Old 08-13-2010, 08:38 AM   #316  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Susie- Well since you live in Ohio, you know what the weather has been like. I get in a walk at night..anywhere from 2-4 miles. If it is really hot..or rainy, I do a DVD. I am on the gain the past few days..can you say mid-cycle gain?? I am glad i don't stress about it anymore like I used to. I don't like it, but I know it will come back off.

You keep up those workouts. They sound great.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 226.5/199/150

Today I got on te scales and it's holding at 205, so that's not bad. I've reset that birthday goal. I hate to keep changing it, but I also want to attain a goal and I think the other one may have been a little too optimistic. Anyway, I've got 1 month (from yesterday) to get into the 100s. I don't want to make the goals too easy, but I want to reach them at the same time, so I figure there has to be a compromise, right? Good news today- I am wearing a top that has been new and in my closet for about 2 years because I bought it without trying it on (it was really inexpensive) and then it never fit. Besides being heavy, I also have a large chest, so sometimes tops are cute, but just won't work on me. I'll admit I'm a shopaholic, or at least I was when I had money to spend, and I have a lot of clothes, but I have been able to weed out a few things that are now too big and I'm forcing myself to get rid of them, saying that I will never need them again!! Getting a haircut tomorrow. Maybe that'll shed a pound! Haha, just kidding!!

Susie-Thanks again for the encouragement. I know I don't write here every day, but I am trying not to let more than a couple of days go by. As for as the exercise, I'm still not really sure what to do, but I'm working on it. I'm thinking swimming might be a good start. It's so hot and that would be something cool and refreshing. We have a pool and regrettably it hardly gets used. So, I think it's time to get some good use out of it.

Mindy- Sounds like you're hanging in there. Keep up the good work!
Angela78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #318  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies-I hope your weekends are going good. Mine has been very nice doing things with my DH. On Friday night we went to see Eat Pray Love...Great movie! I've been wanting to read the book but hadn't; after seeing the movie I really want to read it. A friend of mine loaned me hers to read,so I'll be starting on that soon.

I haven't worked out since Thursday. I took Friday off from my AM workout to get a few things done around the house. My home office is pretty much back in order. I bought a new desktop computer yesterday. I felt guilty spending the money but it's hard to do any real work on my laptop and my old desk top was 15 years old so it was time. I haven't sent up the desktop yet; I will be doing thing today or tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow since I like to do that stuff when no one is around and hubby will be at work tomorrow.

I plan to go for a neighborhood walk tonight to get moving again.

Mindy: How wonderful that you do not stress about those mid-cycle gains anymore!

Angela: The pool would be a great place to get in workouts. I use to take water areobics and I remember it was such a great workout.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #319  

Well, it's Monday! How was everyone's weekend? Not much going on here.We rented some movies Friday night and I got a haircut on Saturday, then stayed in the A/C most of the weekend. I heard there was a litle break in the weather up your way. Is that true? If so, that's great! I wish we would here, but probably not a chance of that happening for a couple more months. Anyway, scales read 205.5 today, so a little up. Actually, I think I need some new scales. I can step on them and they don't stick to 1 number. I got on and off 3 or 4 times today and they read anything from 201-206, so I never know what to believe. They'll change while I'm standing on them and so I'll get off and step back on and I'll get a completely different number and then another before I step off. After all that I stepped away and then tried again and it said 205.5 twice, so that's what I counted. It's kind of frustrating, so I'll have to look into some new ones, I think. I got up and got in the pool first this morning, instead of my normal routine of eating breakfast while reading the paper and watching tv. I did some laps, both length and width of the pool with a lttile breather in between and some "pedaling" and "pushoffs" from the steps. It was only about 15 mins., but I was feeling a little sick to my stomach, so I figured that was a good start for the first time and I came in and had my breakfast (Special K, almond milk, 1 cup coffee, and light yogurt=255 cals)Since then I've looked up some water aerobics routines and watched a couple of short videos, so I'll have a better idea of what to do. I think this might be the right workout, at least until winter. Then it'll be cool enough and less buggy to go for walks/runs. And I can still add in some Jillian dvds and wii active routines here and there to bump up the intensity.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #320  

Hi there! I slacked on the exercise today. I needed to get my house clean...I didn't get it all done over the weekend. I'm also doing some deep cleaning as I go. Trying to use the time off to get some of that sort of thing done.
So, I didn't make it to the Y. I also bought a new desk-top computer and printer over the weekend. The printer is wireless and I can print from my lap-top to it as well. This is going to make my life so much easier! My old desk-top was slow! and so was the old printer....they were 13 years old! I just usually used my laptop and when I needed to print something I waited until I was work..now I don't have to wait.

I want to get to the Y tomorrow but I'm not for sure. I'm planning on a yard sale this Saturday and I need to start pricing my stuff. It's a busy week but I know it's no excuse for not exercising.

Amanda: Good for you for doing that workout and for looking into other water workouts.

It's still hot here in Ohio but the humidity is down a bit so that helps.

I'll check in with everyone tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #321  
mtiger

Wink

Yesterday was beautiful here and today is looking great too. I finished painting my shed..man it looks nice. Now I am tackling the trim on the garag. this is my last week off school completely so I want to finish before I have to go back.

Scale said- 175.4 I did a lot of drinking Sat. night so i can't be too unhappy with that. Last night I ran 3 miles. Just stopped for a teenie breather a few times.

girls- Keep working. Never give up.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #322  

Hi girls! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Wish I could say that I was at the gym the whole time. I haven't made it there this week! I have got caught up in getting some deep cleaning done at home and then dealing with unemployment, and doing telephone screenings with recruiters. I have some good things on the horizon and one of the best things is that I might get to return to the company that sold my part of the business last year! If that happens I go back at my current salary and with my years of service in tact. That would be so cool! I"ll let you know as soon as I hear something.

