Old 03-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #226  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Do you have an open enrollment period right now, or is this impromptu day because of the recent change in the employee coverage? A virtual drive with Google Earth sounds nice - good fuel economy too, lol.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
==
No jury duty for me - only people whose last names begin with the letters I through M needed to report. Whew!! Dodged that bullet. For the time being.

Doing my usual herbal lemon tea for weigh-in day. The scale was back down this morning, but I still don't think I'll see a loss on the ww scale this week. I definitely didn't earn one based on my eating! I'm also wearing a different (heavier) pair of jeans today, so that'll probably make a difference too.

Speaking of jeans...this is the last week of the calendar quarter and the last week for wearing jeans. I will miss having pockets. I have a couple pairs of dress slacks with pockets, but I'm pretty sure one of the pairs is going to be too large to wear anymore since I've lost more weight. Nice problem to have I guess... better than the slacks being too small.

I finished season 2 of MOTG last night. I can now begin the Mad Men dvds I checked out of the library. I think I saw several episodes from Season 1, but I'll probably watch them again since it's been a while. I'll wait a bit to continue w/ MOTG.

I think that's about it. Everyone have a great day, and I'll probably check back later. Toodles.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-26-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #227  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey ladies,

Weather is warming up, supposed to be sunny and hit 45 degrees (for about 15 minutes ) on Friday. I will be out on the deck with my face in the sunshine lapping up the warmth Sounds like everyone is so tired of winter this year. Not that it's really taking any longer, it's just the warmth of the sun in so invigorating.

Last night I watched the first 3 episodes of Downton Abbey - season 2. I had to stop at that so as not to sit up all night long and watch the entire series. Because I would have. I must thank you Laura for your suggestion of looking up DVDs at the library, it never occured to me. They have a number of DVDs from series that I would be interested in watching. Not that I need more time in front of the tv but it's good to know that's available over the long winter when there's not much else to do.

I am doing some major hating on the Thomas character I often wonder, when you play a character as smarmy as he does on a series so popular that many people see it - does it affect how people treat you? Do people tend to associate you with the person you portray? Remember Little House on the Prairie - the TV series with Michael Landon? Well perhaps not all of you will. But there was a blond girl - Nellie Olson who was probably one of THE most annoying characters ever to play on TV. In real life she was one of the nicest people ever. And I think she said she sort of revelled in her character, knowing she was nothing like Nellie at all. Just one of my random musings that fills my head

I guess I'd better spend the day on my classwork since there is a new lesson coming out tomorrow. Not much else going on.

Laura - I had several sweaters and jackets I'd wear to work that made up for the lack of pants pockets. Do well with today's weigh in That had to be a big relief getting off of jury duty. If they are pulling by a section of last names, they must have called a rather large group of people in the original call to arms. Seems a bit silly one would think. Had a good laugh over your analogy of us vs Michelle

Ceejay - have to agree that a virtual "drive" sounds quite nice, can't beat the cost either Good luck with the insurance - I think they purposely design it so normal human beings can never understand the details.

Hello to the rest of the Worldlies
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
Yes, this is our open enrollment for insurance. They had a conflict in scheduling the companies so a rep is here today for those who have questions.
Good luck in today's weigh in.
I know you are relieved for the no jury duty.

Happy
I remember Nellie Olsen. Always wanted to whack her one.
How are you doing in the theory class?
Loved the picture of the deer you posted on FB.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #229  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Shue weeee, busier than a one-armed paper hanger.

Finally came up for air and lunch...a little late in the day.

LAURA...how did WI go? All my dress pants have pockets, I cannot seem to function with them.

HAPPY...had to laugh, I do remember Nellie Olson. Wasn't she adopted by the Olsons? Yes, Thomas is one of those characters you love to hate. They say if you not like a character because they play the part so well, they are good actors.

CEEG...I know when you google my house it is a picture of when the previous owner lived there and not now and has none of my landscaping of course.

Hello all you girlies whirlies!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #230  

Aaargh - gained 0.6 pounds this week. Oh well, this week can be better! But right now I'm hungry - skipping breakfast has left me famished, even after eating my lunch. I just ate a hard-boiled egg and a tangelo and still feel hungry, but I'll wait a bit to see if the hunger passes.

Annie - Any new slacks I buy for work are going to have front pockets!! Hey, any positive thoughts today? I'd hate for Happy to have to eat that ice cream...

Ceejay - Oh yeah, Nellie Olsen was very much disliked - and so was her mom!!

Happy - I think the actors playing villains must have a lot of fun doing it.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #231  
Annie - Indiana

POSITIVE THOUGHT TODAY: Curtis gets to go fishing which makes him extremely happy in turn makes me happy!!

