3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   TEN POUNDS AT A TIME #168: Easter Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/26198-ten-pounds-time-168-easter-challenge.html)

Cool Mom 03-31-2003 07:09 AM

TEN POUNDS AT A TIME #168: Easter Challenge

Morning! If anyone is just browsing thru the clubs, feel free to post and say hello! We are a small group of ladies who believe that focusing on smaller goals as in "Ten Pounds At A Time" is easier to accomplish. No pressure (unless you want it!) and nice people ... and remember, slow and steady does win the race!

----------------------

I hope that you don't mind that I sarted a new thread -- I will be back in a few to chat -- want to close off the last one!

Terry :)

Cool Mom 03-31-2003 07:17 AM

Morning Everyone!

Meg, I am so excited for you and today's interview -- good luck and if you get a chance please let us know how it went. I didn't realize that you were into scrapbooking -- that has been something that really intrigues me. I know some ladies who are so into it and it can become an expensive hobby. Whenever I am in AC Moore I always poke through their scrapbook section. Perhaps some day .... All my fingers are crossed for today for ya! :)

Pam, sounds like you had a nice weekend despite not feeling well. Hope it's nothing that's planning on lasting too long -- hope ya feel better this morning.

Cathy, I love your new pic -- yep, that's our Cat! I wish I could get that reality weight loss show you talk about. I bet it has great ratings with women -- that's one I would watch. Not too big on the others but DH likes them.

Let me post and then I will be right back!

Cool Mom 03-31-2003 07:31 AM

Ok, sitting here with coffee mug in hand getting fixed to start the day. Had a very nice weekend. Katie called and said she was coming down to spend the night Friday so that was an unexpected but very pleasant surprise. I took her shopping Saturday for clothes and she went back home with a nice little haul for Spring.

Kohls had an awesome sale and for every $50 you spend, they give you a $10 bonus coupon to use another day. I bought a few things for myself and ended up with $50 in coupons -- Russ needs a spring jacket so I have plans for it already. I love that store when they have a sale -- everything is usually 40-50% off.

Sunday I just veged. Took a nice long nap in the afternoon and then we watched a spooky movie -- The Ring -- weird. I was in a "down in the dumps" mood so Russ came home with roses and an angel to cheer me up -- it worked! :smug:

Didn't exercise or watch points this weekend -- but today's a new day and I am psyched tp get back on track. I did buy clothes one size smaller so even if the scale isn't moving very much, I am losing inches. All the more reason to get back on track today -- still want to fit into all the new tops I bought!

Ok, let me go light a fire under Chris or he will be late for school again -- I'll be back later.

Everybody, get up!:wave:

Meigg 03-31-2003 11:56 AM

Terry - there are so many things I want to respond to in your posts, but I can only think of myself right now, so PLEASE forgive me!

I am on pins and needles. They offered me the job on the spot. I am ready to throw up because I am in the middle of negotiating the $$ (I can negotiate all the media in the world at my job, but can't do anything when it comes to myself)!!!

I am so nervous I can't think straight. I called them with a counter, and they are going to call me back. I just want to die right now. I have already smoked 4 cigarettes, and I don't even smoke! I don't know what to do - if you can't tell from my very stream of consciousness ramblings right now. PLEASE keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.

Then I will have to give my notice, and I HATE confrontation of any kind. I don't think I can take it - and I don't have any of my anti-anxiety drugs with me to relax me. I just might break out into a rash all over my body before the end of the day.

Okay. I can't stay here any longer. I am going to go to visit my friends office. Maybe hearing about her weekend will make me forget the anguish I am in right now.

Talk to you later - when I have an answer.
Meg

Cool Mom 03-31-2003 12:25 PM

Meg -- just running out the door and saw your post! Please, relax -- I know easier said than done (and this is coming from a Zoloft/Xanax user so I kind of know how you feel). Can you just go out and take a walk to clear your head before you burst?

Look at it from the stand point that if it's meant to be, it's meant to be -- sometimes you just need to do the very best you can do and then let fate take it's course. Try to tap into all that "cool" that you muster for work when negotiating rates, etc and then transfer it to your current situation.

I am so happy for you and will keep every appendage crossed until I hear from ya! Feel like a human pretzel at the moment!. :)

Good luck, girlfriend!!

