3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/195571-worldlies-march-over-mels-margaritas.html)

annie175 03-22-2010 12:14 PM

I think you all need to jump my sh*t, all I want to do is eat, I feel like a pig and get no exercise. (other than walking occassionally). Iv'e got Jillian's (Michael) 30 day shred dvd, but haven't even popped the celophane on it. I have had it for 3 months. Dude WTF is wrong with me? Still fighting the 159 lbs. I am going on my beach vacation May 2, that is only 41 days.

diyana 03-22-2010 02:20 PM

Happy Monday ladies -

I'm fairly exhausted. I did not want to wake up today. After a busy weekend, I'm looking forward to getting into my weekday routine: work, Zumba, shower, eat, sleep. Tonight is two 1/2 hour Zumba classes and a strength training class.

The weather Saturday made me glad I was inside all day. We awoke to 1/2" of snow, and it was cold, drizzly and damp all day. Yesterday, was nice. The sun was out and it warmed up to the mid 50s, unfortunately, I still spent nearly all day indoors. That's okay though...cuz the money I earned working on the website will help pay for the painting.

Shad - So glad you had a nice, albeit expensive, Japanese dinner with friends the other night. Sounds like you've got a great handle on getting yourself and your stuff back home, and preparing for your final week at the job. So did you go to the Sanctuary with the toyboy? Hope you had a nice weekend out.

Happy - I hope you got some sleep over the weekend to make up for the poor sleep during the week. And I hope that this week's nights are more restful for you. I'm so sorry that you are not happy with where you're living and that you feel you'll be there for several more years yet. :hug: :hug: As for the psychologist, I've gone that route before during stressful times, and it has helped me to get perspective, objectivity and to offer suggestions that I haven't thought of. I have often wondered if we made the right decision to move to WI. There are parts of living here that we love, and then there are parts (winter, and being away from family) that are more challenging. As for the website, it was DH and his boss (she knows I work on websites) who asked me what I would charge to do it and how fast could it get done. So I submitted an estimate and said it would be ready Monday, and they accepted. Next time you and Mel do a jammies and movies weekend with cider and SoCo, let me know and I'll join ya! I hope your doctor appt goes well.

Mel - I think Annie would make an awesome coach/trainer! Too bad you had such a busy weekend with the falling seniors and alarms. Glad no one was seriously hurt though. Good for you for delegating Monday to John. :) I agree...the sun is wonderful after a long winter. My doggies are loving it too. On the weekends we leave them outside (when it's nice out) for an hour or two at a time. Then bring them in for a drink of water, and put them back out again. Sorry you're having rainy weather now though.

Ceejay - I'm glad you're not too sore today. This summer, we're going to be pulling out some old ugly junipers that are in front of the house. Sorry that it's raining where you and Happy are. Here it's bright and sunny and will get up to the mid 50s. I'm hoping my workload will allow me a lunchtime walk.

Annie - So nice that you have a friend who was able to fix your brakes! How do you make an upside down pizza? If you've told us before, I apologize for forgetting, but somedays I have CRS (can't remember sh*t). Glad you had a nice visit with your mom. How wonderful that you were able to have a long chat with your son! I'm glad he is enjoying military life so far. Oooooh, Annie, you DO NOT get to challenge me with MORE exercise than I'm already doing if you're not doing your 30-day shred and eating right. :kickbutt: YOUR CHALLENGE FROM ME is to follow your Bariatric eating plan (including practicing portion control), and to do the 30 day shred EVERY DAY that you don't work at CVS, and on the days you do work at CVS, you have to walk at least one mile (indoors or out). Don't make me come after you with Mel's :rollpin: !! :rofl:

Laura - We had a snowy/sleety first day of spring also. It was a cruel joke by Mom Nature. I hope you're able to keep all illnesses at bay. People all around me at work are sick...some with colds, some with flu. I'm just saying :nono: stay the heck away. It's funny you say you don't sightsee enough in your own city. The only time we go sightseeing in Milwaukee is when we have visitors. And our friend in Chicago says the only time she really goes sightseeing is when she has visitors. Silly that we don't take the time to enjoy the wonderful places around where we live.

