Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #76  
It is what it is...

Hi Girls ! I am here with ya I have gone on and updated my stats, sadly I am back up to 230 and it sucks to be that far away from 199 but I guess that is what it is and I have to deal and go on. I have been back on pretty strictly for about a week now and did lose 4 pds since...so I am excited about that just know I have a long journey ahead of me....the holidays really did a number on me, as they normally do.

Auntie G - thinking of you and hoping the health scare turns out to be nothing...you need some good luck your way for 2010

Arabella - we can all three do this, I know it ...glad to see we are all back on board.

Since I went back on I have been dealing with the dreaded "diet headaches" and that has been really depressing me about the whole thing but I know in a couple of weeks my body and stomach will adjust and I will feel good...just hate going through this beginning period.

Talk to you later
Carri
Old 01-14-2010, 05:18 AM   #77  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Talking Aaaaaand we're back!

I've had a good week. I did have 3 tiny treats yesterday at the neighbourhood ladies' holiday tea. Would have been under 200 calories, though and I'd planned for it.

Yesterday I wore two different outfits that I couldn't wear last week because I was too bulgy. Hope that translates to scale tomorrow.

Carri, YAY! You're back! Yes, yes, yes, we can and will. You lose pretty quickly once you get going (oh, that "getting going" is hard sometimes).

You get headaches when you start a diet? Do you think it's a detox effect? Make sure to get enough water.

Auntie_g : Sending you good energy for your health situation.

All right Women, let's take this day and do our level best with it!

Last edited by Arabella; 01-14-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yay! Here we are! OK, so I've really changed things up this time around. Every time I've tried this in the past, I used the Weight Watchers system and wrote everything down. While that does work, I always end up thinking that I can't do it forever. The notebooks upon notebooks of now undecipherable food abbreviations have taunted me long enough! This time I've decided to just be sensible. Imagine that! Funny how I never even considered that before. I'm just buying healthier foods, and eating them in (mostly) ONE PORTION servings. Who'd'a thunk it?

Aside from my mystery health condition (which even I'm not sure what exactly it is), I'm already feeling better from eating better. I can't wait to be able to do some walking! We're going to be starting a little "heatwave" here today - going up into the 40s - woo hoo! Hopefully I'll be able to get out there.

Carri, I'm wondering about those headaches, too. Definitely getting enough water is important. Are you cutting out something with caffeine? Seems like some kind of withdrawal symptom. Either way, you'll be better soon, so keep on truckin'!

Arabella, thanks for the good energy - I sure need it! Congrats on surviving the party, and on getting into the outfits! And good luck with your WI tomorrow! I've been weighing every day, but haven't picked an "official" day yet, maybe I'll join you on Fridays.

OK, let's get this party started! Have a great day, girls!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #79  
It is what it is...

Morning....well so far this morning I am feeling a little better but the day is still young, haha ....gotta think positive.

Arabella - yeah I always get headaches when I first start back on, usually on and off for a week or so...I think you are right about the water, because I keep reading that most diet related headaches is because you are not drinking enough water...so I am really pushing the water today....I think mainly it is that my body is in shock and wants the fat and the caffiene soda that it is used to, so it rebels and makes me feel bad (

Auntie G - Funny that you should say that because I too have books upon books of what I ate everyday and how many calories I had....and I dont plan on doing that this time - and I gotta tell ya it is kind of freeing ... I too am just eating sensibly - and I also watch my carbs because of the diabetes...glad you are starting to feel better with eating right, hey ya never know maybe that is the cure all )

Well I had a small victory today, there is this purple and black blouse that I wear to work and it always is so tight that when I sit the buttons pop and get pulled, so today when I put it on ( 4 pds lighter ), it wasnt as tight, still tight, but not as much ....made me feel good....I'll take what I can get right now.

So glad tomorrow is Friday since I have a three day weekend with MLK day on Monday. I need it after the week I have had.

Well talk to you girls later, have a good day.

