Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #166  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Had to get up early today, ugh. Still asleep so this post will be short.

Shad - I love lighting shows like that as long as you can watch them from a safe place. Nothing beats Mother Nature's shows. That must have been some walkabout as I don't think I've ever seen you describe something as hard. Holy cow lady - you were driving at almost 90mph. Are you sure this is Shad posting???? Wild woman

Mel - sorry to hear that you'll be away for a few. Appreciate the update so we don't worry (too much ) Rest up and feel better - you know the drill and what you have to do to get over it. Thinking about you

Michelle - hope you found time in your busy weekend to get that resume in order. Will be a relief when it's done.

Ceejay - boy those neighbors are something else. Did they really think they'd fool you with the lawn??? Come ON. I'm glad you said something to them. That's really something on the insurance. Dropping all coverage for spouses and families That's sure to create a stir. I'm convinced the wave of the future is to just let us all get sick and let nature do it's thing to thin out the population.

I'm dry as a bone here. My hands feel like sandpaper. I've been running the humidifier but slacking on the water and it shows. I'll be happier when I can open the windows and let some of the outside humidity in. It's 80 percent outside and about 25 percent indoors. Snap, crackle, pop!

Gotta try and wake myself up and get a move on. Coffee isn't making a dent, perhaps a shower will work. Will be back later to catch up on the rest of the personals. Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #167  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday!

Quick post for me. I updated my resume yesterday, and asked my roomie to look at it. She's a very good writer, and a top notch sales and marketing person. She has helped many people with their resumes. She said my resume was very good and only made a few minor suggestions. I'll make those updates tonight and then post it online.

Tonight, I'm being interviewed by the local paper for an article they are doing on the hypnotherapist who taught the Self-Confidence workshop series
I participated in last summer. It will be good to see the hypnotherapist again...she's a wonderful person.

=======================
MEL - I'm sorry you're having so much pain and having to stay away. Rest and take good care of yourself. We miss you when you're not around.

Shad - Sounds like a fabulous time at the National Park - beautiful scenery, great exercise, high speed driving and even little kangaroos! I wish I was there with you.

Happy - I had a hard time getting up early as well. My skin is super-dry as well. I don't have a humidifier, but I have been drinking lots of water.

Ceejay - Wow, that's rough that your insurance won't be covering spouses and families. I've noticed recently that companies not only jack up the rates for covering family members, they also charge an additional fee if your spouse can be covered through his/her work and chooses not to. For example, when I was married, since my husband had insurance through his work but we chose to cover him under insurance through my employer, my employer charged me an additional $100/month on top of the higher family premium.

Gotta sign off for now. I hope we all have a marvelous Monday!

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Reason insurance--It's not the ins not covering the families it's the city.

Michelle
That's awesome that you have such a talented room-mate to review your resume. Ah and taking Santa to a play date for the afternoon.

Mel
We understand. Continue healing.

Happy
I'm done with the neighbors. Going to become a recluse from them.

Shad
That lightning show sounded spectacular. And as far as driving fast, I love to do the speed limit, but down here it's only 75mph tops.
----
Woke up this morning to thunder and lightening. It had subsided some to where I could take a shower before work. It sure rained hard.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #169  

Morning all.

Mel – Sorry your shoulder is still giving you problems. Miss ya!! Rest up, get the inflammation down, and we’ll see you in a few days!

Happy – What an awful experience with the lab – it must always be a PITA getting blood taken when your veins don’t cooperate, but dealing with idiots like that one must make it torturous. I hope the next attempt goes better. The class you chose sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy it. Yeh, I don’t know how they get the flowers to bloom early for the f&g show. Sorry, I just realized my photo was quite fuzzy! What I thought was cool about that was that the planters are gutters. Compare that to the “wall” systems that were on display throughout the show - $1600 without the watering system, $2400 with it. But I grabbed a brochure anyway – it’s something that would be fun to try and replicate for a fraction of the cost. I’m sure the closer it gets, the more your sister will be fretting over retirement, but you’re right –you can’t always live in the future because you’ll miss the here and now. Sorry the pizza was disappointing. My cheeseless pizza was pretty good, for what it was – it was also sauceless to boot, so it was pretty much like flatbread with grilled veg. Quite a departure for me. I’d like to make another batch of pizza dough soon, but this time I’d divide the recipe into three or four crusts and make smaller, easier to handle pizzas. And bf and I could top them to suit our tastes. Good for your sis giving up the sugary sodas. The more I hear, the more awful things you learn about sugar. It’s so depressing…

Shad – I think Navy Pier still does the Tall Ships exhibit you saw. And it sounds like you might have also seen the Air and Water show?? I’m not even sure I’d venture to the Pier during the summer – it’s just so popular, the crowds are huge. Your flowers sound pretty, too bad the peaches weren’t winners. I bought some white nectarines the other day – we’ll see if they taste like anything. Just read somewhere that they’re one of the most treated fruits. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Gosh, hope you’ve got a bundle saved for May with all the tests and appointments you'll have. Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday!

Ceejay – Well, I’m glad you had nice weather Saturday and were outside enjoying it. I’ll just have to live vicariously through you because winter is taking its own sweet time making its departure this year. I’m thinking you should perhaps write a book about your neighbors – they sound like a bunch of characters! Sorry to hear about your insurance premiums going up, and that the plan won’t cover spouses/families anymore. What a crisis we’re in with this healthcare stuff!! You had rain this morning, we’re having a sleet-type of icy snow. Bah. But I guess all this moisture is good after that drought we had last year…

Michelle –Good for you getting your resume done. I’m sure it went more quickly because you’ve recently been in the job market. It’s going to be a major undertaking when I finally get around to doing mine! I might have to have your friend critique it, lol. So nice you’ll have a wellness coach getting you back into exercise. Wow, you’ll be on your way to CA in 10 weeks??!! If this weather ever gets nice around here, I’d love to try and get together again before you go! How fun to be interviewed for an article – make sure you post a link when it gets published.

Hi Annie!!
--
Let’s see…After my hair appointment Saturday I ran a couple errands and took doggy for a walk. Went to lunch, ran a few more errands with bf, including stopping at the recplex to buy my fitness class punchcard. Didn’t do much of anything after that. Bf installed our fancy new keyboard tray. It has a side tray that our wireless mouse promptly slid off of and went kaput. Time to buy a new one…

Sunday was pretty much the usual, tea, newspaper, with some laundry to boot. Oh - I also went to a Zumba class in the morning. I enjoyed it. My back wasn’t happy with a couple of the moves, but otherwise it was a good heart-pumping cardio workout. Later on was a dog walk, and I organized a couple more files. The stuff I’ve kept! It feels good to toss it in the shred bag or the recycling bin. I need to get online and see when the shredding events start and mark my calendar.

Food wasn’t the best this weekend, and I’ll be lucky to maintain what I’ve lost. I really need to step up the meal planning. At least I got some dog walks and an exercise class in.

Everyone have a good Monday/Tuesday!! TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Tuesday Morning...yesterday was very busy and didn't get in here to post...yikes!!

Positive thought: In less than a month I will be marrying the love of my life...Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 2:30 pm at the courthouse...change of plans. My DS was upset that he would not be able to attend the ceremony if we got married in Destin...so we are getting married here in Indy at the courthouse. Sam will stand up for me and DS will for Curtis. The we leave for Destin that following Saturday. So the honeymoon will be in Destin. Sheesh the things we do for family (the kiddos).

HAPPY...yikes on the blood draw. I have good veins so I do not have that problem however one time the nurse did stick the IV straight through the vein. When they have to prod, poke and dig that is when you get the nastiest bruise ever. Proud of you for taking some classes, I just have no desire to do that. Never much liked school in the first place.

CEEG...this entire insurance thing is a fiasco. I am sorry to say it cause I work for an insurance company and I don't understand half of it. Hope they don't rob you blind on the insurance.

CHELLE...hope the resume brings you lots of prospects. Hang in there something wonderful is coming your way in more than one way in your life.

MELLIE...sending feel better hugs sister!

SHADDIE...Have you heard the song Highway to H*ll? I sing that sometimes on the way to work...sounds like I need to roll it over to you.

HAPPY...how did WI go? Monday WIs are the worst. You would think it would keep you motivated over the weekend, but it never did me. lol

Not much else going on here....SOS DD.

