Old 04-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ah MEL,..you sneaked up on me....WTF Jersy Girl...you do have an accent...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #122  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning ladies -

I've got lots to say and not much time to say it. So I'll have to type faster! LOL I went to the gym last night for 50 minutes...35 minutes on the recumbent stepper and 15 minutes of upper body and abs. I've got some sore muscles on my left side, but mostly I'm feeling okay. Of course, I forgot to take my anti-inflammatory med this morning...so I'll have to get some Aleve or something. I have errands to run tonight, so I'll probably just go for a walk either at lunch or after work.

The Upper Peninsula definitely has an accent, as does Chicago. Milwaukee sort of has a blending of the Upper Peninsula, Chicago and Minnesota. Southern Illinois and Missouri always add Rs to things like Wershington (Washington).

Shad - Since we've never met or spoke...do you have more of a Kiwi accent or Aussie accent (since you've lived in Aus for awhile)? My former boss from California was a Kiwi...He was from Christchurch. He had a great accent and was easy on the eyes (as well as the ears). I'm curious...do people from Northern NZ have different accents from people from Southern NZ? You are a real expert with accents, huh? I guess that comes from being such a traveler! Great story about the couple in the shoe store! I had no idea cous cous was so easy to prepare. I'm going to have to get some because I do like it.

Mel - Good for you on 100+ minutes! And I'm not always sensible...sometimes I push myself to hard too fast...I'm really having to fight the urge to go full steam ahead now. Yeah, Mel, NJ doesn't have ANY accent! Right!

Annie - I'm glad you're enjoying Curves so much! I'm totally right there with ya' about wanting to see results right away. Just know that the results will show up soon. Too funny about you and Tony being like an old married couple! I've got a bearded dragon lizard who we feed a frozen baby mouse once a week...I know, I know...I had a problem with it too at first. 100 crunches? You rock! I did crunches on the exercise ball but only about 30 or so. Sending you : for your ultrasound. Isn't it great when you are so in love with life in general? I'm feeling that way too! It's all good!

Ceejay - I'm glad we don't have too many snakes up here...that's one good thing about brutally cold and snowy winters.

Happy - I hope you feel better very soon. Lots of liquids and REST young lady. Perhaps you should go to bed earlier. Yeah, right, like that would ever happen! If people in Indy talk too slow for you...how do you deal with people with southern accents? I would imagine they speak even slower. As for Woodmans...nope, never shopped there.

Well, ladies, I'd better get back to it. Here's to a great day for all of us!

Lotsa love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #123  
Creating a Healthier Me

Default If you haven't seen this yet...you've got to watch it.

Some of you may have already seen this on the news...but if you haven't...take a moment to watch it.

It's from Britain's Got Talent. Click on the link below and go to Susan Boyle's audition. She has an amazing voice. Notice the surprise on all the judges' faces.

http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200081.htm
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Thanks for sharing this video. My neice was talking about this on FB. Wow what a voice.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #125  

Mel
Love the avatar.

Annie
No thanks on the snake feeding. It's bad enough to watch my neice feed her lizzard.

Happy
I'm wondering myself the past couple of days why Spring left. It was 37 degrees one morning this week. Feel better soon.

I'm so ready to have my three day's off. Just hope L doesn't decide that she need's to go to her mil's.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #126  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Just time for a quick entry before my 'boys' come to talk about Physical Inventory and keeping the shelves straight. We should be at it all day - they may know about warehousing physically but their SAP is a totally different story. So I have to explain it in words of one syllable.

Accents - well NZ accents. NZ is the only country in the world where the speech gets slower as the climate gets colder. Think about it - Southern Americans speak slower than Northern Americans - Happy could reel off about 5 sentences before Daisy Mae got 1 out. In Australia - you could finish off the sentence and probably the bottle before the Northern Territorian got out the name of his home state. Queenslanders speak slower than NSW and Victorians and yes each State more or less has its own accent. I can't pick them all, however I can tell a Sydneysider and a country v town accent.

I'm from middle NZ and we tend not to have really grating accents such as the Aucklanders and Northland people do. In fact I could pick out a person from Howick in a crowd of London cockneys - and have about as much chance of understanding them. Apologies to anyone from Howick lurking around here.

