Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #16  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THIS FROSTY MORNING AND ONE WARM CHICK...MAYBE TWO.
IT'S 16 DEGREES AND A SMOKE ALARM WENT OFF...I LOOKED LIKE A SNOWMAN GOING DOWN TO ANSWER AND RESET IT!! TRYING TO THINK SPRING-LIKE THOUGHTS
NOTHING IS NEW HERE. JUST DID SOME SORTING OUT OF FRIDGE AND FREEZER. THIS IS THE WEEK FOR TRADER JOE'S. JEN IS FEELING SOMEWHAT BETER AND NOW RICHIE IS SICK. I TOLD THEM ALL TO KEEP AWAY FROM ME!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
OH AND LET ME SAY 2 THINGS....FIRST IS THAT JEN HERSELF IS STILL SMOKING. AND SECOND IS THAT THOSE 3 LBS I LOST WERE PART OF THE 6 LBS POUNDS I GAINED. NOT SURE IF I MADE THAT CLEAR OR NOT. I THINK IT WAS WATER RETENTION FROM SUGARY AND SALTY FOODS CAUSE IT CAME OFF SO FAST. BUT THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS ANYWAY.

HAPPY~ MENU PLANNING SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA. MAYBE YOU CAN MAKE A FEW THINGS ON THE WEEKEND TO EASE THE WORK WEEK COOKING. IF YOU GET SOME GREAT IDEAS...SHARE THEM!! HOPE THE FOOT IS OK THIS WEEK AT WORK.

MICHELLE~ GLAD YOU BOTH HAD A GOOD TIME OUT AND BACK HOME WITH THE FRIENDS. I THOUGHT IT WAS COLD HERE TILL I READ YOUR POST YOU MADE ME LAUGH ABOUT IT BEING MIDNIGHT HERE ON NY EVE

LAURA~ I AM HAVING A PJ WEEKEND!! CRACKING UP OVER HERE WITH YOU GETTING DRESSED AT 7!! GLAD YOU HAD A PLEASANT PARTY. I LOVE CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT.... THE OLD B&W ONE WITH BARBARA STANWYCK IS THE BEST ONE.

CEEJAY~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BREAK IN. YOU GOT THE ADT JUST IN TIME!! HOPE MEAL PLANNING WORKS FOR YOU ALSO. CONGRATS ON THE EXERCISE....WE'LL BE PEDALING TOGETHER!!!

SHAD~ SCARY TRIP YOU HAD GOING BACK TO WORK I AM JUST GLAD YOU MADE IT THERE AND DIDN'T NEED ANY OARS FOR ASSISTANCE!! AND THE FOG!!!! I HATE FOG!! I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING AND IT MAKES ME FEEL CRAZY IN THE HEAD FOR SOME REASON...WELL CRAZIER THAN NORMAL.
HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #17  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday ladies -

Alas, it is the last day of my lovely 4 day weekend. While yesterday was laundry day...today is cooking day. Getting some meals made ahead to freeze and heat during the week. My back is really bothering me, making it difficult to sleep...must've hurt it cleaning or carrying boxes to the basement. Luckily (?) it's the good side of my back....which means I didn't aggravate my recurring SI joint problem and hopefully it will get better in a few days. I'll still do 1/2 hour of cardio today...so my Wii Fit doesn't yell at me.

Even though we normally take the Christmas tree down on New Years weekend, DH and I decided to leave the tree up for one more week so my niece can see it, and it's so festive and it's not dropping many needles, so I'll keep watering it and we should be all good.

Laura - Glad your party went well. Good for you for starting the new year with a blood donation and new hairdo, and for going to the gym!!

Shad - I'm so glad you made it safely before the roads got closed. What a scary drive!! How weird that I had a dream last night about driving on flooded roads.

Mel - Glad to hear that Jen is feeling better but too bad that Richie is now sick.

Ceejay - I was feeling light headed yesterday afternoon too, so I rested a bit, which helped. Glad you got the ADT installed, how scary to have a break in so close.

Happy - I'm sure you're doing meal planning and cleaning! I so admire how much you get done and your thoroughness!

Annie - I hope you're doing well and not working too hard. I hope your momma is doing well also.

Well, back to cooking for me! I'm making sloppy joes to freeze so that DH can heat them up during the week when I'm at the gym. And I got a jar gift of Chicken Tortilla Soup Mix that I'm going to add water, tomatoes, green chiles and chicken and simmer it for a couple hours. Then it's FOOTBALL time! The Packers play at 3 pm today so I'll have a chance to do my cardio during the earlier game.

Here's to a great day for all of us!!

Much love and many big hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good frosty morning chickees,

It is 23 degrees this morning. Darn frosty for here but I talked to Mom yesterday who said as Michelle did that it was 2 degrees last night with a wind chill of 15 below zero up there. Still it feels too darn cold no matter where you are. I need to get out to the store and I really don't want to leave the house. In fact, I have not left the house since last Wednesday now that I think of it Been going to bed late and waking up late - tomorrow is going to be a real shocker getting back into work mode again. I haven't been wearing my boot at home because I haven't been doing much walking but the foot is still bothering me. The pain moves around - I guess that's a good sign that it's probably tendonitis over a fracture??? I did some menu research yesterday but the day got away from me - don't really know where. Did a little laundry but not as much work as I should have done. No way to start the new year

Seems with the exception of Shad, we are all in the deep freeze here.

Mel, as sensitive to smells as you are, I'm surprised the residual smoke on Jen does not bother you. I hope she can gather the courage to quit one day as I'm sure you'd prefer that. Even if those were extra pounds you collected, good for you for getting them off again. I think we have to be diligent about getting "new" pounds off before they get stuck to us for good. Stay warm ole buddy - how about we make us some soup to warm us up this week? I think it's going to be chilly all week. I keep telling myself ok, it's just one month - for here half of winter is over already - just have to get through January. (Ok you people up north, don't be tossing the icicles at me for that remark). It is an advantage of living down here.

Ceejay - sorry about the break in. It's scary when it's so close to home. I felt the same way when we had 2 break ins right down the street from us in opposite directions. I just remember what the police said - criminals will come to the areas where people have tvs and stereos and things to steal. They probably hit the midrange homes more frequently because those people are easier targets and less apt to have alarms and dogs. Good thinking on getting the ADT.

Shad - glad you made it back safely. Not sure what I hate more - ice or fog. Both are scary. Why did you opt to drive? Sounds like you had quite the long ride. At least now you know there's nothing to look at on the drive so flying might be better or are you in a more remote area?

Before I forget (and you all think me the complete and total slob) - I don't really have 101 hotspots to clean - it's more of a figure of speech. But, if I took into consideration every shelf in every closet and cabinet and every drawer in addition to the surfaces that could use some reorganizing, maybe I would count up to 101.

Laura - the haircut sounds nice. I was watching the Tyra Banks show and they use dry shampoo to fluff up the hair, a spritz or two of water and some spray on gel for volume. Toss your head down, squeeze the hair with your hands a few times to toussle it, toss your head back, squeeze again and spray. It gives that sort of full, tendril look that is in right now. Would work great with your layers.

Michelle - good going girl getting the WiiFit work out in. I'm thinking of something with the balance ball and rubber tubes since I can't do much on my feet right now. You have inspired me to do SOMETHING instead of excuses. Thanks for that Sounds like you had a nice cozy New Years. Finish it off today staying warm and snug in the house. At least you didn't get a blizzard.

Speaking of which, I hope Annie did not get snowed in and that Mom is ok.

The day is getting away from me as usual. Best get finished with my menu planning.

Ta-ta for now
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #19  
Choose your hard

Michelle - you are the first sneaker inner for the new year Soup sounds great - so do the sloppy joes - haven't had those in years.

Sorry to hear about your back - maybe a hot pad while you are enjoying the game today.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #20  
Happy September

MICHELLE...I CAME BACK HERE TO CHECK OUT YOUR GALS. I HAD FORGOTTEN TO READ THEM THIS MORNING. I GOT SIDETRACKED. GOOD ONES!! GOOD LUCK. NICE OF YOU TO KEEP THE TREE UP AND I AM SURE SHE WILL APPRECIATE THE THOUGHT. MINE IS STILL UP. I AM VERY HAPY TO HEAR IT WASN'T THE "BAD" PART OF THE BACK BUT AM SENDING A HUG FOR THE baD "GOOD" SIDE NOW NOT TO BE A NAG(NOT) BUT NOW WITH THE Wii AND ALL THIS EXERCISE YOU AFRE GETTING...WHEN YOU ADD CLEANING AND LIFTING YOU'RE OVERHEATING THE MUSCLES. JUST A THOUGHT...I KNOW...SHUT UP MELLIE.