Have a great Tuesday/Wednesday!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #171  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

The interview for the newspaper went really well last night. It was mostly an interview of the hypnotherapist, but I might be quoted a couple times. I gave a glowing, heartfelt testimonial. The workshop I did with her truly helped me. After the interview, the hypnotherapist did a brief hypnosis for me about self-confidence and following my dreams in this next chapter of my life. It was wonderful! After that, I went to pick up Santa from my ex's house. I sent you all a PM about that.

I woke up very stiff and sore today. My back, hamstrings and calves are still bothering me. My plan is to go to the gym after work to do a light workout on the recumbent stepper and some stretching.

===============
Annie - I'm so very excited for you and C!! So nice that you've changed your wedding plans so that DS and DD can stand up for you!

Happy - Bummer that the blood draw was so painful. My veins aren't great either. And I occasionally wind up with a very painful bruise. It really sucks. You've really inspired me to look into classes after I move to CA.

Mel - I hope your neck, shoulders and arms are feeling better.

Laura - I might not be leaving for CA in exactly 10 weeks. That's the goal. I found a couple really good jobs in San Diego that I'm very qualified for and going to apply for this week, and who knows I might even get hired and have to start before the end of May. I would DEFINITELY love to get together one of these weekends. We just have to coordinate it around your and Annie's busy schedule! How did the weigh in go?

Well, gotta run...folks are arriving at work, so I have to look busy.

Much love and many hugs to all,
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #172  

Morning
The insurance meeting went as expected. It is hurting the person's with families more than it did me. We still have a three thousand dollar deductible so I'm still going to look around. For me the premiums went down. Next year things may get worse than now.

Been down in the dumps again, don't really know why.

More later
Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #173  

Morning all. Spring's officially two days away, yet I should have worn my long undies this morning....brrrr.

Ceejay - Bet you didn't expect to have lower premiums, but that's a pretty steep deductible. I feel bad for the employees with families. Be sure to plan something fun for yourself this weekend to get rid of those blues.

Michelle - Nice you had the opportunity to give the hypnotherapist some public praise for how she's helped you. Sorry you're sore - does the Y have a jacuzzui you can use after exercise? Ah, San Diego, sounds so nice right about now! I had to check the weather there - gonna be 63 today. And it's a lovely place too. Re getting together - the three of us need to compare calendars and get something set up. My weigh-in is today at 12:30.

Annie - Awww, it's so sweet that ds wants to be a part of your special day!!! I think it'll be nice that your kids will be sharing it with you. Okay, so we know you're not available to get together w/ Chelle and I the weekend of 4/20, lol, and probably 4/27. I'm also not available the weekend of 4/20, and not 5/4 either... My ww weigh-in is today, not Monday. Either way, it didn't motivate me this past weekend...

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!
==
Nothing to report from here. This weather is getting me down. I need to take my own advice and plan something fun for myself this weekend.

The movie selected for tonight is Oz. Gonna pass and probably just huddle under my snuggie. Or better yet, watch the new bedroom tv in bed with the heated mattress pad set to "HI".

Off to starve until 12:30.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-19-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #174  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA/CHELLE....it will probably have to be mid-May or mid-June for open dates. We are looking to move dad in after we get back from Destin. Hoping to wrap up Cs house in the next week or two. End of May is usually busy with company and the Indy 500 stuff. Maybe not.

CEEG...my deductible for C and I is 4800 a year. Our year goes from July to July. I have 1500 left to reach before things are paid for and that is only 90% paid for, keep in mind I work for an insurance company, no breaks here. Supposed to get worse too.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #175  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie/Laura - Hopefully we can work something out for mid-May. Because I'm hoping to be in CA by mid-June. Heck, if I get the perfect job offer and they need me to start by May 1, I will jump at the opportunity. I do very much want to get together with both of you again before I go. Seriously, Annie, can't you postpone your wedding by a month or two! You know I'm just kidding, girlfriend!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #176  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I thought we dodged a bullet yesterday - they had predicted snow and we had an almost 2 hour ride to Duluth for DH to have one of his pre-procedure tests. Woke up and it wasn't snowing. But within 30 minutes of when we had to leave - guess what started and snowed and snowed. It was a tough ride up and back. We got home and started to shovel but it kept snowing (lightly but still accumulating) and the wind kicked up blowing and covering what we just cleaned. We plowed down the driveway to get the trash bins to the street but left the rest. Glad we did because we got quite a bit more overnight. Now the sun is shining brightly and DH is out with the snowblower - the sun will melt and dry the pavement quickly. DH also "cut" a path in the side mounds along the driveway for the animals - particularly the poor turkeys. The sides when her plowed are at least 3 feet high and you can see how they struggle to climb in the deep snow. Not sure why they just don't fly over the big mounds but no one said they were smart

All looks well so far for DH's procedure. We got some pre-op information. Made hotel reservations too. It's a big complex and you can walk between buildings and sky ways to get from the hotel to the hospital without going outside. That's nice because I won't have to worry about walking at night outside. But bad because I will have to take elevators in each of the buildings (4) and my anxiety and claustrophobia about being in elevators by myself is building already. I'll really only have to do it alone the evening of DH's procedure and the next morning but still it's enough to give me the heebie jeebies. Now we are fighting with the insurance company. The doctor wants him on Prilosec (acid reducer) prior to surgery - says it makes the procedure easier and reduces risk (of all things) of the potential to inhale stomach contents into the lungs But the insurance does not want to pay for the total number of days of his prescription. I really don't understand how they can counter a doctors orders. I am also fighting with them because I REFUSE to take the generic version of my thyroid medication. Had problems with it before, now I'll get reemed for insisting on the name brand that actually does it's job as it should. And that's the only medicine I take so shut up already - not like I'm breaking the bank here.

Michelle - your PM was encouraging. Don't think about your past life any more - look ahead to a new life which can be even more exciting because you don't have that life dragging you down. And sometimes you can't possibly move ahead without changes occuring. As in goodbye to midwest winters, hello California breezes Sounds like you have a good support system in place, that's really important. Good luck with the job hunt. I'm really looking forward to these writing classes - so nice to be able to take something that's of interest to me instead of stuff I HAVE to take for work I think you'd like the subject matter of these classes too. One of the positives of a new life

Annie - that is sooooo great that you are changing your wedding plans so that your family can share the day with you both. I'm sure it will be wonderful. And a real honeymoon in Destin so you can relax and have a good time with your hubster. So you're an AC/DC headbanger sounds like you like a good mix of music - Christian to hard rock - hey I like anything with a good beat. Each year when I get ready to be ravaged with insurance company premiums it seems like there's a middle ground where it makes no difference which plan I pick. I don't really save that much with the super high end deductible because the savings on the premium gets eating up in the out of pocket payments. What a racket. I just thank God each night that we are relatively healthy. I had to think about your SOS DD comment - what are you saying about Sissy? Then I got it - bawhahahahahahahahaha

Ceejay - sorry you have the blues. Maybe you're stuck in a rut waiting for spring and you just need something to look forward to. How about a girl's outing with the BFF? Don't blame you at all for isolating yourself from the neighbors. Sadly neighbors aren't what they used to be when we were growing up...

Laura - I have to say that watching TV with the new heated mattress pad sounds mighty fine! Better than going out in the cold to a mediocre movie. You made a good decision. Oh ... I get the picture now with the gutter system and the plants. They come up with such great ideas for planters and wall plantings. I found some good ideas on Pinterest too. Just need to actually make plans and do something. Back in TN DH put some shelves on our wood fencing only to have the darn squirrels use them as "stairs" and they would consistently knock off the small planter pots and break them. They sure don't mention that hazard in the colorful photos Hope you have a good weigh in today.

Mel - sending you some good vibes :vibes: and hoping you are resting and feeling better each day. Sending you a bit of our sunshine too so you can sit by a window and feel the warm sun on your face.

Shad - that Boris bloke sure sends you some interesting stuff on FB. A pleasant surprise from the usual drivel one finds there.

That's it for me. Have a good day all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #177  

Happy
I fully understand about not wanting to take the generic for your thyroid med. My doctor wrote the brand name with only on the script and they had to fill it that way. I don't think it cost me any more.

Michelle
Can't blame you for wanting to get to CA especially if there is a couple of good openings in the area. Good luck.

Annie
Wow, I thought that my deductible was high. Yes, I'm aware of the changes in the insurance. I'm not liking it though. How nice that your children wanted to be there for both of you at the wedding! Was that a picture of the lil man on FB?

This has been a good work week, but wishing this was Wednesday. If my bff is feeling better I will be going over there this week end, plus it's my week end to go to my uncles. Also nee to get the oil changed in the RAV4.
I was waiting for the main. light to come on. It has.
Would you believe we may get snow on Thursday and Friday, at least snow flurries.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #178  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Nearly the end of my day and so far I have achieved - not much. I'm just waiting for my co-rider to finish so we can go home and I can have a glass of something cold. Might have to stop off at the bottle shop and get some thing cold.