The further south you go in NZ, the softer the accent until you get to Otago where there were a lot of Scottish settlers. There they have what's known as the Southern Burr and some can sound very Scottish. The Southlanders speak both with the burr and slowly. As with everything these days, people move around and accents become mixed. However I am pleased to hear that the accent and looks were pleasing in Michelle's case. My accent these days is very Trans Tasman. I don't often get picked by the Aussies as a Kiwi any more, but then again, I don't often get picked by the Kiwis as being an Aussie, so it works both ways. I give myself away at home in NZ by picking up a local newspaper and saying something stupid like 'gee, there is a lot of New Zealand news in the paper this morning' D'oh.

If you fancy a place where there are no snakes, try NZ. Not a real snake anywhere. Actually I don't mind them too much as long as I don't have to touch it or live with it. As long as it keeps the rat population down it can stay. Rats cause more sickness and disease. I have seen a couple of snakes in my suburb in Brisbane, mostly the grass variety which are harmless and eat the mice and rats and things that go bump in the night. The really bad ones live in the Outback and the North and generally speaking, if you don't annoy them they won't bother you. They can actually hear you coming, or maybe feel you coming as they pick up the vibs through the earth, long before you see or hear them.

Michelle - there is a salad made out of cous cous called Tabouli. It's got a bit of oil, a bit of garlic, lots of firm chopped tomato and chopped parsley and mint and some lemon juice. It's yummy and very, very good for you.
That woman's voice is amazing. She's being shown on our tv's at the moment. A couple of years ago the Brits got talent show came up with a Welshman by the name Paul Potts and man can he sing too. The pair of them are similar. Not much to look at on the outside but voices of angels. Actually we have one on our biggest loser competition at the moment. Amanda has also got a beautiful voice. She's looking better since she lost 47kg but she is no Keira Knightly or Halle Berry.

And with that I had better go and get emotionally prepared for this day of PI - imagine what strife this lot could get into if they had to keep manufactured sale stock in the store as well. The mind boggles.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #127  

I can't keep up with y'all. I have to laugh on two counts. 1) You are reminding me of all the Sweet Potato Queen books. I am definitely a midwestern Yankee, but I love them books. 2) I had one of my group home managers raving about the sexy accent a client's father had, and whether or not we had talked to him on the phone. I asked where he was from, expecting someplace exotic. Her answer? Illinois

Knee is better, thankfully. House hunting is still stressful. Only two more nights of classes, then finals, then MExico cruise, thank goodness. Maybe I can catch up on sleep.

I need to get back on track with eating and working out. And I will try to get in here twice a day, to keep up with you all. Have a good night
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #128  
Annie - Indiana

Morning all....

Jolly...cute avitar, your kids?

Shad...you are hilarious...you should write a book. Your posts are very entertaining.

Michelle...loved the Brit singer, she is marvelous. I listened to Good Morning America on the way into work this morning. They did an interview with her. She has a cute personality. Quite spunky for being so shy.

Whew, I am not feeling up to snuff this morning, woulda like to stay in bed this morning. I think a good poo would help the situation, but then again, I think a good poo would help a lot in this world. hahaa

Another busy day at work, so best be getting at it.

Hello to all...

love and hugs
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #129  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I had a nice relaxing evening and am ready to tackle the day...once I get a cup of coffee. I'm planning on going to the gym tonight or taking a walk. It's supposed to be gorgeous out today...mid 60s!

Ceejay - Spring's just getting here finally. It's been in the low to mid 30s in the mornings, but at least it warms up to the upper 50s/low 60s during the day. I hope you get to enjoy your 3 days off. Will you go to Paragould?

Shad - Thanks for the scoop on accents. Too funny about accidentally commenting about all the NZ news in the NZ paper! No snakes in NZ? That's nice. Truthfully...I don't mind snakes...they serve their purpose. I'm just a bit scared of the poisonous ones. I really like Tabouli. I've had it a few times and made it once or twice a long time ago. I just don't often think of picking up cous cous at the store. I've heard about Paul Potts...but never heard him sing.

Jolly - I was about the "sexy" Chicago accent. No offense to Happy...but I do NOT find the Chicago accent sexy at all. British, Australian, NZ accents are sexy...Chicago...no. I'm glad to hear your knee is doing better, and that soon you'll be done with school for awhile. The Mexico cruise sounds like just what the doc ordered for your stress and sleep deprivation! Do lots of walking on the ship (and the excursions) to make up for all that delicious food.

I've got lots to get done today as I'm taking 1/2 day off tomorrow.

A big and to everyone!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #130  
Annie - Indiana

Oh the ultrasound went very well. Good news...I am NOT pregnant. ba hahahahahahahahhaha
Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #131  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - you snuck in! I hope you feel better after your BM. Seriously, I'm glad the ultrasound went well. When will you be having your ablation?

