Old 04-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #106  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. Got busy doing a bit of this and that yesterday morning and used up my post time.

Today both this site and my internet connection are woefully slow. My one post hung and I lost it. Don't have time to do it again. Will try later at lunch to see if I can get through.

Don't have a bad day on my account! later chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #107  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies -

By the time I got home from meeting with my website client, it was late and my back was sore...so I skipped the gym. I'm hoping to go to the gym tonight. If I don't get to the gym, I'll take a walk. Annie, don't worry...I won't overdo. I just feel the need to do a bit of cardio (and take Shad's suggestion and do upper body weights).

Shad - Sure sounds like a multilingual challenge to get easily comprehensible assistance with the system. That's awesome that you can tell the difference between Canadians and Americans - I usually can too, but it depends on what part of Canada. I can tell the difference between the Northerners and Southerners and New Englanders. Some states, IMHO, just don't have accents. For instance, I have friends tell me they can still hear my California accent...but I'm not sure Californians have an accent. The steak/zucchini/onion kebabs sound yummy! Is cous cous better than brown or long grain rice? I like cous cous...but I prefer rice.

Annie - So sorry to hear about your DS getting laid off. I'm definitely sending : for him, and for Happy's DH. And sending you and : for the ultrasound and the ablation.

Jolly - House hunting can be so exciting AND stressful at the same time! Hang in there. Are you still living in Dodge County? Or are you back in the Metro Milwaukee/Waukesha area? DH and I are still up in West Bend and enjoy living in the outskirts of town. How cool that you're training for a half marathon...but I'm sorry to hear about your knee injury. uch: Is it serious? Have you been to the doc yet? I hope you feel better and can resume training soon. Copperhead snakes in Memphis?? No thank you. I don't mind snakes as long as they're not poisonous.

Mel - Whole Foods Market does tend to be VERY pricey. They do have some AWESOME deli salads though, and they're low in calorie because you can't afford big portions! It is still a little cool here...which may mean exercising indoors until my back and hip loosen up and feel better. I'm playing it by ear (or by back/hip).

A big to Happy, Ruth, Ceejay and everyone!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #108  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE~ FORGOT TO TELL YOU...I HAD A LITTLE OVER 100 MINUTES LAST WEEK AND AM A BIT BEHIND ALREADY THIS WEEK BUT I HAVE TIME TO MAKE IT UP. HOW IS CURVES? DO YOU STILL LIKE IT? I USED TO DRINK THEIR PROTEIN SHAKE EVERY MORNING. A FRIEND USED TO GO THERE AND BOUGHT IT FOR ME!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #109  
Happy September

MICHELLE...YOU ARE SO MUCH MORE SENSIBLE THAN I WAS IN THE PAST. I WOULD GET HURT AND NOT WAIT...THEN GO OUT AND DO THE SAME THING ALL OVER AGAIN I FINALLY LEARNED MY LESSON. GOOD LUCK WITH THE UPPER BODY STUFF.

HAPPY~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE INTERNET. I HAD BIG PROBS THE OTHER DAY. SIGH. HOPE THE REST OF THE DAY GOES BETTER!!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #110  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh my here it is Tuesday and before you know it, it will be Hump/Trash Day again.

We ain't got no accents, ya'll...

Shad...like I tell em around here, they need to take Annie 101, looks like the people you work for need to take SHAD 101. What the heck is the problem....if people would JUST ASK THE QUESTION, however some don't even know what question to ask.

MEL...I agree the healthier the food the more expensive it is. I am lovin' Curves. I had to push myself last night to go, but once I get there I am ok. I am shooting for 3 definite times a week at Curves but would like to get in 4. I am a bit impatient, as it has just been two weeks today and I already want to SEE the toner me. I will keep striving.

Happy...sorry to hear of your computer woes. I had issues at home over the weekend with the site and just said forget it and did not post from home.

Michelle...start out slow...take walks. Walking seems to be the best thing for anyone all the way around. That is the only thing they wanted my dad to accomplish every day after bypass surgery. Same with my bariatric surgery. To bad walking doesn't tone up the entire body.

