Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Height: 5'4"

If I could find the wagon, I would happily climb back on it. What is wrong with me????? Yesterday, I ate out for lunch with my mom. Greasy, terrible quesadillas AND some of my mom's nachos. Then, I proceeded to have ice cream for dinner. Oh, wait...did I mention the hot fudge, peanut butter topping, and mound of whipped cream on top? I felt like throwing up when I was done. Why do I do that? I am sooooo done with it. No more sabotaging myself! I missed 2 days of posting already, but, hey, I was out of town, at least I have an excuse, I guess.

Zeinab--Welcome! Glad to meet you! By the way, what are biccies?

Mindy-- Glad to see those 2 pounds come off. You know this is just a temporary blip on the screen for you. Will you be there after school Monday? Don't you have the afternoon off?

Susie--Good for you keeping that journal. You are going to do it this time! Let us know what you think of the BL show. It is just so inspiring!

Wardhog--Good job keeping those party snacks away. That is so difficult!

Nichola--I am glad all the Christmas goodies are out of your house. That will certainly make a difference. I just got a pair of Nike Running shoes. They are great! I really notice they are much lighter weight than my old ones which I think were cross trainers. Check out the Nike section--I have always had good luck there!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #17  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Kelly- The wagon is right there. All you need to do is jump on. I'm saving you a spot. See ya tomorrow. Don't think I will be there after school. My appt. is at 3:00. I could come back though, if you want me to.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

I just got back from the gym. I walked for 40 minutes and got in 2 miles and then I did some ab work. It felt good to get back to working out. I've packed my gym bag for tomorrow so I can do my lunch time workout.

I am happy to report that I was able to not have the popcorn at the movies. I felt so strong and proud of myself for being able to not have it.

I'm about to sit down to dinner--hubby cooked for us tonight. I've had a good day being on plan and working out.

Tomorrow it's back to work and normal life.

Ward: What a good idea to eat before you went to the open house and to get your workout in. It's not always easy to do these extra things to keep on track but don't you feel good about yourself for doing so?

Kelly: Yep..the wagon is here...we will always come around and get you when you fall off. It takes all of us to keep the wagon balanced.
That binge is over and done with..you are moving on.

Mindy: Counting the popcorn in to your calories and having it at home where you can control how it's made is a smart choice. You have taught me that I can have things like that...just count it in and control it.

Zeinab: Glad to see you here and that you are on your plan.

Nichola: How is the dog walking going? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ok..got to go..talk to you all tomorrow
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 246/238/146

Height: 5 ft 3 in

New to 3fatchicks!

Back on WW and lost 4# since 12/31. Water probably, but none the less 4#!

Going back to teach 4 year olds tomorrow and hope I can do it without a Real Coke. Stress makes me want a coke soooo bad!

Wish me luck.

I want a weight loss ticker!!!
DanielleMomOf2Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #20  

Danielle- Good luck!

Kelly- Biccies short for biscuits, this part of the UK! LOl

My Choice- Proud of you. Well done.

Mtiger- Low-fat popcorn is fine. Good girl.

WardHog- What amazing willpower. Hope it brushes off....me!

My day started with some fruit salad (no bananas) & a hot lemon & honey drink.

Midday, had some homemade veg & lentil soup (consisted of courgettes, carrots, onions, celery, tomatoes, clove garlic, cooked in a light chicken broth). Both filling, healthy & yummy. Drunk 2 litres of water & for supper had a low fat yogurt mixed with fresh blueberries & sliced strawberries. Before bedtime, herbal drink.

On that note, shall bid you all a good night, cos crazy school run tomoz, for the gang of 4. LOl

Night Night! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zeinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #21  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Kelly - I am sure once you get back into your routine you will find your mojo again.

Mindy - when does the next BL contest start?

Susie - great workout! Keep it up!

Danielle - welcome to 3fc and our January club thread. I hope you will come back and post often. Another teacher!

Zeinab - I think I would starve if that's all I ate in a day. The soup sounds great, though. What's a courgette?