Carri
Old 01-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #80  

Thumbs up So, a week in and a pound down

I'm thinking the Tabata training has something to do with it not being more. I always seem to lose more slowly when I start any new intense exercise. I think my muscles hold water for a while. Aaaanyway, my pants are looser in the waist and I've been able to wear a couple of outfits that weren't wearable last week. Huzzah!

Auntie_g, yay for above freezing temps! We're hovering near the freezing mark today and it's a nice little break. Usually January and February are brutal here.

Carri, I bet it's caffeine withdrawal. If I were you, I'd just cut back to one caffeine soda a day for a while before I quit altogether. I mean, why suffer more than nec.?

K, Dollinks, I'm at work so I suppose I should get something done. Have a fabulous (healthy) weekend!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #81  

2.5 down, I'll take it! So much for feeling better, though... It was warm (made it up to 50º today!) and sunny, but I felt too icky to get a serious walk. I did walk my dog and my parents' dog, but there's not a lot of cardio involved in either of those girls' walks. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Carri, any progress on fitting into something purple is good! Hang in there! Are your headaches dissipating yet?

Arabella, I'm going to have to look up Tabata training- I've never heard of it. But it does make sense about holding water when you throw something new into the mix. Your body's probably wondering what the heck is going on! Congrats on the looser pants!

I think I need to wrap up and get to bed. Let's have a great Sunday!!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #82  

Smile Sunday

I'm a big fan. Sunny and cold here. We went for a long walk, then I did Tabata and some yoga on return.

Planning to have a good week. That sounds kind-of funny, like I wasn't planning to last week. But I feel a bit more organized all the time, getting it a bit more together, getting the plan down more solidly. I'm going to make a big rice/splitpea/veggie salad to take for lunches. I might even pack it into containers and then I'll just have to pop one into my pack.

Auntie_g, sorry you're not feeling well. I hate it when the weather's nice and I feel like I can't enjoy it. Bah! Ickiness BEGONE

I'm so happy that we're all doing this again. And we ARE doing it. Let's make it a good one!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #83  

Yeah! I'm glad we're doing this, too! So, I feel a little better today, but now the weather has turned on me again. It's cold and raining- even my doggie doesn't want to go out. Blecccch! But I'm cleaning the house, so that's at least some movement, and it certainly needs to get done.

Since my beloved team has bitten the big one once again, I've lost my excuse to lie on the couch and watch football now. Carri, I know your Colts are still in there, so be careful!

Arabella, I just got far enough into my search to see that Tabata's got to do with intervals, but the article said that the principles can be applied to any activity. What are you doing?

OK, back to work, before I lose my oomph! Happy Sunday!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #84  

Thumbs up Me too

Cleaning, I mean. And my place sure needs it. I keep it pretty much picked-up and somewhat decluttered but it doesn't get the deep clean it really needs. Picking away at that stuff and thinking I may have my spring cleaning done by the end of the winter. And wouldn't that be sweet. :

Auntie_g, I'm mixing it up so far, doing things like jumping jacks, ropeless skipping, high-knees running in place, sit-ups, step-ups onto a chair. Man, I tell you, by the time I get through the four minutes I am gasping. It's great! Well, I do expect a pay-off.

Have had a good day today foodwise and exercise-wise both.

Yesterday I caught "Under the Tuscan Sun" a bit after it started and watched it betwixt and between chores. A chick flick for sure but, well, romantic and escapist. Yay for both!

Think I'm going to wind down here and have an early night Fresh start Monday coming up!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #85  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ....I weighed on Sunday and am down 6 pds !! I am very excited about that ....and makes me feel like all the initial suffering was worth it.

Auntie G - Yes , yay !!!!!! My Colts are still in ....that just makes me all the more nervous for this weekends game, knowing that we are only one game away from the Superbowl ....but I think we can take the Jets ....here's hoping !!! And praying !!!
Also the headaches seemed to stop about last Thursday, so took about 4 days to stop, I still have times on and off that I dont feel 100% but I know my body is adjusting and I am just being patient, cause I do feel alot better.

