Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I like the idea of the health miles. Which our iinsurance company would do this.

Jolly
Wow. Pepto bismal pink. I hope you win the bid.

Mel
Don't get to rough on the seniors. Good job on those exercise minutes.

Happy
Is the computer hanging up on you again?

Shad
Hang in there, I know that you can do it.

Nothing new for me today. My foot is still bothering me. I am getting excited about going to Springfield, Mo in May since I didn't go last month.

More later
Jeanette
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #167  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Sorry guys - lots going on right now in my life. Not bad, just uber busy, busy, busy.

Will try and get back later to explain.

to Mel in particular - hang in there sister

and a to anyone needing a little TLC
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:03 AM   #168  

Good morning all. Just a quick fly by. I am away at work all day, then heading straight to class. Crazy.

After being up all night coughing, I finally think the end is in sight. Yeah. Knees are doing better too. I jsut did a yoga video this morning, to try to stretch everything out. We shall see.

Not much else to report. Last night of class. So, once the finals insanity is over, I can get back to just work craziness, and my normal levels of insanity, for the summer.

Have a good day all. Sorry so short.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #169  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I didn't make it to the gym last night...let's just say Aunt Flo really CRAMPED my style. I'm hoping to go tonight after the doc appt. Today's appt is with my "regular" doc, and on Thursday, I see the sports med doc.

Ceejay - I hope your foot feels better soon.

Happy - I hope everything is going okay with you.

Jolly - Good luck with your finals! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better.

A big and to everyone else! I'll check in later.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chickies......

Well the iron has kicked in, constipation has set, and Auntie Flo by the weekend. Head is pounding today. Yikes! Ablation is scheduled for May 19, assuming the iron count goes up and the potassium stays put. It is h*ll getting old. Baby girl is much better, she texted me and asked if a grill cheese would be all right to eat. lol

Michelle...I think you personally support the doctors in your neck of the woods. lol I think I am beginning to do that here. Hope everything gets to feeling better.

Jolly..I do hope you get that house as pink is my favorite color.

Ceejay..Hope your foot is better today. My next trip is to St. Louis June 5, 6, & 7 for a bridal shower for my BFs daughter who is the same age as my DD.

Happy...don't get too busy, need to slow down or you will pass yourself up.

Hello to everyone.

Have a great Tuesday,

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #171  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I WAS RIGHT YESTERDAY AND THERE WAS NO ELECTION...IT'S TODAY. BUT THE BUS HAD ALREADY GONE TO THE MALL SO I DID LAUNDRY. I AM OFF TO COAX THE SENIORS OUT OF THEIR BEDS TO VOTE ON THIS DISMAL DAY HAPPY TUESDAY

JOLLY~ GOOD LUCK!

ANNIE~ NICE MILEAGE!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE ABLATION AND GLAD DD IS FEELING BETTER.

MICHELLE~GOOD LUCK WITH THE DR APPTS AND FLO

JEANETTE~ IT WILL BE A NICE TRIP IN THE SPRING WEATHER!

HAPPY~ HUGS BACK TO YA!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #172  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Saturday we had an unexplained power outtage that lasted for several hours. My mom comes in tomorrow and I am trying to get the house "guest ready". My preference, not hers. DH has an interview with a contracting firm tomorrow and after 4 years of working in gym shorts, sport socks and optional t-shirt realized he has no interview clothes. So we had a detour to the store last night for a sport coat, slacks, shirt and tie. Poor DH - that dress shirt looks soooo uncomfortable. I would feel the same way if I had to put on a zoot suit again - I dress quite nicely (I'm told) but it's more knit sweaters and scarfs and such rather than formal jackets. So I haven't logged much computer time the last few days and probably will remain sporadic the rest of the week.

Sorry to hear that many of you are cramping away. It will end one day and you'll think to yourself? What were cramps like? Of course they are replaced by other pains because nothing in life is fair

Keep your chin up Michelle - I think we hit bouts in life where all we seem to do is run to various doctors. Shortly AFTER you are sick and tired of this, it does settle down without notice. Hope you are feeling better.

Don't let the pink rooms distract you Jolly. One girl at work was saying this week that while house hunting they passed up one that was hideously decorated and she couldn't see past it. Then she realized after she bought another house that paint can be correctly but you can't change out a bad floor plan layout and that particular house had an ideal floor plan in retrospect.

Annie - good for you for getting all those stairs in. That's a noble goal! And something you can definitely measure progress on. Will you have to take extra supplements the rest of your life? I thought eventually your stomach grows to a size where you can get your nutrition from food again. I'm always learning about these things. Love your tag line in your signature!

Ceejay - both of us been feeling alot more achy lately - been blaming it on the weather. Could be what's bothering your foot too. Feel better

Hello to Shad and Mel and the rest of the crew. Sorry but I need to move along now. Big hugs to the chicks.

Thank you for the card Mel yours in on the way across the pond Shad. I realized I probably should have sent it a month ago instead of a week ago.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #173  
Annie - Indiana

MEL...see what happens to our minds when we age....we don't know what day it is.

Happy...yes, for the rest of my life I will have to take supplements. Our tummys can get bigger. It will not absorb as it used to because of the intestine routing and how fast things go through our body now. However, taking all these supplements, I do believe, I have never physically been in this good of shape.

I did go work out at Curves last night, worked myself into a sweat. It was fun last night as there were a lot of fun talkers there. One older woman (I would say mid to late 60s or even 70s was a hoot). She was just moving to her own slow groove, quite cute, and talking about the new pie store that was soon to open. I told her if she was going to visit the pie store she needed to work a little harder. She threw her white haired head back and laughed.

Later gaters
Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #174  
Annie - Indiana

I am so constipated, I can't even toot!! hahahhaha
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #175  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all,
Just a quick run through today to check that you are all present and accounted for! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, yup and the lurkers all there

I'm off to see Billy Elliot (the musical) tonight my birthday treat to me. Then on Saturday we are (8 of us at the moment) going to a restaurant to have dinner.

Jolly, I do hope you get that house and soon. for you.

I'd better go. I've 101 things to do and see. Annie - hope the earth moves for you shortly
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #176  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPY~ GOOD NEWS ABOUT AN INTERVIEW...KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED AND THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS

SHAD~ NOW THAT HAPPY MENTIONS IT...I THINK I LOST YOUR BIRTHDAY CARD. BECAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER STAMPING TWO AND I JUST LOOKED AND IT'S NOT HERE. UNLESS I TOSSED IT IN THE MAIL WITHOUT A STAMPING? SO SORRY LITTLE SIS

ANNIE~ I AM SO GLAD I AM POOING!!! FOR A CHANGE!!! GETTING TIRED OF ALL THE "REMEDIES" THE DR RECOMMENDS! THANK GOD THERE IS NO PIE STORE NEAR ME OR ME AND MY CHAIR WOULD HAVE TO GET ON YOUR TREADMILL!!

LONG DAY YESTERDAY BUT I HAD SOME NICE COMPANY. I WAS A GOOD GIRL AND CAME UP HERE TO EAT MY OWN FOOD. NO JUNK AND NO SODA FOR ME. AND I TOOK BREAKS AND ACTUALLY CAME UP HERE TO REST UP. BUT I AM HAVING A MELIDAY TODAY AND JUST GONNA VEGE OUT IN FRONT OF THE TV
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #177  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning!!

Weeehaaaaa, the earth has moved. Now I want it to move again....

MEL...I am proud of you for eating the good stuff at home. Have a marvelous Meliday.

Shad...Birthday sounds like fun. Tony and I went to a new Italian restaurant last night, it was very good.

Hi to all..

Love and hugs,
Old 04-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #178  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies -

I've had a super busy day at work, and I'm looking forward to getting home, changing clothes and going to the gym. The cramps have calmed down. Yay!

My doc appt yesterday went well. Cholesterol is down a lot (thanks to the meds), BP is good, HA1C (blood sugar) is a little high, but the doc said that could be due to the prednisone I was on all autumn as well as the cortisone injection for my back. But I'm gonna get back on track in terms of eating and exercise so my blood tests in September will be even better. As for my back, he thinks I should continue with PT, but he told me to wait and see what the sports med doc says (I'm seeing him tomorrow). Yes, it does feel like I'm making these docs rich....but I'm determined to get healthy and pain free....and if it takes a few visits to docs, then that's what I'm gonna do.

Hope you all have a great evening!

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I had to laugh when you said the earth moved. I use a product over the counter called Colon Cleanser.I buy it at Walmart. It works really well for me. I hate Metimucil.

Happy
Enjoy the time with your mom. Fingers are crossed for the DH's interview.

Shad
Happy Birthday and enjoy yourself.

Mel
Sometimes we need extra sleep instead of going shopping. It can be done another day. I get to sleep in tomorrow morning.

This sight was hanging on me tonight. It was waiting for a google page ad. There is nothing new in my neck of the woods. I have been cleaning out the spare bedroom once again. I'm getting rid of the furniture and will be making this room into a computer room/work out room. I have very little over night company. I will be taking a lot of things to the thrift store.

I'm calling the poditrist tomorrow. Walking is out of the question for any length of time. Walking is what has made it worse. Just keep reminding myself that this is why I have the bicycle.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #180  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Arrrgggghhhhh Mel and Happy - just realised what date it is. I haven't even bought much less sent our Happy a birthday card yet.

Sorry Happy - you can't get old until I can get one for you. Delay the birthday please!

Gotta dash off. It's sometimes difficult to remember in this job that although you are up to your a*se in alligators, your original objective was to drain the swamp!!!!

Last edited by Shad; 04-23-2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Blah - I forget now.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote