Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #211  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning my friends,

Annie - I am so sorry to hear about Vicki. She is in a better place free of the pain and illness, and she was surrounded by those she loves. Hugs and prayers to her family and her friends, including you my sister.

Mel - The VIKINGS are NOT good looking!!! I used to think the QB was a cutie when he wore Green and Gold, but now that he wears purple and is a primadonna, he's ugly as sin! Jeff Saturday of the Indy Colts does have dreamy eyes and his teammate Peyton Manning has an adorable personality and is not bad looking. And Annie's right, most of them have bodies that can make ya'

Shad - Yes, I know, American Football with all the pads and protection is not as tough as soccer, rugby or Aussie rules football. Hope you can find a good, reasonably priced Internet solution.

Happy - I hope your tummy feels better soon.

Laura - How is your knee doing? Take care of yourself and don't overdo. As Happy suggested, find other exercises you can do.

My left calf was SO sore this morning, and I don't know why. Walking has helped a bit. I hope it calms down completely before Zumba class tonight. I sit near the stairwell, so I'll probably take some breaks throughout the day and do some calf stretches on the stairs. I'm really finding that, as much as I dislike journaling and counting my points, it really is helping me make better decisions and stay within my points by choosing the most filling foods that are low in points. Of course, it also helps to not be entertaining out of town guests.

I've got lots of work to get done today, and thankfully, no meetings scheduled so far.

TTYL chickies!

Lots of love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 01-19-2010 at 08:55 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #212  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. I AM DONE FOR THE DAY ALREADY. MADE ONE CALL AND THEN WENT DOWN WITH THE WEEKEND REPORT. WOULD YOU BELIEVE A MAINT MAN LEFT AN 86 YR OLD WOMAN WITH SEVERE ASTHMA ON SATURDAY WITH A BUCKET AND TOLD HER HE'D COME BACK TUESDAY AND FIX THE TOILET FLUSHING PROBLEM! I'LL PROBABLY HAVE LARYNGITIS BY NIGHTFALL. SHAD PROBABLY HEARD ME OVER IN OZ!
BUT ALL IS WELL ON THE HOME FRONT. GOING TO EAT BREAKFAST AS SOON AS I POST. YELLING GAVE ME AN APPETITE. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

SHAD~ WE'RE NOT SUCH A TOUGH LOT AS YOU AUSSIES. WE NEED THE PROTECTION WITH ALL THE PADDING. WE'RE A SISSY LOT! YOU CAN TELL BY THE EYES WHETHER HE'S CUTE OR NOT

ANNIE~ I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT VICKI BUT SHE IS WITH THE ANGELS NOW. SENDING GOOD THOUGHS TO YOU AND HER FAMILY.

HAPPYGETTING AN EARLY START? HAVE A GOOD ONE. HOPE THE FOOT FEELS OK AT WORK
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #213  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

YIKES!! MICHELLE SNUCK IN ON ME. HOPE THE CALF FEELS OK LATER AT WORK. HAVE A GREAT DAY. I'LL HAVE TO ASK JEN WHO SHE THINKS IS THE CUTEST.....BUT OF COURSE NOT IN FRONT OF RICHIE!!! HE'll NEVER LET HER WATCH IT AGAIN!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-19-2010 at 09:01 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #214  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I hope the rest of your day gets better so you don't have to yell at anyone!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #215  

Mel - Hope you don't get laryngitis, but that guy deserved it!

Michelle - Hope your calf feels better so you can Zumba tonight! My knee is feeling a bit better today. I took it easy last night and had bf drive me to the train station again this morning. Keep up the logging!!

Annie - So sorry to hear about the passing of Vicki. My prayers go out for her family. Time sure drags when work is slow.

Shad - Hope you can find a more economical source of internet - we miss your posts!!

Happy - Hope your tummy bug goes away soon!

Hi Ceejay!

Not much to report. Took it easy last night. Watched some tv and tried my hand at a couple more crochet stitches. I may be ready for an actual project soon. Tonight is the movies and we're finally seeing "It's Complicated". Looking forward to it.

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #216  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Have a great time at the movies, and please let us know what you think. It's Complicated is a movie I really want to see. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better. Good for you for taking it easy.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #217  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh boy and I embarrassed - was reading fast and thought Shad was commenting on FIREMEN not footy players and their gear. No wonder she talked about a jock That's what I get for trying to speed read. And I do need glasses. But they again, regarding the lack of much of a uniform - didn't you say the Aussie guys are fond of showing off their bods?

Good Lord Mel - I can't believe that dummy. The oldster should have given him a big bang on the head with that bucket. But that's how contractors are - any excuse to leave and not finish the job. I would not have wanted to be around when you got to yellin'. I hope they know how lucky they are to have you - and I suspect they do.

Laura - I heard It's Complicated is a good movie - hope you enjoy it. We saw Avatar on Sunday. 160 minutes long but it was great and does hold your attention. 20 bucks for movie tickets (and it was a MATINEE show) 9 dollars for 2 bottles of water and 4 bucks for a pretzel. I don't know how kids can take each other on dates. Guess Mom gives 'em the VISA card when they go out.

Michelle - be gentle with that calf - don't want to go ripping anything. I would probably give it an ace bandage wrap for support if you're going to go Zumba'ing later. I am trying to buy some Zumba CDs from Ebay but they are quite pricy. I nixed the idea of rejoining the gym at this point too tho they do have Zumba classes. I didn't realize it's a Latin beat. Maybe I can take Zumba and refresh my Spanish language skills (tho it's very kind to call them skills). It's just that you sound like you have so much fun that it's very motivating!