I am asking prayers for both of my children. Yesterday: Samantha calls me upset because the babe is sick, they have no insurance, she is worn out and depressed, wishes she could get back on prozac. Last night Tater called me saying he thought he was probably depressed because he has never felt this the way he was feeling. He has no insurance. He says he loves everyone but just does not care about anything. Ok, I am praying my bunz off but also freaking out, dear God please lift up my children and bring them out of this mood.

LAURA....the gain was not as bad as it could of been, look at the bright side, not even an entire lb. Yeah!!

Have a great day all...I am so busy this week.

Loves
Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #232  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

On Monday, I had a phone interview for a job in San Diego. It went really well and I'm scheduled for a technical phone screening tomorrow afternoon. I've also gotten calls from recruiters who want to present my resume for positions in the San Diego area.

I've been busy...keeping up with the emails and voice mails I'm receiving, as well as refreshing my memory on the programming skills that I have experience in but don't use every day so that I can discuss them like I do use them every day!

It's very exciting! When asked how quickly I could start I've basically told the interviewers that I could start a new job in CA within 3 weeks from the date of a job offer. That would allow me time to give my current employer 2 weeks notice, and an additional week to drive a moving truck to CA. Of course, there are lots of steps to go through before any job offer with any company is tendered...many phone interviews, perhaps some Skype interviews, and then possibly flying out for an interview. I'm just going with the flow...taking things as they come...and putting my best foot forward with each conversation and email. Hopefully I'll get a great job offer soon!

==============
Annie - I'm sending prayers out to your kids and Lil Man. I hope they are able to find their way through and out of what is bring them down. Sending much love and many hugs to them (and to you). :

I'll have to come back later for the rest of the personals.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #233  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Great news on your mom's cardiologist report. I'm glad you spoke to your DH about thinking positively and keeping a positive attitude. It's so important. Yesterday, I got an email from a recruiter about a job in Memphis...and I thought of you. I've gotten so many calls and emails about jobs in North Carolina, Georgia and now Tennessee. No thank you. I politely thank them for their interest in my qualifications, but tell them I am interested in relocating to CA, and if they here of anything there, to please let me know. So cool about seeing bald eagles! I agree with Ceejay that you should pursue a writing career.

Laura - The Thai style chicken sounds really yummy. Bummer on the weigh in, but that could be for any number of reasons...but I'm sure it will come off (plus more) by next week. I'm glad you don't have to report for jury duty! I love pants with pockets. As for me living in Sunny CA, when I get there, you are ALL welcome to come visit ANYTIME!

Ceejay - Google Earth does sound fun. I've used Google Maps streetview, but not Google Earth. Good for you for taking care of you. It would be nice if you could limit your driving.

Mel - I hope you start feeling better and are able to "come back" soon.

Big to Shad!

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 03-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Good thoughts and prayers for you and family.

Michelle
Wow, a long distance interview. You must be getting more and more excited every day about the move to CA.

-----
My last day to work this week and I'm getting excited. I have a 5 day week end. I'm taking vacation day's for Easter and April 1. If bff is up to a visitor think I'm going there this week end to hang out.

I did look on line to see about airline tickets to Missouri but they are to expensive. Jonesboro does have a small airport that have flights to St Louis but I haven't tracked a trip from there to Springfield. Haven't thought about Little Rock but it takes me 3 hours to get there. Memphis International is to expensive. I've about decided to break up the drive into 3 hours a whack. It takes 5 to 6 hours to get there. But not this week end. I'll reschedule at a later date.

Every one have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #235  

Morning all.

Annie - Get well wishes for the li'l guy!! I hope your kids can find their way out of their down moods and can get medical help if necessary. It's a terrible thing to not have medical insurance and not be able to get the help you might need. I hope Curtis enjoys fishing today. He must really love it if he likes to do it even in this weather!!

Michelle - Sounds like your skills are in high demand. I'm sure you'll score a great job in the very near future.

Ceejay - Ooh, how nice to have a 5-day weekend coming up!! Enjoy yourself. I have the same issue with getting to see my mom in Springfield, MO - other than flying, no other modes of transportation are that great. I'm lucky to live in a busy air transportation hub and can get direct flights to SGF if I care to, but it does cost. There's no amtrak service to there, and the bus would be worse than driving my own car, IMO... I agree that breaking up the drive would certainly make it easier, especially if you have the time off to spare that extra time.

Hellos to all of you. Must be a busy week out there.
==
I went to see the movie "Jack the Giant Slayer" last night. It was pretty good, entertaining. Nothing spectacular - I wouldn't recommend running right out to see it, but renting the dvd might be a good option. The lead was the kid who was in "About a Boy", all grown up now. And it also had Ewan MacGregor and Stanley Tucci, so a pretty good cast.