Arabella - I have never heard of Tabata...I have started doing my dvd's downstairs...hate that it is too cold to get out and walk but Jan - March in IN is no time to be outside....but they said it might get up to high 40's this weekend so that would be do-able. I hope you do have a good week on plan.

The three day weekend spoiled me, so hard to be at work today....wanna be at home on the couch with my pjs ...especially since it is dark and rainy out today.

Well hope you girls have a good OP day.....talk to you later.

Carri
Old 01-20-2010, 04:31 AM   #86  

Thumbs up

Keepin' on keepin' on here. I overdid it on Sunday between exercise and cleaning and then was really tired Monday and Tuesday. I always feel like I should be able to do anything I'm physically capable of without having it wipe me out for days but experience tells me otherwise. I should know better because when I let myself get exhausted I so often get sick. Not this time, though.

Carri, SIX pounds down! You kids and your super-speedy weight loss. You'll be back down again in no time!

Auntie_g, how did I miss your 2.5 down? That's excellent! Hope you're feeling better!

So, hey! We all had a loss first week in. My losses tend to be small but I'm wondering if something drastic might not shift that. I'm thinking possibly eating less might do it? So crazy it might just work.

Let's get out there and make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 01-20-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #87  
It is what it is...

Oh Arabella, you just made my day by calling me a kid, haha I suppose when I am older I will look back and think 36 was quite young ...
Have you ever tried to jump start your weightloss by cutting down on carbs? I dont eat alot of carbs ( 80-100 ) a day and I really do think that it helps me...I stay away from sugar, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc ...mainly for the diabetes but I think everyone could benefit from not eating that kind of stuff.

Auntie - congrats on your loss We are all on our way !!! This time we are all going in the right direction , well until Thanksgiving, haha

Had a pretty good day yesterday, first day back to work after a three day weekend so I was tired and grumpy but besides that I did good on the food...ate about 1750 calories, but wanted to be under or around 1700 so a little over...but will do better today...like to gradually take my calories down for a few weeks until I get to about 1450-1500 ...I move down once I stop losing on the particular number I am on ...

Well you both have a great day !!

Later,
Carri
Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #88  

Ah, Young One, 'tis all perspective. As a 54-year old, 36 does seem pretty young to me. And then I remember my MIL, late 80s at the time, telling DH when he turned 55 that he was in the prime of life.

So I guess the thing to do is to consider it our prime wherever we are. MIL, BTW, always said that the years after her retirement (and, not coincidentally, widowhood) were the best years of her life. And she lived to be 91 so that's a good, long stretch to devote yourself to doing what you want to do.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #89  

Howdy, girls! This week is making me crazy so far. I felt great for 2 days, then back to serious ickiness yesterday and today. I think that something I'm eating is not agreeing with me, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. It's screwing me up, but I won't let it beat me!

Arabella, I hope you're recovering from overdoing it! Good idea to remember what your MIL said. I'm in between the two of you, (you and Carri, that is...) and although I'm feeling pretty lousy at the moment, I know this is the youngest I'll ever be, so I might as well appreciate it, right? That made sense in my head, anyway...

Carri, woo hoo for 6 lbs gone! And I'll root for the Colts with ya. Without the Eagles, I need a reason to watch. As for staying on track until Thanksgiving, I think that if we manage to do that, we DESERVE to go bonkers for one day! Yeah, let's make that the plan!

Off to harvest some fake crops on Facebook so I can get to bed. Have a great Thursday!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #90  
It is what it is...

Morning ...well as they say I guess age is just a number ...I know I need to appreciate being in my 30's and try to get the weight off now when it will come off easier. My Mom is 54 and has lost about 40 pds in the last year or so...she looks great...she was diagnosed with fatty liver and had to get the weight off...now if only my Dad would follow her...he had diabetes and needs to lose as well.

I had an okay day yesterday...did good with food but wasnt feeling particularly great...oh well, forging on ...

See ya .

Carri
Closed Thread