Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!

I think my weekend was successful. I was out of town at a hockey tournament all day Saturday, and half the day Sunday, so needless to say, there were lots of meals that had to be eaten out. I am happy to report I never once even walked over to the evil concession stand! Yay! I was able to eat normal breakfast on Sat, but had Taco Bell for lunch. I got 2 Fresco Ranchero Chicken soft tacos, 170 calories each. Not bad. For dinner, we ate in the hotel restaurant. I had a salad. Blech. I am really getting tired of salad. It was not very satisfying, so I had half a grilled cheese. Of course, later on my husband ordered pizza and breadsticks (at 10:30 pm, mind you), so I just ate a couple breadsticks. It might have been too many calories for the day, but not too bad. This morning we ate at a breakfast buffet. Ate probably too much, but I carefully estimated calories and ate a bowl of cereal for lunch, and some beef stroganoff for dinner that made up for the breakfast. I think I managed to stay at 1450 calories for today. Because I wasn't at home this morning, I was not able to weigh myself, so now I am just terrified to step on that scale after what happened last weekend. Sadly, I have not had time to work out this weekend. After getting home today, we all fell asleep on the couches, got groceries, had dinner, did the bath and bedtime thing with the kids, and now I am here. I still have to pay bills and grade papers tonight, so I guess working out will have to wait until tomorrow.

Susie--I am looking forward to seeing your trainer's plan. I know Mindy will share it with me.

Mindy--Watch it girl. I'll punch you right back!! My arm is feeling better, finally, by the way. Woo Hoo on the 196! 195 will show it's face in no time!

Ward--Glad to see you back!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #137  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hey, hey. Kelly good job keeping any damage to a minimum this weekend. It sounds like you did well. Also great work doing all 55 min. of BL Bootcamp tonight. Level 2 is the killer. My arms are feeling level 3 right now.

Susie- Thanks for the info. It is interesting. I am assuming that the cardio can be whatever you like. Either from a treadmill, elliptical, bike etc. So you should never get to levels 4 and 5 huh?? I gotta say, there are time I am certainly there.

Ward- Hope you are doing well today and still on plan.

I am just plugging along of course. 197 even today. Looking for that 195. Maybe this week. See ya later.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #138  

BL Bootcamp was killer for sure. Felt good though. I am still amazed that I can manage to do 55 minutes without dying. Last year at this time I was keeled over doing 30 minutes and giving up. Not bad. A little fifth grade boy gave me a compliment today. He stopped me in the hallway and said, "Have you been working out?" I told him yes, and he said, "You look really nice." I wanted to jump on the kid and give him a huge hug! Usually the kids notice when I get my nails done, or get new glasses, but most of them just see me too often to notice the weight difference. He sure put a spring in my step tonight. Food is on target today, weight was 185.5. Only up half a pound from Friday. I was worried that all that eating out from the weekend would kill me, but I think I made decent choices and it worked out!

Mindy--If we keep working like we did tonight, you should definitely see that 195 by the end of the week! Hey, forward Susie's trainer plan to me if you get a chance. I am interested!

Susie and Ward--Looking forward to seeing how you did today!

Ta ta for now!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #139  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gals,

I had the day from he** today at work & I managed to stay pretty much on plan. I say pretty much because I did allow myself at 6:30 tonight...when I was still at work, to have a small bag of M&M's. They were very good and I have been wanting them for days, so I just got it over with. Of course I have to write it on my food sheet and my trainer will see it. But it's much better than I have done in the past.

I had a good workout today. I did the treadmill and I choose to stay in Zone 3 & 4, going back and forth between them.

Kelly: I think you made very good choices for the situation you were in. What counts here is that you thought about it and did the best you could. I'm sure you remember a time when you wouldn't have.

That was so awesome what that little kid said.

Mindy: You are correct that that the cardio on my plan can be whatever I choose. I've done the treadmill and the eliptical so far. It's not that I can't ever get to a 4-5, she said that right now I need to get in my fat burning range there will be times in the future that I will be touching the 4-5 range for a few minutes...it's all to build up my anaerobic threshold. As I push it up, then I get a bigger range in which to burn fat.

Ward: Looking forward to hearing from you.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #140  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Kelly & Mindy - sounds like you are stepping up the workouts! Way to go! And a compliment from a fifth grader? You must be looking really different for him to notice. I am still waiting for those updated photos. Just sayin'.

Susie, no worries about the M&Ms. I am sure you can work them into your plan, and even if you can't - one bag of M&Ms isn't going to do any damage in the long run. I am sorry the stress got to you today, though.