Alright, sistas, I'm signing out for now. But I'll try and check in later.

Love to all,

annie175 03-22-2010 03:53 PM

Chelle...I am sitting here with a smile on my face reading your challenge. I would love to do just that, and I can sit here and say I will accept your challenge, but what I really need is someone to come live with me to MAKE me. Thank God I work at CVS tonight and tomorrow night. lol....Just beat me!! I will post the upside down pizza later. I have not posted it so far. Stinker.

Shaddie...where are you, my sista?

Happy...have you tried melatonin? for sleeping.

Later ladies..

diyana 03-22-2010 04:04 PM

Annie - Sorry, my DH and my doggies would be mad if I came and lived with you. So no excuses, sista, you can do this! Beach vacay is just over a month away. Get to it!

ceejay52 03-22-2010 07:33 PM

Happy
Didn't know you were upset about not getting to move. Things may work out keep those hopes up. How did you dr's appointment go? Hope the shoe transition goes well. I still had to wear the surgical shoe for awhile due to swelling. Like the avatar also.

Michelle
Sorry you had to work most of the week end.

Annie
I have the 30 day Shred. Do you want to set a time and do it together? I'm anxious to see the recipe for the upside down pizza.

Laura
Do you have allergies? Mine sure has been acting up lately. Feel better soon.

Mel
Did you get to enjoy your day without interuptions?

Shad
Have you got most of your packing done? I know your son and Sunday will be glad to see you.

Shad 03-23-2010 06:47 AM

Sorry, been busy with work and packing and laundry etc. Nothing much is new here. Just writing the document (now back to 150 pages rather than the 300 it was) and packing my bags. Yes Ceejay most of the worst of the packing is out of the way. Now it is just a matter of putting things through the wash and packing as I go. Same with the foodstuff - there won't be a lot going home - just sauces and salt and pepper and spices - that sort of stuff.

Someone asked if I went to the Sanctuary over the weekend. Yes I did. I didn't go with the toyboy. I went by myself. Then I drove through the mountains and went up to Marysville where those terrible fires had been. It was just awful. Poor little town. I didn't even recognise it. I came back here and took a look at some of the Marysville photos I took some years back and I couldn't even recognise the place. I knew more or less where I had taken the pictures from, but I couldn't find that spot. Couldn't even find the creek. Only about three places left standing in the main street. The trees are all gone. There's a bit of building going on but there is nothing much left at all. It was very sad and quite emotional.
The trees around that area have started to sprout leaves and twigs again, but it will be several years before they get full branches. It is a weird sight to see black trunks reaching up to the sky and a bunch of bright green leaves in clusters around them. Of course great areas of land had dead trees on them. And in the thick forests, the trees are in their bark shedding cycle - it looks a lot better down there. They will be almost back to normal in a year or two. I almost wish I had never gone back there.

Okay, so it is time for bed. We're almost into Wednesday here. Only three more days. Catch you all tomorrow.

happy2bme 03-23-2010 08:15 AM

Morning all,

Can't post personals this morning - have to get out early and take the car in for routine servicing. I'd better find that money tree soon as the dollars are flying out of this house faster than a strong breeze lately.

Got the ok from the doctor to wear a regular shoe again. He said all looks very good bone wise. My foot is still swollen and tender so I may not be totally done with the surgical shoe yet.

Gotta go get dressed. Will try and catch up at lunchtime.

MELODY525 03-23-2010 09:07 AM

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...WakeUPCall.gif

HAPPY TUESDAY! HAVE A GREAT DAY ONCE THOSE PEEPERS ARE PRIED APART AND SEEING STRAIGHT!!

MINE ARE A BIT FOGGY TODAY SO I'LL KEEP IT SHORT.
I TOOK A REST FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU YESTERDAY AND I WILL TODAY AS WELL. VERY DARK AND RAINY HERE AND BRINGING ON THE ACHES. JEN'S COMING DOWN AND WE'LL DO SOME ON LINE BILLING AND DISCUSS FINANCES FOR NEXT MONTH.
OFF I GO...:moped:

ANNIE....SHOULD WE WIRE YOUR MOUTH SHUT?? OR JUST BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!! NO MINDLESS EATING!! IT WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING. GET A HOBBY...PREFERABLY NOT ECVS!!!: :rofl: :rofl:

LAURA....YOU SURE ARE EXERCISINGOVER THERE!! I WAS THINKING WE COULD HAVE AN EASTER EGG ROLL ON YOUR LAWN THIS YEAR...WHATCHA THINK??? :easter:

HAPPY....WHEN MY MONEY TREE GROWS, I'LL SHARE IT WITH YOU. PLANTED IT YESTERDAY :lol3: :lol3: GLAD THE BONE PART IS OK WITH THE FOOT AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR HEALING THE REST OF IT!! BE KIND TO YOUR FEET!! GIVE THE FOOT A CHANCE TO HEAL FROM THE INSIDE OUT :hug: LOVING THE FLOWERS!

MICHELLE....GIVE YOURSELF SOME MENTAL DOWN TIME THIS WEEK TOO. KEEP THE SNOW OVER THERE...OR I'LL SEND YOU MY RAIN :rain: LOL

CEEJAY...DID ANY OF THAT NASTY WHITE STUFF MAKE IT DOWN TO YOU?? IT WAS HRD TO TELL LOOKING AT THE WEATHER CHANNEL. COLD TEMPS FLYING ALL OVER THE PLACE :brr:

SHAD.....I WAS THINKING THE SAME THOUGHTS BEFORE YOU LEFT TO GO THERE..VERY SAD. I REMEMBER THE REPORTS ON THE TV OVER HERE. I WONDER WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE HAVE GONE TO. I'M GLAD YOU SAW MOTHER NATURE REPLENISHING THE AREA AGAIN. ONE DAY IT WILL ALL BE GREEN. SENDING A HUG :hug: AND GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOUR LAST FEW DAYS THERE.

annie175 03-23-2010 09:09 AM

Glorious Tuesday, the birds were singing beautifully. High today 60 and sunny...yes...and Chelle...you will be pleased to know I have walking on the agenda. We only get about a mile in, but hey, that is better than doing nothing.

Ceejay...yes let's set a start date for the 30 day shred. I can only do it on the days I don't have CVS. I haven't even cracked the wrapper on the dvd. Is it something you have to do every day? I will try to review it Wednesday night. Maybe start on Thursday evening? I can give you my schedule for CVS and I can plan on joining you on my off days. SOund good? Let me know.

Shaddie...too sad about Marysville. It is kind of like going to a funeral viewing and seeing that person in the casket after a long illness, I usually just wish I had memories rather than seeing them. I can still picture my best friend that died when we were 16. She suffered cancer for 2 years and by the end was really not recognizable. A couple of more wake ups then you are off to home, don't work too hard these last few days and safe travels my sista friend.

Chelle...ok, ok, ok, I am doing it. Yesterdays eats were mostly ok. I had a couple of slips. Girl scouts ff cookies and multi-grain Pringles. Both are gone now and today I am on board, at least at this hour I am. For breakfast I had plain greek yogurt (strangely I love this stuff), and an apple with 2T of peanutbutter. Lunch is tomato soup, pineapple and a few grapes. I may have a fiber bar mid-afternoon as I need to keep things flowing (iron). Evening is when I have the hardest time. WOrking at CVS tonight, but I AM WALKING THIS AFTERNOON,

annie175 03-23-2010 09:13 AM

Oops, it posted before I was done...

I AM WALKING THIS AFTERNOON, as my Chelle will kick my arse if I don't...and ditto back at cha!

Happy...take it easy and slow with the foot sista. Time heals all wounds, it will come, just be patient....or where men are concerned...Time WOUNDS all HEALS. ba haha.

