Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 09:42 AM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Yay Sugar! So glad it went well. Have lots of bonbons and take it easy!

Hope you soon feel better too, Bagz. I've been having a nagging headaches all week too, it doesn't know whether it wants to grow up to be a migraine.

I'm taking girls shopping today. Wish me luck.

Kiwi
Old 04-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #17  
Most boring housewife.

Default I'm considering a list

I'm here...I have my sore arm and shoulder so I tend to post less.
Bagzie, I was not married bya priest, so i don't have to getan annulment. We're not "good" Catholics. DH and I are the type of Catholics who stayed with it because it makes no difference to us which religion we don't practice. The kids go to Catholic school because it isa great education and a nicer environment. But not that much nicer, there was a hate crime at the school two weeks ago. I was surprised, they called the police, didn't deal with it internally at all.
Sugar, milk it for all it's worth. These opportunities are so rare.
We went to nyc yesterday. We walked around Greenwich Village andSoho. It was fun.
People should post...I'm going to clean. I will catch up as i refresh my list.
1. get book on tape
2. shift wash
3. get kids moving on something productive
4. call video guy
5. put away 10 things in living room
6. tidy computer desk
7. 10 minuters in the bath
8. go through house with trash bag
9. clean out my car
10. 1st floor
OK, I havea plan.
I'll be back with a progress report. bye
Old 04-24-2003, 07:09 PM   #18  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default PLAN,WHAT PLAN???

ARE YOU STILL IN THE LAUNDRY SHUTE???I WANT MORE OF THE PLAN!!!!-----I THINK I AM DEPRESSED BUT I AM NOT SURE---------- what are the symptoms???
Old 04-24-2003, 10:18 PM   #19  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Don't get excited about the plan, Bagzie. All it means is she's going through the house with a garbage man and calling the video bag. Whatever. Something like that.

You are depressed because there are not theatrical performances going on. Your children have let you down. They should be putting on shows in the living room like Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland did. You are too easy on them. Get your sissy in there and make them sing!!!! then you'll feel better.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:57 AM   #20  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
Don't get excited about the plan, Bagzie.
All it means is she's going through the house
with a garbage man and calling the video bag.
Whatever. Something like that.

What is that color? It makes my head hurt.

I bought 4 new bras for the price of 2, minus 20% today. I'm the best shopper ever, huh? I also got a pair of Levis, 4 tank tops, a pair of bright orange terrycloth pants and a bikini. Oh, that was for DD, by the way. Only the bras were for me. And I stood by while her friend forked over $58 for a bikini -- I hope her mother doesn't kill me.

How come you get to walk around NYC, Lush? Is this the perk you get for living in NJ? I got to walk around downtown Bangor today in the cold rain. We went in a pawn shop and let DD try out a guitar. The guy in there was talking to some woman about her DH who was in jail. Creepy people.

I keep getting emails asking me if I want my rooster to be 3 or 4 inches bigger. I don't know why. I don't even have a rooster.

Bagz, we're all depressed, aren't we? I hope it is just a temporary thing. Even one of DD's friends just recently started taking anti-depressants -- 15 years old. I would be worried to death if I were her parents -- and not only because she is supposedly depressed, but because medicating her was the first line of defense when she was having trouble coping with things. I've been on them myself, and unless I was in a very bad way, I would never take them again. But of course that's me.

So what am I doing still up at this hour? I have to get up early and wave byebye to DD, who is going on a rock concert tour. Or something.

By the way, it is snowing out.

Didn't anyone look at that hammock picture? I thought that was adorable. I'm a sucker for an upside-down cat.

Kiwi
Old 04-25-2003, 07:59 AM   #21  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

That was "live nudes" green, Kiwi. Lush would know that. She gets around to sophistocated places.

I'm depressed too. I
had a bad dream which I will tell you. I was in bed, like for real, when I heard this woman's voice talking loudly saying, "I just gotta say hi to Peaches. I love Peaches." Then she yelled "I'm here Peaches. I got to get to bed but wanted to say hi first." Then to someone else, "Yeah, I'm going to turn the lights off now."

The light I leave on in the kitchen wen
t off, then on and off and on and off. I thought my eyes were open and I was seeing it but I opened them for real and all was normal. Crreeepy.

I loved the kitty Kiwi. I didn't look at it before I admit but now I've printed it and I'm taking it to my co-worker who has hammock and kitties.

One reason I'm depressed is that I've been thinking about that hyenah and imaging things I'd like to do to her. Like flooding her with spam, that sort of thing. Then I think of Herbie and think of things I'd like to do to him and come up with nothing. But I'm really p****d at him and have been frustrated by not being able to express it. I need someone else.

DS is camping this weekend and next and two weeks after that. I'll be all alone. Post. I need company.

Bagz, the symptoms of depression are knowing Herbie.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:02 AM   #22  
Most boring housewife.

Default yay

i'mback. It is hard t o type. my spaces and capitALizaton are off. also, imiss letters. spaces might be a little off, too.
I hardly got anything done on yesterday's list. Today is another day. i have lots of errands, though.
bagzie, if you're depressed, do something. There is no reason to suffer. First, though, try giving up sugar. I think it causes depresson. For myself, i can't be depressed if i'm off sugar.
I'm horrified by the 15 year old on antidepressants. We know of several,too. Among the boy's friends, many are on add meds. It makes them nuts. It does save them the convenience of scoring speed themselves, though.
DD got the dvd set for My So-called life. We've wasted lots of time doing that.
I really have no plan. Maybe someone should come up with one. go ahead. l
Old 04-25-2003, 09:33 AM   #23  
fatter than U

Default Lush stopped in mid-sentence!

Are you still there, Lush? Did you fall off your chair.

Still feeling a bit woozy (is that a word?). Tried to do laundry but lying on sofa is better. Bon bons are gone, I have moved on to coleslaw now.

Today is Mummy's birthday. *And* Mummy-in-law's birthday. What a coincidence.

What a strange dream, Peachy! I have dreams like that where none of the lights work, or I can't walk or I'm standing stark naked in the middle of a crowd of people. Ugh. Dh had a dream last night where he fell in love with an East Indian girl on the bus on the way to a tennis game. He swears nothing happened so I forgave him.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:45 PM   #24  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

you are all so interesting-----i have never had any antidepressants{although some friends SWEAR by their ---Zoloft??? ---would that be it???ANYway,i am afraid of drugs [except when i have headache and will take ANYthing!!!]maybe some EXCERCISE would help me!!!one of my friends was perscribed a half hour of walking a day for depression-----sounds hard--------i will just blame Herbie----and Hyenarse-------since my headache is gone i have no choice but to have a giant MARGIE!!!!!!! tonight---that may cheer me up----get this----DD17 IS MAD AT ME CAUSE I WON'T LET HER DRIVE HER FRIEND'S BOYFRIEND HOME TONIGHT AFTER THE DANCE [11 THIRTY ISH]---HE LIVES ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES AWAY ---THIS INVOLVES A FERRY RIDE,WINDY TWO LANE ROADS WITH NO LIGHTS OR SIGNAGE---IN YAHOO COUNTRY ON FRIDAY NIGHT----SHE SAYS IT'S NOOOOOOOOOOT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!- i feel like calling her friend's mother and her friend's boyfriend's mother and telling them --- THAT EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW THEM AT ALL I AM THE WITCH WHO WON'T DRIVE THEIR SON HOME TO THE BOONDOCKS!!!!!-----now how do we like THAT!!!!!!!!!!! blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i was sooooooooo mad at herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 04-25-2003, 01:47 PM   #25  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i forgot to tell peaches ----in your dream---the lady calling you was---and i know this for sure-----DUSTY JANE!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:27 PM   #26  

Bagzie, you are sooooo mean!!!! You want to keep your DD safe - what kind of mother would do that? I remember when my DD once told me she wished I was a barfly like so and so's mom, because then I wouldn't be sticking my nose in her business all the time. It's funny now, but I didn't think it was funny back then.

I've taken zoloft, and it made me fat. Anyway, I blamed it on that - I'm sure it had nothing to do with all the food I scarfed down. It got me through a depressed time, but there are down sides to it. Like it kills any interest in s*x. But then so does depression, so there you go. I've got to agree that 1/2 hour of exercise would probably do you some good. Why don't you go first and tell me if it makes you feel better.

Woozy is definitely a word, Sugar. Ask Bagzie after her second margie. I'm so glad you had a nice nap, and you're taking proper advantage of the situation. How long do you think you can milk it??

I had a dream the other night that DH was hugging me, but watching some cute bimbo walking down the street. I was mad at him for a couple days after that - just on principle. I'm sure there was some reason it was in my subconscious.

Peaches, how about sending magazine subscriptions to the hyena? how about sending away for a sample of Depends for her?

My DD took me for a one hour massage for my birthday yesterday. It was wonderful, when I win the lotto I'm going to have my own personal masseuse.

The big news at my house is I installed drip waterers w/ a timer on all my front porch flower baskets and planters. I know this won't get anyone else too excited, but I am thrilled. And I did it all by myself.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #27  
Member w/ messiest house

Default First, the amusing anecdote

I just did a search in eBay for "glass lake binchy" because I want to know what the book is selling for. At the top of the results, it said: "Did you mean glass lake *****y?" heehee

Quote:
DD17 IS MAD AT ME CAUSE I WON'T LET HER DRIVE HER FRIEND'S BOYFRIEND HOME TONIGHT AFTER THE DANCE
Goodness, I don't blame you for putting your foot down on that one, Bagz. I hate the thought of all those teenagers zooming around late at night.

I feel your pain, Peaches. It's so frustrating to be so p-o'ed at someone and not be able to tell them flatout what sh**heads they are.

Sugar, today is my mummy's birthday!! I think we've been through this before, haven't we? I still have her present here waiting to be wrapped and sent. I guess it would just kill me to do anything on time.

Quote:
I'm horrified by the 15 year old on antidepressants. We know of several,too. Among the boy's friends, many are on add meds.
Get this: she was put on add meds at the same time! It seems pretty ridiculous to wait until a kid's 15 to decide she has add. She has had difficulty with schoolwork since she was 5. And sure, maybe she does have add, although she is definitely not hyperactive (hence, the anti-depressants?). But I could have fixed this kid myself. She needed her mother to stop giving her mixed messages about how awful it was that she developed so early and she should never never be sexually active and at the same time, why don't you take modelling classes and wear these sexy clothes and isn't it cute that you had a boyfriend at the age of 8? Or was it 4? And the poor kid clearly has an under-average IQ, deal with it. I just hope she survives all the help she's getting.

I have a headache. From going in Bath and Body Works yesterday and trying a couple of lotions. I should sue.

Anyone ever heard of "Good Charlotte"? That's the band DD is going to see tonight. I hope they decide not to get into the mosh pit, but I know that is very unlikely. There are only 3 of them, but I think they will meet some of the other kids they know who are going. No way will they be content to sit in seats, I'm sure. Well, they are big girls, they can stay on their feet, in a surging crowd, can't they? {Insert weak smile here}

Oy.

Tonight, DH and I are going to what passes for a social activity in our depressed and depressing town -- we are going to a financial seminar put on by the company that held all our 401k money before the paper mill went bankrupt (still not up and running, by the way). They are offering a dinner presumably so we will keep our accounts with their company, I suppose. If it's a good enough dinner, maybe we will....

That's a corker of a dream, Peaches. You know, I'm not so sure it was Dusty. It might have been me -- you know I'm always the last one up. And right before I go to bed, I usually go flick the outside light switch to tell the cat to come in. I started doing that when my dog lost her hearing and now it's just a habit, so I do it for the cat even though I call her too. Her name isn't Peaches, but it starts with a P! You're just clairvoyant or something.

Need more coffee. Bye.

Kiwi
Old 04-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, Wabbit, it took me so long to put different colors in that message, I missed yours Good job on the watering job. You're a wonder.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #29  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Bagz, you are so funny!!! Dusty Jane in my house!!!!!!!!!! Oh the horror! I don't think it was Kiwi though. I've heard her voice.

I am ready to live in my new little house. The realtor is no doubt back in rehab and things are not moving forward again. She is such a nut. Isn't this a NICE COLOR???

What kid are you talking about on antidepressants? Did I miss something? Are you talking about the boy who killed his principal and himself? The paper is full of sad things. Not my paper. My paper is happy.

Bagz, you are entirely right. It's YOUR kid who is your responsiblity and you have to take care of her. Maybe he could get a cab.

magazines for hyenaharse sound great! All kinds.

Last edited by Darling_Peaches; 04-25-2003 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:20 PM   #30  
Member w/ messiest house

you just don't read my posts until I make you, do ya?
Closed Thread