Always, Terry

cat90 03-31-2003 12:37 PM

:drill: GOOD MORNING BUDDIES :) are you ready to kick some fat cells butts? i am..i'm pumped like Terry :D no thoughts of chocolate in my head and i only had 5 beers all weekend :eek: (who said that?) :lol:
I had a low energy day yesterday too Terry :( so i could only manage 2 miles on the hill climbing program and 1 mile on the weightloss but i'm happy that i did that. Russ is such a sweetheart for doing that for you yesterday :love: what exactly is scrapbooking? i thought Meg meant that they were just sticking photo's into a scrapbook..what else is involved to make it expensive? I like your pic too Terry..we're getting brave are'nt we? posting our "mugshots" :lol: i just posted that one for a bit of fun. Terry do you get the discovery health channel? because i noticed that 'Taking it Off' was listed on there one day last week, and yet it was'nt on the Life Network like it usually is..i just take potluck and switch it on on sunday mornings just to see. Come to think of it the American channel will be different to the Canadian one (i think) because i was watching Extra a few weeks ago and they were talking about a program that was coming on following a group of people on diets but this one was like a contest (i think) to lose the most weight..it looked fun and i thought i would subscribe to the channel but when i checked the listings it was'nt on here so that must be on the American channel (are you totally confused now..LOL) The girls over on UK fat chicks are watching one in England called "Diet Trials"...each participant follows a different plan..it is quite funny listening to how someone was caught raiding the fridge at midnight LOL...and they put a truck driver on the slimfast diet of all things..now he would have been a much better candidate for Atkins or W.W. the poor guy is starving LOL.
I've got the Womens Channel on at the mo' and there is a yoga class on called 'Breathing Space' it is so relaxing and it looks like something that i could do..i will have to tape this one in future and give it a whirl...BBL

Cool Mom 04-01-2003 09:42 AM

Yo!

Super duper sized cuppa Earl Gray this morning -- too tired to make coffee. I even slept a bit longer this morning -- nightmares. :fr: Weird to say the least.

OK, did get in my 2 mile WATP and just a tad of the treadmill yesterday -- I am just trying to remember how good it felt so I can do a repeat today. My brain just keeps saying "bed!":yawn: :yawn:

Meg, hope all is well :) .

Cathy, I need that burst of boot camp energy you had yesterday:drill: :cb: !

OK, here's the skinny on Scrapbooking 101!

Scrapbooking is a huge hobby and many people do have scrapbooking parties, etc (akin to quilting parties -- don't do those either!). If you ever go into a craft store check out the photo album section because you'll see all the crafty things available. First you craft your own album, Katie made a few with silk covering and ribbons. Then, you you let your imagination fly with the inside pages -- you can organize them into themes, etc. You design your pages, print captions for each pic, design photo borders, etc -- just about anything goes. Some people make them as gifts designing just the cover and naturally leaving the inside pages blank. Some can sell for $75-100 depending upon how ornate they are. Looks like fun but way to time consuming for me right now. There, you may have a pop quiz on all this at anytime! :lol:

We are getting way too brave for our own good, Cathy! Actually, I think if we ever got together, we would get into too much trouble -- our men would have to rescue us :dizzy: .

I'll have to check out the cable listings for Discovery and some of the other channels we have for those programs. Good idea there.

I have two Yoga tapes -- Yoga AM and Yoga PM. The morning one is pretty cool because it's mostly easy stretches and positions. The one for when you are wide awake and masochistic would leave me in traction with all the complicated positions! :smug: In fact, (senior moment here) I think I gave them to Katie ....

Hmm, I was hoping Meg would check in as I was worried about her -- and excited at the same time for her and the job offer.

Russ is a sweetheart -- a keeper -- believe me though, there have been times! He's a mix of English, Irish, and Swedish blood (as in very easy going) and I am Russian/Italian and let my emotions fly. Probably explains why we have been married 27 years -- complete opposites in some ways but we do balance each other out I guess.

Oh, oh, hot flash surfacing here -- maybe it's the tea??? :yikes:

Howdy Pam and everyone -- hope all is well! :wave:

Hey, I just felt my first caffeine rush -- good ol' Earl Grey does it everytime!

Have a great one ladies, and I will check back in later.

