3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/195571-worldlies-march-over-mels-margaritas.html)

diyana 03-25-2010 02:48 PM

I had a great Weight Watchers meeting. I'm down 1.8 lbs from last week! :woohoo: I've got a long way to go yet, but I'm thrilled about the loss this week! Yay, Weight Watchers! Yay, Zumba! :dancer:

Annie - So nice that your BFF is likely to get a job really soon! So very, very sad about the college student. Your mom is sooo funny!

Happy - Your lunch sounds delish! I had a big salad with lots of veggies and a little chicken, plus a small cup of Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup (like the original kind except spicier and with bean sprouts). It was really yummy. We have some nasty illnesses going around here too: some people have bronchitis, and others have big time stomach ailments. Thanks for the advice about letting my muscles heal, I'll make sure I don't do much upper body work tonight...or if I do, I'll go easy. Like you, I don't like how divided the country has been for sooo many years. I think the threats, and acts, of violence against those who voted in favor of the healthcare bill are a bit extreme. I mean, seriously people, whether you agree or disagree....express your opinion verbally not violently, and most of all exercise your right to vote, which so very few Americans do. I've always been of the belief that if you don't bother to vote, you don't get the right to b*tch. As for the end of days...I don't know...but if it is, I wanna go on a great vacation and eat LOTS of fattening food before I go.

Well, got more stuff to finish up before I leave.

annie175 03-25-2010 03:07 PM

Chelle>>>>very Excited About Your Loss!!!

annie175 03-25-2010 03:08 PM

D*mn girl, you are so awesome! Keep on fighting the fight. You know you know how to do it and you are doing it.....

I agree with all y'all on the political and end of times stuff....YIKES

annie175 03-25-2010 03:09 PM

Your reward for this past week's loss, you get to drink another glass of water!!! hehe

ceejay52 03-25-2010 03:17 PM

Annie
Sounds like you have been watching celebrity weight loss with Ian Smith. Those were his words. What time are we working out today?

annie175 03-25-2010 03:27 PM

Chelle...wow, I have not been watching celebrity weight loss and don't know Ian Smith, that is scary. I am not working out tonight, actually I am leaving here in about 30 minutes, going by CVS to get some Mucinex Chest, going home and going to bed. My head is pounding and my eyes are burning a bit, much like MELLIE's eyes, I suppose. Most certain EVERYONE is sick of hearing me cough. Oh Whoa is me, boo hoo hooo,

ceejay52 03-25-2010 03:28 PM

Happy
It does look like we could be in the so called "last days" but no man knows for sure the exact time only GOD knows.

Annie
I understand about not wanting to the Shred especially if you are sick. I may go walking at the center in a few minutes.

annie175 03-25-2010 03:28 PM

Geez, I answered to Chelle when it was Ceejay that posted. See how sick I am. YIKES.

ceejay52 03-25-2010 03:29 PM

Annie
Hope you feel better soon.

Laura705 03-25-2010 03:45 PM

Hey everyone. Have plenty to do at work and probably should not be here, but what the heck...

Happy – What a hassle w/ that kid getting your car stuck in 4WD! I hope it doesn’t cause problems down the road. I get annoyed w/ the smokers too – all the restrictions on where they can’t smoke, they must have all decided to walk around the block when they do it – and I get stuck walking behind them. I’m sure I’ve griped about this to everyone, including our dept’s admin asst – and it turns out she smokes! She’s only in her mid-20’s – what possesses someone that age to take up smoking given the known health risks and the cost?! If end of days is near, I’ll use all those blank checks the credit card companies send me and charge up to and beyond my credit card limits and have a grand old time.

Ceejay – Ugh, a snake!! :eek: I’m sure it’s preferable that the more steps that are aerobic, the better because the heart & lungs are getting a workout. My pedometer shows total steps and aerobic steps, the latter of which I think are counted only after one’s been walking a certain amount of time – can’t recall the specifics. My walking varies – walking around the house and office, walking to/from the train (10 minute trips), and walking doggy (20-30 min). Hey, if it’s burning calories, it’s good enough for me!

Michelle – You’re doing so great w/ the exercise! I read an article in the paper yesterday that said to studies show that to maintain weight/avoid weight gain, women need to exercise 420 min. per week – yup, an hour every day! Lesser amounts, however, are enough to provide other health benefits. Good job on those great blood test results!! Congrats on your weight loss!! :) :) :)

Annie – Sorry you’re feeling lousy…or are you just trying to get out of that 30 day shred??? Better not be! :nono: Feel better soon. I know what you mean when you say you don’t feel sick enough to stay home. Who knows – the next day or week you could feel 20x worse. I hope your friend lands a new job soon. Too too funny what your mother said about a new roommate!! :rofl: Now I know where you get it from!!!! I think tough times are when people find God, or other faith or spirituality in which to gain comfort and strength. One of the bloggers posted today about this verse today and I like the way it sounds: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” Galatians 5:22

Mel – I’m glad things are quiet again by you. Will that iced tea put you in a warm springy/summery place? Enjoy!

Hey there Shad!! Those folks must be squeezing every last minute of work out of you that they can!

I had another one of those weird headaches in the late morning. I logged it again. So glad it went away quickly. I did an internet search and it seems there’s something called “menstruation migraines” due to a drop in estrogen or something. TOM's here this week - hoping that’s not what it is. Definitely not like the typical tension headache I get every once in a while…

Last night I took doggy for a walk w/ bf. Steps for the day totaled 9,121. I didn’t do any other exercise except a set of pushups. I watched a short bit of tv, then tried and failed at the Sudoku and jumble puzzles in the paper. :tantrum: Watched part of an old movie in bed and of course fell asleep before the end. Nothing planned for tonight. Okay, more work awaits so I better get this posted!

Shad 03-25-2010 07:38 PM

Morning all,
Not lost or anything. Just tying up the loose ends and will be back tonight or tomorrow morning with the updates. Don't start the travel until Monday - well that is today's story anyway. Finished the manual. Gave it to the storeman who is very impressed. Gave it to the boss who said - oh no, do I have to read all 170 pages. Nope, you dope, just read the 27 with words on and look at the pictures for the rest.
Anyway will be back asap - like this afternoon, when I will again be unemployed.

ceejay52 03-25-2010 08:44 PM

Laura
Most of my steps which include stairs are at work, most of them are with in five minute intervals. I may have to tack on some extra minutes. I do manage 5 to 9,000 steps. If I'm really busy I'll manage 10,000 steps.

Shad
Wow, I'm impressed with the document being 170 pages. You deserve a break after this one.

Michelle
I'm proud for you in losing those 1.8 pounds. You certainly worked hard enough for them.

I need to get off the computer, but to be honest I'm not in the mood to pack or clean house. And I've eaten tooooo much dinner. I hope the nacho supreme does not upset my gut.
I'll be traveling to Springfield, Mo tomorrow. My sister will probably have to work Sunday night so if my nephew will ask me to spend the night with him I will. He lives in Nixa, MO.

happy2bme 03-26-2010 08:14 AM

Good morning all,

Seems like I'm the first one here so wakey wakey!!!!

I'm glad it's Friday. I think I will be the only one of the team in the office today so hopefully it will be a quiet and productive day that goes by quickly.

Will be back at lunch to post personals.

Everyone stretch and take a few deep breaths.

diyana 03-26-2010 08:49 AM

TGIF fo' sho' -

I'm officially getting tired after a long week of work and Zumba. I hope the coffee kicks in soon. I had a blast doing Zumba last night, and I also did 1/2 hour of strength training including crunches and planks. Tonight, it's an hour of advanced Zumba, followed by another hour tomorrow morning. And aside from a couple hours of website work, the rest of the weekend will be spent doing laundry, cooking, a little cleaning and RELAXING! :woohoo:

Annie - I hope you stay home today and rest. Nyquil (or something stronger) and rest is what you need, girlfriend.

Ceejay - Do you still pedal at work sometimes? Mmmmm, nacho supreme sounds really good! I almost stopped for Taco Bell last night on the way home from the gym cuz I was sweaty and tired and it was already 8 pm...but realized I didn't have any cash on me. Thank heaven for small favors! So I went home and had soup and a WW dinner. Next week, I'll try and eat before Zumba class on the nights with they are later in the evening. Have a wonderful trip! Safe travels!

Laura - An hour of exercise per day just to maintain?? Seriously? That's crazy. Admittedly, I do that on some days...but every freakin' day....just to MAINTAIN? That's nuts! I used to get "menstruation migraines" - not fun at all, but mine would last for hours and hours.

Shad - Enjoy your weekend before the trip home. Are you doing anything fun or just finishing all the packing? Safe travels!

Happy - Wishing you a wonderfully quiet and productive day! How is your foot doing? Are you doing okay in regular shoes? :hug:

Mel - Hope your feeling well and have a relaxing day ahead.

:wave: to all!

Luvya chicks,

Shad 03-26-2010 05:53 PM

Morning all,
Will get this posted before the day starts getting away from me. I went out to dinner last night with my Irish man from the store - the one I have been teaching and training. He will do okay and it was a lovely meal - and no we didn't have a point of guinness because G reckons it is all gob****e out here and we are all eejits for tinking it is the reaaaal stoofffff. He apparently saves up his punts for when he toikes a trip hame and then he can have points of the suds. You've gotta get with the Oirish accent to get a laugh out of that conversation.

Anyway, I am now up to my eyeballs with the last of the washing and will be shutting up the first case shortly and lugging that down to the car. Everything needs to be put in the right place so it all fits. Most of the stuff apart from a bit of fridge and freezer stuff in on the bench and table ready for packing. It will all be done today and tomorrow I will go to R's place where we will have a farewell dinner and I'll be off on Monday morning.
Actually I have woken up not feeling too bright. Stuffed up nose, headache all that stuff. Hope it doesn't develop into anything worse, but can't do much about it if it does.

Glad to hear that most people seem to be doing okay. Hope Annie is getting over her nasty cold or whatever. Happy, how's the foot? Mel - how are the eyes. Michelle - I'm not surprised that you are feeling somewhat tired. And congrats on the weight loss.

Gotta go. Few things left to do, and I need some tissues for the car journey home. And I gotta.......... crikey, it's making me weary just thinking about it.

Back later.