I did not get to the store this weekend nor did I make up a shopping list for DH. Consequently I got lunch in the cafeteria. Ick yuk, they had some mushroom stroganoff which was mushrooms in a clear sauce, the steamed greenbeans were soggy and the fountain Coke is mostly seltzer water and no syrup so no taste. I ate the mushrooms, picked at the green beans and tossed most of it out. I did get a small bowl of garden vegetable soup - that was ok because it comes prepackaged. They are getting less business as the food gets worse - I hate to see it go under as you have to go pretty far to get a decent meal around here - it's mostly an industrial park and gangland shoot 'em up fest around here so options are limited. I have some vegetables at home, maybe I can roast some up and make a roasted vegetable wrap for tomorrow (I have lunch with 2 friends the rest of the week). So far my tummy is resting up - I had some ginger ale this morning. I have tried a few stomach related meds like Immodium but they don't seem to do any good - not sure if it's because this is more in my intestinal tract than my stomach. God's diet I guess

Anyway, happy Tuesday - 19th of January. It's Monday to me and I've been misdating things all morning
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #218  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Laura...I got to see "It's Complicated" last weekend. It is pretty funny and you will enjoy it. I am not fond of Alex Baldwin, but am very fond of Merill Streep and Steve Martin. Very cute, funny movie. Glad the knee is feeling better. Hope it is perfect soon.

MELLIE....that contracter obviously does not know how dang good you are at bonking people over the head. Best he get a grip on MELLIE 101.

Chelle...is the calf a good sore or a hurts so good sore? Sheesh I have been hanging around Mellie too long. lol. Work that calf sista, work it, work it.

Happy...I am not looking real hard for a guy, but CVS is like EHarmony, only live from Studio B. LOL. Make your grocery list and check it twice, get some healthy foods to take to lunch. Enough of that overprice slop in the cafe'. As for Mike, I have not seen him since Sat nite. I am going to have a chat with him soon. Don't really want to do it over the phone, or do I? hmmmmmm, pondering.

Shaddie....Missin' your posts, hope you get decent internet service soon.

Not much else going on, right now I have the sleepy's. I could just lay my head down and pass out. The iron is helping but not today. Going to see mom directly after work, not staying long as I want to get home to bed. I am excited about getting to bed early. Got my yearly physical/pap tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. I love my doctor, she is great, but I don't really like this part of it. Then have to schedule my mammogram.

Best get this posted before I lose it AGAIN, that about peed me off.

Love and Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #219  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you ladies, AGAIN, for all your support in my sordid life. Men, Family, Deaths, you are the best ever. I feel so blessed to have you all in my life. Thank you for your condolences concerning Vicki.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #220  
Creating a Healthier Me

Don't know why, but I'm really tired this afternoon. I didn't even have a heavy lunch. Hmmmm. And my calf is still sore. I'll go easy on the Zumba tonight.

Happy - $20 for a matinee? Yikes! Your idea of an ace bandage wrap is a good one. Zumba CDs are pricey. And it's not the easiest moves to learn. But it is lots of fun. It is definitely a Latin beat...though our instructor has us doing Zumba style folk dancing to Hava Nagilah , which keeps speeding up as the song goes on. Do you have a parks and rec class you can take? I would recommend learning from an instructor. I'm fortunate that our instructor goes over and over the moves slowly and breaks them down. She is a professional dancer/dance instructor. The other Y instructors just have you jump in blindly. Sorry your lunch was so lousy. Hope you feel better soon. I eat at our cafeteria a lot...luckily the food is good. We do have other options within a short driving distance...but parking is so scarce around here, that if you leave mid-day, you'll end up parking in the back 40, and that long of a walk sucks in the winter time.

Annie - Wake up. No sleeping on the job. I hope you have a nice visit with Momma. I hate annual exams. Ugh. Not looking forward to mine. The calf is not a good sore. Nope...not good at all. But I don't think it's anything serious.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #221  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
....but CVS is like EHarmony, only live from Studio B. LOL.
Best line of the day Annie - I will never be able to look at a CVS the same
Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #222  
Choose your hard

oh and thanks for the helpful Zumba tips Michelle - I was outbid, I suspect some shill bidding going on - either that or it's someone who wanted it like I did. But it hit the limit I was willing to pay so buh bye

I saw some videos on You Tube, I get cramps in my feet, am wondering if Zumba might not work for me. That's a great idea about cheaper Parks and Recs or Y classes too. Thanks!!!!

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-19-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Maybe Mike has picked up on your vibes and isn't going to return. Enjoy your visit with your mom. I've heard that grocery stores was a good place to meet men. Guess CVS is just as good.

Michelle
Ouch on that sore calf. Did you go to Zumba class?

Laura
How is your knee doing? Did you like the movie? I bought my pedometer at Walmart. It does a good job on the counting steps. You do have to enter your stride. I'd like to have a heart rate monitor.

Mel
That maintenance man sounds like some of of the land lord's men. You have my permission to use an rolling pin if needed.

Happy
Speed readiing can be dangerous and funny at the same time.

Shad
How are things going at work?

I started the National Body Challenge. It kinda sounds like the cholesterol diet I was on at one time. I'm making up my own rules as I go that fit into my life style.
I'm more than ready to go home.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #224  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Laughing like crazy over the mixup of the firemen and the footballers. I'd better see if I can attach photos so Happy can see the difference.

Finally after much discussion with the (No) Help desk, I have managed to get into this site gain. But it may disappear when I try to save it. So I won't make this a long post. In fact I'll send it now before I lose this bit.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #225  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Dark and rainy morning out there. I am running late so I'll just take my blind self forward and will think of witty greetings to y'all on the drive in. Will talk later