Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #31  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Listen, Miss FiddleDE DEE, if you're posting as the same time as me, why the heck aren't you on IM? Then I can pick a fight with you easier.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:35 PM   #32  

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now tell me if I'm wrong if I don't go to my mother-in-laws birthday dinner with my hubby because I'm very very very (did I say very) upset with him because he decided to neglect our family for a night of drinking with his buddies....(he didn't even call or come home)...
Old 04-25-2003, 04:39 PM   #33  

by the way, a little background info:

married, 4 kids 3 b/1 g (w/ringlets), 2 jobs, p/t student

busy, busy, busy
Old 04-25-2003, 06:12 PM   #34  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i am flattered that you are asking our advice---no one likes us here at fattyhens------i say tell your dh that he can bring you home a doggie bag and then he can sleep in the doghouse,and if you like,TELL HIS MOTHER ON HIM!!!!----now i have to go drinking margueritas and i may or may not come home!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:13 PM   #35  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

by the way,cows!!!THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR MORAL SUPPORT REGARDING DD----I MUST SHOW HER YOUR ADVICE--AHAHAHAHAHAH----NOT!!!!-----WHERE IS THE ROCK CONCERT KIWONKERS????
Old 04-25-2003, 06:25 PM   #36  
The magic shrinking cow

I'm having margaritas tomorrow night!

I'm clinging to 179 with everything I have, but with as much as I've eaten since last thursday, I deserve to gain about 20 pounds. After I post this, I will drag my lazy cow arse onto the treadmill and do sprints.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:12 PM   #37  

Quote:
I deserve to gain about 20 pounds.
No, no, no, Cherry, you of all people do not deserve to gain 20 pounds. In fact as wonderful as we all are we deserve to all be physical perfection, but I don't think deserving has anything to do with it.

We had a beautiful sunny day going here, but it's friday at 4:00 and now that my weekend has started, the sky has clouded up and the drizzle has started again. I guess the only thing to be done about it is to join Bagzie in a couple margies. Our best hangin' out friends are gone this weekend, so I guess I may just have to drink alone.

You know, I don't have a durn thing to say, but I have 20 minutes to kill before I go home. I guess I could vacuum the office, but Idonwanna. Have a lovely weekend, cowsies and post!!!! I love to check in on monday and read lots of posts. Tell me I need a life.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:57 PM   #38  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Kristie Ann, you should move in with the mil. That was she can watch the kids while you study. The dh is undependable.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:33 AM   #39  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

My email program did a weird bad thing. It took a message with an attachment I had not opened and tried to send it back to the sender five times with the message "was not opened". It was addressed to the sender and was from "on behalf of Peaches." I caught it because I was working on an email that I couldn't save because "another user had edited the file." These things are evil.

Speaking of evil, I have taken the high road in regards to hyenah, Herbie and another person. I am praying that their lives be blessed and that my feelings toward them soften. This feels much better and is the best thing for me. I know Wabby will approve.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:22 PM   #40  
Member w/ messiest house

Good grief, that is evil! Almost sounds like a virus. But, you know it might have been that the email was originally sent with a request for a return receipt (it notifies the sender when the email is opened). I never thought of that before -- that would enable spammers to know if you opened their mail and verify that it was a real email address. Yikes!

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
Listen, Miss FiddleDE DEE, if you're posting as the same time as me, why the heck aren't you on IM? Then I can pick a fight with you easier.
Cuz I'm a-skeered!

This is my new favorite color.

We had such a good time last night -- totally unexpectedly! When we got to this seminar/dinner, we couldn't sit with the friend we usually go out with on Fri. night; we didn't even get a chance to talk to her, just wave across the room. We found seats next to some other people we knew, right behind a couple DH has known since childhood, so dinner was fairly amicable. Food was a little weird. I didn't dare eat the stuffed haddock because it was probably seafood stuffing and I would have puffed up like a buddha, so my choice was some rolled meat concoction. It was pretty tasty. I dubbed it Mystery Meat Rollups. Sounds like something off the school lunch menu, eh?

Anyway, we listened to the spiel, which was actually pretty interesting, they answered a lot of questions and it was all quite relevant and not a big sales pitch after all. Had to do with what everybody will need to do with their 401K accounts.

Then afterwards we decided to get a drink in the lounge, which was pretty empty. DH had already peppered one of the presenters with questions and she was promising him things right and left. Gold account? Sure thing! Discounted fees? No problem! It was pretty funny. A while later all the presenters came into the lounge too and we got into a discussion about different financial companies and it went on about this and that for about an hour or two. Actually very much fun and well worth the inevitable Sam Adams headache today.

Gee, Kristine, I think you did exactly the right thing -- I hope your DH had to explain himself at his parents'!
And Hi!

Ta
Kiwi
Old 04-26-2003, 04:26 PM   #41  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Kiwi I am sitting here with my jaw hanging down trying to figure how in the world that could be fun. Are you nuts? Upside-down-Charlie-Brown's used car would be more exciting.

Do you (not Kiwi) think I could reupholster my old sofa that will be thrown out if not? Or how much do professionals (low rent ones) charge?

going to go look up a label for Kiwi's inability to distinguish "fun" from "trapped."

BTW, the email was from a local government person. The attachment was agenda.

Last edited by Darling_Peaches; 04-26-2003 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:01 PM   #42  
fatter than U

Default Speaking of evil...

I dowloaded IE 6 and MSN Messenger today and am waiting for something to go wrong, explode or self-destruct entirely. Anyone else have MSN Messenger?

Peachers, you are being sooooooo gracious with Herbie and the hyena. It's the right thing to do. You will be rewarded in Methodist heaven and the hyena will get what she deserves.

Hi to all you other sweet cows!
Old 04-26-2003, 06:30 PM   #43  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Sugar, Kiwi and I have IM. Why don't you have IM? Kiwi is never on IM and neither am I but we have it and we'd like you to have it too. I don't have MSN but I have ICQ. I'm never on ICQ either. What is Methodist heaven like? Will they have good snacks?
Old 04-26-2003, 10:01 PM   #44  
The magic shrinking cow

I have AOL IM, MSN Messenger, ICQ, and Yahoo IM. I'm never on ICQ and rarely on AOL IM, but I'm on MSN at work and Yahoo IM at home.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:11 PM   #45  
Member w/ messiest house

I have MSN Messenger. Anyone who has a hotmail address (that they can remember....) can easily use msn Messenger. I'll look you up, Sugar. DD thinks it's better than AIM, I don't know why.

I'm so delighted that I freaked you out with my exciting evening, Peachpit. Now you now how nuts I've become with DH out of work and all my flesh and blood friends moved away. Utterly starved for mental nudging.

Kiwi
Closed Thread