Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #196  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Susie - sorry about your father. That must be difficult.Maybe at that time each year, you just need to cut yourself some slack on what you are eating.

Good job on the walk!! 3 miles in 45 minutes is awesome. I jog - but I find that walking that pace for a long period of time is quite challanging!!

I have been doing awesome - I weighed myself this morning and saw 213.0! Whoo hoo! I had hit a bump in the road and leveled off for a while, but now things are heading downwards again! Sunday is the big day... I will be purchasing my dress for my sisters wedding in October. I have lost enough that I should be able to get a size 16 instead of the 18 (whoo hoo!) and I am hoping that I will need to have it taken in a whole bunch by the wedding!! (My aunt says you can take in a dress up to two sizes - but I am just shooting for size 14 by then!)

I have been doing great in the evenings - just eating my one snack instead of grazing/bingeing all evening. Having a snack planned at a specific time each evening has been a HUGE help for me. (I can thank my therapist for help coming up with my evening plan)

This lsoing weight/changing the way I eat/changing the way I think about food sure is a LOT of work. But it seems totally worth it.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #197  

Height: 5'7"

Hi--ever have one of those days where you just aren't feeling it? That's me today. I don't know why but I do feel a bit tired so maybe that is it. So, I've told myself that the answer is not to over-eat or binge on sugar for energy, but to rest. I'm resting my mind and my body today. I know that something is going on..my hands are so swollen that I could barely get my rings on today. I didn't get as much water in yesterday as usual so maybe that is what is causing that swelling and the fact that I'm tired. I am on my 6th glass of water for the day so far so I'm doing much better than yesterday.

I came here to remind myself that what I am doing is worth it and there was SCraver's post...so inspiring! Thanks SCraver! Would you mind telling a little more about your therapist and how that is helping you and maybe how you found one to help with all of this?
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #198  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post
I came here to remind myself that what I am doing is worth it and there was SCraver's post...so inspiring! Thanks SCraver! Would you mind telling a little more about your therapist and how that is helping you and maybe how you found one to help with all of this?
Yay! I am glad you found my post inspiring!

I have toyed with the idea of going to see a therapist for years. I went to one years ago, but I gave up after 3 sessions. She was nice enough, but I wasn't getting what I expected out of it. I probably should have looked for a therapist that was a better match for me.

So... sometimes I get depressed. Lately, I have been having quite a bit of anxiety. But what really pushed me over the edge to find a therapist was about a month ago when I realized I had plateued in my weight loss. Not because of anything physical. I knew exactly why I wasn't losing weight (bingeing in the evenings, bad weekend habits) and I also knew that the only way I was going to over come this permanently was to seek outside help.

I looked up online to find a therapist in my area, that took my insurance (my insurance has a website were I looked up a list of therapists), that was a woman, who spoke English. I felt that talking to a woman would be better than a man. How can a man understand the stress I face as a working mom?

I have had three sessions so far. She is really nice. I talk and she helps me think about how I can fix things. I told her about my bingeing in the evening (btw, she also specializes in eating dissorders). She asked me when I was eating and what. When she asked me when - it triggered in my mind the fact that my day is all set up - I have a plan and times for when and what I eat - but no plan, no time set up for when I eat in the evenings. Since I have had a plan (as simple as it is) I can look forward to my ONE snack in the evenings and enjoy it fully and have been able to keep myself under control. (Now I just need to keep doing it until it is habit!)

The stuff she says may seem pretty much common knowledge - but she helps me to look at things differently. To think about different ways to handle things. She has also invited me to a group therapy. But I can't make this session. I am hoping to make it to the next session.

(Sorry - didn't mean to write a novel!)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #199  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Not seeing any great loss right now. DARN!!! Well i asm still plugging along. Walked 2.5 miles today and trying to eat 1650 cals. OH MY!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #200  

Hi Ladies! So, I went to TOPS to weigh-in on Thursday. Felt great about myself. I've worked out, tracked my food and I have a 2.5 lb GAIN! WTH???

I know this sounds weird but I think it's the antibodics I am on. This is my second round. I'm finished with them today. I had strep 3 weeks ago and then I had bronchitis. Every time I'm on a antibodic I seem to show a gain.

This week I won't weigh-in because I'll be in Minneapolis on Thursday and Friday. This week I won't get much of a workout in except lunch time walks..I have meetings after work Mon-Wed and Wed night I have to pack.

So, I'm hopping that in 2 weeks I will show a big loss..I'm more than hoping..I'm working for it.

SCraver: Thanks for sharing that info with me. I've been thinking about doing the same thing and my company provides 10 free sessions with a theipist--after that it starts being paid through insurance. With all the changes that are coming up for me, I am feeling very anxious and I know that makes me binge. I think I"ll look into using those sessions.

Mindy: How are you doing hitting your calorie requirement? I know you feel that is a lot of food but maybe until you hit it consistantly you won't see the loss you expect? You have the best determination of anyone I know! Hang in there and work really hard on hitting that calorie requirement.

Ok..got to get to cleaning this house. See you all later.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #201  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- I have been hitting those calories and have been rewarded with a gain. How ya like that?? It is mid-cycle so I am waiting to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #202  

Just stopping in to check in.

Mindy: That is frustrating! Hopefully you will see that WOSH soon!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #203  

Hi! Where is everyone? Hopefully outside exercising!

I'm getting ready to leave for my 2 day trip tomorrow. I'll be in MN for a couple of days seeing my penpal of 31 years! Her daughter is an exchange student in MN and she came to visit her for a couple of weeks. I'm excited about seeing her.

Of course I wish I were thinner..I keep thinking about all the pictures and how I will not like them due to my weight. BUT, I know I can change that for the future.

I'll see you all and catch up when I get back! Bye
Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #204  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Can I brag for a moment?? I just got back from the gym. Today I got a new workout program and the trainer measured me... Since I joined the gym in September, I have lost:

19 lbs.
3% body fat
2.25 inches from my waist
2 inches from my hips
1.5 inches from my arm
3.25 inches from my thigh
1.25 inches from my calf

WHOO HOOO!!! I am feelin' pretty good.

Last edited by SCraver; 04-21-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #205  
mtiger

Wink

Scraver- Awesome. That must be nice to see. I am happy for you.

I on the other only seem to be gaining. Am I doing the mid-cycle gain again. GGRR!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #206  
mtiger

Wink

Where has everysone been. So last week I gained about 6 pounds. YEP!!! 6. Not sure how that is actually possible, but it's true. Yesterday I was 181.4, didn't work out and went out for dinner and 2 drinks. Today- 178. WTH???

I really don't have this figured out at all. I surrender.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #207  
mtiger

Wink

HEEEELLLOOO!!! Where is everybody??? Sat on my butt all day yesterday. Couldn't find the energy to do squat. Felt good to get up and moving today. Let me know how ya all are.

Just found out jillian has a cookbook coming out TOMORROW.. I think I'll have to get it.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #208  

Hi--quick stop in. I'm back from my trip and catching up.

SCraver: That is quite impressive! Keep up the good work

Mindy: When does that cookbook come out?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #209  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

I ate EVERYTHING this weekend... but I enjoyed it! Then I was back on track on Monday.

I have decided to cut back on my alcohol consumption. I am going to AIM for one weeknight and one weekend evening a week of having a couple drinks (instead of have a few drinks 5 out of 7 days a week). I think this will help me a lot. Alcohol doesn't help with weight loss.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #210  

Hi Everyone--I am just about caught back up in my life. When I am behind on things at work and home then my focus for losing weight goes right out the door.

So maybe instead of focusing so hard on just weight loss I need to focus on staying "caught up" and that will help me to feel in control which will lead me to being in control of my food and exercise which would lead to weight-loss...I think I just found a key to unlock my weight-loss door!

I have had a stomach virus for the past couple of days. It wasn't as bad as the one in Feb.--no ER visit this time. I haven't really eaten in about 2 days. I'm having some veggie noodle soup for lunch today and I also had toast for breakfast.

I have TOPS weigh-in tonight. I didn't plan to lose weight this way, but hey, as loss is a loss--I should show a loss...I BETTER show a loss!

SCraver-the calories from alcohol really add up quick so I think you will see a difference with the cut-back. Good job for getting right back on track on Monday!

Mindy: How you doing?

Ward, and Kelly--it's been a LONG time--I miss you!