Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #271  

Cyan, thanks!! I needed that
Old 12-08-2002, 10:51 AM   #272  

wow Miki! I have no room to say anything to you. I've been horrible all week long! I know it's because I was sick and didn't work out. But...let's take a deep breath and get ready for another week. Tomorrow is Monday and I'm at the gym at 9am. I can't wait to sweat sweat sweat!

guess what girls!! Yesterday I went to the open house of the new YMCA here in town. It's the 4th one here in Wichita. It was AWESOME!! My 13 year old sister in law and I went. They gave us a personal tour. There's a climbing wall right when you walk in with 1200 square feet of climbing space!!! The pool was so amazing...and next to the pool was a 3 lane Olympic length pool for laps. They are still working on the outdoor wave pool! They had 6 class studios for all the aerobic classes!!! oh, and the workout machines were awesome!!! My gym membership runs out at the end of this month so I'm going to apply for the financial assistance at the YMCA (so I can afford it!). I really want to go!!! With a membership, you get 12 weeks of personal training!!! I fell asleep dreaming about it last night!

Okay, where is everyone? We're missing Annie, Lady Rider (I know she went out of town) Cjunk,...who else are we missing? It's starting to feel empty in here.

So, where is this chat room? I haven't see it. I'll look for it.

I"ll check in tomorrow as it is the beginning of a healthy week.

Lisa
Old 12-08-2002, 11:15 AM   #273  

Post My oh My....

...you all are contagious My Sunday didn't go much better than my Saturday. No breakfast, running around before church and then the baby decided he needed a bottle 30min. before church started. So nothing. Lunch was rice/meat/tofu/veggies/store bought green tea. Dinner--one chicken leg and 3slices of pizza (we do have Domino's here, the only pizza place in our entire county!!!) but I had a diet pepsi Didn't exercise, and it's midnight and haven't quite finished my water yet.
Oh, well, 5 good days out of 7 ain't bad I guess. Just gotta be extra good this week I think I can I think I can. My problem is not preparing stuff and putting it in the fridge. So when this type of "I'm hungry what are we doing for dinner/lunch" type of thing happens, I don't go overboard.
Lisa, I just wish they had a gym here. Man, that YMCA sounds wonderful, absolutely wonderful. You are so lucky!!! We better see e-mails about you sweatin' at the YMCA!!
Well, off to bed. I am sure Josiah (my 5.5month old) is going to be up at 5am. I think he's going through a growth spurt cause he can put down 10oz of formula, with rice cereal in it, at 10pm and then still take another 6.5oz bottle at 5am. Sometimes he sleeps all the way til 8am(which I like), but recently it's at least 5am ,sometimes early but not usually later. Plus my big baby (my 37yr old husband) is already in bed, he's not feeling well. Aren't men worse than baby's when they are sick? They seem totally helpless, can't do a thing (though he can go play basketball). If mommy were sick she still is expected to take care of everybody. So tell people I have 3 kids, 37yr old, 4.4yr old and 5.5 month old. Ahhhhhhhh!! Never a dull moment at our house.
Ok, really getting off. Ready to jump back into things tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:30 PM   #274  

Good morning,

This weekend has been blah! I haven't been wanting to do anything. Been having to make myslef get up and exercise. In the ned I always feel better but it's the getting to it part. My eating has been good except for having the munchies but I'm doing good haven't grabbed anything fattening.

Lisa you're doing good making it to the gym while you're sick. I know those are the hardest days for me. The Y sounds great. I'm going to find a gym or Y at the first of the year.

Cyan your feast sounded very good. I love flan!

Taiwan the next few weeks for me are going to be hetic too. Between work, programs, and last minute shopping I hope I survive. We put up decorations this week, it was freezing outside. Decided we need more lights outside so that's another day in the cold but I love it. I'm having trouble with water too and I was doing soooo good with. Whenever I'm wanting something other than water I grab a glass of water first then by the time I finish the water I drink very little of what I wanted. The bad news is lately I haven't been wanting anything to drink. So I only have maybe two glasses of water.

Mikki hang in there! Whenever I want to over eat or eat something I have no business I just member my side view picture and that usually puts and end to it. It's hard not to eat around the holidays. I see holidays as family and eating. Chat sound great count me in and I'll do my best to make it.

We can and will get through the holidays together.

Last edited by PreciousOne; 12-08-2002 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:34 PM   #275  
I will make it!

Talking Happy Sunday Girls

It's bright and sunny out there today...I love sunny days in winter...it means its cold but at least its bright.