Nothing much else to report. Kind of in a morose mood. The admin is out for the rest of the week, off to FL for a spring break getaway with her hub and daughter. I need a day off too!! Maybe I should take tomorrow or Monday off work...

But for now, it's back to work. TTFN.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #236  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
I SHOULD BE BACK OVER THE WEEKEND.

STILL HAVE A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO HERE BUT IT WILL HAVE TO WAIT.
FEELING BETTER EVERY DAY BUT WHAT A PITA!!!
THE NEW CHAIR IS ALL FOULED UP AND SO IS SOCIAL SECURITY.
THE SWITCHED ME TO PARTIAL RETIRED SECURITY BECAUSE OF MY BIRTHDAY.
AND ANOTHER BRANCH IS CALLING FOUL. WTF!!!
THEY BLAMED ME FOR NOT NOTIFYING THEM OF THE CHANGE WHEN IT WAS THEM THAT CHANGED IT.
BUT A MAN ASSURES ME HE CAN NIP THIS IN THE BUD.

AS FOR THE CHAIR...THE HMO IS DEMANDING A COMPLETE FOLLOWUP FOR THEM TO PASS THE CHAIR.
I HAVE TO SEE THE MDA DR SOON.
WAITING ON MANY CALLS HERE.

OK GOTTA GET OFF THIS THING AND STOP TYPING & STRESSING.
I REALLY NEED TO WIN THE FRASSING LOTTERY.
GUESS I SHOULD MAYBE BUY A TICKET?
STAY WELL AND I'LL BE BACK SOON.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-27-2013 at 12:01 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #237  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Ah Mel, if only I'd known. The last big Powerball lottery was won by some bloke in New Jersey. Sorry you are having such a big snafu yet AGAIN. Geez if something ever went smoothly, I'm sure you'd wonder what was wrong and lurking around the corner. I truly hope they can fix this before it takes 2 years to undo it. Hang in there and don't get all stressed out. I cannot believe how much trouble you have to go through each and every time with the chair issues. That's just insane. Yet they ignore all the rampant fraud that goes on all over.

Laura - thanks for the mini movie review. Isn't the lead the person who was also in that Zombie love story movie that was out about a month ago? Sorry you are in a bummer mood. Have to find a place where you can take Coal and BF and get away for a long / short weekend. I did some digging and I finally found the place I was talking about before.

Kishauwa on the Vermillion (River)
Trip Advisor dot com reviews

This place was formerly a boy scout camp in the Lasalle / Peru Illinois area - about a 2 hour drive from you. It's pretty remote, I remember when we drove there I didn't think we'd find it but those were the days of limited paper maps and no Garmin. It's several cabins (12 in all I think) which are in a sort of ring formation around a very large common grassy area. 2 of the cabins are dog friendly so Coal is welcome. Apparently the original owners have passed away, but in the reviews it appears the new owners are keeping up the same traditions. This is designed as a quiet get away from the noise, the crowds, the commotion in life. There is no tv, no cable, no telephones (although there is a land line in the office). They don't discourage but they don't encourage kids either. Because it's supposed to be a quiet place in the forest - kind of like my house but not so far of a drive Anyway we loved it there. Went twice. The second time we hauled our big 10 inch telescope into the common field to do some stargazing. Mr. Ben the owner at the time came out to see what we were doing and we spent a delightful evening chatting and showing him the stars and the moon. They have a tv in the room and a vcr (at least they did) and had tapes/cds for loan in the office. There's a river off the property where you can do fishing (hint hint Annie although it's a long drive for you). Lots of woods for walking. They supply a grill and a patio table and 2 chairs on the porch. I'm not sure I'd go there now when it's still cold out but they say they have repeat visitors all year long. Obviously DH and I were impressed with the place.

Ceejay - 5 whole days off good for you - I hope you will find the time to do something restful and relaxing and enjoyable too. And that it doesn't mean that you have to drive forever to get it.

Michelle - sounds like things are falling nicely into place for you with the new job hunt. I hope the interviews go well Sounds as if you would prefer San Diego just slightly over San Fran if you had your choice. Better beaches in San Diego I bet - the water is cooler up north. What a good feeling to know you have options. Will you get stuck for alot of money if you break your lease early?

Annie - will certainly send some prayers out for your kids. Life is hard lately - they say the younger generation is bummed out about the realities and that we were more optimistic about life in general (even if we had our heads in the clouds) when we were their age. I understand that Sissy does not have insurance but isn't C covering the baby on his policy? Or does he not have insurance either? Nothing worse than fretting about your sick baby and not being able to get them some help. And I know some people who are greatly helped by Prozak, to me it's no different than if you take anti inflamatories to help with joint pain. If something is not working because something is off, then one should be able to get it fixed and get on with things. I am very much concerned about where we are going as a country for health care and our ability to maintain our health and welfare. I know some drug companies will help a person with medications if they meet certain criteria. Here's the link for Eli Lilly Lilly Cares It's worth checking out. I hope all goes well and that C catches some nice fish and you let him clean them so that everyone can have a nice dinner

Shad - where are yah lassie????

