3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/195571-worldlies-march-over-mels-margaritas.html)

Shad 03-20-2010 05:37 PM

Morning all,
Not much has happened here since I posted last night. I'm just catching up on Mel's doings. I think I might take myself out for a few hours to see whatever can be seen around here. The toyboy I went out with on Wednesday suggested I went up to Healesville and checked out the Sanctuary there. That's where a lot of the injured wildlife got taken during the fires last year. I might take in Maryville as well and be back for lunch then work on this document. I was going to write one on Plant Maintenance as well but I don't think I will have time and I don't know who will care anyway.

So I will be back with my doings at some time this afternoon.

ceejay52 03-20-2010 09:39 PM

Spring has sprung I've been outside more the past two days than I have all last winter. I didn't realize how much I missed this warm sunshine. But rain and thunderstorms tomorrow are predicted.
Two bushes got make overs yesterday and today. They were really grown up underneath. And now I can see behind them better when I drive into the drive way. I'm sore and I hope I can get out of bed in the morning.

Shad
I'll be going to Springfield, Mo next week end if the weather is good. Sounds like you are going to have another day sight seeing.

Mel
I hadn't thought of giving the books to the library. Thanks for the idea.

MELODY525 03-21-2010 07:51 AM

http://nbalacrity.co.uk/wp-content/u...ngchickens.jpg

IT'S JUST US SPRING CHICKENS!!
HAPPY SUNDAY :cheer2:

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD.
HOPE THE WEEKEND IS GOING WELL FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE. IT HAS BEEN A KIND OF BUSY WEEKEND. FALLING SENIORS AND ALARMS. NOTHING SERIOUS...YET!!
I GOT A LOT OF NOTHING DONE YESTERDAY. JUST WAITING HERE PATIENTLY FOR THE ENERGY TO FLOW. SO FAR IT HASN'T. :rofl: MAYBE I NEED ANOTHER DAY OF REST. IT'S A HARRY POTTER WEEKEND ON THE FAMILY CHANNEL AGAIN. :beach:
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY :moped:

SHAD~ I HAVEN'T BEEN UP TO VERY MUCH. JUST HANGING AROUND. GLAD YOU FOUND YOURSELF A TOY BOY!! EVERY WOMAN SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE IN THEIR LIVES:belly: HOPE THE OUTING WENT WELL. DID YOU GO AND SEE THE ANIMALS. POOR LITTLE THINGS...AND BIG ONES TOO. MOTHER NATURE CAN BE SO CRUEL. I BET THE DS2 AND SUNDAY WILL BE GLAD TO SEE YOU COME HOME. :hug: HAVE YOURSELF A GOOD SLEEP. YOU'LL NEED IT FOR THE LAST WEEK AND MORE PACKING!!

JEANETTE~ I HAVE BEEN OUT MORE TOO. SOMEHOW THAT FEELING OF THE SUN ON SKIN AFTER SO MUCH WINTER AND DREARY DAYS FEELS GREAT...I AGREE. OUR SKIES ARE DARKER TODAY AND RAIN IS COMING HERE TONITE. GET OUT THE GALOSHES AND UMBRELLAS:rain: GOOD IDEA BEING ABLE TO SEE BEHIND THE BUSHES WHEN PULLING UP. YOU CERTAINLY GOT LOTS OF EXERCISE! THE LIBRARIES USUALLY LOVE DONATIONS. SOME CAN ONLY AFFORD TO BUY ONE COPY OF A BOOK AND THEN IT'S HARD TO SHARE IT. SO THEY LOVE DUPLICATES. ESPECIALLY DIET AND COOKBOOKS AND CRAFT BOOKS. SPECIALIZED BOOKS GET TAKEN OUT A LOT AND MANY TIME I HAVE HAD TO WAIT WEEKS TO BORROW ONE. HOPE YOUR DAY OFF IS A GREAT ONE TOO.

ceejay52 03-21-2010 08:41 AM

I thought I'd be so sore I couldn't get out of bed this morning but I'm at work. I sat in my massage chair last night and took a long hot soak.

It started raining last night but we are having a break from it right now. I'm at work today. The Northwest part of the state looks like they may be getting some of the winter stuff.

Mel
Enjoy the rest of your week end and maybe the seniors will behave. themselves.

happy2bme 03-21-2010 11:25 AM

It's raining... it's pouring... the old man is snoring...

To quote a children's song. Started last night - a steady downpour still.

Going to be a dreary one but at least it's not the cold just further north.

annie175 03-21-2010 02:18 PM

Happy Sunday Everyone.....

First Ms. Shaddie...if I give you a challenge, and you spoof up, don't put it past me to show up and surprise you with a visit and the ole rolling pin...lol

Chelle..thanks for posting for me. I don't know what the heck is going on with either A. works computers or B. 3FC in my region. I hope it is not work computers as it is easier for me to post. I know your challenge is going well as you are committed to all that I throw at cha. lol

Mellie..those dang eyes, bless your heart. Hmmmm trainer instead of CVS...I am sure I could get in trouble with that too!

Happy..looks like you all got the brunt of the bad weather...our Sunday went from 40s/snowshowers to 57/sunny/cloudy. SOrry bout cha, but I am liking what we have.