Lisa, its sounds amazing your new YMCA....I do hope you join and make the most of it. How is your GB...did you get back the results? You always inspire me to work out with all the aerobics you do

Miki, I hope you are strong today and that you get back to your program...I know its tough with kids and a husband who sometimes forget your health journey and demand foods you are not eating...I know its tough...but you can do it...you have to...you want to be healthy, sexy and beautiful...right? right!

Hey Taiwan, how are you finding FitDay...I love that program...really works for me. I didnt realize how many calories I was eating before until I started using FitDay...I was like on average 1800 and above...daily

Its still hard for me to control my food intake....I get hungry fast, especially if its under 1500 cals...I can do it if I am sick or for just one day or two if I am too busy...but most times, its in between 1500 and 1700 before exercising....sigh! But slowly and surely, I am cutting back...I already have from before my health journey!

Well ladies, have a great Sunday and I will check in tomorrow...ack Monday! but I will have a two week holiday starting dec 21st to jan 5th...yay! The holiday season is here...I love christmas!

See you all later and be strong and stay motivated.

Big hug to everyone

Cyan
ps Cjunk, PreciousOne, Reina-Mia, Annie, and LadyRider I hope you are all well and having fun....and come post as soon as you get the chance. Annie I hope you are well and in a good place in your mind and heart...I send you all lots of good energy.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:16 PM   #276  

I only have a minute but did want to let ya'll know today was somewhat better. My 13 yr old son, my niece and I went shopping at the mall. Walked around for about 4 hours. For lunch, we had bourbon chicken with a side order of fried rice. ( no seconds )I drank water with it. On the way home, they wanted to stop for something to drink. One got Cherry Coke, the other got an Orange cream slush. I got a bottle of water. Didnt plan on eating anything else to make up for the weekend, but tonite the rest of the family was having chili which I made before we left this morning so I had a bowl also. ( just one ) I was feeling bad about not exercising because my feet are about to fall off after walking so much then I realized, Hey..walking around the mall is still walking! lol So I dont feel quite as guilty about that now. Anyway, didnt want ya'll to think I was still on my binge. Tomorrow will be even better..I just know it! Thanks for all the encouraging words AND for the kick in the butt!! I needed ALL of it! Ballgame tomorrow but see ya Tues nite I hope. Have a good Monday everyone!
MIKI
Old 12-09-2002, 09:59 AM   #277  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Here in Montreal, its very cold this morning....and its monday...wish i was tucked away in my bed instead of at work infront of a computer...oh well, such is life.

Yesterday I went for chinese buffet...yikes But it wasnt that bad...I ate one main plate..and boy was it vert tasty...hmmm...love food...anyway, my cals for the day totalled..to the best of my abilities 1921 with 99 grams of fat...oh dear..I guess this is bad now that I have written it up here...on the good side, I exercised for 35 mnutes and burned off 360 cals for a distance of 9.5km for a final total of 1561.

Miki I calculated how much 4 hours of walking was at a slow to moderate pace from FitDay and it turned out to be 510 cals burned So you go girl...kudos to you....what a strong come back from all that binging...remember...dont starve yourself cause your body will then go into starvation mode and keep all and any cals for fat storage...so keep eating..keep making wise choices and keep exercising...whatever it is.

Well girls, have a wonderful monday and come here and post...I miss you guys

Big hug
Cyan
Old 12-09-2002, 10:34 AM   #278  

Default Happy Monday All

Sorry I fell off the radar this weekend, it was way to stressful to even look at my computer. Family problems just seem to keep popping up..

Cyan,
Keep warm on this cold day. It was so hard for me to keep warm last week. I just kept thinking of eating warm foods to stay warm. That is so hard.
Cyan, I hope you have more cans of that "cyber kick you in your the butt" . Those were some good words, and it made me even want to straighten up. THis is why I love this group.

Miki, I am glad these ladies kept you on your toes. Sorry I was unavailable to give you some words of encouragement, but Cyan did a great job to help you. But you have the right attitude of Tomorrow is another day and you get stronger as the days go by.

Lisa, sounds like the YMCA is definitely something for you. What do they run in cost for you. Ours here in Chicago run would run me $129-$139 a month. I don't think that is realistic for me. But having access to a pool and personal trainer, WOW...

I read somewhere about the chat room. I would love to meet up there. Let me know if anyone decides to do this.

