Old 03-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #136  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Hola!

Girls night went SOOOo well. All the girls had fun! I nibbled all evening (instead of stuffing my face like I usually do). I never felt "stuffed" at any point - this was a HUGE improvement on my part. I did, however, drink a lot of Sparkling Raspberry Martinis. YUM! Then on Sunday, I had left over baked crab ranggons for lunch and more for dinner. (BAD, SHERRI!) Yesterday, I threw away the last four cupcakes and last three sugar cookies. They had to go. They weren't helping me.

I did go for a jog outside! Aprox. 4 miles (it is VERY hilly) and I did it in 57 minutes. I think that was a presonal best!

I have to be better about eating more veggies. There are veggies out there that I really like... but sometimes at the end of the day, I am just TOO tired to whip up a gormet meal and instead, just shove a lean pocket in the toaster oven.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #137  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela78 View Post
I had to share that I was 215.5 today!! That's 11 pounds lost.

For girls night, I really just ttried to only nibble on some things. I tried to stick with a lot of veggies (I made these cucumber cups with tomatoes & eggplant in them). Alcohol is a killer. Alcohol packs in the calories, increases your appetite and does things to your body that make it harder to lose - so if you can stay away from it on girly evenings - you are WAY ahead of me.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #138  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit View Post
Hi Everyone!
So yesterday I spent all of my workday unpacking--we moved down a floor in our building. I was BEAT by the time I left and this morning I can feel every muscle in my body.
I can jog a mile in 12 minutes pretty comfortably... but climbing up and down stairs is like torture to me. I think it has a lot to do with what we are used to. Moving around constantly, unpacking, lifting boxes, and going up and down stairs is probably not something you do everyday - so I wouldn't take it as a sign that you are necessarily "out of shape". Moving is a LOT of work! I told hubby if/when we ever move out of our house, we are going to have to save up for movers b/c I ain't doin' it!!! Lol!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #139  

Height: 5'7"

Hi--I am happy with myself--I have made it to the Y to do my workouts 2 days in a row this week! and you know...it's amazing at how much more energy I am having...just from moving a little more every day. Remind me of this when I tell you I am tired..tell me to get moving!

Mindy: Thanks for that info....it's something to work towards for sure!

Angela: WOW! 11 lbs...don't you feel so much better? Good work..keep it up!!

SCraver: Since you put it that way...I will count Monday as a workout! BTW I LOVE Sparkling Raspberry Martinis!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #140  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Okay, so TOM arrived and I was at 180. Not 183.8 like last month. I am hoping this is a good sign. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in. Since it is still TOM, I know it will be up some still.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #141  

I stayed the same at my weigh-in last night. I was ok with that..because I had gotten into the habit last week of having 2 peppermint patties at 10:45 a.m.--it was like clock work I tell ya!

So, I am happy with myself for making my workouts...I got 4 in last week...I'm going for 5 for this week. (I guess I think my weeks go Fri-Fri--at least my weight-loss weeks do!)

Mindy: I hope the weigh-in goes well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lower TOM weight is a sign of good things to come with the numbers on the scales.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #142  
mtiger

Wink

179.8 today. I've seen that number a million times. Hoping for something lower once TOM passes through. Did some walking/jogging tonight. That was different. Wish me luck.

Susie- Step away from the peppermint patties.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 226.5/199/150

Mindy- I feel for you! TOM is coming any day now for me. I was back up at 216 today. I'm sure my wight will be high for the next week, but hopefully will go back down after that. Fingers crossed for you.

Susie- I know those temptations are horrible. I admit I let myself give in every once in a while, like with the girl scout cookies. I just have like 2 and then walk away. I just can't make myself say no to everything sweet. I just have come the conclusion that my self-control is much better than before and I'll strive to do better and better. But, don't make it an everyday habit.
SCraver- I'm glad the girls night was successful. It sounds like you made a conscious effort to make good food choices. Yes, alcohol can ruin all your hard work. Luckily, my girls group doesn't really drink. One of the things I like is just diet cranberry juice (only 5 cals) and club soda or raspberry seltzer. I know it sounds kind of boring, but it's pretty good and better than indulging in vodka/cranberry or other alcoholic bevs.

Angela
Angela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #144  

What a beautiful weekend! It feels like spring and the week is promising more of that type of weather. I am hoping to be able to take a few walks outside this week.

I totally unplugged from things this weekend. I turned the BB off and stayed of the computer much of the time. It was so nice to take a break from all that stuff.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #145  

It is BEAUTIFUL here today. I'm making sure that I'm out of the office on time and when I get home, I'm taking a walk in the neighborhood.

What is everyone else up to?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #146  
mtiger

Wink

I wanted to jog after work, but we had a staff meeting that took.......forever. Tomorrow I have some meetings and should be done early. I am jogging....outside.

Enjoy this nice weather. You know March is a tricky one.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #147  

My walk last night was great! It felt so good to be outside. Tonight's workout is Zumba.

Food is going good. I have someone who comes in to cook for me 2 nights a week and last night she made a tortilla soup--broth based with corn and chilies in it..very good and harty..I brought that for lunch with a apple and a sugar free vanillia pudding.

Mindy: I hope you get outside today for a jog.

How is everyone else doing? Hope to see your posts today!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #148  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Yesterday, I did my 4 mile route in 53 - 54 minutes. BEST TIME EVER. I was thrilled... now today, I am just SO tired. My sister says maybe I should jsut do 2 miles and slowly work up to 4 as it gets easier to continuously jog (I jog a while, walk a minutes, jog a while, walk, etc.). I told her that idea was crap. Which, of course, it isn't, but I like doing my 4 mile route... so I am going to keep doing and eventually I won't feel SO tired the next day!!

Yesterday, I also signed up for my first 5k... it is in June.

I need to be better with the eating though. I have been eating too much in the evenings.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #149  

Good morning. I"m getting new furniture delivered today. I was/am apprehensive about buying new furniture but my other was 18 years old and my husband broke the couch abuot 2 weeks ago so it was time.

I just didn't want to spend the money right now with things so unsure about my job but you just can't put your life on hold forever and you have to have furniture!

So I'm working from home today. I got up early so I could clean my area rugs..I cleaned them out on the front porch and they are drying over the railing...my DH called me a hilly billy! I have wood floors and it was time to mop them again so I thought while everything was out of the living/dinning room I would just do a through cleaning.

I had the best yoga class last night! It always refreshes me.

Tonight is my weigh-in. I'm hoping for a good number. I really need to get at this harder than I have been if I want to see some weight really move...and I do!!

SCraver: You really ROCKED that 4 miles! Let your body rest and catch up with you today...do a light workout.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone one else.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #150  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Susie - yoga is great! I actually signed up for a Thursday yoga class that I have been skipping to jog instead, but today, I think I am going to take it. My legs are sore from jogging and my arms are sore from my strength training yesterday, so I think the yoga will do me some good!!

I WAS jsut about to eat a frozen pizza last night for dinner when I stopped and re-thought my priorities. I want to lose 5 more lbs before buying my dress for my sisters wedding. It's in October, and I think we are going to be ordering dresses SOON, so now is not the time to slack off!! I also couldn't sit and eat pizza in front of my 13 mo. old son while he ate his broccoli. SO, I opted for broccoli, talapia, and a glass of red wine! Whoo hoo!!