MELLIE...tried to sneak in on me, did ya? Yes, Ms. Mellie...spank me, I've been good...oh, you mean beat me cause I am doing things I ought not? lol Glad the peepers are peeping correctly. hugs

Hello's to all.
Love and hugs.

annie175 03-23-2010 09:15 AM

Oh and BTW...eCVS was uneventful last night. Did get hit on by a very young (22 or 23 yr old) black guy. He was very very cute too. I just smiled and got back to stocking the shelves. LOL

annie175 03-23-2010 09:25 AM

Upside Down Pizza

1-2 lbs of sausage, beef, turkey, whatever you like (I used maple sausage and italian sausage, browned and drained.
Pepperoni slices (nuked in paper towel 30 seconds, then wipe grease away)
1 Lg jar of spaghetti sauce (I add a T of sugar or splenda, then a teas. of oregano, basil, garlic)
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use FF or Lowfat) (Iused the shredded generic brand of cheeses mozzarella, parmesan, etc)
1 8oz tube refigerated crescent rolls
Any veggies you like on your pizza. Green peppers chopped, onions-chopped or sliced, anything hard I nuke to semi-soft.
mushrooms
black olives

Preheat oven to 350.
Brown, drain meat.
Add spaghetti sauce to meat..mix, simmer for a few

In 9x13 pan sprayed with pam
Spread layer of meat sauce
layer of cheese
all veggies
layer of meat
layer of cheese
Pinch together the crescent rolls to make a top for the layered mixture. Place on top, like a crust.
Bake 45 minutes UNCOVERED. (or till top is golden brown)

MAJOR YUMMY!

diyana 03-23-2010 11:29 AM

Happy Tuesday ladies -

Last night, I did two 1/2 hour Zumba classes and a 1/2 hour strength training class, and I'm not even overly sore today! Yay! Plus, I love the endorphins! Tonight is 1/2 hour of Zumba, and I'll probably do some additional cardio, in addition to at least a one-mile walk. I gotta fess up though...I stopped at Taco Bell after the gym. It was calling me, and I couldn't resist. Okay...so I've had a slip. Now it's back on track for this chick...I'm going to work out even harder and eat "clean".

Happy - Be careful transitioning to regular shoes. When I had foot surgery, even after I got the all clear to go back to regular shoes, I had trouble as my foot was still pretty swollen and sore, so I'd wear the shoes for an hour or so and then switch to the surgical shoe. Hope the car appointment goes well.

Ceejay - What a great idea to do the 30 day Shred with Annie!!

Shad - I'll bet you'll be glad once you get the docu, laundry and packing done. I hope your last few days finishing up the job go smoothly. Have you heard about the pending contracts for after you finish this one? Or will you get a little break to stay home and work in the garden and on the house? It is so sad to see fire devastation. Coming from California where there are so many bad fires, it's very emotional to see all the destruction to buildings and open space, and worse of course if there were any serious injuries or fatalities. :hug:

Mel - Good for you for taking rest days yesterday and today. Not much time for mental down time this week...unless you count Zumba time, which is always fun and does clear my head and reduce my stress. We don't have any more snow...except in the really shady spots or the mounds of snow in parking lots where the snow plow pushes all the snow.

Annie - I'm glad you're taking a walk today. I'm walking as well. Sounds like your eating is right on plan. Do you eat before you go to CVS? Or do you get a dinner break? Or do you eat after? Thanks for the upside down pizza recipe.

I suppose I should get some work done...or maybe get some more coffee first! :coffdate:

Here's to a terrific Tuesday for all of us (and a wonderful Wednesday for Shad)!

Love and hugs,

annie175 03-23-2010 11:50 AM

Chelle...if I eat when I work at CVS it is when I get home. Last night I was so tired. I didn't eat at all. I got home at 10:06 and was in bed by 10:09. Just long enough to wash my face and let Hello out to potty. I don't have enough time to eat between jobs and only get a 15 minute break at CVS, that I don't normally take. I didn't need to eat last night anyway as I had eaten the other junk prior when I was being bad Annie. Have a good one.

Laura705 03-23-2010 01:52 PM

Hey everybody! Just checking in. I'll have to catch up later. :flow1: