Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #121  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning Worldlies -

It's a beautiful morning (at least in terms of weather)! Work has been...well, let's just say I'm having to work someone who has a very low opinion of me...so enough about that...luckily, I also work with many people who are very willing to assist me and help me succeed in my transition back to Java development. My challenge lately has been to convince the people I'm working with now that: (1) I am intelligent; (2) I am competant; and (3) I just have never worked with this particular application nor have I created the types of documentation they are requiring. I know I am intelligent and talented...I just am unsure if I will ever get others to believe this.

I have one more piece to add to the documentation...a data mapping diagram which I've never done...but am willing to tackle this task...once I get some assistance in configuring the software correctly - which hopefully will be early this morning.

Today is DH's b'day. We'll probably go out to dinner. The birthday meal he really wants is a yummy spaghetti and homemade meatballs dinner...which I'll make this weekend.

As for the evenings this week, I need to take my car to get the emissions tested tonight so I can register it. And I also want to add some mulch to my veggie garden to improve the soil so I can plant my veggies. Another thing I have to do this week is get all my personal documents in place and ready for the future.

Annie - Thanks so much for the offer to come and help!! We would love to have you and C come for a visit. DH just wants to wait until he's feeling better and doesn't have to lay around most of the day. Summerfest (the 11 day music festival at the end of June/early July) is a fun time to visit Milwaukee; as are Festa Italiana in mid-July and Irish Fest in mid-August. Wisconsin State Fair in early August is also fun. Heck, there's ALWAYS something fun to do in Milwaukee during the summer. And, I'm hoping to throw myself a 50th birthday party (probably on Saturday, September 8 - even though my b'day is the 9th). I haven't talked to DH yet...and it's assuming of course that he feels well enough by then for a party. Safe travels to Louisville. Learn lots at training this week...and relax in the heated pool after class! Text me or call me if you get bored.

Mel - An old-fashioned chin wag with you sounds like a great way to spend the day! Good for you for putting the sign on the door. Good for you for making all the lists and forms for the workmen!

Happy - I showed DH the photo of the groundhog. He would like all the critters in the yard...as long as they could outrun the dogs. Maybe it would be better if we only had critters in the front yard! Last night, we had another swarm of June bugs by the back patio door! Ugh! I hate those things! DMIL doesn't like our bug zapper light, so we've been keeping it unplugged, but last night we had to plug it back in because I literally couldn't open the door to let the dogs out without the June bugs trying to fly in the house! So we moved the bug zapper away from DMIL's view, and she was okay with that. I don't know why they call the freakin' things JUNE bugs, they started showing up in April this year!!

Ceejay - I hope you have another good day! And I hope your cousin is doing better.

Laura - Do you ever go to concerts at Ravinia? Some of the shows look good and I've heard that they allow you to bring food, beverages, lawn chairs, etc. when you get lawn seats. DH and I want to see a concert there one of these days.

Well, not much else to add. I'll try and check in later.

Much love and hugs to all my Worldly sistas,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #122  

Height: 5'5"

Hello to all my worldy friends. I'm back. I am juming back on this bandwagon with both feet. Will be starting slowly this week since DH is on vacation. Will work on writing down my food for this week and next I will start to cut out calories and work in some exercise.

I am soo tired of my clothes not fitting correctly, and feeling poorly about myself. I spoke to my doctor about it and we are moving forward.

So, I just wanted to poke my head in and say "hi" I will read back to see what's been going on with everyone. Much luv to everyone!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #123  

Morning all. Another lovely sunny day here. Too bad I'm indoors.

Mel - Glad you're going to have a relaxing day. Great idea to compile all the "need to know" type stuff on forms/checklists. I'm sure once you get going there will be a lot of info - you are such a font of wisdom/experience. Re the wine tour via bike - I guess I'll find out if I can drink and pedal, LOL.

Annie - Enjoy the change of pace this week.

Michelle - I did get an appt with the new eye doc for Friday, which is a vacation day for me. It's the first day of our village-wide garage sale and so I might hit some sales in the AM. The appt is early afternoon.

Ceejay - Any specific plans being made for your family reunion in the Smokey Mts? You must be looking forward to it. I took a rest from exercise last night - my calves were really sore from Sunday's workout. Still feel it today!

Happy - Are you keeping a journal of all the wildlife you've spotted from your window or deck? What a variety! I love the way the groundhog is just draped over that rock edging. All the talk of hummingbirds on the thread lately, and I never see them in our area. I once saw one down in Indiana, otherwise I only saw them in San Diego. Oh, the tour is called Tour de Grape, hahaha. Should be fun.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!
===
Let's see... As I mentioned to Michelle, I did get my eye doc appt. Timing is such that I ignored the emails from my flex spending account and it's now suspended because we need to send the detail on bf's crown. Guess I'll have to pay the eye doc out of pocket and then submit the paperwork to get reimbursed. Boo.

I just ran out of teabags at work, which is a mixed blessing. I was disappointed in them and wouldn't buy them again, but now I'm out, and what the office supplies - not my "cup of tea" yuk yuk. I have a couple other kinds at home to use up, but they are just "alright". Debating whether I'll seek out a variety of Twinings that I want to try, or order from a tea site I recently discovered. I might just go to Meiers to see what they have. I normally don't shop there because it's not convenient and because it's so ginormous and I hate their parking lot, but I have to give them props on their wide selection of groceries. They also sell a brand of tea called Red Rose, which we like for iced tea. Might pick up a box of that while I'm there.

Turns out the boss is out for the rest of the week, and the admin is still out too, so it'll be nice and quiet here.

I think that's about it for me. TTFN!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning

Welcome back Ellen--You have been missed.

Laura
I'm not sure what my neices have planned when we get to the Smokey MTs. Yes I'm looking forward to it. Speaking of eye doctor's I need an appointment myself.

Mel
You'll be busy compiling all the necessary stuff. It's a great idea.

Happy, Michelle and Annie Have a good day.

My day is quiet so far. A water main cut yesterday by accident. I lost a bit of water out of one of the tanks. It's hard to refill that tank but I'm working on it.

It's a beautiful day too bad I'm on the inside.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #125  

Two sneaker-inners today!!

Michelle - Happy Birthday to your dh!! Have a wonderful dinner tonight. You know, I didn't grow up in a meatball-eating family, and though dh's family is Italian on his father's side, they didn't eat them much either. I think that's something I'll have to make sometime - not just the frozen ones you throw in the crockpot with jam and bbq sauce for a party appetizer, LOL. Good luck with work - it's been a big challenge for you lately, to say the least. But I know you're up to it!! Re Ravinia - yes, we go occasionally. My employer is a sponsor and so we get offered discount pavilion tickets. This year we bought tickets to a Sara Maclachlan concert (bf likes her). The only issue is ordering them through work is very iffy, depending on demand, so if you really wanted to be ensured of getting pavilion tickets, you'd need to just buy them the usual way. I still don't even know if we're getting these ticket, and I think I placed the order in March... Yes, what's really nice about Ravinia is that you bring in whatever you want and set up on the lawn, and it's a lovely setting. It's very laid back and relaxing. Even if you have pavilion tickets, you can set up on the lawn and run in and out between songs/sets. Not too far for you, since it's up north!

Welcome back Ellen - good to "see" you! I totally get the struggle to get on the right path and stay there!! I've been trying to log my food - that's what has helped me in the past. Tedious, but helpful (and eye-opening). Don't be a stranger!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #126  

Okay, there were three sneaker-inners, not two.

Ceejay - Hope you've got things under control re the water main break and filling the tank up.

I went out at lunch and ate outside. It's sunny and warm, but windy as heck. Now my eyes are all watery and I've got the occasional sneeze. I didn't wear my contact lenses today because my eyes were watery when I woke up this morning, and besides, I have to conserve this last pair of lenses until I get new ones!

That's all for now!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #127  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

QUICK NOTE.
CLEANING AND WASHING.
ALARM MEN ARE COMING FIRST THING TOMORROW.
CANNOT BELIEVE WE HAD ALMOST NO NOTICE.
TENANTS ARE PO'ED.
"DON'T CALL ME....CALL THE OFFICE"
LOTS TO DO.
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:47 AM   #128  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

Sorry, having a bit of a hard time at work lately. Nothing new, it's getting to the pointy end of the project and everyone is feeling it. Have to keep coming up with jokes to get over the bad tempers. Added to that I haven't been able to put in any data for my courses next week so will be flat stack busy tomorrow and Friday to get the stuff in.

Sounds like everyone is busy as well.

Welcome back Upswife. Nice to see you again.

Michelle - happy birthday to the DH. Hope he has a wonderful day.

I'll be back in the morning to continue the personals. I am working from home tomorrow - so will be able to spend some more time on line. Haven't even had much of a peek at facebook for a couple of days.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning
Quick one for me too as the guys are outside tearing apart the areator for maintenance., which consist of a good washing down. It will take all day and probably part of tomorrow. What a gigantic mess!

Shad
Hang in there.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #130  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning kids,

Having a bit of a problem with our internet the last few days. They say too many customers are on the network and they are moving them to a second line but I think it's a line alright - a line of bunk since there is no consistency or improvement. This is why I think you need competition in business, when you only have one choice you have little ... well ... choice and are stuck with what you have.

I picked up the rest of my garden plants and a few flowers yesterday. And then of course we immediately got a freeze warning last night. Covered the flowers with plastic and put the vegetables into the garage. I hope I don't have more vegetable plants that I have room in the garden beds. Now that I see them built, I think we could have used more or bigger beds. It looks smaller because we have a wide berth between the beds and the fence, not only for easy of working the beds, but also so things don't grow near to or through the fence to tempt the hungry wildlife. I have 6 varieties of tomatoes - want to see what comes in and what grows best here. I usually prefer the beefsteak tomatoes but they are 90 days to fruit which bumps us right up to the end of August and nights will really start to cool in September which means hoards of green tomatoes instead of red ones. Also got 2 grape tomato plants as I like those 2. Besides that we have cucumbers, red and green bell peppers, sugar snap peas, celery, radishes. Not sure I will have room for the sweet corn but they are seeds so will keep to next year if needed. Same with the green garden peas. I have this short stubby sweet hybrid carrot I want to try if I can convince DH to build me a small box with sandy soil in it. And I have an entire herb garden - dill, tarragon, rosemary, parsley, Italian sweet basil, cilantro, chives which I will probably grow in pots on the deck I can move into the house for the winter.

Now I just need time to plant all this. I am satisfied at the pace I am cleaning. Got some storage boxes for extra stuff like shampoos and haircare stuff so that allows me to store some extras neatly. DH does not think I will finish everything in time as this is the kind of cleaning that makes a mess before it is all straightened up, but I think I'm doing ok. Today I am going to get my hair colored and will stop afterwards at the laundromat to wash some big bedding. I have a huge capacity washer with no agitator in it but I still can't fit the twin extra long comforters in it (one at a time) so off to the laundromat. I want to wash some throw rugs too.

Sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy.

Shad - I hope you can get what you need to done without tearing your hair out. At least you can step away and finish up at home although it sounds like you will be putting in very long days to make sense of it all.

Mel - good luck with the inspections. I'm glad you figured out a way to turn over some of the office duties. Documentation is good, let them make notes along the way. Then you can tell them the old standard "RTFM".

Michelle - my heart goes out to you with the work situation I know how you feel. Keep you head up, don't let it get to you. Happy Birthday to DH - I think he made a good choice on the spaghetti and meatballs. Junebugs ack@!!!!! I HATE those things more than the buzzing flies out here. I'm sure they are making their way up north. And yes, they no longer come out in June, probably thanks to global warming and such.

Annie - have safe travels to your conference.

Welcome back Ellen - you have lots of company here on the let's lose some weight boat

Laura - your talk of Ravinia made me look up the schedule. Lots of interesting concerts there although some I'd like to see sold out. Part of that bugs me - I think scalpers buy up the tickets and then try to sell them for outrageously inflated prices on the aftermarket. Tried to see James Taylor in Memphis - could not get tickets the day they went on sale but there were tons of tickets on the Tickets Now site at twice the face price and more than that. My neighbor next to me in AH claimed he had hummingbirds but I'm not so sure since he was a biker dude who had a feeder made out of a beer can but if we have them up here, you must have them out there. Problem is, you have to put out a feeder and wait a long time for them to find it. I hear they live about 2 years and come back and frequent the places they find food at on their last run. And yes, through pictures and my infrequently updated blog and FB posts, I am sort of capturing a time line of the critter parade through here.

Ceejay - hope your day is not too hectic at work.

Gotta run get something in my tummy before I grab a shower and the laundry baskets. Have a good hump day chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #131  

Morning all. Everyone sounds busy. I had a meeting this morning cancelled, and I don't mind at all. I have a project due at the end of the month, but hope to finish quite a bit earlier just to get it done and start work on another project.

I also want to find some time to get my workspace cleared. People who stop by are surprised by the amount of paper. Honestly, I know where everything is...and most of it isn't just random piles of paper, it's paper in file folders, labeled by project. Anyway, I don't like the reactions, so I will get it cleared. I do have file drawers...I just like having stuff visible & within easy reach...I do need to purge some files - it's just more comfortable for me to keep it until I know for sure I don't need it and then I have no hesitation tossing it...but it would be nice to have a clear surface. BTW, the boss's office is 100 times worse than mine, LOL.

Yesterday after work I did a BE workout, actually one plus part of another. Worked triceps, biceps, quads, outer thighs, deltoids, back & abs. There was a calf routine in one of the shows that I skipped because my poor calves are still sore from Sunday!!

Bf worked on my commuter bike - he straightened my front wheel and replaced the brake cables. Tonight he will replace the gearshift cables.

Put the T-shirt on doggy because we got some T-storms last night. He did well, but it was also a short and not very severe storm, thankfully!

That's about it for me. TTFN!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #132  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Laura - I am like you - lots of paper on the desk, neatly arranged and I know where everything is. I am a pile person. A pile person should never be forced to organize. My manager was one of those who liked a totally clean and spotless desk "a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind" type. Once I put things into folders in desk drawers, I wasted alot of time looking for something that I could have otherwise found in 2 seconds on the top of my desk. I kind of think that if your desk is too clean it looks like you have nothing to do (which was very true of many people who had spotless desks). I think if people walk into your cube with horror and trepidation that a giant pile of paper may fall over on them and crush them , then it's time to clean up

Enjoy your unexpected free time from the cancelled meeting. Next to vacation and holidays, there's almost no joy quite like finding out a meeting was cancelled (unless it was one YOU needed info from )

Last edited by happy2bme; 05-16-2012 at 12:04 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #133  

Height: 5'5"

Good evening everyone. Not the best start to this weight loss, but starting when DH is on vacation is harder than normal. Esp when the Doctor gave him the go ahead to eat whatever he wants b4 his test on Friday. But I am writing it all down and trying to keep track. I need to really start the counting calories next week and work in some exercise. I have to accept when I keep telling everyone else. “take it one day at a time” I guess for me it should be “one meal” at a time.

Ok, here is my stab at personals:

Shad~~OMG you’re going to be a grandma!!! I am so excited for you. On the other side sorry work is still so stressful. Good luck pulling together all the doco that you need for this class.

Michelle~~Sorry to hear that hubby is sick and you are having Job issues as well. I hope the pin heads realize what a hard worker you are and keep you on, OR that you get a fabulous offer from the other company.

Laura~~happy organizing. I always have a bunch lying around, but then I know where it is. When I put it all away then I have to go searching for it all. My parents have a thunder shirt for their dog and he will wear it all the time and Mom said it has really helped with his anxiety during storms. Fortunately for mom the dog WILL not go out when it is wet, so they have not had to cross that bridge about “folding it up”.

