Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #196  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

I only have a couple things to say.

1) Did the first day of C25K yesterday morning. It was spectacular and I felt amazing.

2) I made horrible eating choices yesterday evening, involving a large block of curly fries at the county fair and diner food.

3) 252 on the scale today. This is just all wrong. :/
Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #197  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone, hope you all had a great holiday weekend and didnt go off of your plan too much ...I was able to stick to mine and did see a 1.5 pd loss after all ...so I saw 213 !! well 213.8, so barely in but hey it is still 213, haha ...
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, hope to be under 210 by June 12th ...I am pretty sure I can do it, I seem to be averaging at least 2 a week right now so hopefully I can keep that up ...I wanted to have off 40 by the time we go to FL at end of August but we will see ...

Ninepaw - what is C25k? You said it is running? I would think about running, would like to, but it is so hot around here lately, so humid and near 90...afraid I might pass out...those fries sound amazing to me, haha ...just forget about it and move on ...you can get those two pounds off in no time ...dont beat yourself up about it ...

Sorry I was MIA all weekend...had alot to do, cleaned house all day yesterday and was so tired last night, slept like a rock...didnt wake up once all night ...that tells me I should exercise more.

Hi Arabella and Auntie G !!!

Hope everyone has a great day !

Carri
Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #198  
Diana Kay

More 252 this morning. *sigh* At this rate I'll be moving my ticker up tomorrow. Bummer!

Carri, C25K is a running program. It stands for the Couch-2-5K program, to train non-runners how to run by building up your stamina for it over the span of about 9 weeks, basically to get you to the point of running a 5k or for 30 minutes straight. It uses intervals of walking/jogging to get you used to it. It's a really great program from what I can tell, a lot of girls on here rave about how wonderful it is, so I figured I would give it a shot!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #199  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone...wanted to stay in bed forever this morning, it was dark, rainy, and thunder was all around...but I did have to get up and go to work anyhow Feeling bloated this morning...had some sesame seeds on a bun and they really did a number on my stomach and digestive system, might not be having those again ...I guess it could have also been all the seeds on the outside of the strawberries I ate last night. Our friends have a TON of fresh strawberries right now in their garden and we are reaping all the benefits, they are SO good ...last night I mixed them with fresh pineapple for my last snack. I have a last snack at 8:00 ...and dont ever eat past 8:30 ...works for me.

Dh wants me to join his gym, I am on the fence at the moment - mainly for financial reasons...plus I dont like to work out in front of people, never have felt comfortable at the gym.

Ninepaw - sorry you seem to be stuck at 252 ...how is your carb intake? maybe you should try lowering it, or lowering your calories that you have a day? How many are you currently having? Or do you follow some other plan?
Good luck with the running. I dont care to run unless being chased, haha

Well everyone have a good day ...

Later,
Carri
Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #200  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Thank you for suggesting this group Satine everyone seems so encouraging and thats exactly what I need right now! I am a little over 2 weeks into my journey and still trying to get my diet the way I want. With two little boys and one big one (lol) always hungry its been hard to say no but I have been! Lots of fresh fruit and lowering my calories-hope it works! Working out 5-6 days a week to the biggest loser dvds as well...wish me luck!

Last edited by Rtsmme4life; 06-02-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #201  
It is what it is...

yay !! glad that you came over to join us ...I know it must be harder with 2 little boys ...I dont have any children but I do have one of the big boys you talk about, haha ...I am 36 years old, live in Indiana and work for an insurance company.

I am following a strict low calorie diet and I count everything I put in my mouth, I have an app on my Iphone called Lose It and it really helps to keep me in check. Right now I am having about 1430 cals per day ...before when I was 235 I was having close to 1500...so it drops it down for you as you lose weight, yeah at first I was very hungry and not doing so well, but now at 10 weeks in ( exactly today ) I am feeling really good about myself and my 22 pds down...I have been losing a little over 2 pds per week, which I am very happy about.

What is your first name ? and WELCOME !!

Carri ( aka Satine )
haha
Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #202  
One Day at a Time...