Alwys, Terry

Meigg 04-01-2003 11:36 AM

Okay - I GOT IT!!!! I got almost the $ I wanted, and just gave my notice!

I am so excited I don't know what to do. And my boss was REALLY nice about me giving my notice.

I have a few ends to tie up right now - but I just wanted to check in and let you know the scoop.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and wishes!
Meg

Sammy01 04-01-2003 12:28 PM

Congratulations Meg!!!! We're so happy and proud for you. When do you start the new job and what exactly is it that you'll be doing? We need details woman! :)

Good Morning Terry...I'm happy that Earl Grey was good to you this morning...send some of that energy up here for me okay?

Late night talking with my girlfriend. Her husband left last night and I'm not sure he'll be coming back..they've got alot of stuff to work out and he has no desire to work on any of it. He seems very happy to just abandon his entire marriage and darling child because he doesn't want to be tied down. My heart just breaks for her and Makenzie and there's not a darn thing I can do to fix any of it. Just be there when she needs me. *sigh* being a grown up really sucks sometimes.

I am finally feeling better so I was able to work out last night so that's making me feel better. I'm also back to journalling and for my sake girls...ride me hard about doing it!

Have a good one and I'll pop back in later,

Pam

cat90 04-01-2003 05:30 PM

Hi Ladies..decided to get brekky..my work-out and lunch outta the way before i checked in because if i come on here first thing in the morning everything else gets put off :lol: so here i am fed..exercised..sitting in my lycra shorts (not a pretty sight :eek: ) and feeling pretty good for someone who has'nt slept a wink all night..got up at 4.30am to watch movies because i was sick of watching the clock go around..i was sure i would have slept a little too because the night before hubby fell asleep in front of the tv and left it on and it woke me at 1am so i was blooming :mad: and made sure i made a lot of noise when i came down to switch it off..i was that annoyed at being disturbed that i did'nt get to sleep again. :lol: not that it bothered him he just woke up said "Huh" and then turned over again..MEN!
I was going to tape that Yoga program this morning but they were doing upward dogs and downward dogs and bending into all sorts of positions..not like yesterdays..so i turned the tape off i don't want to end up in traction either Terry.
Scrapbooking sounds fun but i'll stick to just shoving photo's into the plastic wallets thanks :dz:
Pam..that is such a shame about your friends marriage..more so with Mackenzie being so young :cry: hope they get thru it.
Hey Meg :balloons: CONGRATULATIONS! are you going out to celebrate? oops..just thought of something you may have to actually WORK for this company :lol:

Meigg 04-01-2003 05:35 PM

Pam, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That totally sucks! The same thing happened to my friend about 9 months into her marraige. He had the nerve to EMAIL HER FROM WORK to tell her he didn't want to be married anymore, and that he did not want to go to counseling etc. Marraige just didn't end up being what he thought it would be. What a jerk!!

Good job journaling, and I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

Terry - You definately are in the know about scrapbooking! It intimidates me WAY too much. I just use a black album with black pages, gold photo corners & gold lettering. Nice and clean - so if I give one as a gift to my husband it isn't too girly!

Since it is my last week in the office I went and splurged at lunch today. Carbo loading BIG time!

Only 25 more minutes until I get to leave for the day. I have already packed my office - all my photos are in a box. My one friend that I have left here TOTALLY laughed when she came in.

Hope everyone has a great day - I need to get busy getting back OP!

Have a good one!
Meg

Meigg 04-01-2003 05:42 PM

Actually Having to Work!

Cat - we were posting at the same time! You are right - I WILL ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO WORK!!!!:dizzy: :lol:

I don't know if I know what that is like. You know when you start a new job you feel overwhelmed? It will be DOUBLE for me!:o I am excited though. To finally use my mind again will be wonderful!:D

Details: the company takes commercials (you ever heard of the Handi Stitch?) and makes them into email commercials. I will buy all of the email names. I think I might be bordering on spamming here (j.k) :dizzy: Anyway, they sell like 500,000 products a month. I will get the same money I get now as salary, but also get a commission based on how many products I sell from my email lists. The better I am at media buying the more $ I make. I apparently have unlimited funds for buying lists, so I can definately make pretty good $$. It sounds fun. And ANYTHING is better than being here. Even if it doesn't work out, I would have better luck finding a job on unemployment. It has been very restrictive looking for a job while I have been working here.