I am on plan. I even filled goody bags for my son's birthday party and valentine sweet sacks with candy without being tempted. I don't know, it's like I have an internal switch, and when it's on, I don't want to go off plan at all. But when it's off, it's WAY off. Anyway, I did Group Ride and Group Power this morning and then raked sweet gum balls out of my front yard, too. I just hit the day's calorie burn target (2150) with three hours to spare.

See you tomorrow!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #141  
mtiger

Wink

Well Kelly had a meeting after work so I was on my own for my workout. It was 60 degrees at 4:30 so I headed home to get outside. I did a 3 mile walk/jog. It was beautiful. I know it will get cold again and we will get more snow, but I sure enjoyed these last few runs outside.

Tomorrow Kelly and I are back to working out at school. I believe we have Cardio Max scheduled. Lots of lunges in this one and we both complain about our knees.

Susie- I would love some M&M's right now. I did have a mini Kit Kat today. Other than that, I am on plan.

Ward- Good workout. I understand what you mean. Sometimes I have the willpower of a saint and nothing phases me. Other times I am tempted by everything. We must be strong.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #142  
Maintainer Wannabe

Mindy, isn't it great when you can get back outside? I hate lunges, too. There, I said it!

I wore myself completely out today. I did a 3.6 mi or so run on the tm, then Group Ride. I came home and raked for about another hour. Then this afternoon I ended up doing like every household chore there is - they kind of all piled up at once. Anyway, so here I am at 8:30pm with almost 2600 calories burned already. Eating is on plan, right at 1500.

See you tomorrow!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #143  

Hi Gals,

I am happy to let you know that those M&M's yesterday didn't upset my plan; I'm doing good. Did my Cardio Pump class today and then a 30 min walk. I can't believe it but I'm sitting here watching the biggest loser and I'm thinking I need something..like a bananna! Who is that girl? lol

Ward: I am so happy that you were able to not be tempted by the Valentine candy. I told my husband I did not want any for Valentines day. He could buy me a pair of workout socks or something instead! It's so glad to have you back Ward.

Mindy: I'm enjoying the warmer weather too. It reminds me that I want to look toned and thinner this summer so I've got to work hard now.

Kelly: I see that you had to miss a workout. Wouldn't it be so nice if life never got in the way?

OK, I'm going to get my bananna and glass of water and settle in with the Biggest Loser.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #144  

Somehow I did not post yesterday. Hmm. Don't know how that happened, since I read everything! I am on plan, both with diet and exercise, but not really seeing anything happen on the scale. It has taken almost 2 weeks to get back down to where I was before the wicked 6 pound gain. I was back at 184.5, which is where my ticker is set at. I worked as hard as I could tonight, my knee was bothering me, and I had to leave early to pick up my daughter from daycare, so I only got in about 45 minutes instead of the whole hour of P90X Kenpo. It was good and hard, and felt good when my knee didn't feel like it was giving out. Maybe tomorrow that scale will be kind to me. I would like to see an overall loss at my BL weigh in on Friday. I always seem to weigh a half pound less there than I do at home, so anything I can lose in the next 2 days will be an overall loss. My Valentine goal was 180, and I don't think I am going to make it , but I am not giving up. This weight is just being stubborn. I got 2 more compliments today. It must be compliment week. Our male assistant principal, and my brother in law both told me I looked good today. My husband wasn't real excited to hear it. He even made the comment he doesn't know if he likes the attention I am getting. Oh well, too bad for him. Because I am not going to let him sabotage me.

Susie--How was that banana? Look at you go!

Ward--Mindy and I keep talking about those darned pictures, we just have to remember to take them!

Mindy--You can totally have the M&M's. You are probably the only person I know that can just eat a few and not chow down on the whole bag. What amazing willpower you have.

Adios!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #145  

Hi,

How was everyone's day today? My workout last night really did me in...I feel so tired today and everything hurts...it must have been a effective workout. I did do my Zumba workout today. It gave me energy fo a while afterwards but I'm now tired again. My legs are the worst from all the squats we did.

I need to get to my feelings journal. I have some pent up frustrations with work and a situation there that I need to get out. I'm tired tonight so I'm not sure how much I will write but I need to get back with it. It's an effective tool for me.

Looking forward to seeing everyones posts.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #146  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly- I had to laugh at your post about the compliments. We get comments all the time from women, but it seems a little different when men notice. Like Monday our male custodian told me I am sure losing weight and it really shows. He even told me I better slow down. It seems a little strange coming from him. Your husband will just have to adjust to having a new hot mama on his arm.

Susie- I never have time time to write about my feelings. I just ramble a mile a minute while we work out. My class is the most frustrating group of children I have had in a long time. Of course, they are 5th graders. Thank God I get to work it out of my system right after work.

Ward- nice job getting out there and running. Chores??? My house is never clean. Where does the time go??

This morning was joyous. I saw a new low, 195.6. Can you believe it?? I was very happy. Now to see 194. I did the whole P90X Kenpo. 56 min. It was long, but it was fun. Tomorrow I have a dentist appt so I'm off in the a.m. If it is nice I might come home and go for a run before I need to work for the afternoon.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #147  
Maintainer Wannabe

Congratulations, Mindy! And you called your workout "fun"! Is that something the old Mindy would have said?

Kelly, I bet you are feeling very motivated by all those compliments. Those guys don't know whether you weigh 184 or 180, they can just see you changing!

Susie, did you get your feelings out? Do you go back and re-read your journal, or just write it down to get it out? Just curious, since I've never done anything like that.

I have worn myself out again. Yesterday was crazy with my daughter's parent teacher conference and my husband getting home late from work. Today she had early release again and I had to take her on errands with me. I worked out both days, don't worry. Eating is on plan, too.

Tomorrow I have a birthday party from 4 - 6, and then we're having my son's party at the exact same place on Sunday. Many of the same kids will be there. :sigh: Have I mentioned that I am already so.tired.? I think I might cook a nice dinner for V-Day. I need to stay on plan at least until Sunday, though. I might have to have some cake on my baby's 5th birthday.

See you tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #148  

Ward--I am with you. I am just worn out. I couldn't stay to work out today. My daughter had an orthodontist appointment right after school. I swear, I have been on the run ever since. Dinner out (I ate another salad, of course), went and got my nails done, went to the grocery store to buy the things I need for our school valentine party tomorrow, back home to do baths and bedtime. Oh, and I have a pile of dishes upstairs and papers to correct tonight. Wow, the fun just never ends. At this point, I need to work out because my weigh in is tomorrow, but it sure looks like life is getting in the way again. I hope next week is better. I have been summoned for jury duty next week, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to report.

See ya tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #149  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly- I was going to get on and ask what workout you were going to do tonight, since we couldn't work out together. It looks like it is going to be the busy teacher workout. I hope you are planning on staying tomorrow for a good workout, since you obviously won't get one in tonight. I just finished BL Bootcamp, levels 1&2, 45 min. Didn't feel like doing 55 min. and my arms are sore from yesterday's Kenpo.

Ward- Lots of partying for you this weekend. I also have a busy weekend. Tomorrow of course is our Valentine's party at school. I am already planning on 1 Lofthouse sugar cookie. Hopefully nothing else. Then my DD is in "The Vagina Monologues" tomorrow night. On Sat. my neice is getting married. I am so happy we have Monday off.

Susie- I hope you are doing well at your weigh-in tonight. You have been working hard. I just know you will get a loss. Tomorrow Kelly and I weigh-in at school. I am down maybe 3 pounds. I was 195 today. I am really hoping for 194 something tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #150  

Well, I’m not sure how to feel about my weigh-in last night. I didn’t gain but I didn’t lose. I stayed the same. I really wanted to see those scales go down. I feel like I had a good week food and exercise wise but sometimes these things happen.

I’m that much more determined. One of my friends at TOPS met her goal last night. She lost 93 lbs! It has taken her 3 years but she looks great and she has changed her lifestyle so much.

I’ll be working out today at lunch time. I know that this will not happen overnight and last week I was actually surprised to see that 2 lb loss, so I know it will happen again, I just need to keep on doing what I’m doing and continue to work and improve on my food and workouts.

I have sent my info to my trainer so we will see what she has to say. Any advice, encouragement and total honesty is appreciated!

Ward: You are a busy lady. I'm so happy to see you back on plan. I have written in my feelings journal. I really don't have a plan for it when I do it. I just write whatever I'm thinking at that time. I do go back and read it sometimes. I also put in quotes I find that I like and other inspiration ideas. I've not done this before so it's all new to me.

Kelly: I am tired too! I have been dealing with a bit of a cold. I had it for 2 weeks and it just kept getting worse so I finally got some meds from the doctor and I slept in a bit in the mornings. Because of that I didn't get my ab workouts done but I thought it better to sleep, feel better and keep on track with my other workouts. Sometimes we do need to give ourselfs a bit of a break.

Mindy: Look at that # on the scales!!!! I'm excited to hear about yours and Kelly's weigh-in today.

Ladies...let's just keep it up. We can do this...I CAN DO THIS--as long as I have my team support here...you ladies are wonderful!