Talking

Hi I am Melanie! I will have to check that app out! My two boys def keep me busy especially since summer just started. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks which is a lot less than what I thought I was going to lose. I have cut the amount of food I eat A LOT and now exercise 5-6 times a week (at least 30 mins each). I just don't know what to do to jump start this weight loss. I used to eat any and everything and NEVER exercised so I thought these new changes would help I would love any advice. Thanks!

Melanie
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #203  
One Day at a Time...

I just got in from taking a walk/jog around the block with my little family. Then I played some football and ran around the yard chasing my boys I bought a pedometer today and just the walk and football I got over a mile done! It feels good to run around with my kids

The only downside is I came in and weighed myself and it says I gained 3 pounds in 5 hours! Don't know how that happened since I ate healthy all day and just drank water....the scale and I are not friends HaHa
Hope everyone had a great day!

Melanie
Old 06-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #204  
Diana Kay

Welcome Melanie!

Don't get discouraged when you weigh in at the end of the day after eercise. Change is not instantaneous, and you have to remember that there are lots of factors to consider when you weigh in the middle of the day, such as if you'd eaten, if you were wearing clothes, fluid you may have drunk... All sorts of things. It's best to weigh in in the morning once everything has had a chance to settle down.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #205  
One Day at a Time...

Thank you for the welcome I think I am just going to weigh myself once a week or every 2 bc it def puts a damper on my mood when the number goes up not down lol It's great to talk to women who are right there in the same boat with me, thank you for the support!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #206  
It is what it is...

Morning All

Yeah on the weigh in thing, I definitely wouldnt do it at the end of the day...I only weigh in first thing in the morning...and try to only do a couple of times a week or else I get discouraged...like this morning I weighed and it should be up a pound, now I know that isnt true, but the body does fluctuate so I am not gonna panic, just not gonna weigh in again until sat or sunday...It could be that my meal last night was salty, and I think it was, so I am probably holding some extra water, who knows...not gonna let it bother me though

Okay, girls - have a great OP day and stay strong, remember we are trying to get to Onederland this year !!!

Carri
Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #207  
One Day at a Time...

I love the LOSEIT! app! I have stayed below my calorie count and worked out today. But I feel SOOO guilty right now for eating ice cream a few mins ago...it was lowfat but I still feel really bad. But it's a lesson learned and I'm still 209 under my calorie count, I will work extra hard tmw! Hope everyone had a great night!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #208  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls - so you know what? I think I am gonna challenge myself, starting today, to not get on the scale for two whole weeks...and then see how much I have lost ...I try to do it only once a week but lately have been getting on every other day and sometimes that discourages me...so it is my "no peaking on scale" challenge ....so starting with today I guess that means I can weigh in next on 6/18 ....if you wanna join me let me know, I think it will be cool to see a bigger loss over two weeks

Melanie - dont you ? I do too, that Lose It app is what has kept me going the last few weeks...I LOVE it ...I imput my info and then know exactly all day how many more calories I can have...it is a great tool...and the more you lose the more it adjusts your calories...when I first started at 235 I could have 1490 and now at 213 I can have 1420 ....that greatly helps too in the weightloss process...glad you like it too

Diana - I just noticed you posted yesterday at 4:51 am, geez that is early....where are you located? or are you a morning person? Hope your scale shows you breaking the 250 again !!

Arabella and Auntie G - get back on here, I miss you both ...

Have a great weekend all if I dont get back on here - dont eat anything I wouldnt eat, haha

Later,
Carri
Old 06-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #209  
Diana Kay

Hello chickies!

Carri - No, I'm not a morning person at all! I live in California, so for me that was 1:51 AM. I just stay up late!

Afte being 251 yesterday, I weighed in today at 250! Silly fluctuations! I saw 249 flash for a moment... I want THAT to stick, dangit! All set to do W1D3 of C25K soon. Yay!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #210  
It is what it is...

I just had french fries from a pub with my sandwhich at lunch ...I havent had anything fried in months so I feel like total crap ...and I feel guilty and feel like I have ruined my whole day .....SABOTAGE !! I will have to work out tomorrow to counter act the calories and shame, haha

Diana - I love CA ...we have went the last two years to stay with friends in Lemoore ( I think that is how it is spelled )...this year we are going to FL though ....so I will miss CA this year ...
Closed Thread