Thanks so much for your support guys. And think of me next Monday when I actually start working again!

Meg

Cool Mom 04-02-2003 07:13 AM

Morning Ladies! :hyper:

OK, where did my nice Spring weather go to?? :mad: It's been so chilly these past few days that I actually had to go back to wearing a jacket. Plus, :yikes: snow showers have been happening on and off for the past few days. Not nice!

Meg, your new job sounds very interesting -- aside from the weekend, it doesn't seem like you are having much time off between jobs. As you can tell, we are all very happy for you :) .

Cathy, at least your photos make it into albums, mine get thrown into a box! :dizzy: But, it's fun to browse thru that box with the kids. Hey, speaking of photos, any new ones of Olivia lately??!

Morning, Pam, and like the others, I was sorry to hear about Mackenzie's parents. Hopefully, they will work things out. It's tough to stand by and watch a friend's marriage dissolve, but somethings are way beyond our control. It does make us appreciate our own marriages a bit more -- too bad it has to be from watching people we like and love go thru such misery though.

Hey, Cathy, those nasty hormones keeping you up at night?? :tired: Can you imagine what it would be like if we didn't have TV and computers to occupy ourselves with when we have nights as such?! Yep, told ya yoga and traction go together!

Slept all night thanks to Tylenol PM -- ever try those little babies, Cathy? They actually work very well. Takes me awhile to fall asleep so I take them a few hours before, but once I fall asleep, I stay asleep. Aside from T-PM, vitamins and prescribed meds, I take very few over the counter meds though.

Did get in just a little treadmill yesterday as I was running very late for work. No energy at night when I come home so if I don't get my workout in during the morning, it's lost for the day.

Well, onto check email and a WW board I belong to -- I love MY time in the morning! :)

Have a great one today :) :) :)

cat90 04-02-2003 12:57 PM

Morning Ladies :wave:
Terry..i too have a shoebox :o full of pics and a few empty albums sitting around too :lol: its one of those "i keep meaning to do jobs" :lol: and i will do them one day :rolleyes: probably when i'm 70 years old (i might have time then because all of this (dieting i mean) will be a distant memory) i'll be sat there in my recliner with my breasts and a shoebox on my lap filling photo albums, what a thought!! i've set myself up for a nice day with that thought have'nt i? (hope i'm at goal before then!!)
I've been doing alright the past 3 days then last night i went grocery shopping and grabbed a kingsize mars bar for hubby, then i saw one of my favourite bars (cadburys orange choc) so i broke down and bought myself one with the intention of having one or two pieces per day..it started off as one or two then ended up being the whole 100g bar while i watched John Travolta in Domestic Disturbance...i enjoyed it tho' ;) the chocolate and the film...and i've just checked my calorie count and its still only 2000 cals so it could have been a lot worse.
Terry i'm taking 5HTP at the moment..i just started another course a couple of days ago and i think they're just kicking in because i slept a few hours last night :cloud9: and i feel better for it..i have'nt tried Tylenol PM but i'll keep them in mind..i've tried all the other OTC sleep aids and they don't work for me.
I have'nt any new pics of Olivia yet and i have'nt heard from Jacqui either..she could be jetsetting around the world now so she won't have time between that and looking after Olivia to bother about her "old" mum :lol: i'll drop her a line.

CheriBrorsen 04-03-2003 01:55 AM

I said hello, I disapperared, I'm back & 2lbs lighter...LOL

Hi all--So sorry to have posted and then disappeared. :) My weigh ins are Wednesdays and I'm happy to report I'm down 2 lbs :) Things have been crazy here. My hubby is currently on break between quarters at school and our weather has been beautiful ...(is that a good excuse for my rudeness and not posting??? LOL) Anyway, congrats Meigg on the new job. YAY. Ok, it's 1:40a.m. here I came downstairs to post this before bed. I should already be there, but I had caffine today...but nevertheless my 4 yr old will be up by 7 at the latest and I'm off lest I be a grumpy momma. LOL Continued success and thanks so much for the welcome back. OH and CAT, girl don't let anyone ever tell you math isn't your strong suit. :lol:

Warmly~
Cheri :)