Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #211  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Sunday/Monday....posting from winterwonderland....we are expected up to 10 inches with blowing and drifting...winds 30 miles ph. Yeah! Gotta love this Indiana weather. Boo Butler lost last night in the NCAA tourney...now IU is the only team left and hope to win it all....Go Indiana University....

SHADDIE...OMG, that grandbabe is absolutely adorable. Certainly takes after her grandmomma. Great catch for lil man....lol. He has like 3 other GFs. Too funny. So sorry about Chris...I am certain God is opening other doors for even a more perfect job for Chris. hugs.

CEEG....glad you had a good time with the Uncs, however I am with you on sleeping in my own bed/lazyboy/couch...lol

HAPPY...you poor child...try some perxocide in the ears to dry it out then cotton balls. My kids used to get swimmers ear and that is what the pediatrician prescribed for their ears. The dinner sounds delish...love salmon and veggies...great choice. Glad you are enjoying Dowton Abbey...me TOOOO!

Hello to all the worldlies....have a great Sunday/Monday!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #212  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Morning Chicks.
Still not 100% but getting close.
This has been a real battle.
Hope to be back by the end of the week
I have not been on the PC. Don't want any temptations.
So I haven't read any posts.
God....I had a birthday and then promptly fell apart
Hope all is well with you & to see you soon.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Yikes up to 10 inches of snow. Hope the predictions are wrong.

Mel
Good to hear from you. You know what is best. But we do miss you.

Happy
Hope you ear feels better. If the symptoms continues see a doctor.
----
Thunder barely woke me this morning around six but turned over and went back to sleep. Got up at ten. My friends and relatives don't seem to realize that my body is taking a toll in all this driving. Think I'm cancelling my trip to Missouri next week-end for a later date.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #214  

Morning all.

Annie - I sure hope you don't get all that snow. We're forecast to get some too, but not that much. Hope the early Easter dinner is tasty and enjoyable. I love your wedding dress - great color.

Happy - Sorry your ears are giving you problems. Maybe taking a zyrtec or an antihistamine will help reduce the fluid? That's what was suggested to me when my usual allergy med needs supplementation to do the job.

Ceejay - Good for you on the exercise! I think I need to do some routines with more stretching in them - my back is still not 100%.

Mel - Glad you're getting better. Definitely take your time during recovery - you don't want any setbacks!!

Shad - Love the baby pics! She's a real cutie.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies.
==
Nothing much to report. Friday night bf and I went grocery shopping - two stores. Finally had dinner around 9-ish. Used up some meatballs from the freezer that bf's mum had given us. Very offputting to see the inside still red-looking after baking for 40 min. Even though we both agreed they were probably cooked thoroughly and that the red was some sort of spice, we split them in half and baked them some more. They were alright, definitely not something we'd buy ourselves. Glad we got them out of the freezer though.

Yesterday morning I went to a circuit class, and it was fine. The lower part of my calves are sore - not from the circuit class, but from Friday. Right before lunch on Friday, I went to use the restroom and to refill my water bottle at the fountain and I also decided to get some exercise and walk up 5 flights of stairs in the fire stairwell. So I did. I was sucking wind by the 5th floor, but I did it and then headed back down to my floor. Woke up Sat. morning with this soreness, and again this morning. Just have to keep moving and stretching I guess.

Watched 4 episodes of Season 2 Monarch of the Glen, ate lunch, did a dog walk, and went to return the gift items at Pottery Barn. They wouldn't take them back, and I don't blame them - the gift receipt, which I hadn't looked at since well before we cleaned out the office, was dated 2008!!! They're return policy is 90 days, lol, so so much for that. But it wasn't a totally wasted drive. On the way to PB, I stopped at JoAnn fabrics and bought some DARK brown fabric dye for my currently ick brown boiled wool blazer. Also bought some removable sticky stuff used to keep picture frames from shifting on the wall, and some bobbins for my sewing machine. I think the bobbins might be the wrong ones, so I'll probably end up going to Sears to get the right ones - it's a Kenmore brand machine, so Sears BETTER have the right ones!!

In the PM, we finally watched the movie "Argo". Very interesting and suspenseful.

Nothing planned for today but will probably do some laundry and dusting. And a dog walk, of course. We're also going to make some Thai style chicken with basil for dinner. New recipe, but I hope it's not the adventure that the tuna steaks and the meatballs were this past week...

That's about it for me, Off to...finish off my pot of tea. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-24-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #215  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Ceejay - perhaps you just need to speak up to friends and family and set a limit to your trips. It does get tiring always driving here and there plus when do you have time to get some of your own things done if you are always travelling? I sure would love to hear a good thunderstorm right now!

Annie - I did see that they are talking about another storm and you're in direct line of it. Since they got the "brilliant" ( ) idea to name every winter weather pattern that flows across the country, they make every storm sound like Katrina is about to hit. Hey, it's winter ... it snows. I do hope you don't get the mess they are warning about. Thanks for the tip on the peroxide. I think this is more sinus related, hopefully it won't last long. I am hesitant to dry anything else up as it is already bone dry with about 20 percent humidity here.

Shad - baby is a cutie. Looks like she does not suffer from a lack of playthings

Good to hear from you Mel. You know what you have to do in order to feel better so even though we miss you dearly, keep away from temptations. Not worth an extra week of still and quiet.

I finished Downton Abbey season 1. Would love to knock heads of Thomas and O'Brien together. I ordered season 2 from the library. If I read the listing correct a copy is due back midweek at my local library with no other holds on it and since I requested it, whomever had it now can't renew it so I hope to get it and be able to view it before we have to leave. I guess I will spend today working on homework for my classes. Talked to Mom yesterday - she went to the cardiologist on Friday - got a very good report which pleased everyone. Now we just have to get DH past his bump.

Nothing else going on, think I'll go find some lunch and plan out supper for the evening. Enjoy the back half of your day.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #216  
Choose your hard

I see once I posted that Laura was typing over my head again About the meatballs - I found that if they are particularly dense and you cook them from a frozen state, they take longer to cook than you might think. We had some that I used to microwave for a bit before I popped them in the sauce to finish off, otherwise we got the raw interior that is so off putting. 5 flights of stairs (with landings I assume) up and down is quite a workout! You'll definitely need some stretching but keep it up - that's great! on the Pottery Barn return - oops Hopefully you can find a good way to be rid of it.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #217  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I had a wonderful day at the spring festival yesterday with my friend! We met up with another friend of mine there. Lots of talk about planning for springtime. Such fun! And then today, when I woke up it was snowing! I so long to feel the warm sand of CA beaches underneath my feet very soon. I hope the phone interview(s) this week go well!

Today, I went to the laundromat and to the gym while the clothes were drying. Then I started feeling a little woozy. I have to figure out how to work out without having a blood sugar crash...I guess I'd best call my doc in the morning. I came home, ate lunch, and took a nap. I'm still a little lightheaded, but not as bad as before.

I got a great laugh out of Shad's comment that I'm coming back to life with a vengeance! Too funny! I'm just so ready for my next chapter. Or maybe I should call it Act 2 to use a theater analogy. The curtain has closed on Act 1, and now I feel like I'm in the intermission...doing all the costume and scene changes backstage, getting ready for the curtain to rise on Act 2.

I'm going to sign off for now as I have to do some computer training and apply for a few more San Diego jobs.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #218  

I've been playing with google earth. This thing is amazing. Took me right to the front of my sister house in MO. And saw bil standing on the front porch. This had to be in the summer cause she said it was snowing there this afternoon but he may have been checking on the snow. I did tell her that I think my long driving trips are over. I might look into a bus route but don't want to go that way. Springfield does have an airport but getting from one major hub to another will involve driving. Maybe this summer when the weather is warmer and more predictable. And my bones will not be hurting as much.

Laura
Good for you in taking the stairs. But I for one know how they can leave you winded and we only have 2 flights of stairs.

Happy
Good news concerning your mom. My uncle had a pacemaker put in a couple of week ago and he's doing better.

-----
Yesterday when I went to J.C. Penny's my uncle wanted us to stop where my other uncle found an over the counter hearing aid. He was really bragging on it. My uncle could hear so much better when he put this on. My aunt and I were laughing, but hey it's working.
I'm doing laundry and trying to decide what to take to work with me tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #219  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Wowser....if this is spring, I will take summer any day. We got 7" of snow and it is still snowing. Took me an hour to get to work, a normal 20-25 minute drive. Left early as not to be too late. So at 7:50 am, 45 minutes after my usual arrival time, I got a text from corporate that said Indiana office was on a two hour delay...well what good does that do me? I sent an email to my boss saying how ridiculous that text was, since it was sent so late. Blah...maybe I will take my two hour delay this afternoon..haha

CHELLE....Act 2, scene 1...action! lol. Sounds like you had a great weekend, good for you sister.

SHADDIE...hope your weekend at home was enjoyable and relaxing. That babe is a sure keeper!

CEEG...why do you always have to be the one to go visit, can't they come your direction once in the while? Just a thought.

LAURA...sounds as tho your weekend was as busy as usual. The meatballs sound yucky. I had chicken come to me at a restaurant the was pinkish in the middle, I sent it back. It grossed me out. I will have to watch the Monarch of the Glen, is it as good as Downton Abbey. We are just about done with season 2 of DA.

