Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Not much going on here today. I enjoyed my day off yesterday and hope to today.
The bad thing is that I ordered pizza last night but the good things is I only ate three pieces and threw the rest in the garbage. It wasn't good.
The good thing is I'm down a pound-197.2. Yipee.

Annie
Don't blame you for not going on the second date espicially if you don't feel the chemistry. Your mom may be a upsest with the latest proceedure. It takes a good deal out of a healthy person to go through that.

Mel
Feel better soon. I had some stress related issues Monday night. I'm pin pointing my IBS with nerves/stress issues.

Happy
Hope your day is better than yesterday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #152  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday Our Dear Ruthie!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #153  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Ceejay - Congrats on the pound weight loss!! YGG!! You have more willpower than I when it comes to pizza. DH doesn't eat pizza so there's no one to share with, and I really don't know when to stop. I guess if it wasn't good, I might've been able to toss it.

Ruth - Happy Birthday!!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #154  
Creating a Healthier Me

Weigh in wasn't good. Not at all. But I'm not gonna let it get to me. I know what I did that caused the gain...and it was eating off plan, not tracking and not exercising every day. Not to mention TOM is due soon. And I'm back on track as of Tuesday...so I'm turning things around.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #155  
Creating a Healthier Me

Get a Free 2-Week Membership to Bally's when you sign up for Discovery's National Body Challenge, which is also free.

http://health.discovery.com/national...challenge.html

I'm not a huge fan of Bally's, but I know a lot of people like them.

The National Body Challenge also provides good info and tools.

Last edited by diyana; 01-14-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #156  

Hello everyone. It's almost Friday, so things are looking up. My weight jumped from last week's weigh-in and I'm slightly surprised even though my eating's been off track. But I'm logging my food again and seeing the errors of my ways, LOL. I also know that I must resign myself to being the one to get decent food in the house and prepare good meals on a consistent basis. So this weekend I need to plan and shop and cook. Unfortunately, my weekend begins Friday night w/ book club, which always includes snacks that everyone brings. And Saturday morning I'm meeting a former co-worker for breakfast. Challenging. I will try to practice portion control!

Ceejay – Oh, that's a good amount of vacation days you have! Hope you're enjoying your 5 days off! Good for you getting rid of that pizza. That would be really, really ard for me! Congrats on the 1 pound loss!!

Annie – Twitterpated? LOL. Glad to hear your mom's doing well, if ornery! At least the Starbucks treats were decaf, ha ha. I received a Starbucks gift card at Christmas but I'm scared to carry it with me. I'm not a coffee drinker, but all the other yummy stuff they have – beverages and food – could be dangerous. I don't want to get into the habit! I like that quote you found!!

Michelle – I didn't really care for Wuthering Heights. I disliked almost all of the characters, and I didn't like the writing style. And it's odd that I think I read it before, yet I didn't remember anything about it. Guess it was so long ago, and I probably rushed through it just to get it over with. This time after I read each chapter, I'd read the Cliffs Notes chapter summary and commentary. That made it seem like homework. Funny thing is I never ever relied on Cliffs Notes when I was a student!

Good you're not letting a gain get to you. Your confidence and perseverance will get you to your goals!! I know it will. I belong to Bally's and it's mainly about proximity to my house (2 miles away) and secondarily the cost. Otherwise, they have all the equipment I need, and if I could try out some more of the classes (I like the yoga class), I'm sure I'd find something else I like. It could be cleaner though…

Mel – Hope you slept in and had pleasant dreams!

Ruth – Happy Birthday!!!

Shad, Patty, Nae – hello!

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #157  

Michelle,
I've been following the National Body Challenge on the discovery health channel. The web sight does have some good information on it.

Laura
Ihad to read Wuthering Height in an English literature class. It was boring to say the least. The movie held my interest more because I didn't have to visualize it in my brain. I need to start going to the Library.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #158  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
In a bit of a hurry here, so I won't do much in the way of personals - sorry. I'm totally worn out. The amount of work to be done as well as teach and mentor is staggering. We will get there, and fortunately, most of the guys seem to be trying to go with the flow as well.
I seem to have done not much else this week but come home, go to bed, get up go to work. Thank heavens for the canteen at work! It may not be OP at times, but it is cheep and it is good.

The writing style of Wuthering Heights is really old English. I read it years ago as part of an English course. Can't remember the last one I read, but it drove me crazy. So many words, so little action.

Annie - give your mum a hug from me. I'm so pleased she is doing well. Hopefully you may be able to move her out and home for a day pass soon.

And that's about it. I have to sort out my grocery list for shopping for the week. Then some dinner if I can find something to eat and then some downtime - my feet hurt, my brain hurts. At least my nose is not running.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #159  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. HOPE EVERYONE WILL BE FEELING WARMER TODAY. ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS.

I ALREADY HAD A FIGHT WITH THE LUNCH LADY. RANG MY BELL AND THEN DIDN'T WAIT FOR ME TO GET OUT OF BED FAST ENOUGH FOR HER LIKING. I GO DOWN STAIRS & SHE'S SCREAMING AT ME THAT SHE HAS NO HEAT. WHO GIVES A RAT'S BUTT. THAT'S NOT MY JOB. IF SHE FORGOT THAT FACT....SHE REMEMBERS IT NOW
TODAY I AM GONNA TAKE THE DAY SLOW. JUST NOT FEELING MYSELF. I DON'T SEEM TO BE REBOUNDING FROM "SITUATIONS" THE WAY I WAS. I HVE A LIST OF PHONE NUMBERS FOR THIS WOMAN AND WILL SET SOME RULES DOWN LATER ON. I'LL TRY TO CATCH UP NOW ON THE POSTS....

ANNIE~ GLAD MOM IS ORNERY. HAS TO BE A GOOD SIGN? GOOD CHOICE ON DATE NIGHT. NOT THAT YOU ASKED 2 STARBUCKS AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE ER BEING TREATED FOR RAPID PULSE BUT I AM JEALOUS

MICHELLE~ WE WILL BE CHEERINGYOU ON TO ONEDERLAND!! HOPE IT WENT WELL AT WW .....GOING TO NEXT PAGE....
OH POOP! GOOD THAT YOU WON'T DWELL ON IT. WHAT IS...IS. TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY. THERE ARE FOODS WE ALL KNOW WE CAN'T EAT ANY LONGER WITHOUT PAYING THE PRICE. KEEP THE FAITH....YOU WILL GET TO ONEDERLAND AND I WILL GET BACK INTO TWODERVILLE I'LL WAVE AS YOU PASS ME BY

CEEJAY~ CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS! THAT IS GREAT ALSO ON THROWING THE PIZZ OUT. MAYBE BUYING IT BY THE SLICE WOULD BE BETTER. THAT'S HOW THE OFFICE BUYS IT NOW SO THEY CAN'T OVEREAT. I DO HEAR YOU ON THE IBS AND STRESS. THIS TIME FOR ME IT WAS MY LAXATIVES WORKING OVERTIME

LAURA~ SOUNDS LIKE ALL GOOD PLANS TO ME. SEND THE BF TO CHEF SCHOOL AND HE CAN BE YOUR TRAINER & COOK. I THINK ALL MEN SHOULD BE COOKING FOR THEIR LADIES

SHAD~ SORRY TO HEAR YOU'RE SO WORKED-OUT. HOPE THE BOYS KEEP GOING WITH THE FLOW AND EVERYTHING WILL FALL INTO PLACE. THANKS GOD FOR CANTEENS...AND GOOD FOOD TO BOOT. SENDING A HUG YOUR WAY LIL' SIS
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #160  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Just a lot going on. I have been tired in the morning so been sleeping in an extra 15 minutes or so - there's my computer time. Been busy at work so haven't had the lunch times I usually post at and when I get home from work I've been trying really hard to tackle some of the to-do's I have instead of sitting in front of the TV and computer.

We have a 3 day weekend ahead which is good - I'm hoping to catch up.

Will talk later. Love to the chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #161  
Creating a Healthier Me

TGIF! I am so ready for the weekend! I'm really tired today and a good kind of sore from strength training and Zumba last night. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend watching football, maybe doing a little cooking, and playing Wii and Wii Fit.

Laura - Sounds like we both have had a reality check that has gotten us back to logging food. Let's keep each other on track, okay? Portion control is key. As for book club, can you bring snacks? Veggies and dip maybe? Thanks for the honest opinion on Wuthering Heights. I'm glad you like Bally's. I've heard that the one near my work is kind of a meat market and full of "beautiful" people who just want to be seen/hit on. But I guess that's true of many gyms. It is nice to find a gym that you like, can afford and is convenient.

Ceejay - I love getting books from the Library, and if I'm not done with them by the due date, I can renew them by phone or online. Very convenient. Plus it's on the way to the gym for me.

