Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

I didn't have a weigh-in last night...two reasons, I was not in town. Hubby and I went to a concert and my TOPS meeting was cancelled on Thursday due to the weather. From this winter storm we ended up with 9 inches of snow and 2 inches of ice.

I fell on the ice today and I have a very sore ankle. I'm icing it down and elevating it. It's going to slow my workouts down a bit but I will find something I can do.

I just wanted to check in. I'll write more later this weekend.

Hang tuff everyone.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #107  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Susie- OUCH!! I am so tired of the snow and cold. And just think, it's only Jan. Hey, you can always do punches and arm stuff. Hope your ankle feels better soon.

I am just stuck and holding right around 198. YUCK!!! Nothing seems to be working. Guess I just have to keep doing what I've been doing and wait. I did notice calories have around 1200-1300 each day. I think I will pump that up a bit this weekend.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #108  

Ok...I'm feeling blue, down in the dumps...I think it's the weather and the fact that my ankle is bothering me.

I've comforted myself with food today. It's not as bad as I have done in the past but still not on plan. I came here for confession and to turn it around. I don't know why I do this to myself. Usually it's because I'm feeling overwhelmed. I do know that I feel tired. I think I'll get to bed early tonight.

I tried to workout today but just couldn't do any cardio. Walking hurts, biking hurts, forget the elliptical. I bought an ankle bracke today so that tomorrow I can try some walking again.

Mindy: You said you were going to up your calories. What # are you upping too?

Ward and Kelly: I hope you are having a good weekend--looking forward to your posts.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi everyone. It must be this icky winter weather, because I am down in the dumps as well. I haven't wanted to do anything lately. Mindy was funny yesterday, because she came down to my room after school and said, "So, are we working out?" I told her I didn't really want to because I didn't feel like it, and she told me, "Too bad. Get your clothes on. You're not skipping just because you don't feel like working out. Let's go." Thank you Mindy! Even though I grumbled, I am glad you made me do it. Even if I don't have the motivation myself, I so appreciate that you are there for me!

Yesterday at the BL weigh in, I lost two pounds for the week. Down to 184. Yay! But, then today, I pop up to 185.5. WTF?? I am getting so tired of the up/down game. I know so many of you are, too. So, tonight, we went out to a favorite Mexican place and had a quesadilla and chips/salsa. The last few weeks I haven't really planned a "cheat" meal, so I am counting tonight as my "cheat" meal. Maybe that will help? I don't know what to think anymore. I guess I just have to hang in there and be thankful that the scale is mostly going in the right direction.

Susie--Hope that ankle feels better soon!
Ward--Hope you are hanging in there!
Mindy--Just keep on keepin on. It's coming off slowly but surely.
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #110  

It's bad. Really bad. We are having a Super Bowl Party tonight, and there is food all over my kitchen. Have I been nibbling on it? Yes, of course I have. Do I want to quit eating all of it? Yes, but I am struggling big time. Hopefully it won't get worse. I am also depressed because the scale went up again today to 186.5. Again, WTF? Whatever. I guess that's life.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #111  
mtiger

Wink

Well ladies, It looks like we can all moan and groan together this weekend. Since I had only been eating about 1200 calories, i upped it to about 1600 on sat. All I have done this weekend is gain. I second with Kelly, WTF??? I was back up to 199.6 today. All I can think is TOM is coming, but not for several days yet. What gives?

Well I am going to do WATP for 45 min when I'm done here. See if that does any good. See ya tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a better day for all.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #112  

Hi Gals,

It was a bit warmer here in Ohio today and I noticed a lot of melting. I tried to think about how when I stay on track those lbs melt just the same way. Right now it's slow. I've had some "freezing happing" and then the thawing. During the thaw (when I'm journaling, working out, logging my food and staying on plan) I so want to see the melting but it takes awhile for that to happen. I've got to generate that heat during the thaw so that the melting will happen.

Mindy and Kelly: It's so awesome that you have each other to keep the other one going.

Mindy: Don't give up. You are doing this and those scales will go back down.