Happy~~I assume from your posts that you and DH have made the move. I’m so happy for you, the way you described that place before made it sound like heaven on earth. It still sounds beautiful even with the parade of critters. I hope you have enough room, but it might be better to start smaller incase the critters do get thru the fence.

Ceejay~~Hope work is going well and you were able to prove you did not mess up the other day at work. Good thing about taking notes, they can save your rear end from time to time.

Mel~~so nice to see you!! When I left the last time you were just getting over being really sick. I hope you are able to get the cat scan needed for your arm. I hate dealing with Docs and ins, I would rather just sit at home sick or in pain sometimes!!

Annie~~Congrats on the new grand baby!!! And did I read right??? Are there going to be weeding bells in your future?? You are like a woman possessed with that garden, I can only imagine how sore you are. Removing sod is a lot of work!! Holy cow!!

Ok, well the last year has been pretty normal. The Kids are now DS 12yr, DD1 10yr, DD2 9yr and DD3 is 3.5 yrs. I am still with the same company but we underwent some changes in the last 6 months. Integrated to a new database that was incomplete, so that made things crazy for a few months. I just pointed out to our “new” boss that the owner pd to have this better database installed and we are not using it to it’s full potential. From my end we are not even scratching the surface. The other thing complicating work is we combined all the aspects of our call center into 2 main roles: customer service and sales. I got talked into Sales (more commission based) but so far I am happy with it. For being only 30 hrs a week I am staying competitive with the full timers. DH is still with UPS, but still under a very micro controlling boss, so that adds a special amount of stress to him and a little runs down to me. I worry that this guy will run DH into the ground one day.
Now that I have written a bible I have got to go.Have to heat up the kids dinner before I run out to have coffee with an old friend!!

Last edited by upswife; 05-16-2012 at 06:52 PM.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #134  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SORRY THIS IS ANOTHER QUICK POST.
I'LL BE BACK SATURDAY OR SUNDAY TO POST PERSONALS AFTER I READ.
RIGHT NOW THINGS ARE A FRASSING MESS AND THE BLDG IS IN TROUBLE.
I JUST CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN AND NOT HELP OUT.
SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE AND IT'S GOING TO BE SHOPPING & THE COMPUTER.
JUST TILL THE WEEKEND. I THINK THE WORST WILL BE OVER BY THEN.
JKEN & RICHIE ARE DOING THE COOKING & THE SHOPPING.
I Am taking friday afternoon off and giving jen the phone.
the big boss said it's the least he can do.
i am determined to speak with shaddie if it kills me!
and that is just what i told him too.
oh crap....i lost my caps!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM TAKING NOTES OF EVERYTHING I HAVE INSIDE MY HEAD AND MAKING 2 COPIES.
ONE FOR MY IMMEDIATE BOSS AND ANOTHER FOR A LOOSELEAF I BEGAN AND NEVER FINISHED.
MY HEAD IS FILLED WITH BUILDING INFO THAT SOME OTHER'S DON'T EVEN KNOW.
THEY STILL DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO EXTRACT A PERSON POUT OF A DISABLED ELEVATOR

THAT IS ONLY ONE EXAMPLE AND NOT EVEN TE TIP OF THE ICEBERG
SO IT'S TIME FOR ME TO FINISH THE "HANDBOOK" AND BEGIN THE REAL JOB OF UNBURDENING MYSELF OF THIS MESS AND PUT THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. IT'S TIME.
I COULD JUST SIT HERE AND CRY BUT THEN I CAN'T BREATHE!
THIS IS THE HRDEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD TO DO.
GETTING A DIVORCE WAS EASIER THAN B REAKING THESE TIES.
OK....OFF TO THE SHOWER AND THEN SOME QUIET TV. NOTE IS ON THE DOOR. DON'T BOTHER ME TILL THIS MESS IS OVER. LOL
THE REINSPECTION IS NOT UNTIL JUNE 20 SO WE HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET EVERYTHING DONE. AND WE'RE GOING TO NEED IT BECAUSE THE HELP WE HAVE A RE CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE TO YOU ALL IN THE MEANTIME AND WILL CHECK BACK IN OVER THE WEEKEND.
OH....OH...... ONE GOOD THING FOR ME....THE BOSS IS GOING TO HAVE A MEDICAL ALERT BUTTON HOOKED UP TO THE ALARMS SYSTEM SO I CAN WEAR IT WHEN I LEAVE THE APARTMENT TO GO RUNNING AROUND TO THE TENANTS. HE'S TAKING NO CHANCES THAT I WILL BE ON THE FLOOR AGAIN WITH NO HELP!! THE BLDG IS PICKING UP THE TAB FOR INSTALLATION AND THE MONTHLY FEE.

SHAD......MY FRIDAY ARVO THE PHONE WILL BE TURNED ON, I WILL HAVE FOOD AND DRINK READY AND THE DOORBELL SILENCED!!!!!! sSEE YOU THEN!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #135  

Morning all.

Mel - I'm so sorry things are so bad in your building. What a disgrace that the management lets this happen. Honestly, in any organization everyone has their primary duties, but preparations have to be made so that responsibilities can be met if someone gets hit by a bus, retires or is abducted by aliens. I know you care about this building and its tenants, but please don't overdo it the next couple days. I'd hate to see you wear yourself down and get sick! You're a good person for doing what you're doing, and I hope you get a chance to continue with documenting all the important stuff, and like Happy said, then you can tell them to RTFM, LOL.

Ellen - One meal, even one bite at time is about the jist of it. I'm trying to be very mindful of my eating too, and I'm tracking my calories. You certainly have your hands full with job and family, and that must make it so much more difficult to fit in time for you!! Just take a deep breath and know it can be done - not quickly or easily, but it can be done.

Happy - Nope, cube being too clean and not having anything to do definitely do not apply to me! I suppose now that so much is on the computer, that could be a case against having all this paper around, but in many cases the paper is closer at hand than the computer file, and I often prefer to read off a hard copy anyway. That said, I still did some file purging and shifting yesterday while I was listening to a webinar. Your garden sounds like it'll be fantastic - it'll be a big change from what you did down South. I'm sure you've got things clean and comfy and well-stocked for your family. As for the tidy and organized part, don't let anyone give you any guff - just tell them you're retired and that you'll get around to it!!

Ceejay - is the aerator project done now?

Shad - I hope you're keeping the jokes coming - crunch time is stressful!

Michelle - How was dh's b-day dinner?

Annie - Hope the training is going well and you've gotten to enjoy the hotel pool!

Patty - How was the Mother's Day bbq??

Hi Java!
--
Ho-hum. Nothing much to report. Was quiet here this week with the boss and the admin out. The admin came back today. Our office has now decided to also close tomorrow (Friday) as well as Monday due to the NATO circus. Doesn't mean much to me since I'm taking a vacation day. I'm sure many people are thinking "Thank goodness we didn't win the Olympic Bid!"

I checked out Walgreens for tea yesterday, but they had a small selection of the usual. CVS had more - mostly the same ole stuff - though they did have a variety called PG Tips, which the package claims is "England's No. 1 Tea". I bought it and don't care for it. Definitely stronger, which I like, but with a harsher flavor. I might take it home and use it with the chai spice blend I bought at Pike Place Mkt in Seattle. Just put the box in my backpack.

Went with doggy for a walk after work. What nice weather we've had this week. Didn't exercise last night - I was tired and sore from my workout the night before, and I think I'm also tired from lugging around my laptop. It weighs 4.8 pounds (I looked it up), and along with all the other crap I'm carrying around, I'm feeling it. I spilled something on my usual nylon purse, so instead I've been carrying a leather bag and it's heavy too. I really like the lightness of the two nylon purses I have, but I'm ready for something that's more stylish. I do, however, need a lot of pockets to keep me organized. So, another thing to add to the shopping list, along with the sunglasses, wallet (yes, still using the clearance wallet; it's flattened a bit with use, but the leather is still stiff), earbud cord wrapper, and clothes.

That's about it for me. Better get back to work. My Friday - whoohoo!

Last edited by Laura705; 05-17-2012 at 10:25 AM.