Last edited by diyana; 04-16-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #132  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

FOOD SHOPPING IS CANCELED FOR TOMORROW. THAT'S OK WITH ME. GOING TO BE A WHOPPING 70 DEGREES. HARD TO BELIEVE IT WAS JUST 26 THE OTHER NIGHT AND I WAS SHIVERING IN BED I ALREADY ATE SO I AM OFF TO PEDAL AND KEEP UP WITH ANNIE AND MICHELLE. I MADE UP 10 MINUTES ALREADY SO ANOTHER 10 BEFORE THE WEEKEND IS A NO BRAINER.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY

ANNIE~ VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THERE WILL BE NO NEW ARRIVALS GLAD ALL WENT WELL YESTERDAY. THERE ARE NO ACCENTS IN NJ (snicker, snicker) I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER LATER ON.

SHAD~ HOPE THAT PLACE LEARNS HOW TO KEEP TRACK OF THEIR INVENTORY ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. WHAT YA GOT PLANNED FOR THE WEEKEND? MORE SIGHTSEEING?
BAD ENOUGH YOU HAVE LIZARDS IN THE YARD....NO NEED FOR SNAKES TOO

JOLLY~ GOOD TO HEAR THE KNEE IS FEELING BETTER AND YOU CAN REST THE KNEE UP ON THE CRUISE TOO. HAVE A DRING ON ME

MICHELLE~ GLAD YOU GOT TO EXERCISE AND HOPE THE DAY ISN'T TOO BUSY FOR YOU TODAY. GOING TO BE THE SAME TEMPS HERE TOO..CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUTSIDE.

JEANETTE~ GOOD TO HEAR YOU HAVE THE 3 DAYS OFF. HAVE A GREAT TIME WHEN THEY ARRIVE. ENJOY THE WEATHER!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-16-2009 at 08:55 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #133  

Morning all. With injury, and cold/allergies, and all whatnot, my motivation this week has been non-existent. I did force myself to do some upper body weights and some spinbike this morning. At least I did something.

Annie - yes, those are my fur children. May, the brown one is 13, and Bella, the black one, is 3. And I had to laugh about your BM issues. I had a client that whenver you asked her how she was or how she enjoyed anything (camp, dinner, good night's sleep), her answer was always the same . . . "I had a big BM. I feel fine." Now, she was hard of hearing, so this was sad rather loud. Does make you understand why the one laxative commercial was set to the tune of "I Feel Good."

And Michelle, I will have to do more than walk on the cruise. I have a half marathon in Madison the week after I come back I had better keep up my running!!!

Have a good day all.

Last edited by jollygirl; 04-16-2009 at 09:03 AM.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #134  

Where did Happy go?

Mel
I'm a little late in checking my email. Thanks for the card. Next week I'm joining the exercise challenge.

Jolly
A Mexico cruise sounds really nice. Enjoy it.

Annie
Hope you are feeling better this morning. Are you still likeing Curves?

Shad
It's good to see that you are getting things organized for these people. They may want to keep you around for awhile.

Michelle
How are you doing?

I'm going to go to the grocery store and pick up my list and then come home to mow the lawn. I don't think it will take me as long as it did last week. The grass is a lot more dry.

Jeanette
Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

Hey Ceejay...yep still liking Curves. Going for a 15 minute walk at 3:00, then Curves and tanning tonight. I have to push myself to go to Curves cause I would much rather just veg in the evening. So far Curves is winning. It has only been 2 weeks, ask me again in about 2 months.

Michelle...Still waiting on the BM. I think I have a poop headache. Maybe the 3 pm walk will get me moving. Don't know the date on the ablation, but suspect around the 1st or 2nd week of May. The Doc office said he is about 3 weeks out on surgeries. Now Mommie Annie thinks you should do the walk instead of the gym, you worry me with the back probs you have then doing the gym. Hugs,.

Jolly...as the rest of the chickies know, my Jack Russell is named Isabella Roxanne, we call her Belle or Bella, or better know as Hella bella, She is a brat. She turned 9 yrs on Feb 26th, has the spunk of a 4 yr old. Yikes!!

MEL...yeah, kind of dissappointing that I wasn't preggo. NOT. Was going to name it Melody....Sorry. Keep on exercising...I am going for a walk, Curves then tan. Catch me if you can. xoxoxo

Everyone have a wonderful warm evening.

Much Love and Many Hugs.