Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 01:49 AM   #301  

Default Hi again ladies

Wow! Is all I can say for you Cyan. I just start drooling going past McDonald's and you went in, stood in line and left deciding to get something healthy. You go girl. My hero
Lisa, see that weight came off fast. It's a great feeling, really gets you going. Your soreness will go away if you keep it up. Good job. Can I ask what you are studying? But hey, a B on any exam is great. Wow! I can't imagine being a mother, wife and student. Though if I can get my dh through his Master's of Theology (kick his butt through is more like it, it's in English--not his native language so he is kinda scared, it's a correspondence course), then I will get one in counseling since we work with children and teenagers here. Man, are they reallly messed up.
MikiG glad your son is feeling better. This weather is something else. Well, it's cool and really windy here. My almost 6month old now has a stuffy nose--Robitussin to the rescue! My 4year old takes children's vitamins and if someone is sick or he starts sounding sick, I add a vitamin C to his routine. Plus, he drinks water, loves the stuff, won't touch any kind of soda.

Girls, about the Chinese food, I know, it's dangerous. I don't know much to tell you about what to eat and what not. Reina was right though, stick with the steamed veggies and/or soup. Actually though, most Americans wouldn't eat authentic Chinese food. When we go back to the states, it's hard to find a place that serves real Chinese food. It's made to fit the American taste buds. But here too, alot of things are fried. I am trying to get my family into steamed veggies instead of fried. I know I am not much help. I too am learning how to handl the Chinese food. But what I can't understand is if they eat this stuff, how the Chinese can stay so stinkin' thin

Anyway, I have stayed with my exercise. Yesterday walked one mile, I try to do these after I walk: 10situps, 20crunches, 20side crunches (don't know what to call them, works on the waistline) and 25butt lifts, then rest a minute and stretch it out and do it one more time. Every other take I take 3lb. can of soup and work on my arms too. Yes, almost all my weight is in my behind, and them love handles (got lots of lovin to go around!!!) I just heard from my mom that ballerina style exercise is really good for those. I don't know, gotta do something.

Well, I need to get off of here and wash dishes and do some stuff before my class. I teach ESL to 12 4yr-9yr old kids twice a week here at church. Have a great day (since I am writing this while you all are probably in bed!)
Old 12-12-2002, 09:30 AM   #302  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

First of all it was a hoot talking to you Reina and lisa...too bad it was short but none the less fun!

Last night food wise I did ok...I ate 1707 cals...I had 5 hors d'oeuvres that put me over 1500 cals ...oh well...my fat grams were 66 grams...I exercised for 35 minutes for a distance of 9.5km and burned off 356 cals for a total of 1351....I'm gonna keep at it...hard work.

Did Miki ever join in on the chat?

Taiwan, good on you for sticking to your exercising and food regime..it feels good doesnt it?

Well, gotta get to work so I will post later and tell you how I'm doing...have a great day everyone and make wise choices

Cyan
Old 12-12-2002, 09:41 AM   #303  

Happy Thursday everyone. The week is almost over. As of last night I am completely through with classes for the rest of the semester. I should find out on Jan 7 or 8 if I was accepted into the Nursing Program. I'll be checking to see if all my paperwork is completed and stuff to make sure I don't miss my opportunity because of something stupid...like my grades wern't transferred or something.

I am not going to the gym today. I will tell you why. I'm sore. My body needs to rest. I need to clean my house. I'm having lunch with hubby at 11:30. I need to make a grocery list. I have to get groceries. I have to be at the church at 1pm to help make some Christmas Party decisions. I have to pick up my daughter at 2:45 and then, I'm leaving hubby here tonight alone because he needs some down time. He hasn't had a day off since...Sunday Dec 1st and today is his second 12 hour shift in a row. So, I'm taking the kids somehwere to spend time with them while hubby relaxes with nothing to do in a clean house. He won't get another day off until Dec. 20th and then he's on vacation until January 2!

It was fun chatting last night in the chat room, Reina and Cyan. I wish the rest of you could've been there. It really helped me get to know you two better. I feel closer to you now! I started thinking about he Oprah thing and I started to get excited. We need it to be a good letter...AND we need to lose weight so that we can prove that our support group works. The closer we get to each other the more we will WANT to meet each other...so LOSE LOSE LOSE and PLEASE ....none of you....leave this site!!! I'm in this for the long haul!!!