I have been on plan 7 days now and I'm starting to feel a lot better. My workout was awesome today but I am a bit worried that the gym will be super crowded tomorrow. It's my Group Power day and if the class is full I will be annoyed and off-routine. What will be, will be - I will deal.

See you tomorrow!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #22  

Thank you for the encouragement everyone. I think I am back on track. Food was good today. My daughter was in a hockey tournament all weekend, and it was really difficult to resist the concession stand. But, I did it! (Her team won the whole tournament, undefeated, by the way! We were so excited! Hers is a team of pretty much all girls that beat 4 teams of all boys!)

Ward--Hope Group Power is kind to you tomorrow!

Susie--Great workout! You are doing great staying on plan!

Mindy--I am bummed you won't be there to work out with me tomorrow, but I am still going to walk or something!

Zeinab--I think I would starve, too, but everything sounds really good!

Danielle--Welcome! Mindy and I are teachers, too. I look forward to your posts! Let us know if you need help finding a ticker!

Nichola--Hope things are going well!

See everyone tomorrow! I hope I can stay awake long enough to post. Had the last 2 weeks off, back to kids full force tomorrow--they wear me out!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #23  

Hi all and Happy New Year!
I'm new and looking for some gal pals to keep me motivated - and judging by your tickers - I came to the right place! Last year was kind of a disaster for me. I suffered a pretty bad injury at the end of 2007 and had to stop working out for a while - that combined with stress eating from grad school - I gained over 30 lbs. I wasn't a thin girl to begin with. Now I'd like to lose about 50 lbs or so. I figure I'll know when hit my goal by how clothes fit and how toned I am.
My immediate goals are to eat healthy (lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains and very little processed sugars or fats) and to exercise several days a week. I've never liked exercising, but there were times where I was able to make it a habit. I want to get there again.
Thanks for reading!
martinigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #24  

Hi Ladies,

I survived the 1st day back to work. Someone brought in saltwater taffy and also some chocolate covered cheeries. I just told myself that it would't taste that good and then I moved them away from the file cabinet by my desk to a much more open space. I am a "closet eater" and I only overeat in private so I knew if they weren't where I could get to them in private I wouldn't eat them.

I wasn't too tired when I got home tonight. Maybe it's because I did get in a lunch time workout? I did 20 min on the bike and then finished with some Natulis training for upper back and chest.

At my work gym they are offering us 3 free months with a trainer for free. Let me tell you I jumped on that! I should have something in place with them around the end of January. I'll let you know more as I know more.

I am on plan with food, with posting here, with keeping my food and exercise sheet and my feelings journal. It sure takes a lot of work but if I learned one thing last year...that's what it will take and so because I so want to be successful this year; I WILL do what it takes.

Martini Girl: Weclome to the thread. I had a hard time last year as well but just posting with these gals kept me from giving up and this year I have the right mind set. I'll be looking forward to your posts. I had to laugh when you said you didn't like exerice, neither did Mindy and you should see how far she has come with that. Now she signs up for 5ks and is actually running!

Kelly: I'm glad you got back on the wagon--I knew you would. How was your workout without Kelly? Did you use your new Ipod?

Ward: Was your class crowded today?

Zeniab: That soup sounds really good. Your food looks very healthy and balanced.

Danielle: Welcome to the thread. We will be here to support you and look forward to your posts. All posts help all of us and give us support. If you need help with a ticker I'm sure many of us can help you.

I'll see everyone tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #25  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- WooHoo!! Score for you. A trainer. That would be heaven. I am sure you will get a lot out of it. Keep moving them cherries away. As I type, there is a box sitting next to me. Good thing I don't like them. Thanks for the comment about my working out. I do seem to live for it now. 45 min. today.

Danielle- Welcome and stick around. This is a great group and we really support each other.

Zeinab- You're making me hungry. I hope that's enough food.

Ward- Today is day 7 for me also. Hope you get your class. Funny how we get so stuck in our routines.

Kelly- you didn't mention the tournament. YEAH!!! GO GIRLS!!! Hey, I made that workout today after all. Kickin butt!!!

Martingal- Welcome. I've said it before, this is a great place to be. Hope you stick around. We can meet our goals.

I was under 200 again today. Lost track of how many times now. Got a good 45 min. cardio workout in and have eaten well. What more can a girl do??

See ya tom.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #26  

I promised to post every day, and I will. Short but sweet, today, though. Got homework to help with. Food was good today, I was over my goal calories by 115. I ended up eating 1515 today because of a stinking piece of garlic bread. I guess I'll have to do some Wii Fit tonight to make up for it. Mindy ended up returning to work after her appointment so we were able to work out after all. 30 good butt kickin minutes of Bob Harper should help me! My husband made some cookies after dinner, and guess how many I ate?........0!! Woo Hoo! I told him he better eat them all and eat them fast! See you tomorrow girls.

Welcome Martinigal! Looking forward to your posts and helping in any way!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #27  
mtiger

Wink

Hey, something must be going right. I am inching down everyday this week. Must keep it going in the right direction. I am eating 1400 calories, doing 45 min. cardio one day, 45 min. strength/cardio combination the next day. I am allowing myself one rest day a week. Hope this keeps working.

Kelly- Tell that hubbie of yours to ixnay on the cookiesay. I'll miss you tonight. Get that workout in though without me. Promise?? I'll be getting mine done also.

hope everyone is doing well today. See ya tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #28  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Susie, that's some fantastic will-power you have! Way to go!

Kelly, you too! And I can't believe your husband made cookies. My husband can't boil water.

Mindy, on the results! Keep it up!

Welcome, martinigal! I hope you will be reading and posting here a lot. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

As for me, I am on my 9th straight day of on-plan eating but the scale has not budged. Soooo frustrating. I had a great workout this morning - 60 min of cardio and Group Ride. I also had a nice long chat with another woman at the gym. I know a lot of people at my gym, but I hope she and I will become friends - she's a mom of two small kids, too.

Zeinab, Danielle, Nichola - I hope we haven't lost you.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #29  

Ward--Oh, yes, my husband is a great cook. I cook, too, but I let him do it most of the time. If only I could get him to stop making stuff that makes me want to binge.

Mindy-- Just returned from hockey practice, and BL is starting soon. It will record, I will get my workout in, and then I can watch it. Just have to wait for my girls to go to bed.

Dropped a half a pound today. Hope it keeps going in the right direction!

Danielle, Nichola, Zeinab, Susie, Martinigal,---Hope all is well.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #30  

Hi Ladies,

It's later than usual but I'm here. I just finished watching The Biggest Loser. This is my first time to ever watch it. I cried and cheered. I'm excited to see how those who go home do.

I know if I was someplace where I had someone in my face every day that I would lose weight more easily. One reason, I'm competitive, two I'm a binger who overeats in private, so I'm anxious to hear the stories of those that go home.

The desperation of those people on that show is very, very familiar.

I am on plan, I've worked out (did my Hi/LO class with weight training=60 min and then did a 30 min walk. I went 1.50 miles).

So, tomorrow is a day I had to think about and make a decision about and I needed to do it tonight. We are having a "Welcome Breakfast" for a new Brand Manager. I orginally thought that I would just eat what would be there for my breakfast. But after thinking about it more I have decided that I will stick to my own breakfast..it's something I can control. I know the calories, I know I like it and I know what it will be. I've never given this much thought to my food before.

Ward: 9 days is something to be proud of. I know, as you do, that the results will come. Stay strong.

Kelly: Some days it just gets really busy doesn't it? I'm proud of you for sticking to your goal to come and post and for planning on working out after homework is done--you'll show that piece of garlic bread!

Mindy: I'm glad you went under 200 again...I know you wanted it. You are doing all you can do--just keep doing it.

I need to go write in my feelings journal and then get to bed. 5:15 a.m. comes early.

See you all tomorrow.