Ok, now I have to gloat about my tremendous will power on Saturday night. It was about 11:30 at night and my husband and I were on our way back home. When he decides that he is craving a donut. So where does he take me. KRISPY KREMES???
Does everyone know the krispy kreme dangers???
Well, not only did he stop and order a 1/2 doz. He pulled over and decided to eat one, but he did apologize for having to do this, because he knew how hard it was for me to see that, but he just needed the sugar fix. But I stood strong and didn't fold and I didn't eat ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to say even though I was completely stressed out this weekend, I really didn't overeat nor did I eat anything that I was supposed to eat. So I think overall with the stress and extra food in front of me, I think I did good.

Have a blessed Monday and a big
Old 12-09-2002, 11:15 AM   #279  
I will make it!

Smile yay Reina_Mia

I quickly popped back in here and I just read your post Reina...and you are the queen of determination...you totally rock girl...to resist Krispy Kremes is to resist the devil and all of his charms.... Simply Amazing...especially with the easy excuse of "its the holidays!" You inspire me to be better during my moments of weekness! And good for you for recognizing the will power it took to pass up on delicious donuts...yum!

And whenever you need a cyber kick to your butt, let me know cause I'll rev up the ole virtual foot ...I feel that at this point in time in our life, this healthy journey is too important...we must be strong, we much love ourselves enough to want this..to be healthy for us and for our families, to feel sexy, to look good in clothes, we only live once...this is in our power to do this...we can do this

Cyan
Old 12-09-2002, 12:59 PM   #280  

Thumbs down I hate food....I love food...

Good morning ladies. I'm here to confess and to come clean. You all know last week, I was terrible. I was sick, I didn't go to the gym as much I should have and I ate and ate and ate. I didn't even pay attention to what I was stuffing in my mouth. Remember when I went to the doctor and they weighed me and I was down like 17 pounds from what I weighed in August? Well, for some reason, I think that made me eat?! What is up with that? It made me feel that I was in control and doing well and so I started eating what I wanted. But when I gain weight, that makes me eat too!? I am my own worst enemy! I guess I got myself into this and only I can get myself out. WITH YOUR HELP OF COURSE! So, I weighed myself at the gym this morning I have gained 5 pounds!!! That's how out of control I got last week!!!

Okay, so today I'm off to a new start! I had a slim fast for breakfast and then I went to the gym for 1hour and 15 minutes of Cardio Combat. I even put risers on my step!! I then went to the Dollar Store and I was starving and all the candy was screaming at me to buy them. I bought a beautiful Christmas Table runner and some Christmas Tins to give some Christmas goodies to people. I came home and made my son a peanut butter and jelly, which really looked good, but I made myself a Boca Burger (have you tried those! YUMMY!) and some sauteed zuchinni. I did have diet dr pepper, but I have already had 24 oz of water today. I took my multivitamin this morning also! While I was doing walking lunges around the gym this morning I was thinking of putting myself on a week long challenge for this week, to get me on track. So, I am at 187 right now (by the gym scale) and by Saturday I would like to be at 185. I also have to go to the gym everyday, including Saturday and I have to drink all my water everyday. I'm also going to start being more strict with my weight watcher points. I get 27 points a day. So that is my challenge and I posted it here for you guys so I have to be accountable!! I really need your support and I really really want the cyber kick to my butt if I screw up!!!! From ALL of you!!!

Reina Mia, the YMCA is 49.99 a month for a family membership and $10 a month for one child to go to the nursery $15 for a family with more than one kid who will be in the nursery. For one adult it's $37 plus the nursery fee. I can't believe it's that expensive in Chicago! They have financial assistance because there's a policy that they won't keep people from having a memberhsip just because they can't afford to pay. I'm going to try to get a discount since I'm in school, we have two kids and I don't work. We'll see. Now, about Krispy Kreme... How in the world did you resist??? You are an inspiration to me for sure. I couldn't have resisted! You know what's really funny?? At the YMCA open house, they were giving out Krispy Kreme dougnuts! Of course....I had one

MikiG, we miss you when you are gone!!! Are these ball games ever going to end?! LOL

Cyan, You are AWESOME!! You really are so cool. I really appreciate the way you look after all of us and motivate us. Don't ever leave!! My gallbladder sono was normal, which is frustrating. I've had some pain today, but it goes away after I eat. Maybe it's not my gallbladder...I don't know. Luckily, it's not normally severe pain. It's an annoying dull, hollow, ache on the right upper side of my abdomen..right underneath my ribs. I don't know what to do now. Should I go back to the doctor or should I just learn to deal with it??? It doesn't happen everyday...maybe once or twice a week...sometimes more...sometimes less. I would really appreciate advice on this matter.

