Mine will be a take-down bow and he has one now that isn’t but I imagine after I get mine he will want one like kinda like it.

Will came in with some ger-prizes for me. Since I won’t get my bow until after the New Year he got me a kids re-curve bow with 3 arrows that have rubber suckson cups on the end and a Daisy Red Rider BB gun with 1500 BBs. The gun is because the 22 handgun he bought me for my birthday is still in the shop being worked on. He also brought me a bottle of Opium which is my favorite fragrance that I wear each day and it is a tradition to have it for my anniversary present. I love my smell good stuff and new bow and BB gun. Will had one just like it when he was 8 years old.

We so far have gotten 3 gift cards for Applebee’s and 2 for I-Hop that came in nice Christmas cards. The two charms I ordered came and I now have the” Never, Never, Never Give Up” and on the back it says Winston Churchill. The little telescope is actually way too big for my bracelet but does make a nice necklace.

An insurance guy gave Will a book which is called The Art of the Cookie by Shelly Kaldunski ~ just what I need is a cook book filled with nothing but cookie recipes. It says to craft beautiful and delicious cookies to savor and share. If I made any I would have to be making them to give away for they don't have any nutritional information with the recipes. The pictures are luscious and inviting though and a nice looking book for the insurance company to give away. I have a nice little paperback booklet put out by WW called Best Ever Desserts and lots of yummy recipes clipped from Cooking Light magazine which do have the nutritional information in the recipes. I could find out the points+ values in this book if I wanted to but know the points value would be too high to make me want to eat any of them. It is a nice "give away" from the insurance company none the less.

DONNA FAYE What an ordeal you are going through with that headache. Do you suppose it is a migraine? They are known to last for several days and can be quite severe. When I first feel one coming on I found if I take a couple of Vanquish, which I get over the counter, it keeps the pain away. My doctor, years ago, told me that I would find a medicine over the counter that would work for my headaches since I hated taking the prescribed ones for they made me feel goofy. I like to keep a nice Hot Chocolate Mix on hand especially in the colder weather. I got the recipe out of my Splenda® Recipe Book by Marlene Koch. Here it is in case you don’t have this recipe.
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
½ cup nondairy dry creamer
⅔ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
⅔ cup Splenda Granular®

1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together
2. Place in an airtight container
3. To serve, stir 3 tablespoons of the dry mix
into 6 ounces very hot water & stir

Per Serving (3 Tablespoons)
Calories 50
Carbohydrate 8 grams
Protein 3 grams
Fat 1.5 grams (1 saturated)
Fiber 1 gram
Sodium 30 milligrams
Diabetic exchange = ½ carbohydrate
WW point + comparison = 1 point

JEAN Sounds like quite a open house party those folks are putting on for their friends. I hope you can soon figure out what is causing that skin rash you have and get it treated. Since you have done nothing different it is one of those weird things that just happen and leave a person guessing. Not a fun thing for sure. I had to cut my long luscious fingernails off this morning because somehow I had broken one back a bit beyond where it was growing at the tip of the finger. All long and one short makes it look odd. I have some mending stuff but with this break it wouldn't work well at all. They will all grow out again but they sure feel strange being so short.

Have a great afternoon/evening my friends.