My yard is filled with boy turkeys all fanned out gazing desperately at the girls who don't look very interested at all. Looks more like Thanksgiving out there than Easter. This morning we saw one perched high in a pine tree from outside our upstairs window.

Not much else going on. I watched a few more episodes of Downton Abbey yesterday. Including William and Daisy's wedding I have one CD left - 2 more episodes. And I do need to get cracking on the coursework for my writing classes. We went to the laundromat yesterday - washed the big comforters, a couple of cotton weave blankets that get heavy when wet and make my washer off balance and also washed the bathroom rugs. Spring cleaning has begun! I'm thinking we'll go out for Easter dinner but I haven't decided yet. I should give it more thought as we will need to make reservations somewhere.

Guess I'll get a move on and post this which I started 4 hours ago.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #238  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm here Happy
Just a bit over the top at the moment. Today is the beginning of Easter and I am going to go out to Kakadu National Park for a couple of days. I was going to go home, but because the other half of the car argument has family around, I decided that he should go. My DS1 is in Adelaide and my DS2 is going to Gladstone, so once again we will be in different parts of the country.

I'm so far behind that I won't do personals right now other than to wish Michelle good luck on her interviews and Happy's DH well for his procedure.

I doubt that I will be around over much of the weekend, but I will try to be in touch. I should be back in Darwin Sunday evening my time. So will be back on air then, hopefully with some good photos

Last edited by Shad; 03-28-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #239  
Annie - Indiana

Mornin All...

Got DS and DD some St. John's Wort and mailed it off to DS and took it by DDs house...told them not to delay intake. Two tabs a day. DD got lil man into the doc, his double ear infection has worstened and new antibiotics have been started. Thank you for all your prayers...please keep them in them.

C came home a little dissappointed in his fishing trip. He nor his brother even got one bite. No fish. I told him the fish even know when it is too cold to participate. Duh.

Made chicken tacos for dinner last night and do say they were quite tasty. C ate 3 hard shell tacos and one tortilla soft taco (burrito actually). I brought the fixings minus the shells for a taco salad for lunch today.

My tummy is hurting and I am over this day already. Sassy was so snuggled in bed with me that I didn't want to get up. Was about 10 mins late to work as it is a Sissy doggie daycare day and I snuggled too long with Sass. She is such a lover and cuddler.

CHELLE...praying for great outcome on the interviews, I know you will do well.

SHADDIE... glad to see you came up for air was beginning to worry about you.

MELLIE...take all the time you need to get healthy, altho I do miss your posts.

HAPPY...me thinks the boy turkeys will take just so much then it will be a raping of the girl turks. RUN girls run!!

CEEG...enjoy your 5 day weekend. You certainly deserve it.

LAURA...doing anything special for Easter??

Gotta git....loves.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #240  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

MELLIE - It was great to hear from you. I hope the pain eases up soon. It should as I seem to have taken over your neck and shoulder pain so that you can have a break from it.

LAURA - I agree with Happy...you, Coal and BF should get away for a long weekend. Thanks for the review of "Jack...". I'm trying to figure out what to do tomorrow night as Santa is spending the night at the ex's due to a grooming appointment early Saturday morning. My ex is taking all the dogs to the groomers. Santa will come home all clean and smelling nice...and no doubt want to play in the backyard (which will be muddy with these warmer temps).

SHAD - Have a wonderful Easter weekend...and post photos, please.

ANNIE - I'm praying for your kids and Lil Man. I hope they all feel better soon. And I hope your tummy feels better soon. I really didn't want to get up today. I'm also praying that I do well on my technical interview today.

HAPPY - I would prefer the San Diego area. It's warmer with better beaches. I have more family in Southern CA, but more friends in Northern CA. So in that respect, it's a toss-up. It is actually a little cheaper to live in the San Diego area too. I'm even considering a job opportunity in the LA area that a recruiter contacted me about yesterday. But I want to make sure that there are some decent suburbs not too far away where I could live. We'll see. I'm just going with the flow, staying positive and optimistic, staying open to all opportunities, and trusting that everything will work out great and what is meant to be will definitely happen AND be wonderful!

CEEJAY - I hope you're enjoying your 5 day weekend!

Well, gotta git to it...Lots of programming/practicing/improving skills to do today...both for work and for interview prep. I would GREATLY appreciate any prayers, positive energy, good ju ju, good vibes : you can send my way today, especially from around 4:30-5:30 pm Central time. Thank you!!

Much love and many hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 03-28-2013 at 08:55 AM.