I'm having a yard sale on Saturday so I've been busy today getting things priced and organized for that. Tomorrow will be a wash on the workouts a well; a friend of mine is having some outpatient surgery and I will be with her for that most of the day, so it looks like I will get back into the exercise game on Sunday. I"m going to TOPS tonight. We haven't had a meeting in 2 weeks....just a little scared to get on those scales but whatever it is, it is a new starting place for me...would love to start DOWN on those scales.

Mindy: I can't believe it is almost time for you to go back to school! A for the weight-gain with the drinking...hey we all need to kick up our heals every once in awhile! So proud of you when I read that you ran 3 miles!

Angela: Are you swimming? Keep swimming, keep swimming! (I love that from Nemo).
Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #323  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- It's OKAY. Just get back at it as soon as you can. Good luck with the job situation.

I think I have logged about 15 miles this week. Some running, some walking. Dang, I think I'm tired.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #324  

Well, sorry I've been MIA too. And I also wish I could say it's because I was at the gym or some other good exercise reason. I did go in the pool on Tuesday. It wasn't an actual workout, but I had my friend's 6 year old daughter for the day and we swam/played in the pool for an hour and half. Susie, good luck with your yard sale tomorrow. We're having one, too and I'm hoping to make some much needed cash.
By the way, the scale said 203.5 today. Almost there!!!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #325  

Hi Ladies,

My yard sale was a success! I made enough money to buy this comforter set that I have been wanting from J.C. Penny. I'm just amazed that people wanted to give me money for things I wanted to get rid of!

I also have a loss to report at TOPS, down 1.75 lbs! I have to look but I think I can change my tracker!

I am planning on getting up at 7 in the morning so I can get a walk in before church. This week I have a lot of things planned, some interviews, and some other appointments, so I've decided I'm going to do my walks outside this week at 7 every morning, that way I'm done before 8 and I can get all my appointments in and other things that I want to do around the house.

Angela: Good job on those scales! You are doing great...keep it up so those scales go down!
How did you do in your yard sale this week?

Mindy: 15 miles....awesome! Do you go back to school next week? Do you have your workouts planned.

Ladies we must plan to lose!

See you all tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #326  
mtiger

Wink

Back to work today. This week is basically setting up my room and getting organized. I did quite a bit today. It felt good. Just did Jillian's kickboxing DVD. UGH!! Need to breathe now. Hanging around 176, but TOm is coming..hopefully on time this month.

Ladie- Keep up the good work. You both lost weight. YAY!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #327  

Hi Ladies,

Confession time. I have worked out once since Saturday! I will get on it tomorrow.

The last few days I have been dealing with job interviews and I am happy to say that I will be returning to the company that sold my business unit exactly one year ago today. I will be working in another business there.

The company I am returning to is Procter and Gamble. This is what I wanted to do and have been working at. I have interviewed with other companies but hands down I wanted to return to P&G. I don't have a start date yet; it will most likely be in a couple of weeks...but maybe sooner. I have to do a drug test and they have to get me put back into the system.

Until I get that start date I'm keeping this quiet, so Mindy: Nothing on FB about it please!

I WILL get to the gym in the morning tomorrow. I have a recheck with my doctor in 3 months (saw her today for a blood draw for my thyroid) and she mentioned my weight. So my new goal is 15 lbs in 3 months.

Mindy: How is school going and are you doing ok with getting your workouts in? Aren't you in a new place this year?

Angela: What is going on with you?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #328  

203 yesterday-still on track for 199 by Sept. 12th. I don't know how your weather has been up north, but we have had rain, rain, and more rain!! I am so sick of it!! Trying to keep busy inside.
Our yard sale was kind of a bust! Long story, short: HOA Pres said it's against the bylaws and was turning people away at the gate. A few people got in and I made like $30 and Mom made like $100. Oh well! The neighbor was actually having a sale and told us ahead of time, so we thought we'd set up too.

Susie-Congrats on the yard sale and the new job! Good luck on the new goal! You can do it!

Mindy-Good luck on the new school year. Keep up the good work on that running!!

Kelly- Love ya!! Miss you!!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #329  

Hi Girls,

My workout today was actually a walk outside this morning. It felt good to get to moving again.

Angela: Thanks for the encouregment that I can meet that goal. Now, I need you here everyday bugging me about it! Ok?

We have had beautiful weather this week, very low humidity and lots of sunshine. I'm sorry you are having rain. That just sucks about your yardsale. The town I live in doesn't have neighborhoods with HOA; my brother has one where he lives.

Keep up the good work for staying on track! You can do it!

Mindy: I need you to bug me about my goal too..ok? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kelly and Ward: Would love to hear from you!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #330  

Hi Ladies-Last night was my TOPS weigh-in and I stayed the same. I expect a loss next Thursday as I will be working hard for it starting today.

I have my start date for my new job; I return to work on Sept. 2. I'm sort of happy to have a week to myself.

What's everyone doing this weekend? My DH and I are painting the spare bedroom. It has been empty because of no $$ to buy furniture but a friend of mine downsized her house and had a bedroom suite she said I could have so now I get to decorate that room---starting with fresh paint. We moved in to our house 3 years ago..it all had fresh paint but it was flat paint so we are slowly repainting.

Looking forward to everyone's posts.