I made it to Curves last night, then met my DS and DD at El Rodeo for some mexican food, got a little icky feeling and went home. Skipped tanning. Tony is coming over tonight (so he can take my trash to the curb. hahaha). I was going to fix dinner, but I am all dinnered out. I just don't feel like it. I went to bed at 7:30 last night, woke up at 11:30 went back to sleep at 1:00 and didn't wake up til this morning. It was raining and I still wanted to stay in bed.

Not much else going on here. Gray and cloudy, the rain has stopped. Friday is sunny and 70, wooohooooo!! I think I may be sick that day, NOT.

Have a great Tuesday and hello to everyone.

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello every one

Mel and Annie
Good job on the exercise.

Mel
Speaking of copper head snakes, my uncle's grand daughter was bit by one a couple of years ago. I still watch where I step very closely when I'm at his house. I hate to go out the front door at his house due to the flower beds. Those thinigs like to hide then strike.

Happy
I've been meaning to ask you if you like the interne8. I'm not sure if I want to down load it. I may call Dell to ask their advice.

Michelle
Hope you feel better, don't over do things just yet, even the weights can throw me for a loop some times.

Shad and Michelle
You forgot Arkansas. We have that "hick" brogue. he he. remember the aigs/eggs.

Hello to the rest. I didn't go back to read all the post.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #112  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ceejay - I well remember the aigs/eggs and whether I wanted them porched or fraaaaaaed!

Back later
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #113  
Choose your hard

Howdy peeps,

I am feeling achy and yuckky. Hope I am not coming down with something. It's been cold and grey here the last few days - that could have something to do with it too. What happened to spring?

I did not know that California had an accent. Been there lots. Can't think of anything outside of "valley speak" - fer sure. Not sure about the Pacific Northwest either. There's a southern accent - bless yer hearts y'all. There's the midwest accent - talk through your nose - Shi-CAH-go or shi-CAW-go and leave the g off of -ing words - as in I'm goin' to a meetin' you comin? Theres a New England accent - Wanna go get some bee-ahs (beers) and then go to Dah-leen's (Darlene's) potty (party) and play dahts (darts)? they also remove R's arbitrarily (riv-ah for river) and insert Rs where there are none - I sawr her warsh her face). I completely missed the aigs in Arkansas until Shad pointed it out. I was bowled over by the absolute thrill the waitress had in meeting Shad. I only noticed her excitement, not how she talked. Sweet girl.

There's a New York accent - WTF??????? Everyone I know from the NY area says WTF. There's a UP accent - upper pennisula of Michigan - yah hey dere and you want me to sack your pop? (put your soda in a grocery bag?) I think there's a Virginia accent too. The folks in Indy-ann-ner have a few words too but I've been away from them for so long I can't remember them. I do remember people I've met from Indiana talking too slowly for me - I want to wind them up. However, I have a feeling that Annie can talk at a regular speed.

Annie - I am very sorry to hear about your DS and prayers that he finds something quickly on the job front. They say we are slowly coming out of the receession - bits here and there but I think there are still a few hard roads ahead. Glad you are liking Curves. I had to laugh at the instant gratification we are all looking for. How come 2 bad meals show up right away and it takes at least 4 weeks of working out to notice just a smidge?

Ceejay - I did upgrade to IE8. Maybe that's why my Internet is sooooooo slow. Just kidding - it is slow but I don't think it's IE's fault. Besides, they have to patch so much after a while it's just better to start fresh with a new version.

Mel - I should be ashamed. You logged over 100 minutes last week and I logged the same in couch time. I will try and do better.

Michelle - got a kick out of your reasoning that Whole Foods salads are lo cal cuz you can't afford much Are you the one who used to shop at Woodmans?

Ok Jolly - now you have me freaking about snakes. Guess DH will have to dig out the dried leaves under the azalea bushes himself. - Thanks for the pass

Ok, I'm yawning so much my eyes are tearing. Best hit the sack.

Seeing as how the only one up is Shad, what's going on where the sun is shining?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #114  
Choose your hard

Mel - I like the new avatar!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:24 AM   #115  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sun is almost shining here Happy - Wasn't this morning tho' - blowing a gale and raining. However now I can see patches of blue through the window.

Gotta love accents. And didn't we just love Daisy Mae of the aigs. Actually Daisy Mae didn't do the aigs, that was the morning waitress. Dear little Daisy Mae had a problem with the word Toowoomba which is where her boyfriend was hiding out - aah'll ring him tonight and tall him that aaah've met someone who has bin to T'wumba - is thaaaaat haa y'all pronounce thaaaaat?

The NZ v Aus accent is quite pronounced. Kiwis tend to be a bit flat and more English whereas the Aussies tend to bounce along the top of the vowels and are more Irish in pronounciation.

Whereas the kiwi will say - Oi had a wee but of that but no more than sux
The Aussie will say - I had a l'il bet of tharrrt but no more than sex.
Go figure.
Actually there are so many of either variety in either place now that the accent is becoming very mixed (muxed if you are a kiwi, mexed if you are an Oz) The Oz tends to put the stress on the first syllable whereas the kiwi tends to do it on the second or third. BALlina in Aus as compared to balLINA in NZ
Actually I was in a shoe store the other day and there was a couple in there with lovely accents, they asked if the shoes they bought could be posted over to them rather than having to try and fit it in their luggage. I'm standing there just looking at shoes. Sure says the assistant, whereabouts in the States should I send them? I just laughed and said, they'll never get them if you send them there, try somewhere in Western Canada. They all looked at me and in two differing accents said 'how the heck did you know that??' Simple really - they said aboot not about and hoose not house and they were wearing cowboy boots. I doubt whether Ruth et al would be seen dead in them thar boots. I'd put them down as around Banff because they sounded just like the people I had chatted with out there, but should have got the message from the boots - they were from just outside Calgary.

Jolly - Human Resources huh? What's known around here as the warm and fuzzies - although I have a really good friend who is an HR manager and there ain't much warm and fuzzy about her. So now you are going in for law?? Sucker for punishment you are!. Hope the knee mends quickly.

Annie - people don't ask the question because they are afraid of getting a stupid answer. It's a typical thing around here. And with SAP the biggest problem is that we don't know what we don't know. And a little knowledge can be an extremely dangerous thing in this system. Tomorrow I have a meeting with a couple of men who have finally admitted that they don't know what they don't know and asked for help in clearing their stocktake. I only hope I can do them justice. We can make a difference - just whether they will like the answer is a moot point.

Michelle - I don't know whether Cous Cous is better than rice or not. I just use it to make the odd change or two. If you do half the things that the recipes say to do with cous cous, it wouldn't be very healthy at all - all that butter and parmesan, but I tend to put veges into it - like peas and onion and green and red peppers or tomato and parsley, and sometimes dried fruit like currants or dried apricots. I Like it because it is quick and easy and it's ready in about 3 or 4 minutes. I've used polenta and burgul as well. Polenta takes forever unless you get the instant stuff and burgul needs soaking and cooking.

Mel - hope the alarms are all settling down now and you can catch up on sleep etc. 100 minutes, well done.

Ceejay - I use IE8 as well on my laptop. Don't have too many problems with it - I have more problems keeping Norton under control than that.

Okay - gotta go and print out a stock list of the warehouse for tomorrow morning. I'll be back around then.

Last edited by Shad; 04-15-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Cos I can
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #116  
Choose your hard

Site is crazy slow today. I see Annie and Mel's little lights on. Good mornin' to yah!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

Hoorayyyyyy, it's Humpday.....

Today is trash day and Tony did get the trash out last night. Guess he won't be grounded this week. haha. I tell you, we have been together 7 months, so we are lying on my bed watch Cold Case, I look over at Tony and say, "We are like an old married couple, lying here watching TV" He just laughed and said, "well, one of us is old". I said, "I may be older (by 4 years), but you act a h*llava lot older than I" and swatted him on the arm with a red licorice lace.

Ceejay...you should come to my house, especially on feeding day for my DDs, yes that is my daughter's, snake. He eats a live small rat about once a month for his feeding. I cannot watch and think it is inhuman. My DD says it is just the food cycle of life. Bleck!

Oh, heck I am going to post this much and come back in about 5 minutes to finish, I need to go pooooooooo. BRB
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 AM   #118  
Happy September

HAPPY WEDNESDAY WORLDLY CHICKS!
THIS IS A SHORTY...I HAVE REPORTS TP MAKE FOR THE WEEKEND AND HAVEN'T DONE IT YET
NOTHING NEW HERE ANYWAY. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

ANNIE~ HOPE YOU FEEL MORE WIDE AWAKE THE DAY YOU ARE "SICK" AND GET OUT AND ENJOY THE SUNSHINE. WE'RE TO HAVE SIMILAR WEATHER

JEANETTE~ IN THE GARDEN? I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.OW THAT'S A SCARY THOUGHT!! GIVES A WHOLE NEW SLANT ON SOUTHERN GARDENING

HAPPY~ THANKS...I WAS GOING TO PUT ON WHEELS OF FIRE AND THEN I FOUND THE GIRL SOUNDS LIKE YOU COULD USE IGOR TO BRING YOU A NICE SIPPY DRINK TO THE COUCH YOU HAVE BEEN RECLINING ON BUTT YOU BETTER BET YOUR BUTT OFF THAT DANG COUCH!! WTF!!! GET UP YOU LAZY WENCH!!

SHAD~ MY EX HAD THAT "ABOOT" ACCENT AND HE WAS BORN IN NOVA SCOTIA AND WAS IN LABRADOR. WHEN I MET HIM...THAT WAS THE APPEAL! TOO BAD IT DIDN'T LAST! THANK GOD WE HAVE NO ACCENTS IN NJ. TODAY WILL BE MY DAY OF REST. JEN FILLED YESTERDAY UP!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 AM   #119  
Happy September

HELLO TO ANNIE AND HAPPY!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #120  
Annie - Indiana

ahhhhhh, that's better, I am back...

Anyways.......

Happy...that was such a good write up about accents. We HOOSIERS, which in St. Louis is slang for idiots, goofballs, etc, have some words that are different. I remember while visiting my brother in Georgia, we were all outside and the neighbors asked what I was doing, and I said, hiding from "those guys", well they laughed their arses off at me. I was only 9 for pete's sake. ad yes, I can talk a mile a minute, most people tell me to talk slower cause they can't understand me. Don't they know there is no understanding me regardless how fast or slow I talk. haha

Shad...yeah that ole SAP system, always baffled the people in HR where I used to work. and OMG if there was a change it was 6 months before they kinda got the hang of it.

Michelle...cous cous, I love cous cous. I just tried it for the first time last year. It was seasoned with curry or something yellow. Anyway, I have bought it a few times. It is not as dry as rice, at least IMO. Shad is right, it is great with veggies in it. Quite yummy.

MEL...get to humping on that exercising....don't fall to far behind cause you will not be able to make it up. I am going to Curves tonight. After my Curves routine and stretches, I have added 100 crunches while I am down on the floor at Curves.

Was up till 11:00 pm doing DDs and her BFs taxes on Turbo. They both had unemployment to claim and with Indiana (dumb Indiana), NOT allowing UE to take out state taxes, it made them both owe state and DD owed the Feds also. I had to pay state 400 bucks, myself. I tell ya, I don't even want to win this financial battle, I just want to break slightly even.

Today at 3:30 pm is my ultrasound, then hopefully will get surgery scheduled.

Gotta get busy, gots lotsa work to do again today. Did I tell you how much I absolutely love God, kids, family, friends, my job, curves, Tony, well life in general.....even if I am a pauper...hehe

Hello to everyone, sorry bout the poo break, have a marvelous day all.

Much love and many hugs,