Shad - So nice when you have a cheap, good canteen handy. We have that at work too, though it's not always cheap...but it is convenient and tasty. I hope you get to rest your brain a bit this weekend. That's what I need to do as well.

Mel - What a rude awakening! Sheesh! I'm glad you're deciding to take it easy today. I've got A LONG way to go to ONEDERLAND, and I appreciate your support. First goal is 10% (which is 17 lbs away). But I will get there. I just have to be honest and accurate about my tracking, and move A LOT more.

Happy - Sorry to hear you've been so tired. I hope you have a nice relaxing 3 day weekend. Don't try and tackle too many of your to-do's. I have to work on Monday, but DH has it off.

A big and to Annie, Patty and everyone!

Time for me to get some work done!

Luvya chicks,
Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #162  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF fo sho.....

Well, baby boy called me yesterday afternoon and said. "I am in the Army now". I about sh*t. He said I had missed two days of work already and it didn't happen, so when he went yesterday, he didn't tell me about the swearing in just in case it didn't happen. He didn't want me to miss another day of work. Little does he know it broke my heart and I cried all afternoon in my office over it. Cried even more last night after I got home from CVS. I really need to get my antidepressant refilled. He leaves for Ft. Leonardwood, Missouri on February 3rd. I know..what does not kill us, makes us stronger. All this crap going on, I am near death, hope to be stronger soon.

Got some disturbing news about a friend of mine...

There is very sad news about Vicki. She saw her oncologist today. Greg and her mom and dad were with her. The doctor told them there is no further treatment that will help Vicki and have made arrangements for her to begin hospice care. On Monday Vicki will have a permanent drain inserted in her abdomen to draw off the accumulating fluid. Hospice will begin home care right after that.

Even though the news has not been good I know we have all hoped for a miracle. Vicki’s will is incredibly strong, but her body is just not able to sustain her any longer. Obviously Vicki and Greg and her family are devastated.

Greg asked me to tell anyone who wants to visit Vicki to please call the house and make arrangements to stop by. Their home phone number is 317-861-8845. Vicki is not really able to talk on the phone.

I don’t know what else they need right now except thoughts and prayers especially for the girls.

Ok on to other things that are not so sad....

What a busy nite at CVS last night. You would of thought it was Christmas again. Mike (the new guy) came in to see me with his little girl. She looks amazingly like him. She is very intelligent and quite humorous. She doesn't know that we are dating tho. He was buying milk...AGAIN!! haha

Then this other guy came through the line that I feel the connection with, we are just at the chit chat stage tho.

IS IT OK TO DATE TWO PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME IF YOU ARE NOT BOINKING/BONKING/BANGING EITHER ONE OF THEM BUT ONLY DATING??? I am not even sure this second guy will ask me out, but I am hoping so.

Girls just wanna have fun, yeah, girls just wanna have fun.

Shad...sending you much love and a burst of energy for all your trying work moments. I will give momma the extra hug from you when I see her tonight. I am sure that will spark some onery conversation wanting to know who Shad is, she is such the clown now.

Chelle...let bygones be bygones....that weigh in is in the past and forgotten cause...we're movin' on up, to the eastside, George. Here is the extra arse kick to keep you booted in the right direction.

Laura...send me your Starbucks GC. I would hate for you to fall off the wagon because of the goodies at SB. I want to help you all I can. Smiles... OK, here is your arse kickin'....just because you have extra curricular activities planned that involve food does not mean you get to eat unhealthily. It is not an excuse to do so. Excuses are like belly buttons, everyone has one. This is not an excuse to be off program. You got it, get it, good. Sorry to be so tough on you, but these are hard times. Love you anyway xoxoxoxo

MEL...the Starbucks I got were all DECAF. At least I was not banging off the walls late afternoon yesterday. Put a sign on your door...my theme song is NOT. Ring my bell el el el, ring my bell. You should not be the first person that comes to mind in a crisis, however I am sure they are used to getting results with you.

Hello's to all, have a great Friday and wonderful weekend...I don't have to work at CVS till Monday night. ROCKIN'

Much love and many hugs.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #163  
Annie - Indiana

Hey Chelle and Happy, you sneaker inners.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #164  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and Vicki and Greg's girls are 13 and 16, that is the hardest part.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #165  

is in store for the wordly chicks today.

There is not much to say this morning. Have a good week end.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-15-2010 at 10:01 AM.