HAPPY~ I AM MOVING DOWN BY YOU AND CEEJAY ONE DAY. GET AWAY FROM THESE LONG AND DRAGGED OUT WINTERS. DANG...THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW. AND WHY WHEN WE ARE HAVING GLOBAL WARMING AM I FRIGGING FREEZING SENDINGGOD FOOTSIE VIBES TO YOUR TOES!! HOPE THEY WORK THIS WEEK. I TOOK YOUR MENU IDEA AND WENT TO PROVIDA, GOT MY BLACK BOOK OUT AND BEGAN COOKING. GOING FOR THE "C" BODY TYPE AGAIN. ME AND MY TUMMY USED TO BE SOOOO MUCH HAPPIER THEN. GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK IN WORK WITH THE FOOT. WE WILL BE THINKING OF YOU!!

I HAVE BEEN BUSY LOOKING AGAIN IN THE FREEZER AND COOKING WHAT'S IN THERE. IF I BOUGHT IT, I SHOULD BE COOKING AND EATING IT RIGHT?? SO FAR I MADE CHICKEN COATED IN BALSAMIC DRESSING..YUM...IN THE BROILER. STEAMED BROCCOLI. HARDBOILED EGGS FOR SNACKS AND LUNCHES. OATMEAL FOR BREAKFAST. TUNAFISH FOR LUNCHES TOO. I'M ON A ROLL.
MY FRIEND IN THE OFFICE IM'ED ME THIS MORNING. SHE IS GOING BACK TO BASICS ALSO. WE HOPE TO ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER. GOING DOWN IN THE MORNING TO TELL HER TO CLEAR OUT THE OFFICE AND GIVE IT TO THE SENIORS COMMUNITY ROOM OR THROW THE DANG STUFF OUT I AM OFF TO MAKE MY BROWN RICE NOW. THEN I AM ALL SET TO GET THE WEEK STARTED.
TOMORROW IS WASH DAY SO I'LL BE LATE COMING HERE. HAPPY MONDAY IN ADVANCE
Old 01-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Set another plate I'll be there soon. Your food sounds good.

Shad
Sorry you had such a long horrrible drive, but glad you are safe. I litterally hate driving in the rain, fog, snow and ice. Ouch that's would hurt me to have to pay for the ISP for an hour at a time.

Happy
I've been thinking about the shocker of getting up at 5.30 a.m. in the morning and getting out in that cold air.

Michelle
Yum on the chicken tortilia soup. I'm making veggie beef soup today plus a meatloaf. I still have not gotten into using the ground turkey.

Annie, Patty and Laura Hi

I haven't done much this morning. I did go to church today. I really enjoyed the sermon and I like the power point.
I stopped by the grocery store on the way home and got some 93% fat free ground beef and chicken strips.
I tested the alarm today, by mistake. At least I know it works and what it sounds like when it goes off.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-03-2010 at 02:40 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #22  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525 View Post
MICHELLE...I CAME BACK HERE TO CHECK OUT YOUR GALS.
Oh Mel you dirty girl stop looking at Michelle's "gals" I know what you're up to

Food sounds good - think I'll swing by your place. Make me up a side of tuna please.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #23  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - if you set the alarm off by accident, did you have to pay a service charge? I too would be curious as to what it sounded like, would probably do the same myself.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I have a full minute to reset the alarm. It takes me a full 10 seconds to get to the mother board as I call it. They didn't call.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Bit cool around here in the mornings as well. There was a heavy dew over the car this morning when I went down to go to work. Mind you I am up in the 'mountains' so I guess it will be cooler than down on the plains.

Happy - yes I drove down because I am so far out of town and it takes an hour or more to get anywhere by train. Since most of my entertainment will be with friends on the other side of town, I decided to drive the car down so I won't be dependent on public transport at night time. Most of the time however I will catch the train to and from work. The railway station is right next day in both cases.

Mel - Hope Jen and Rich don't reinfect each other for the rest of the winter. Glad to hear that you have your food intake all sorted for the rest of the month

Michelle - sorry to hear about the back playing up again. Time to lose some more weight to get the stress off it maybe?

Laura - PJ's until 7pm? Why did you bother to dress?

Ceejay - burglaries are everywhere. Glad it didn't happen to you. DS2 got done just before I went home for Christmas. He brought his bikes and lawnmower home from his house. Left them down the side of the house and went back for the next lot of stuff. He was only away for 15mins and came back to find no lawnmower and no bikes and worst of all no Sea-doo (jetski thingy toy). Someone had to have seen the vehicles back up the driveway, but no one wants to know.

Annie - how are you going? I've been thinking about you a lot this weekend.

Gotta go. Work to do etc.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #26  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

It's below freezing out there with snow flurries. Getting back to reality is like cold water on the face. I really have enjoyed the more casual ways of the last 2 weeks.

Going to try and get into work a bit early today so I'll have to catch up at lunchtime. Just wanted to say good morning.

Sorry to hear about the DS's stuff getting nicked Shad. 15 minutes and it was gone Sad commentary on the world today.

Later ladies, I gotta go find something warm to wear ...
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #27  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year...I heard that 2010 is the year of the Chicks...lol. Yep this will be the year of the chicks. We are going to succeed in EVERYTHING we do. THis is also be very prosperous year for us all. Only positive thoughts may be posted on this site.

Mom is holding her own. She loved the fried cabbage and PB cookies I took to her. I have to get her SF pumpkin pie made and take to her. Pumpkin is a favorite of hers and you cannot even tell it is sugarfree.

Happy...thank you for starting the thread. You must of been in the same cleaning mode I was yesterday. Got the entire house cleaned and also got my undies/socks/bra drawer organized. Threw out only 4 or 5 items, all and all it wasn't too bad.

MEL...let's see down 3..yes, up 6...boo, so really it is only up 3. Could of been worse. I cleaned out all my food junk at home and tackled the break room here at work this morning. Nothing in my path now. It is those danged margarita 1/2 gallons sitting in my storage room that are screaming at me, don't have it in me to pitch them. lol.

Roseblush..glad to see you, happy new year to you too!

Ceejay..isn't it funny the older we get the earlier midnight arrives on NYE? I worked till 10 then only made it to 11:30, clicked the TV off and passed out and I wasn't even drinking.

Patty....glad you got to relax somewhat. Happy New year!

Laura...sometimes a boring party makes for a relaxing, peaceful party. However if you are like me, you worry if everyone else is having a good time or bored.

Shad...so glad you made it safely to your destination. You are just like the mail, rain, sleet or snow...Shad keeps right on truckin'. Have a great week at work.

Chelle...it is stinkin' cold here too! A little warmer this morning than yesterday. 17 degrees. We are supposed to have this nasty weather for a couple of weeks, as you are too, I think. Sorry your back is giving you fits. Is it time for a shot? Sending you hugs and a arse kick to keep you in healthy mode.

My goals for 2010 is to eat healthy and move. Back to the basics for me. Today I started with giving up caffeine. We will see when 2 pm gets here and I am falling asleep at my desk, if I can stick with it or not. I said previously I was going to give up alcohol, but instead I might just limit it to once a week. Danged margaritas, I just love them. I hope with the healthy eating that I get some energy back. It is not like me to just want to lay down and sleep at a drop of a hat.

Not a lot going on today, visiting mom later then home to bed.

Everyone have a marvelous Monday and stick to something you have started.

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #28  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ YOU MADE ME LAUGH WHEN YOU TESTED YOUR ALARM! AT LEAST THEY WORK!!!

HAPPY~ GALS, GOALS...THEY'RE ALL THE SAME TO ME...I NEVER DO EITHER ONE HOPE YHOU GOT THERE EARLY AND THE FOOT COOPERATES. STAY WARM!!

SHAD....OMG I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DS LOSING SO MANY THINGS! MUST HVE BEEN A FRIGGING NEIGHBOR THAT DID IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!! DANG. VERY SAD INDEED. STAY WARM IN THOSE THAT MOUNTAINS!!!

ANNIE~ GOOD GOALS. MAYBE WE CAN BOTH GET OFF CAFFEINE FOR GOOD THIS YEAR. I KEEP FAILING AT THAT FOR THE SAME SLEEPY REASONS YOU HAVE. AND HEADACHES! GLAD MOM IS GETTING TO ENJOYU SOME FAVORITE FOODS. MAKE THE DAYS AS HAPPY AS THEY CAN BE. GONNA TRY THAT FOR MYSELF TOO!!! LOL STAY STRONG THERE LADY!!

PLANS CHANGED HERE. TOO COLD DOWNSTAIRS TO DO THE WASH SO I AM GOING TO CLEAN. THE MEDICAL ALARM MEN ARE COMING FRIDAY FOR INSPECTION AND INSTALL NEW BATTERIES.
I HAVE ENOUGH FOOD MADE FOR ALL OF US SO FEEL FREE TO INVADE MY SPACE
OFF TO CLEAN UP THE BEDROOM...NOW WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT OVER THE 3 DAY WEEKEND ?
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY
TO LAURA AND MICHELLE AND PATTY AND NAE

WHERE IS MADCAT? SHE NEVRr CHECKED IN FOR THE HOLIDAYS. IF YOU ARE READING. I SEND A HUG "FIRST" HOLIDAYS ARE ALWAYS THE HARDEST

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-04-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #29  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Back to Work Monday -

This is going to feel like a long week since I've had two 4-day weekends in a row, but c'est la vie. DH and I had a wonderful weekend with family, friends and football. I'm starting my New Year's challenges today and doing well so far. I brought my breakfast and lunch and journalled all the points so I know how many I have left. My plan is to either go to the gym for Zumba tonight or do the Wii Fit or both. And I'll make sure I get my 50 crunches in. It seems the crunches and journaling what I eat are the hardest for me to do regularly.

Happy - I don't EVEN want to hear about your winter being half over! If I hadn't knocked all the icicles off the other day, I WOULD toss some in your direction. Winter is just getting started here and usually goes right through April. My Wii Fit keeps telling me I'm getting heavier...which is depressing...so I'm making a concerted effort to get my weight and BMI moving in the downward direction. Those were some great hair tips you gave Laura...I wish I had enough hair to layer. My hair is long but it's very fine and I don't really have much of it. The balance ball and exercise tubes can provide a great workout while your foot heals!! YGG!

Mel - You're right...I was overusing the muscles. But I think the other part of the problem is that I haven't been doing my ab exercises or any strength training (except for lifting boxes), and I'm sure that my posture/form is taking a hit because of it. Good for you for doing all that cooking and using up what you have!! Chicken, broccoli and brown rice! Yummy!!

Ceejay - I made a meatloaf last night for dinner. I'm still using lean ground chuck for meatloaf as DH doesn't like ground turkey.

Shad - You are definitely right...I need to get the weight off to improve my back. That's awful that DS2 was robbed right before Christmas!! And such expensive items!! It's just horrible that stuff isn't even safe for a few minutes.

Annie - I'm with you on thinking positively! It will be a great year for all of us in terms of health, happiness and prosperity. So glad that Mom is hanging in there and is enjoying your wonderful cooking. I don't know if Mom can do Splenda...but my DH uses Splenda for his pumpkin pies and you can't tell the difference. The back is doing better today, and since it's the "good" side of my back, I'm hoping to hold off on the shot for a little bit. Thanks for the hugs and kick in the arse! Don't be too hard on your lack of energy...with all the hours you're working AND all the stress you've been under, it's no wonder your energy level is a little low. Just listen to your body, girlfriend and rest when you need it. Sending you and Mom lots of : and .

Sending a big and to MadCat, Nae, Patty and Laura!

Lots of love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 01-04-2010 at 11:15 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #30  
Choose your hard

Back again.

I spent an awful lot of time yesterday planning out menus and such. Connived DH into going to the store with me and all I can say is that they must have had a helluva sale over New Years because the store shelves were as empty as if the place were shutting down. VERY little produce, bread, meat - very little fresh stuff at all. Of course that messed up my carefully scripted plans. DH is going to another store for me today to get the rest. But I had planned to cook up soups and the pot roast for this week all yesterday but could not because I didn't have everything I needed. Bah. So here I spent $10 on lunch at work for a tiny piece of roast chicken - most of which I didn't eat because it was full of bloody veins (yuk). Had steamed carrots (ok) and mashed potatoes - Idahoes with skins which had bits and pieces of hard stuff - don't think the potato skins were scrubbed like they should have been. Just reinforces why I don't want to eat in the cafeteria. They did not have the low point vegetable soup like they had on the menu either so I got a small tossed salad instead. I will be bringing lunch the rest of the week.

I really did like it here at the office last week when it was nice and quiet because hardly anyone was here Came in this morning and my reporting software would not run (it's month end - time to get out the reports) and the I.T. guys were pushing all sorts of stuff down to the PC so it kept hanging. And they wonder why we can't get anything done Looks like the afternoon will be less frustrating that the morning. Oh great, and now it appears I have the hiccups Was really hard getting a shoe on today - very uncomfortable. I drove myself to work but did not put my "boot" on until I got in. That's not very comfortable either so I'd like this all to be done and behind me thank you very much. I really don't think another week in this boot is going to do anything positive.

We are all freezing here - it's in the 20's, will go down to the low teens and they are predicting snow by Wednesday. This is a sub-tropical area so this is really cold for us. Even the cat doesn't want to go out. Mr. Feral is coming late at night to sleep in his box and escape the cold but the last few mornings he was gone by the time I got up and didn't get any food at all from us yesterday so I don't know what's up with him. I guess like DH and I discussed, when he wants food he knows how to let us know he's hungry so we need not worry.

Michelle - seems like you are on the bullet train to a good program in 2010 so far! Good for you for planning things out. I'm dodging any future icicles - watch out that I don't toss back a golf ball sized snowball from out here Lest you get too jealous, there are tradeoffs from having such a short winter season. We have not one but TWO tornado seasons and there are more tornadoes with greater frequency out here than in all the years I lived in Illinois. Also, with the abundance of flowers here, we have more pollen and consequently everyone suffers from sinus issues for the better part of the year. And I will just casually mention all the good food and dairy that you have up there that we don't have I truly don't miss the bitter cold, ice and snow. This time around I even lost my "sea legs" - the ability to walk on snow and ice. I was walking like a 90 year old - shuffle, shuffle. Of course, I had street shoes on because my boots were too uncomfortable so that might have had a little to do with it too. Saw the deep freeze in Minneapolis on the Weather Channel this morning. Now THERE's a place I'd never live in. They are in a bad storm path and they REALLY get the cold winters.

Anyway - thanks for the exercise suggestions and I can add the crunches too! Enjoy your Zumba class tonight.

Madcat and Ruth aren't on site right now because THEY ARE BUSY BLOWING ALL THAT COLD AIR DOWN ON US

Mel - the only thing good about doing laundry today would be grabbing the blanket right out of the dryer and wrapping up in it Stay warm, I hope they don't bug you too much in the building today. I think you'll do better on the Thurmond plan again. One of the better parts of that plan for me was eating small meals more frequently which worked well at home but it very difficult to do in the office. But if you biggest challenge was eating clean, that's easy enough to handle, especially if you cook ahead and have it ready when you get hungry. Good luck! Those extra few pounds will be off in no time! I like your little pictures that you've been posting.

Annie - I'm glad Mom is holding her own. Lots you can do with pumpkin without adding a lot of sugar in. Frankly with your troubles sleeping sometimes and all the running around you do - I'm surprised you don't just nod out during the day. Listen to your body and make sure you are getting enough rest young lady! Good luck giving up the caffeine - hope you can stay awake this afternoon - not sure I'd even get out of the house in the first place without my coffee

Shad - it's nice to hear you have friends in town now but with all the hours you work, when do you get to see them? At least you won't be working through your weekends - I hope. How long was your drive?

Ceejay - feel free to keep the snow all up your way

Brrr... it's really cold here. Going to go make some tea - warms you up on the inside and the mug is like an instant handwarmer See yahs...