HAPPY....don't you just love Downton Abbey? I can hardly wait to watch the next episode, however C is into it also, so I have to wait and watch with him. Otherwise I would probably be done with Season 2.

Hiya MELLIE....feel better sister...

Not much else going on here. Snow, snow and more snow. BLAH....shouldn't be around too long as it is supposed to be 50s by the Friday. YEAH!!

Later chicklets!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #220  

Morning all.

Annie - What a lot of snow! Sorry you had to drive in all that, and it would have been nice to get the text earlier. Much earlier for an early bird like you. Yeh, the meatballs were funky. They were definitely cooked through by the time we finished cooking them, but the spice gave them that funky color... I like Monarch of the Glen about as much as I like DA. It's got a beautiful setting; it's set in present times (well, 10 years ago - it aired 2000-2005, 7 series/seasons), and it's much more lighthearted, a bit goofy really. I like the men wearing kilts - one of the characters almost always wears them, the others occasionally. You need to see if your library has it so you can check it out and see if it's to your liking.

Ceejay - I've never used Google Earth - is it free online, or is it a software you purchase? I've used Google Maps, and it has Streetview, which is as if you're right on the street in front of a given address. Sorry you're not up for any long driving trips, but I do understand. Trying to save money is one thing, but those long drives are difficult and time-consuming - even if you're sharing the driving duties. My friend asked me to go to Nashville with her, but they're driving down, so I declined.

Michelle - I'm glad you enjoyed the spring festival with your friends. Good luck on your phone interviews this week!! I hope the doc can help you with the blood sugar crashes - be careful!

Happy - The meatballs were completely thawed by the time we cooked them, so it wasn't that they were uncooked - it was just the color of the meat with that spice in it - totally freaked us out, LOL. Re Downton - yes, Thomas and O'Brien are good villains - every soap opera needs one or two! Great news re your mom's cardiologist report. Sorry your one class is so large. I've never taken an online class so I didn't know online discussion was part of it (makes sense though), but having so many students will not make participation easy.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!
++++

The rest of my Sunday was: Lunch w/ bf, then to the eletronics store for a new mouse, then to Sears for the proper bobbins for my sewing machine (the employee went online and it showed the same ones I already have. huh.) After that it was time for a dog walk, and I had to bundle up because it was chilly and gusty as heck outside.

I watched another MOTG episode and then made dinner. I made a Thai style chicken with basil (America's Test Kitchen recipe) and it turned out fantastic - bf and I both loved it. That'll be a keeper for sure.

Well, the scale wasn't kind to me this morning, so now I'm sort of thinking that having to go to jury duty might be a good thing if it means I skip this week's ww weigh-in, lol. But I won't know until I phone in later today if that's happening.

Okay, going to post this and get busy.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #221  

Laura
Ugh on the jury duty. Hope they cancel. Google Earth was a free download. It's fun to play with.

Annie
My thoughts and yours were the same, why can't they come to visit with me sometime. I've been in a weird kind of mood lately. But I've decided that I'm taking care of me.

Michelle
Sounds like you had fun this week end. And you sound more at peace. I'm happy for you.

-------
Nothing new since last night. I did find some Mobic and took that for the aching bones and went to bed. Had a good nights rest and am back to work. It's cold. I'll be glad when Mother Nature say's it's Spring.
My co-worker called. I didn't tell her that I was not going to Springfield but I am going out of town. And maybe this way I will not be photographed.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #222  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Trying to change my schedule around so that I am prepped for DH's "adventure". Both of us will be glad when it's over. Just hoping everything goes well He says he thinks it won't help, I said don't be thinking that way because even after the procedure you can still have a racing heart and palpitations (until the scar tissue forms enough to block the signal which can sometimes take a few months). I said if you are thinking it won't help and you still feel twinges afterwards you will get yourself all up in a tizzy that it truly didn't help and neither of us need you in a tizzy

Well I just checked the library and someone must have returned their copy of season 2 of Downton Abbey early. It's there and ready for pick up. I will have to wait on season 3, will order that when we get back, don't want it to come in when I can't pick it up or watch it.

One other show I got hooked on from the very first episode is Once Upon A Time on the ABC network Sunday nights. They have really good writers and I am amazed that they can keep a good story line running with twists and turns in the plot. One of those where you get to the end of the "chapter" and then something happens and it sucks you back in waiting on the next episode. You can watch this season (Season 2) for free on abc.com - the network's website. But I think alot will be lost if you didn't see season 1.

Laura - if you've never been to Nashville, do try and see it once. It's a beautiful area - sure there is the cheezy Grand Ole Opry which is actually a nice resort complex but beyond that, it's more than just 10's of thousands of wannabe country singers hoping for their big break. If we had opted to stay in Tennessee, we would have headed over to the Nashville area to settle down for good. Oh, I understand with the meatballs, I hate when they put ingredients into something that gives it an unnatural color or taste. Very offputting. Sorry the scale was not kind this morning. Did you use a package mix for the Thai chicken preparation? I only say that because I have learned the hard way to NEVER eat Chinese food the day before a weigh in. So you decided that you will find a way to get to the inner city for jury duty? Good luck with that. Really, I feel sorry for you. Take a quick judo class before you go since you can't walk into the courtroom armed

Annie - 7 inches of snow. Yowzers. These spring storms can be pretty nasty. Only good thing is that hopefully it will melt quickly. Sounds like someone is not on the ball about notifying people about office delays. Bet Sassy Girl wasn't too happy this morning either.

Ceejay - I have not tried Google Earth (much) but DH uses it alot. He said it's pretty impressive too. I guess they use satellite photos. We are all being watched An over the counter hearing aid? Really? I've seen alot of things on the "As Seen On TV" shelf at the store but that's a new one. Hey, they have "cheaters" eyeglasses for close up reading, why not cheaters hearing aids. Hope it works for the uncle.

Good analogy Michelle, gotta keep looking on the bright side of things. Oh my, now I have that silly song stuck in my head. I would love a nice walk on the sandy beach right now. I do absolutely love the sound of the surf. Will live vicariously through you...

Hello Shad and Mel.

Looked out the window yesterday and saw 4 bald eagles flying high in mating circles in the air. I went outside to get a closer look with the binocs but they saw me and flew higher into the air. They were so high at times they got hidden by the haze of the clouds. Our trees are filled with the goldfinches who have returned. They are changing their winter coats from a dullish green back to the brilliant yellow. These guys are hogs - they park themselves at the feeder and don't leave until they have their fill. Meanwhile, the chickadees (my favorite) politely wait until they leave. Sometimes a bird will fly at the feeder to try and get the others to leave but the finches don't startle easily. When you got outside the air is filled with all sorts of bird cheeping noises so spring is making it's way north.

I have alot of schoolwork to get through - I have decided that I am doing this for myself. There are really too many students in one of the classes to realistically keep up with posts on the discussion board so I will comment on a few and time my posts so that maybe someone will comment back, if not, I'm ok with that too. One of the classes they advocate alot of wordsy, prosey writing and I have to admit I'm not a fan of that. Be descriptive, make your point but use real words and don't use 20 when 10 will do which actually makes me a hypocrite now that I think about it because my posts are often overly long.

Anyway, on with the day. Have a good one peeps.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #223  

Happy
I had often wondered why you didn't pursue a writing career. And it's never to late. And thanks for mentioning the chickadee's. I couldn't remember the two birds that would always come to the bird feeder at my sis and bil's. They also have finch and chickadee's. Both are beautiful birds.

_____

My back and knee's are much better today but I don't think I'll try the trip to Missouri until a later date. It's a five hour trip in the car for me and I need to draft some one into going with me. No not my neighbor.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #224  

Ceejay - I'll have to download Google Earth - sounds like fun. I'm glad the soreness has eased up!

Happy - I hope your dh has a change in attitude re his procedure - doubt and negativity can't be good for the recovery process. So by "trying to change your schedule around" do you mean changing your night owl ways? When you mention "Once Upon a Time" all I think of is "Grimm", lol. Saw a bit of one episode - that was enough. On to D. Abbey, season 2! Enjoy! I'd definitely like to visit Nashville, just not up for a long car trip right now. I was excited about the mini spa getaway, but now one of my friends can't make it...Have to try to find someone to fill in.

No, the Thai basil chicken wasn't from a mix, but it did have some fish sauce and oyster sauce in it, and I believe both of those have quite of sodium in them, now that I think of it. Better start guzzling the water!

I hear birds chirping now. Don't get to see eagle around here...but I saw a rabbit in the backyard the other day, LOL.

Yes, we will all be living vicariously through Michelle once she's settled in sunny CA.

Michelle:
The rest of us:
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #225  

:brrr: It's bone chilling cold this morning.

Laura
Think you'll have some fun with Google Earth. You can take a virtual drive to almost any where. Some of the pictures may be old. The one I took of the water plant was old. Cause my old Rav4 was out front. But you never know what you will come upon. May take a trip down the Mighty Mississippi river via GE this week end.

-------
We are having impromptu insurance day. I'm cancelling some of the minor stuff, riders etc. from a different insurance company. Guess I need to find out about our regular health insurance to see if I need to fill out any new papers.