Michelle - good luck with the job search in San Diego. Hope you can get your cv into there and get some good feedback

Annie - think it is a great idea if you get married with the children there to bless the marriage. Lucky your lot are happy with your choice.

Laura - hope it warms up somewhat before you have to dig out the long johns

Mel - get better quick. We need to have a conversation this weekend.

Ceejay - Snow???? Yuk. You asked about insurance paying for my may medical month. Well some will be paid by the national health scheme - such as the eye test (but not the contact lenses), the skin scan, the pap smear, but the rest I will have to foot myself. There is also a free bowel cancer test you can do as well. I don't know that I will have that done yet.

Happy - glad you got home safe and sound from your adventure to Duluth. Must check that out on the map and see the distances.

Not much else going on in my day. So I will say goodnight. Have a good one.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #179  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I've got to make this quick as folks will be filing into work soon. Had a good day yesterday. Work was good, got to the gym for 1/2 hour on the recumbent stepper, created an email campaign for a website client (hopefully she will approve without changes), and was able to relax and watch The Biggest Loser finale that I had DVRed. I wanted either Danni or Jackson to win, because I found them both to be very inspirational. I did notice, however, that they both seem to have changed in personalities...like they believe their celebrity status, which was a little disappointing.

Today, I have the doc appt to find out the result of my A1C blood test. I haven't been very good about testing my blood sugar even once a day...but today, the morning fasting number was really good...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results today.

Saturday, I'm going to a "Welcome Springtime" festival with a friend of mine, which should be a lot of fun. There will be interesting informative sessions about gardening, planting, composting, etc., though I won't be planting much this spring...not in Wisconsin soil anyway.

I want to thank you all for your wonderful and supportive replies to the PM I sent. I am so blessed to have you lot as friends! BTW, my resume did get me some responses. Even though I specifically stated I was looking for employment in CA, specifically San Diego, I got 9 calls yesterday...3 for jobs in North Carolina, 2 for jobs in Georgia and the rest for Milwaukee. Do these recruiters not know where San Diego, CA is? Nonetheless, it was flattering to have such an overwhelming and enthusiastic response to my resume.

========================
Happy - Bummer that you had to take a long drive to Duluth on such a snowy day! So sweet of your DH to clear a path for the critters and turkeys. Good for you for getting everything set and making hotel reservations. Are you anxious about being alone in elevators or alone with strangers? I hope the insurance company comes around regarding the Prilosec. As for the writing classes...what's the subject matter? I've been doing some journaling, though I want to make time to do more. And I've been doing lots of reading/listening to books/audiobooks, which have helped me a bit with self-esteem and mustering the courage to follow my dreams and start my life over.

Ceejay - Very ironic that the beginning of spring is bringing cold/snow here and even snow to your area. I hope you get to spend time with your BFF this weekend. Maybe doing something enjoyable and fun will help you kick the blues to the curb.

Shad - A cold adult beverage sounds quite nice after a long day at work. :toast: I'm allergic to wine/champagne, but I do enjoy a good beer once in awhile.

Well, gotta run...folks are arriving...and I've got to get on with work.

Much love to all,
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #180  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening...Tis the day of trash and of hump..yep it is WEDNESDAY almost the weekend.

I am working a half day today, C and I are going to the courthouse to get our marriage license and most likely have lunch. I am just looking forward to getting out of this place for a half day.

CHELLE...that is impressive on the response to your resume. Most people don't even know what states surround their own state, much less where San Diego, CA might be. lol. I always start watching Biggest Loser then forget about it after the 1st couple of episodes. Dang

SHADDIE....Would that be a nice cold glass of adult beverage you are referring to? Surely it is...lol

CEEG...glad you are having a good work week, that should help with the blues of late.

HAPPY...glad you had safe travels in all that muck. On the elevator thing...take the stairs...that is even scarier tho when alone. I think the hospital has security that you can call for an escort, at least the hospitals here do. You might look into that.

Not much else going on....gotta get my work done in 4 hours instead of 8 since I am leaving at noon.

Have a wicked Wednesday all!! Wicked in a good way!