3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   TEN POUNDS AT A TIME #168: Easter Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/26198-ten-pounds-time-168-easter-challenge.html)

cat90 04-18-2003 01:34 PM

Pam :cp: thats exactly what we'll call it :D "The countdown to Summer Challenge" :) i'll start it now in fact :D I'm determined to start showing some losses here ;) and i promise :crossed: to post every week :D

Cool Mom 04-18-2003 10:29 PM

Yo, Cathy, how'd ya know???!!!! :D

cat90 04-19-2003 11:26 AM

Hey Terry ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

cat90 04-19-2003 11:33 AM

Only walked 1 mile on my treadmill yesterday on the weightloss program :eek: and 10 mins of weights..i really want to start doing more weightlifting but i find it pretty boring :yawn: i've got one of those benches with a barbell across..a butterfly press and a leg lift so its just 3 basic exercises plus free weights :( i'll try and do 15-20 mins every couple of days i think :dz: i had to move some clothes off it yesterday to use it :rolleyes: thats how much action it see's :lol:

Sammy01 04-20-2003 08:30 PM

Good Evening Ladies of the Board :)

Hope you've all had a pleasant weekend with family and friends and celebrating Easter. It's been a very nice weekend here and other than Friday's snowstorm (which has since melted) the weather has been fantastic.

I went over points yesterday but am on plan today and have to reverse bank but I will do it. I am determined to show myself that I can maintain and keep this weight off for good. Goal was a wonderful thing and I plan to stay there! I'm also working out more now so hope in the next few months to see further change in my shape.

Well speaking of working out it's time to hit downstairs and hit the weights.

Have a great evening all,

Pam

Grandma G 04-21-2003 09:24 AM

Hi Ladies,

Well I messed up big time. I was so proud of myself for not gaining during my vacation, then I came home and pigged out for three days on CHOCOLATE! I can't believe it, I seemed to have lost all control. I had bought candy to have around the house for my grandkids for Easter "Yea right" I admit it, I bought it for me! I sent some home with one gd and her college friends yesterday, but I kept some so I could have one more night of pigging out. Big mistake. Now it's time to send the rest with the other grandkids. I bagged it up and it's next to the door waiting to go!:wave: Bye Bye. NOW BACK TO WORK:strong: :cb:

I am ready for the "Countdown to Summer Challenge" And boy do I need it. I have only walked one mile on my treadmill since coming home. Although I did help dh with yardwork and did some much needed house cleaning. I don't have the energy for both house work and treadmilling on the same day. ;)

What a beautiful weekend we had here. It was in the mid 70's yesterday. I had set up tables in the house, but all the teenagers opted to sit out on the porch for dinner it was so beautiful out! My gd who goes to college less then an hour away from home brought two college friends here to dinner because they couldn't go home for Easter. One was from the country Mexico and the other was from NH. She lives in the same town in NH where I was born. I thought that was an interesting coincidence.

Pam I think it is so wonderful that you have reached your goal. What a wonderful feeling it must be. :bravo: Seeing what you have done makes me know I can do it. I have no doubt about that. I just have to get myself back on program and stay with it. I WILL DO IT. You have proven to me that it can be done. Thank you!:balloons:

Meg, I am so happy that you found the right job! You sound so much happier::) and really busy.

No, I haven't been doing any painting, but hope to get back to it soon. I still have two commissions I need to finish up. I keep saying I am not going to take any more commissions, but I have trouble saying NO.

:dance: :wave: Hi to Cat, Dahlia, Terry, Cool Mom and anyone else I missed. Hope all is well and WE ALL have an op day!

To start my day off right I am heading to my treadmill NOW, THAT'S RIGHT NOW, NOW, NOW. At least one mile a day until summer starts! June 21st. and no more chocolate - THAT IS MY CHALLENGE TO MYSELF.

cat90 04-21-2003 11:40 AM

Yaaayy!! Great Job on joining the challenge Grandma :D I can't believe that i have'nt had ONE chocolate easter egg this easter ( :sssh: so far :lol: ) but i have to go grocery shopping today because i'm out of milk and toilet rolls :lol: well..not completely out of toilet rolls :rolleyes: down to the last couple and thats close enough for me..they are one commodity that i'm usually well stocked up on :lol: i walked/jogged 2.5mls on my treadmill yesterday and did 15mins of weights..will just do the treadmill today and give the 'muscles' a rest until tomorrow.

Pam..you go girl..reverse banking indeed..now thats committment!

Meigg 04-21-2003 09:07 PM

Ladies...

I am so jealous. I am like 3 pages behind in posts. You all sound like you are doing so well, and I am standing still in time. I know that eventually I will get back on track, but right now I am just trying to keep my head above water.

Ever since my "nervous breakdown" 4 years ago, (when I was diagnosed bipolar), I don't handle change or stress well. The stress of this job has really gotten to me. I spent most of the weekend either crying, or taking drugs to make me not care (prescribed - don't worry :) ).

I have basically doubled my meds, and I still feel like I want to puke all day from the stress. I told my boss, and I am hoping it will get better. He said he would do anything and work with me as much as I need until I feel better. I told him we could do that thru the end of the week and then talk again.

Dan is supportive, but I feel bad that I am always falling apart. I don't know how he puts up with me. But he does:D

Maybe all of this not eating will at least help me to maintain. I know it isn't the best way, but I truly am not hungry.

Anyway- I hope all of you had a great Easter, and have a great week.

Talk to you soon-and thanks for listening
Meg

Sammy01 04-21-2003 09:07 PM

Hello Girls,

Grandma G, Chocolate is an evil thing and lets say a few creme eggs met their demise during the Easter season. Always remember that your next meal is a fresh start...one bad moment does not mean we have to chuck it all in for the day. We can do this and we will! I've been trying to up the exercise to help with these weaker moments.

I had a good day today and just finished my 2 mile WATP tape completed with 50 crunches. I hate crunches but what do you do?

Off to have a decaf tea (vanilla hazelnut yummy!) and study for awhile.

Hugs to you all,

Pam

Grandma G 04-22-2003 09:37 AM

Hi Ladies,

I have to confess that I didn't do as planned yesterday, I didn't walk on the treadmill and I unpackaged the chocolate and ate more. But I am not discouraged, I had been craving chocolate and now I have had my fill. I am over it! This morning I got up and walked a mile on the treadmill, first thing. MY COMMITMENT IS BACK!

Every once in a while I need to do something foolish like that, but as long as I don't lose sight of the final goal and stay away from program too long, it doesn't do any permanent harm. However having been away from my treadmill for over a month now, I found out how easy it is to get out of shape. Wow, just one mile and I feel like I did a marathon. I hope it will be easier tomorrow!

Good Job Cat, on the exercise and staying away from the Easter candy!

I plan to start my spring cleaning. I will get extra exercise and hopefully a cleaner house. I can't do too much at once, but one project at a time, one room at a time, and I will get there! Just like with my diet. Slow but sure!

As far as my diet (or should I say live-it) goes, I plan to streamline that more too. When I was first dieting a year ago, I didn't eat any dessert what so ever, and as time went on I started adding it in to my daily meals. Even though I keep them low calorie desserts they are still extra calories and unnecessary, so I am going to eliminate them for a while and see if that will get me losing faster.

Meg, I am so sorry to hear that your dream job is becoming your nightmare. Is it just that your are so busy and learning new things that has you stressed out? If so, that should improve as soon as you learn the job and how to manage your time better. For now, I hope you can find the time to relax yourself. Maybe just a bubble bath or a funny movie. Anything to make you relax a little. I can understand how you feel because I have never been good with change or stress either. I really hope things work out for you.

Well, ladies time for a shower then I am going to pick a job and get to work, spring cleaning has started!

:lol: May we all have an op day!

cat90 04-22-2003 12:47 PM

Good Morning Ladies :wave:

I went out shopping yesterday and the majority of the easter eggs had been sold apart from all the assorted mini ones i.e. creme eggs..caramilk eggs..dream eggs..have you ever had those dream eggs? :p very sickly..well, you know now that i had one :lol: and i've got a ton of the others here too :rolleyes: and you know i'm not even craving them..if i fancy one i'm going to let myself have one..if not they are staying in the cupboard ( :sssh: unless hubby finds them)

I can't believe that the last 2 mornings the scale has been good to me..i got on it this morning thinking "huh..it will probably show a gain of 3lbs this morning because of that chocolate egg" but it did'nt :cp: it was .5lb less than yesterday morning..i'm not counting anything yet until fridays weigh-in but i'm confidently hoping for a good one :D
Did just over 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday..will do the same this morning and add some weightlifting.

Pam you are off to a great start..exercise outta the way already, good for you..i'll try and do mine this morning before noon..hate doing it later.

Meg..so sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed, hopefully things will fall into place soon..take care of yourself :)

Hi Terry..where are you? you too Dahlia..put those easter eggs down and check in.

Dahlia 04-22-2003 07:44 PM

Hi all,
Just a quick note here.. and I have not had any easter eggs, thank you...I decided to take myself off my arthritis meds and see if there is any change... already had to take some aleve hope that will be enough to get me thru the days..work is hectic right now... I know Meg how overwhelming it can be, but just tell yourself, you can only do so much at a time, and it will be there till you get it done.. don't stress yourself out,,, try to relax and enjoy the fact that you have a new and exciting new job, are working with new people, and just go with the flow... it will get easier as you learn the ropes... and am glad to hear you can talk to your boss about it...don't take this wrong.. but it's just a job.. something for you to do during the hours you are there, don't let it consume your life... nothing is worth doing that to yourself...good luck with it.

Today is my and dh 31st wedding anniversary,, we had breakfast together, worked together/apart all day... we both do our thing where ever it's needed (we have 16 greenhouses) and see each other at breaks, lunch and if we seek each other out.. now we had supper together and he is back at the greenhouse to spray and I am working in the office... but we exchanged gifts this morning.. (and I am telling Meg not to let it take over her life...LOL well for us it's a way of life and we will settle down after the 4th of July and get away for a while.. and celebrate then....

I am still determined to lose weight, I will just keep trying new ways till I hit upon the right one for me... Pam reached her goal, and you others are doing it too,, SO CAN I...

take care all, grandma glad to see you back.. and everyone else, I will be reading the posts as often as I can... and write when I have a chance..

Dahlia

Cool Mom 04-23-2003 02:12 AM

:^: Sign, I ate everyone's Easter eggs :mad:

No sense in not confessing -- stress got to me and I gave in BIG TIME. So, back on track today and I am looking forward to it.

Just woke up to the sounds of a cat getting ready to upchuck on our bed. Lovely :fr: Grabbed her so fast (amazing because I was in the middle of a dream but you just know "that sound" regardless of how asleep you are :yikes: . Not much damage but try walking around something that you know is there on the floor but can't see because you don't have your contacts in and you can't find your glasses!

OK, crisis is over, the cat and the husband are back to sleep, and I am wide awake. Something wrong with this picture --- Grrrr!!!

Hey, happy anniversary, Dahlia! :balloons:

Meg, I know it's tough but try to take it one task at a time. Dahlia had some great advice -- once you put everything into perspective, it will be easier to handle the stress. It sounds like you have a very understanding boss, and a great husband --- so many people are in your corner! You once said you were not even taking a lunch break -- I hope you are taking one now because the break will help you destress during the day. We all need to walk away from it. And, anytime you need to vent, we are here for ya. :) Hugs!

Getting tired here -- busy day ahead -- so let me cut this short and try to get back to sleep. The alarm goes off in less than 3 hours. Now I know what the phrase "That Darn Cat" means!

Always, Terry

cat90 04-23-2003 12:49 PM

Aaaawww Terry :lol: i can just picture it..i'm afraid that cat would'nt last long here..lets just say i would have been playing footy (football) with it this morning :devil: Have you had any interesting mail lately? :s:

Dahlia..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :gift: sounds like you and hubby have a great relationship :D and even tho' your work must be hard you make it sound such a lovely way of life..you're right you WILL find what works for you..Good Luck!

I've got a ton of mini eggs..caramilk ones..creme ones..so far i've had one dream egg :p did'nt like that one and a bag of mini eggs :T so i'm not being too much of a :ink:

Must see TV on thursday is Oprah..she is doing one of her fabulous weightloss shows..can't wait to see it.

Hi Pam, Grandma, Meg..hope you are doing O.K.

Sammy01 04-23-2003 01:27 PM

Good Morning Gals,

Just a quick one here to wish Dahlia a Happy Anniversary, Meg a great big hug, Terry a smile and a nod because I so feel what you're going through with eating too much, Cathy a smile and a giggle because you make me chuckle.

It's a busy day here and this week I've not been coping well. Three days out of this week I've been over points and not by one or two either. I'm trying to give myself a stern talking too but it doesn't seem to be helping. I started off today alright and then made two stupid choices at coffee break. I can't keep doing this. I actually got lower than 150 last week but I'm sure that's gone by now. Help me girls if you can and give me a kick.

Love to you all, now I'm back to work.

Pam