Well, Taiwan...I'm studying nursing. If I'm accepted in January, I will have 4 semesters of classes and then I will be an RN with an Associates Degree. Then, I will start working and going to school part time to get my Bachelor's degree. Then....I want to get accepted into a Nurse Anesthitist program here which is a 2 year program. I will come out of that with a Maters degree and will make LOTS of money!!!! Starting pay is about $100,000 a year.

Okay...I'll see y'all later!!!!!
Lisa
Old 12-12-2002, 10:49 AM   #304  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Default I'm Back!

Howwwwdeeee! Boy it's good to see you all again! I just finished reading all the posts - sounds like we've all been having our ups and downs. But that's what we expected with the hollidays, right? As long as we keep exercising and keep on trying we'll be OK.
I started out our vacation determined to write down everything I ate and to eat small portions. HAH! Well I messed up big time! I guess I just can't spend all day, day after day sitting and talking while surrounded by food and not induldge. There was pie, cookies, and other assorted snacks everywhere! And about those White Castle burgers, we call them Sliders 'cause all that grease makes them just slide right down. There were three boxes of them the night we had dinner with our cousins. Boy, those little buggers are good, but they just sit there in your stomach and wait till the middle of the night to wake you up. Oh, and my daughter in law made fudge for the ride home. I LOVE fudge! Needless to say, it didn't last long. I was even tempted to open up the gift fudge she sent for the other members of our family! But I didn't. One small victory for me, one large victory for my family! lol

Now the good news! I met my exercise goal. I ran outside or on a treadmill every day that we weren't traveling. This is how it went: Tuesday we drove (and I ate)13 hours up to southern Illinois to see our son and his family. The next morning we woke up to 6 inches of beautiful fresh snow and a clear blue sky. They live out in the country, so I ran on a long country road sourrounded by all this silent white beauty. Talk about a spiritual experience! The next day it was just too cold and windy to run outside. My grand daughter is in track, and we had fun challenging each other to runs on their treadmill. Friday was another long 10 hr ride to Minneapolis, so no exercise and lots of snacking. That night we visited my sister who just bought a new weight system. Both my sisters and I played on that for a while, and I rode her exercise bike for about 10 minutes. Sat I ran my two miles in crisp 20 degree weather; a pleasant change from our warmer Florida temps. Sunday we spent at Bryan's cousin's. By this time I was really bloated with all the junk food I had been eating, so when I saw this awesome treadmill in Sue's family room I asked if I could try it out. I loved this machine! You could program in your weight, the type of work out you wanted and everything. It was really sturdy and quiet with a cusioned bed. I did 2 miles, but I felt like I could run for ever. Monday and Tuesday were travel days again, and we got home late Tuesday night. When I weighed myself Wed morning I was up 3 lbs, but I've lost one of those all ready and I'm back to eating healthy and running everyday, so I hope to have lost another pound by weigh in day next monday.
I have a question for you all. I'm thinking of adding Taebo twice a week, and I'm looking for a good tape. Can you suggest one? I need someone who starts out slowly so I can keep up. I tried the blond exercise nut - what's her name? Anyway, I tried her tape at my daughter in laws and she drove me crazy - intirely too perky for me! What about the guy who invented it, the good lookin black dude? Have any of you tried his tape? Also, there is a guy named Guillan(?) who has one, but I haven't been able to find his.
I tried connecting to the chat room and was told I had to download a Windows update. I may not be able to do that because my version of XP isn't exactly licensed, but I will try. When do you all meet to chat?
Any word from Annie or Cjunk? I wrote Annie a personal note, but didn't get a reply. Sure hope they're ok.

Lisa! Cyan! Congrats on the 3 lbs! Excellent! Lisa, it's so hard not to eat with the stress you've been under. And Good luck in making it into nursing school! I was a psych nurse, so I'm very weak on the physical stuff, but I will ask my medical nurse friend what other tests you could have to identify the cause of your pain. this is not something you should have to live with.

Sorry I can't write more personal notes now, Time to get some things done around here. Boy, it's good to be back!

Lady
Old 12-12-2002, 11:48 AM   #305  
I will make it!

Talking LadyRider

So glad you are back! I missed you and I am even happier for you that your holiday was amazing....isnt family the best. And, good on you for keeping up the exercising...truly inspirational...you are...I had and have a huge smile on my face after reading your post...you go girl

And that run through the snow...I pictured it...I was actually there running beside you taking in all the beauty and magic of a winter wonderland. Sometimes, after a fresh snowfall...you can feel the silence, the beauty of nature...its the best feeling!

I am so happy that you are back with us. Onward and forward we shall go.

I feel sad about Annie...I do hope she is doing well...if you read this post Annie, I send you lots of good energy...stay strong and motivated.

Cjunk...I hope you come back soon cause I miss your postitive posts too

Reina and Lisa...the chat was so much fun...I too feel closer to you girls and am very happy that you make up a part of my life...its nice knowing that you are there.

Taiwan and Debee, looking forward to getting to know you more cause you girls sound amazing.

big hugs to everyone

Cyan

Cyan
Old 12-12-2002, 11:49 AM   #306  
I will make it!

Angry PreciousOne and Miki

YOU GIRLS ROCK TOO....I DIDNT MEAN TO FORGET YOU...TOO QUICK ON THE SUBMIT BUTTON....AND BEFORE I KNEW IT...TOO LATE....OK GOTTA GET SOME LUNCH...YUM

CYAN
Old 12-12-2002, 12:44 PM   #307  
I will make it!

Smile Must Read

From Dr Phil's website...makes lots of sense

Stop Choosing to Be Overweight

If you are obese, you're putting your health at risk. You need to take control of your weight to reduce the possibility of suffering serious complications. Having tried and failed in the past is no excuse to give up on yourself now. Dr. Phil spells out the most common weight loss pitfalls so that you can avoid them.

Making Excuses
What is your excuse? You don't have time to work out? Well, do you have time to die from complications related to obesity? You're too busy working? Why? So you can pay for the funeral? Get real! Life Law #1 is "You either get it or you don't." What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

Letting Weight Work
Life Law #3 is, "People Do What Works." How is your weight working for you? What is your payoff for being overweight? Does the weight protect you by providing a barrier? Is the weight a form of rebellion? Do you get attention from it by playing the victim? Is your overeating a way of getting pleasure? Accept that you have chosen to be overweight because of the payoff, and have stayed overweight by having a lifestyle that contributes to it.

Dieting
Diets don't work because dieting is not a long-term solution. If you diet to lose weight, you'll gain the weight back once you get off the diet. Remember, you behave your way to success. There are no quick fixes. Even gastric bypass surgeries can only provide short-term results if your behavior and thinking don't change.

Triggers
What triggers you to overeat? Is it a certain time of the day? Do you turn to food when you get upset? Life Law #4 is, "You can't change what you don't acknowledge." So you need to be honest about how you are using food, and change the way you respond to your triggers.

Labeling
What is your internal dialogue saying? That you're a failure? A quitter? That you'll never lose weight? If so, you need to change these labels and limiting beliefs because they are sabotaging your efforts. How will you change if you don't believe you can change? How can you lose the weight this time if deep down you believe that the outcome is predestined and that you are destined to fail?
Old 12-12-2002, 02:05 PM   #308  

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a pleasant day.

Cyan, and Lisa it was nice talking to you both last night. Maybe we can set it up again real soon.

Cyan, love that article. It makes so much sense.!

LadyRider! Welcome back!, You were very much missed! I have done the Taebo with Billy Blanks and even his is pretty hard to ease into. There is an 8-minute workout, but to be honest, I was dizzy afterwards. I would definitely do a 30 minute one and just ease into that one, it starts slow, but boy, can it pick up quick. I am glad you had a great vacation, I couldn't even think of writing down what I eat on vacation. So I totally don't blame you for that one. Glad to hear that you still worked out. You are still a big motivation...

Lisa, I am also in this for the long haul, and it may very well be a long one for me, but knowing that I have friends like you all, I am totally looking forward to it. You are such a pistol. I was telling my husband about Hamlet, and how sometimes you call him breakfast! That is way to funny.
Lisa, It is nice to see you have your future all planned out. I wish you the best in your educational endeavors! I am in the middle of a career crisis. So I am starting to consider what I want to do with myself going forward, besides losing weight

I hope you all have a great day.
Big hug to you all
Old 12-12-2002, 04:04 PM   #309  
I will make it!

Default inspirational quote

Hi Ladies..yes me again but I was surfing..a little bored..things are slowing down at work...for the holidays..anyway...here it is...very moving and beautiful..powerful

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our
deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens
us. We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not
serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about
shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure
around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it
is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we
unconsciously give other people permission to do the
same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our
presence automatically liberates others.
- Nelson Mandela
Old 12-12-2002, 04:32 PM   #310  

Lady Rider!!! So glad you're back!!!!! I really missed you!!! When I logged on and saw your picture I was so excited!!!! you're vacation sounds wonderful!!! I can't believe you ran in the snow...sounds awesome!!!

About Taebo...I've done a 30 minute video of Billy Blanks. I really like it becase it's fast paced but you can do it at your level. The fast pace keeps you thinking fast so you forget that you're tired. I really like it.

Where is Miki???????????????????????????????????????

Cyan...I loved that quote. I really really loved it. Oh, and the Dr. Phil thing...I watched him on Oprah once talking about obesity. He's right. We choose to be overweight.

Reina...I'll trade you the pig for your Xbox!!!

Well, talk at ya later!!!

Let me know if anyone wants to meet in the chat room. I'll try to make it!!

Lisa
Old 12-12-2002, 08:13 PM   #311  

Hi everyone, Please let me know the next time for a chat I would love to join in!
Cyan, I hope things are going better with your mother. My parents are in their 80's and sometimes I feel like the parent and they are the children. I will keep you in my prayers.
Also leaving McDonald was the ulimate in willpower! I don't think I could do it.

Miki, I have been thinking about what you said about feeling so bad after eating and how it is not sometimes worth all the guilt. I agree. I can also relate with the games and homework. Sometimes I feel that there is not enough hours in the day.

Reina, do you want to change careers? You said you were going through a career crisis.

Lisa what made you decide to get a pig as a pet?

Thanks for the snack suggestions.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:33 PM   #312  

Unhappy BoooooooooHoooooooooo!!!

I cannot believe I missed the chat get-together!! I was so excited about it then missed it!! Couldnt be helped tho. Got home from work yesterday afternoon, and Josh was on the couch asleep. ( not normal for him ) He was feeling awful. My hubby gave him 2 extra strength tylenol around 5:30pm. At 6:30pm, I checked his temp and it was still 200.8 even after the tylenols! It's a shame both kids dont get sick on the same days if they both have to get sick anyway. lol

Worked thru lunch again but had popcorn and ummm...a piece of strawberry cake in the break room. That was around 11 am so by 6:30 when I got home, I was Starving! Cooked spaghetti and garlic bread and ate too much. I have found out that spaghetti is the one thing I just cant eat. For some reason, I just cannot stop at one serving!! The last time I did so badly at one sitting was about 3 weeks ago and it was spaghetti that time also. Hubby and I were both miserable after we ate last nite. I think my calories ended up around 1500 tho so not quite as bad as I figured. Anyway, after finishing up in the kitchen, I had to tend to Josh, help Luke with homework plus a Science project, and spend a little time with hubby. It was bedtime before I even realized it. Made me sick to miss out on chatting with all of you!!
Definitely have to try again soon!

I guess you know with Josh being sick, my shopping today didnt happen. Was just as well he had to stay home tho because hubby didnt get to have the day off after all to go with me like we had planned. A co-worker got sick so he had to fill in for him. I was really disappointed. We're hoping Josh is well enough tomorrow to go back to school. If so, my in-laws are keeping the kids this weekend, and Phil and I are going to spend the weekend with my youngest sis about 2 1/2 hrs from here. (She's the one with the cutie pie, Kaylen, who is 21 months old ) We're going to try to do all our shopping there.

I did better today with my eating. My calories were a little under 1300 and I did my AirWalker for 25 minutes.

Wish I had more time so I could post individually but I got lots to do before bedtime. Glad to see Ladyrider is back!! And Cyan, I did at least want to take time to tell you your mom is in my prayers. Great hearing from everyone else too...

I probably wont make it online to post again til Saturday or Sunday so everyone have a great weekend and stand firm in your healthy eating!

Oh my gosh...almost forgot something!! I have lost the 2 lbs I gained over Thanksgiving plus almost another one..Yeahhhh! Cant believe I almost forgot to tell ya'll! Needless to say, I am encouraged now to keep going after my disgusting weekend last week lol.