Precious One, how are you doing? I hope your week has gotten off to a great start!

Isn't LadyRider supposed to be back now? I hope she had a great trip, but she needs to get back in here!!!
And Cjunk just seemed to fall off the face of the earth. I miss her and Annie too.

Taiwan, Hope to hear how your week has started out. Your a whole day ahead of us I think!

Well, I hope we can meet in the chat sometime. That would be so much fun!!!
See y'all later!!
Lisa
Old 12-09-2002, 01:24 PM   #281  
I will make it!

Smile For Lisa

First of all...Lisa, you are very brave to come clean...especially since you know the cyber foot is reving up for you and ...here comes the kick....pow! Ok, lets move on...I can tell my your post that you are well aware of what you did wrong so I wont rehash all that. I will however focus on the part where you said you started eating when you found out you had lost weight...Why did you sabotage yourself that way? Are you afraid of something...to actually look and feel good? Also, when you knew you gained...you gave yourself persmission to continue gaining...STOP THAT! You did not give permission to yourself to gain weight...you are too important to allow to...you have worked too hard...you go to the gym so often, why would you throw away all that effort and money...why? Okay, So you had a slip up, but you are well aware of it and now you are back on track...stay there
Glad to hear your sono was normal...I would probably ask your doctor what else can be done for the pain, maybe other tests for other parts of your body that are around that area! I think we need LadyRider to help us here! So I hold you to this challenge you are on....to exercise, to eat right and to lose 2 pounds...good luck.

Its looks like we have all been lazy and off track...all these posts about our indiscretions...no more, we are back on track, we will not gain weight, we will lose weight, we will exercise, we will eat right, we will feel good about ourselves, we are worth it...now repeat after me...again!

Okay, gotta get back to work

bye
Cyan
Old 12-09-2002, 01:47 PM   #282  

Thanks Cyan! I needed that!!!
Lisa
Old 12-09-2002, 07:42 PM   #283  

Hi everyone, I'll let you know a little about myself. I currently weigh 140 and am 5 foot 3. I would like to lose 30 pounds in about 4 months. I never had a weight problem until I got married and had kids. My plan of action is to try to change my eating habits instead of counting calories. I try to drink more water, eat more vegetables and replace potato chips with healthier snacks. I started eating the peeled and washed carrot sticks with hummus as a snack food. I am also trying to keep a food journal and to "think" before eating. I am keeping busy with hobbies--- watercolor painting, decorating the house and I love to go to antique auctions and garage sales. In addition, my two boys, Jimmy 7 and Jake 4 keep me very busy. As far as exercise I would like to start a yoga class and maybe increase my walking during the day. I have never been good about going to gyms. Once again my new year resolution will be to eat less and exercise more. I have to go now and get my sons ready for bed. I'll try to post again later this evening after they are asleep.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:55 PM   #284  

Angry Here I am

Well, I can't remember the last time I posted. You all talk about one day and I'm already finished with it, it gets confusing

Sunday was, not so good, but could've been worse I guess. Didn't exercise the entire weekend and felt totally bad about it. It has become a habit, so not walking twice is kinda like weird.

Monday, I tried my best. I had my breakfast drink and then took my son to buy breakfast (dh has him in a bad habit of not eating homemade stuff, so they go out and buy sandwiches here, a normal Chinese breakfast). DH was sick so I had to go and buy the breakfast. Well, what do I do???buy probably the worst thing on earth for me a piece of thick bread with chocalte spread boy was it good though. It was probably at least 500calories. Lunch, I had soup (70calories/cup) and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with "I Can't Believe It's not Butter" and my diet pepsi. Dinner, salad and tofu soup and diet pepsi.

I did have one banana last night and before bed I had a hand full of cherry tomatoes (no fat in those right?)
I did walk for 30min (1mile) did abs/butt lifts and tried to march/jog in place for like 15min. So the abs/butt lifts were like 15min too. I probably burned off about 200calories. That makes me feel a little better.

Reina--wow!! I don't think I would've had the will power to pass up Krispy Kreme. You Go Girl Now that you've done it once, it will be easier next time and your dh probably thought he gotcha but you showed him (I know I hate it when it seems like dh "tries" to get me to eat something I shouldn't!!)

Lisa---hey, at least you only gained 5lbs and not 20lbs!!! Maybe you just needed a wake up call or something. Sounds like you have a good plan to get that weight off. Going to the gym and all will get that off fast. Go Lisa! Go Lisa!Go Lisa! Go Go Go

Cyan--hey you all see what I am dealing with living in Taiwan? all Chinese food!!!! It's a struggle alright. I admire you for exercising so much. Actually, I am trying to learn from you. Adding up your calories and then exercising and deducting that. What a great teacher you are!
Debee--you have a great plan. It's definetly not easy in the beginning, but this is a great group for support. Anytime you want to write and whatever about, we are all here for you.
MikiG--4hours of shopping!! I wish I could do that--sounds crazy I know. We don't even have a shopping mall here. We have one department store (not muchof anything though) and something similiar to WalMart I guess you could say. Christmas isn't even a recongized holiday here in Taiwan. But we let our kids (even fosterdaughters) take off of school and it's a special day for everyone. Have fun at all those games! Man, my parents only went to home games, never an away game.

Well, ladies, yes, I am writing this on my Tuesday morning. I have already had my breakfast drink and thinking about what to do for lunch as we usually go out. Gotta go get some fruit today and some veggies too. Any suggestions for snacks? I am thinking of purchasing a kickboxing workout DVD or something I can do at home as well as go walking. I just feel I need more exercise. Well, have a good night ladies.

"Don't the let the midnight munchies bite"

210/199/150
Old 12-09-2002, 10:46 PM   #285  

Hi all! Got home a little earlier than I expected so of course I had to run check in here. Stressful day today but I didnt eat because of it...yeahhh!

I didnt eat breakfast and then worked thru lunch so I could get off in time to get to Josh's ballgame on time. Well, about an hour before I was to leave, my mom called. She was keeping Luke, my youngest, because he wasnt feeling well this morning and didnt go to school. His temp was 104 degrees!!! Scared me to death!! So I left work and took off out there to check on him. Called the doctor and they said they would work him in. We were there FOREVER!! The doc said it was just a severe sinus infection. Anyway, after a huge shot of pennicillin, his fever was down to 101 or a little less so I took him back to my mom til my hubby got off work. I didnt want to miss Josh's game because for the first time, he was going to get to be a starter and I couldnt bear to think that my husband and I neither one would be there. I was really torn between staying with Luke who was sick and being with Josh for such an important game for him. So anyway, I decided with Luke feeling better, I'd go on to the game. I FLEW practically and got there just as the last buzzer went off. I wanted to cry!! I was already stressed from Luke's sickness then I missed Josh playing also. During all of this, there was never time to think of eating. On the way home, we went to a drive-thru, and I got a grilled chicken wrap. ( grilled chicken strip with lettuce, tomatoe, and lite ranch dressing wrapped in a flour tortilla). My calorie total for the day is less than 400 calories! ( dont worry, that part wasnt on purpose, and I wont go that low again, but hey, thats better than 4000!! lol )

Lisa, that was like reading about myself! I do the same thing...if I gain, I get depressed and eat...If I lose, I think, cool, now I can eat a little more! Crazy huh? It's just subconsciously that I think those things but I've noticed that's how it happens usually. Sounds like you're back on track now so that's all that counts. Dont look back!!

Cyan, thanks for figuring out how many caloried I burned walking thru the mall. Made me feel much better about not doing the AirWalker. No more excuses tho...after today, if I dont exercise on the AirWalker, you have permission to kick my butt once again! lol

Reina, sorry to hear you've had some family probs. I hope everything is working out for the best in whatever it is. I'm excited about the chat room too but I havent found a nite yet that I can get in there. Maybe Wed nite? No ballgames that nite. It's usually around 9 pm ( central ) when I get online. Way to go on resisting the donuts!!! WOW!

Hi Taiwan! I bet you do get confused with us having different days from you. lol You and I will have to get back into the exercise thing together! Let's make a deal...starting tomorrow we have to do at least some kind of exercise everyday for the rest of the week. Think we can do it?? As for a healthy snack, how about popcorn? Hardly any fat or calories at all. Do you have that in Taiwan?

Debee, welcome back. Sounds like you have a good plan worked out. Now all it takes is to implement the plan and stick with it. (Easier said than done as I've learned lately but it IS possible!! Just dont give up )

Well, I'm tired and have to get up early the next 2 mornings so I better go for now. It was great hearing from all of you!! G'nite!

MIKI
Closed Thread