Ceejay...see what a little "Ceejay" time can do for a body. Good for you on the massage chair and soak. Sounds good, I could do the soak thing.

Laura...sounds like your weekend was packed with "things you gotta do". Hope you found some time for you.

My buddy Joe K. that I have known since about 1981, put front brakes on my car for me today. Saved me major bucks. I made him an upside down pizza for his help.

Mom was in rear form this morning. She kept hearing a "bird" chirp in the home and said she never sees it flying around. I informed her it was not a bird but some sort of alarm that was chirping. She said no wonder she never had seen any birds. A few minutes go by and she said "sh*t, I have birds in my belfry". I about fell off the bed laughing and so did she. She is a hoot.

That about wraps it up for me. Hey to everyone.

Loves and hugs,

Laura705 03-21-2010 02:46 PM

Hello everyone!

Michelle - Hope the website work is going well! Don't overdo it!

Shad - So you're getting ready to go home. Must not be looking forward to that long drive. Fingers crossed that you have good traveling weather for it. Hope you enjoyed the sanctuary or wherever you ended up on Sunday.

Happy – Sorry your plans are not going as you’d hoped. Did you plan to move back near family, or maybe retired or semi-retired? I know you and dh were checking out properties for possible retirement... I think a lot of people have experienced setbacks due to this economic downturn. Keep your eyes on the goal! Maybe the EAP would help because you can talk out your “issues”. But I can see how that might not be useful if you already feel like you talk it out – it’s just that it won’t/can’t change anything. But if it could change how you deal w/ the situation, maybe it’s worthwhile. RiverCity is looking a bit dated compared to the new buildings going up around there, but I guess someone who had a boat to dock there might find it convenient. But it’s certainly not a bustling area. There's a giant vacant parcel of land just to the north.

Ceejay – Glad you took advantage of the outdoor time on Saturday. Our first day of spring was cold w/ snow, sleet and rain. As the saying goes, March is the cruelest month. And this was a cruel joke for Mother Nature to play on us in Chicago! But today is clearer and no precip, so I’ll go for a walk w/ doggy. Fingers crossed your weather holds for good traveling next weekend.

Mel – My energy isn’t flowing yet either but I’ll get out for a quick dog walk and maybe do a workout in the basement. I agree w/ you about donating to the library. If our library can’t use the books in their own collection, they pass it along to the “Friends of the Library” and they sell the books in their quarterly book sales.

Annie – Hope you can get to 3fc on the work computer – you know we’d miss your posts. LOL about mom and the birds in her belfry! Sounds like it’s a bit milder in Indy than Chicago, but I much prefer what we’re getting today versus yesterday!

The book club was pretty good Friday night. And there wasn’t as much food as usual, and the variety wasn’t as appealing to me, so I didn't overdo it on portions. I had my hair appointment Sat. morning and that’s about it for my weekend. Just been squandering the rest of it. We watched "The Hurt Locker" last night. Good movie, but not my usual thing.

Okay, I’m going to get this posted and get out for that dogwalk. Enjoy whatever’s left of your weekends!

diyana 03-21-2010 04:59 PM

Hi ladies -

After 10 hours yesterday, and another 7 hours today...I finally finished the website for my husband's company. They might request one or two small tweaks this week, but at least I can call this thing pretty much done. And the extra $$ will help pay for the painting. Speaking of the painting, I learned that one of the painters whose quote was $1,000 less than the highly recommended buy was only gonna put one coat on. The extra cost for a second coat by him...$750. So right now, we're planning on going with the highly recommended painter.

Annie - I regret that I haven't exercised at all yesterday or today...too busy with the website work, and now I just want to collapse and relax for a couple hours. I *might* get up the energy to take a short walk before dark or do a little Wii Fit, but I'm not making any guarantees. I did do an hour of Advanced Zumba Friday night though, which was a blast. And while my eating has been fairly good, it hasn't been stellar. Please don't get out the :rollpin: or kick me in the butt :kickbutt: I'm getting back on track for the rest of the evening, and I'll be on my best behavior starting tomorrow.

Sorry, everyone, I just gotta get off this dang computer and relax.

"Talk" to you tomorrow, chicas!

Love and hugs,

annie175 03-22-2010 08:15 AM

Good Morning Chickie Mommas....

Here it is Monday again!! I guess Humana and 3FC are going to let me in today. Small victories....Not a lot has happened since last night other than baby boy called. They got 20 minutes for phone calls last night so we got to talk a bit more. He is so loving it. I am so thankful for that. He finally fessed up that he has lost 30 lbs since he left for boot camp. So in the last 6 mos (prior to going and since being there) he has gone from 282 to 230. He said he anticipates another 10-20. I won't even know my own baby boy when I see him on June 24, for graduation.

Chelle...you are excused from exercise this past weekend...wink wink, being that you were working and not just sluffing off. You are still one rockin' sista. Back at it and on track today. Have a marvy day!

Laura....The Hurt Locker, people are telling me not to see it, that it might hit too close too home with baby boy. I think they are a little over protective. Are Sunday didn't turn out to badly. 58 and sunny/cloudy rather than the snow showers originally predicted. It was great.

Will check back later, Hi's all the way around.

Loves and Hugs,

happy2bme 03-22-2010 08:28 AM

Another yucky day today - cold and rainy all day but it will pick up and improve fast as the week rolls in they say.

Doctor's appointment today - do I get released from the surgical shoe and have to learn how to walk in a real shoe? We will see.

Nothing much else going on. Gotta get to work. :wave: to the chicks.

MELODY525 03-22-2010 08:39 AM

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f?t=1269012293

HAPPY'S IT'S RAINING SONG FINALLY HIT HERE. THE DREARY ARRIVED AND THE RAIN IS ON IT'S WAY. :rofl:
I ALREADY WENT DOWNSTAIRS, REPORTED AND GOT BACK UP HERE BEFORE THE OFFICE EVEN OPENED. GAVE EVERYTHING TO JOHN. I'M JUST NOT ENERGIZED ENOUGH FOR MONDAY MORNING BULL CHIT. :cloud9: I AM STILL RESTING UP A BIT TODAY.
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY :moped:

HAPPY~ SENDING A DREARY WEATHER HUG YOUR WAY :hug: HOPE THE SUN SHINES DOWN ON MY SOUTHERN BELLE SISTER SOON :sunny:

CEEJAY~ DON'T LET THAT WINTERY STUFF NEAR YOU AGAIN!!! :brr: WITH MASSAGE CHAIR AND LONG SOAK, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DAYS OFF WENT PRETTY GOOD!!

LAURA....GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE FOOD. I TURNED DOWN PARTY FOOD THAT THE SENIORS BROUGHT BACK. THEY WANTED NTO SHARE WITH ME. STILL WAITING FOR MY ENERGY TO FLOW :rofl: HAVE A GOOD ONE!

ANNIE...IF SHAD SCREWS UP THE CHALLENGE I'LL PAY YOUR AIRFARE!! :rofl: :rofl: I AM SO GLAD YOU AND YOUR SON GET TO TALK. THEY ALWAYS LOSE WEIGHT IN THE SERVICE. ALL THAT EXERCISE AND PORTION CONTROL!!! SEND SOME LOVE FROM 3FC TO HIM ALSO :love: HUMANA IS ON THE TV ALL THE TIME AGAIN!! WE THINK OF YOU WHEN WE SEE THE ADS.

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU GET SOME DOWN TIME DURING THE NEXT WEEKEND...LOL YOUR'S WAS CERTAINLY A BUSY ON THIS TIME. I ALSO HOPE THE BEST DEAL IS WITH THE ONE RECOMMENDED. GOOD LUCK AND KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED. :crossed:

MELODY525 03-22-2010 08:40 AM

HAPPY :wave: WAVING FRANTICALLY!! I SEE THE EGG LIT AND WE POSTED TOGETHER. :love:
good luck with the doctor!! i'll come and pick you up and we can have ritas together somewhere where the sun is shining!!!

annie175 03-22-2010 09:20 AM

MELLIE....way to delagate the work to John. Rest that bod and get energized. Take a shot of expresso, that will boost your b*tt. I am still not doing caffeine and I don't think you are either, or are you? Heck I can't remember. Yeah, it is supposed to rain ALL stinkin' day here today then be nice and warmer the next 4 or so days. Happy Monday...

Laura705 03-22-2010 10:18 AM

Michelle - Doesn't sound like a relaxing weekend, but productive! You'll need the extra dough to pay for the painting. Seems like the recommended guy is the way to go. You really have to ask all the right questions. I'm not sure I ever did a paint job that only needed one coat...

Annie - Oh, nice you talked to your son. Good for him w/ the weight loss! Healthier for sure.

Happy - Hope your foot is healing on schedule and you're ready for your usual shoes.

Mel - Continue with the resting, and take a nap for me!

Hi Shad, Ceejay!

Sounds like a lot of you are getting rain today. We've got sun, which is nice, and the week is supposed to be mild. I had a cotton turtleneck sweater on this morning, but was too warm so changed into a lighter shirt before I let home. I'm fighting off a cold and have been popping zinc lozenges. Ick. Hope they work. I took doggy for a walk yesterday afternoon and afterwards did my Margaret Richard Sculpture dvd - upper body workout. It's a 50 min. workout that works everything twice. Some stuff I did twice and some I didn't. I'm sore today. I watched a couple PBS specials yesterday about Chicago's river and Chicago's lakefront. Both were good. Makes me want to spend more time sightseeing in the city.

happy2bme 03-22-2010 11:01 AM

Good woman Mel - delegating to the others for a change. Now that you are free, I'll be by after lunch with the "happy juice" :beach: If it's raining outside, we'll just take the party inside somewhere where they can't find us.

Laura - enjoy that sun while you can. Crummy time of year - 60 one day, snow the next - really plays havoc with your system. Hope you feel better. I agree with you on seeing the city - kind of get caught up in the work / home thing and we only see the city when we have visitors. Lots of neat things to see although alot of times by the time the weekend comes, just relaxing at home (and doing weekend chores) sounds like the best plan.