Goodnite everybody! "See ya" soon!

MIKI
Old 12-12-2002, 09:57 PM   #313  

Well, it's 8:55 pm. Popped into chat just to see if anyone was there. None of you were but 2 others were. Pretty cool in there. We gotta get together again soon so I can talk to all of you!
Old 12-13-2002, 09:25 AM   #314  

Good Morning Ladies. TGIF....again...already!! This was a fast week!!!

yesterday...I didn't go to the gym...but I was on the go constantly. I didn't eat too bad. I had a yummy veggie sandwich from Subway with those WOW chips. I think about 7 points for my lunch...dinner was roast beef...corn and mashed potatoes....I'm going to say 12 points plus 4 points for my breakfast....that is 23 points. I've really been forgetting to eat..Not forgetting...but I haven't been obsessing with cravings and stuff. Last night after doing some grocery shopping I let the kids pick out some candy. Usually I'm dying to have a candy bar. Last night there was absolutely no temptation. Junk food sounded disgustin. What's up with that?

Debee...we got a pig because my hubby always wanted one and I saw one at a carnival and thought it was soooooooo cute. And I'm allergic to cats...which is what my daughter really wanted.

MikiG...I'm sorry your boys have been sick. I hope they are feeling better soon. We will definitely have to get together for some chatting again soon.

If everyone could post the times when they are available for chat then we could schedule a time that works best. I can chat usually in the evenings around 9pm Central Time or at noon.

I'm going to the gym today. It's my favorite class today. Step..double step...and body defined.

Oh...I want to get something off my chest. You all know how I've been dreaming about the new YMCA right? Well...I've been talking about it non stop to my husband and my mother in law and everyone I know. I am OBSESSED with this new YMCA. I really want a membership. Well, I know i'm going to sound very childish and selfish...but here's the story. My mother-in-law (who I love and is a wonderful person) gave each of her children, myself, and my kids each $150 for Christmas. We are supposed to get 5 gifts for ourselves and have them wrapped and unmarked under the tree on Christmas Day for some game. It's kind of a new tradition she's starting. But her big thing was I'm not shopping this year because you guys alway end up taking things back and you'll for sure get the things you want this way...etc. So, last night my 13 year old sis-in-law was at the YMCA with a friend. (teens can pay 5.50 and get in when they're not a member) I went to pick them up for my mother-in-law and Allison(my sis-in-law) had found out that she's already a member. We checked and sure enough...my mother-in-law has signed up Herself, her husband, and 2 of my sister-in-law's, up for a family membership for a Christmas present. Now, I know that since those two girls still live at home...blah blah blah...but why do they get a gift above and beyone the $150? And WHY does it have to be the one thing in the world that I want more than anything??????? Maybe if she had done it without making it a Christmas present...I don't know. I have all these emotions. I'm so jealous...which I know is childish. Allison let my mother-in-law know that she found out and she admitted it was a Christmas present. *sigh* I cant' explain in words how badly I want a membership to this YMCA. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so worked up. What's really annoying...is that they have a treadmill in their house and they have never gone to a gym. I am the only one in the family who goes to the gym everyday!!!!!!!!! Here I go..I'm getting all worked up again. I'm going to have my heart rate up before my class this morning.

Okay...if anyone has any advice for my psychotic episode I'm having...it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa
Old 12-13-2002, 09:35 AM   #315  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

I took last night off from exercising aerobically...I just did weight lifting for 20 minutes..my arms, shoulders and chest...I think I sweat more when I lift weights than when I cycle... go figure!

Anyway, I know, Miki....you were missed...and thank you for your prayers...my mom really needs them right now.

Hey Lisa...sorry to hear about you YMCA crisis...I have to admit I would be upset too. Are you sure your Mother in Law is aware of how badly you want this membership? And who knows, maybe you will get a membership as a christmas present...but you dont know cause its a surpirse You never know! Surely your enthusiam for it has not gone unoticed

I am usually available for chats on week nights around 8 to 9pm eastern! Usually after 9.30 I go to bed...yes I need lots of sleep

Well chickie poohs...have a great day and I will post back later to let you know how my cal consumption and exercising went today

Have a great day everybody and make wise choices

Cyan
Closed Thread