Kelly: Step away from those snacks. I think the scales went up today due to the Mexin food you had last night--it's full of salt which helps to retain water.

Ward: We miss you!

I will try working out tomorrow at lunch time. My ankle is filling better today. It's a little tender but it has improved greatly.

I'm back on track with my food today. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #113  
mtiger

Wink

I went down to 199 today, not much. Why this has become so difficult is a mystery. Kelly and I went back to an old friend tonight, BL Cardio max. We did the whole thing, 50 min. I was so worn out, I couldn't even do it very well. It could be TOM on the horizon. Probably in the next 2 or 3 days. I just want to crash.I have too much to do though for that to be an option.

Susie- Glad your ankle is feeling better. I hope you get to work out today.

Ward- How's it going??

Kelly- Phew!!! I hope tomorrow is better.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #114  

Ok, so I have never had this happen before. I must be retaining water, BIG TIME, because I have gained 6 pounds since Friday. Again, WTF? Yes, I ate like a big fat pig yesterday, but that has happened before, and I have never gained 6 pounds in 3 days. I am back on routine today, so that's good. Mindy and I did all 3 levels of BL Cardio Max which is about 50 minutes. That is a good workout. We were both pretty tired today, though. Just sort of ho-hum and not a lot of energy.

Susie--How's the ankle today? Did you get your workout in at lunch?

Ward--We're getting worried over here. When you are gone this long it usually means you are off on a binge?! Hope you are just on vacation!

Mindy--We'll keep it up. Our mantra just needs to be: It has to come off eventually.....right?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #115  

Ok, that was strange. Mindy and I must have been typing at the same time for those last posts!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #116  

Hi,

What a CRAZY day I had a work. I hit the ground running and I it never stopped for me.

I was only able to do 15 min on the bike today before my ankle started hurting. Tomorrow I'll try the treadmill and see how I do. It is getting better every day..just taking a bit.

Kelly: I have no idea why you would gain 6 lbs and I know it's not a good feeling but I bet you will see it drop quickly. Hang in there and keep moving.

Mindy: You work so hard at this, just keep it up.

Ward: Where are you? Do you need us to come and get you back on the wagon?

My food was good today. It was time for me to really get back in the game with the food. It sure didn't take long for me to get off track and get hooked on the sugar once I let that guard down--lesson learned!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #117  
mtiger

Wink

Well I know for sure TOM will be here very soon. I am going to account all the wonky weight fluctuations to that. I was down a pound today, 198. Worked out hard with Kelly, and after she had to leave. I did all of BL Bootcamp. 55 min. Maybe I'll see another loss tomorrow. Anyway, as soon as TOM moves on, I am COUNTING on a loss.

Susie- Just get right back on the horse and ride. Like my horse metaphor? You know what it takes.

Kelly- Wanna try Cardio Max again tomorrow??

Ward- Come back, come back.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #118  

Hey all. Well, some of the water is coming off, now I just hope a little bit more comes off. I was back down to 187.5 today, still up 3.5 pounds from Friday, but I guess it is better than 6. Hopefully those darn scales will go down again tomorrow. Worked out hard today, one of those days where sweat is just pouring down your face. I hate that much sweat, but I know it is important.

Mindy--I'm up for Cardio Max tomorrow if you are!

Susie--Be careful with that ankle. You don't want to damage it more. That will really put a damper on things!

Ward--Looking forward to your posts again!

See you ladies tomorrow!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #119  

Ok Mindy, I got back on the horse. I was able to complete my regular workouts today. Ankle is feeling good. I'm going to wear a brace on it tomorrow when I do zumba...it's easy to twist it when your body is twisting so much.

Mindy: You amaze me with your workouts.

Kelly: It sounds like you and Mindy are hitting the exercise...show those 6 lbs who's boss!

Ward: WE NEED YOU!!!

I have a question for you guys. Have you changed the way you eat? Is it just less food or different food?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #120  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Thanks for the encouragement, you guys. I am having a hard time getting it together. I am not sure why. I'll check back in later.

You all keep kicking butt!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote