3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   TEN POUNDS AT A TIME #168: Easter Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/26198-ten-pounds-time-168-easter-challenge.html)

cat90 04-16-2003 11:11 AM

Good Morning Ladies :wave:
Meg..that is a LOOOOOONG Day :eek: hope you can get in a healthy sandwich or something during all that time ;) but, you do sound very happy at what you are doing and that is the main thing :)
Dahlia...hopefully the doc will sort out your med's :) whatever you are taking it sounds like you are retaining water :( maybe he could give you some diuretics :?: if they don't affect the meds.
Thanks for naming Mount Rushmore..neither me or hubby could remember it :lol:
As for dieting..playing around on computers for hours certainly takes your mind off food..i finally feel like i'm in control of what i'm eating..now..if i can just commit to exercising every day than i'll see some results.

Hi Terry..Pam..Grandma.

Anyone else been wondering what happened to Karie? she must be busy or on one of her trips to England.

Sammy01 04-16-2003 09:10 PM

Hey girls,

Woke up to snow yesterday. Blech, blech and double blech. Now it's sunny and 13 so go figure. It's supposed to rain all weekend except for Saturday so that'll be alright. The moisture is welcome but I prefer it not be the white kind while we're in the spring :)

Dahlia, I know you must be frustrated but I admire your attitude towards finding another battle plan. You go girl and we're here to support you 110%

Meg, great job on holding your weight steady. I know it's hard when life turns upside down but you are doing fantastic!

Cat, good job on the treadmill. I'm the same way if I get going online first...the treadmilljust does not happen.

Terry, how are you doing today? Hope all is well. Here's to an OP day.

Granmda G, hope all is well with you. Are you busy with your painting these days?

Things here are alright. I don't think Erwin's Dad will be getting out anytime soon. Very weak and very confused. Kept telling Erwin that his youngest boy was there to visit yesterday but he couldn't recall his name...nice chap though...(It was Erwin who is the youngest son) Erwin said "Dad that was me yesterday" His Dad was kind of like "oh really...hmmm well.." I feel so bad for him. I hope it all works out in the end.

Well speaking of working out I guess it's time for me to get downstairs to do my weights and hit the treadmill for a quickie...who ever knew I'd use that term for working out LOL.

Have a good night all.

Pam

Meigg 04-16-2003 09:29 PM

Dahlia- Sorry to hear abou thte gain- but you will lose it quickly!

Remember - men ALWAYS lose faster - and it is NOT FAIR!

See you tomorrow!
Meg

Cool Mom 04-17-2003 10:29 AM

Morning!

Sorry I have been AWOL -- just no time this week.

All is well, just busy with work and Easter preparation. Katie's coming home for a few days too so I have been cleaning her room a bit. Never a dull moment!

Dahlia, I think Cathy is right about the water retention if your ankles are swollen. I am taking my mom back and forth to the doctor for this at the moment too. Hers is from all the meds she takes for her arthritis. Best to have it checked out. And, the weight gain is a direct result if you are retaining fluids. Lots of self TLC, ok?!

Pam, crazy weather here to. Sunny and temps close to 90 yesterday and then in the low 30s last night -- wore shorts! Too bad Erwin's dad is still in the hospital especially with Easter this weekend. Hugs to both of you as it's not easy.

Meg, Meg, Meg! I am thrilled that you love your job! I'm sure once you get more acclimated to your new routine, you'll make time for a lunch bread. You really need to or you'll go crazy no matter how much you love your job. Everyone needs that break to just clear their heads during the day. How exciting to even think about house hunting! If you do decide to move, will that put you farther or closer to your parents and the children's theatre group? Sounds like you have a good hubby there, lady :) .

Cathy, President Olivia beats out the astronaut by leaps and bounds -- can't wait to show Russ tonight because he got a kick out of the others! I hope you are printing these out for Jacqui -- keepers!

I do think about Karie -- has anyone heard from her? I do hope all is well in her world.

Still plugging along here weight wise. I have not weighed in awhile but my clothes seem looser or it may just be wishful thinking :D. I am back to exercise thanks to Cathy and did my 3 mile WATP tape yesterday -- sweat everywhere. I am back to trying to do something everyday even if it's only for 20 minutes.

Went Easter basket shopping yesterday -- still make a basket for Katie (she'll be 23) and this year I made one for her boy friend. They certainly get expensive if you don't buy candy! We are going out to dinner again this Easter Sunday -- with work and everything it's just so much easier.

Speaking of work, let me get a move on.

Special hellos going to Grandma, Cheri and Emily :) .

Always, Terry

cat90 04-17-2003 01:13 PM

Good Morning Ladies :)
Had a really nice day out yesterday :) hubby had a Doctors appointment way on the other side of town so i went along and he dropped me off in town..i went shopping in Victoria while he saw the quack :s: and i met up with him later..he was longer than we both thought he would be so to pass the time i went into a nice bar/restaurant and had a couple of pints of Guinness :T on the way home he took me for dinner which was a nice change for me as we don't go out to eat now nearly as much as we used to ( :sssh: not like Terry ;) )

Terry :cp: great job with WATP's..i missed yesterday with being out all day..i'm feeling a bit sluggish this morning to say the least thanks to Mr Guinness and Mr Budweiser :lol: i hope i find the energy later.

Pam..SNOW! now that is bonkers! I would'nt want it either..at any time of year.

cat90 04-17-2003 01:22 PM

Ooooh Terry...just checked out that website :eek: think i'll stick to years too :rolleyes:

Dahlia 04-17-2003 05:24 PM

Just a quick note hear to thank you gals for all your suggestions.. however, I have been taking a diuretic for a couple years now, but I also take medication for arthiritis and I have noticed that when I take them I seem to gain weight and if I stop them, I can lose.....so will discuss this with the doc...

Cathy, sounds like you had a nice time out with hubby.. and Meg, first a new job, now maybe a new house,, boy that is great.. :)

Got to make supper, worked late tonight and start working longer hours on Monday,,, so if I don't post for a while, you know where I'll be... but just think if the sun comes out and it gets nice and hot, being in the greenhouse is like a sauna.. for real... and I usually do lose a few pounds just from sweating... so that is a good thing...and yes I drink plenty ...

Have a good evening all, and a Happy Easter.. going to sil's for dinner sunday..

Dahlia

cat90 04-17-2003 05:31 PM

Dahlia..hope the doc can help you with the medication :) it is such a shame that medication is hindering you from reaching your goals :( but at least you have something to blame now ;)

cat90 04-17-2003 05:34 PM

Been playing silly beggar's again :lol: so..what do you think of me now gals :?:

Sammy01 04-17-2003 10:36 PM

Cathy you seriously crack me up :) I wish we lived closer....

Went out tonight with my friend Milena (the one who has lost over 100 lbs). We had a blast and I was OP and still have 4 points left in the bank. It felt good to feel totally in control.

Dahlia, I hope your meeting with your Dr. gets you some answers. Sounds like you have a very good grasp at what's going on. Keep us posted.

Terry, hey there girlfriend. You and Russ got any big plans for the weekend?

I emailed Karie a few weeks ago and she had started back to meetings but school is keeping her insanely busy. She is well though and trying her best to take care of things. Send her positive vibes and hopefully she'll find her way back to us.

Well I'm pooped so I'm off to bed. Fun day of studying tomorrow...oooh can't wait.....

Pam

Cool Mom 04-18-2003 10:43 AM

Morning Ladies!

I am just so tired of pop up ads and now I see they have a new type -- I just discovered that key words on various pages are underlined and if you mouse over, a message box directs you to various sponsors. Any suggestions for a good pop up blocker?? And, I am willing to spend money on one -- that's how annoying this is! :yikes:

Anyway ....... :)

Cathy, you do keep us in smiles that's for sure. I love your spirit, lady!

Dahlia, I hope you are able to get your meds under control soon. I hate it when it comes down to deciding which is the worse of two evils -- gain weight or be in pain?? With me it's gain weight or have anxiety attacks -- my panic attacks were wicked so I stay on my meds and lose slowly.

Great, an ad for penis enlargement pills just popped up -- I really need those. :D

Pam, thanks for the update on Karie and when you write her again, please tell her we miss her and think about her often.

Well, another day at work. I need to stop at the mall after work and get a few more Easter treats for the kids' baskets, plus something for my mom. She can use another photo album as everyone sends her pictures.

Meg -- hello!

Have a great day, everyone, and I will try to get back tonight.

Always, Terry

Cool Mom 04-18-2003 10:45 AM

I can't believe that "penis enlargement pills" is underlined!! Now I am really going to war with pop ups! I wouldn't mind them except that they freeze up my computer for a few seconds each time they are materializing!

Sammy01 04-18-2003 11:23 AM

Good Morning Gals,

It's slightly cloudy here again in Edmonton and sounds like rain may be on its way. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful and we could walk around Whyte without our coats on. Bliss :) So I'm going to go get my walk in before it gets any cloudier out. Then come home shower, and get myself in my office to do a couple of hours of studying! I write on the 29th so I feel better knowing when the date is now so I can focus a bit better.

Terry I'll ask Erwin about a blocker for you that is most likely a free download. He'll be home later this afternoon and I'll email you the link. Have fun at work today and enjoy putting those Easter baskets together. I won't be going home this year as Mom and Dad were just up but hopefully maybe Erwin will get me a tiny little treat :) But then again I can't handle my chocolate so perhaps this will work out for the best anyways.....

Have a wonderful day ladies.

Pam

cat90 04-18-2003 12:19 PM

Good Morning Ladies :wave:
Terry i got a free pop up killer program from the web and it works really well :) everytime it kills an ad you just here a chime sound and if you want to click on a link all you have to do is press the CTRL button down to allow popup killer to let you open a new window..its a very small program too...i'll send it for you to try :D
and you can try one of Pam's too. Anyway, you don't need to see ads for "penis enlargement pills" because i for one will vouch for you YOUR PENIS IS BIG ENOUGH :lol: :lol:

Pam..you are so good :angel: going out with a friend and still having pts in the bank :eek: i paid for that day out i had with hubby..the scale is showing a + of 3lbs :yikes: i'd better get back on track and quick. I want to start another challenge seeing as i failed miserably with the easter one...any ideas?

Sammy01 04-18-2003 01:12 PM

Good Morning Cathy....

As far as a new challenge goes...we could always do a countdown to summer challenge? That's June 21 so that would give us all about two months to set and meet a goal? What do you think?

I did get my walk in this morning before the rain came down but I swear the temperature changed three degrees from when I started to when I finished. Brr...chilly. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice.

Well off to his the shower and start that blasted studying.

I'll check back later,

Pam