Old 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #76  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like we're all having some challenges. I am finally back on my eating plan and I really want to stay here. Exercise has been good.

See you tomorrow.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I am over my pity party. I am back on plan, and feeling better for it. I ate well today, I am under my calorie goal, so I'm feeling good. I still need to work out tonight. Gotta get my cardio in. Hopefully I can fit it in while we are waiting for a plumber to arrive. Our main sewer line is beginning to back up, and we want to catch it before it actually does back up. So, we'll be waiting around tonight.....

Mindy--You just keep going down! You have been waiting so long, you deserve it.

Susie--Just remember, you will lose this weight on your own, and you will feel better knowing you did it by yourself without surgery. Be proud of all you have done! You have worked so hard!

Ward--Glad to see you are on plan.

Nichola--How's it going?

See everyone tomorrow!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #78  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,

Had a relatively quiet weekend and did ok food-wise ... except I probably had a bit too much wine Then last night I had to go to a surprise birthday dinner for a friend of mine who's husband had arranged it, so not so good with the plan yesterday. I ordered fairly sensibly for my starter (Prawn/avocado salad), and my main course (Lamb Rack ~ it was small! With Veggies) ... but her hubby had arranged a wonderful chocolate birthday cake and the waiters cut it all up and put a slice in front of everyone ... I should have declined, but didn't! Oh well, what's done is done. I'm back on plan today so I'm hoping that I haven't done too much damage ... we'll see on Friday when I weigh-in again.

I'm afraid that I haven't done the food journal thing yet ... I've been a bit slow off the mark ... although I did go and buy a new book at the weekend, so I'm ready to make a start on it ... I'll start it tomorrow!

You all seem so motivated, I hope some of it rubs off on me soon. I'm trying to encourage a friend to come walking with me, I'd be far more inclined to do it regularly if I'd got someone to share it with ... then I wouldn't be able make excuses for not doing it and to talk myself out of it!

Keep up the good work all of you!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #79  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Okay, you all know me so well. Well today starts mid-cycle gain time. I went up 1.5 pounds and I am relaxing about it because I know what it is. I just hope it keeps to a minimum this time around. I don't want to go back up to 200, no way, shape of form. Wish me luck. I have stayed on eating plan and worked out everyday.

Last night I tried some Tai Chi with my DD. I don't get it. I had enough after 45 min. and she got mad at me for stopping. 45 min. Come on. We also spent a good hour and a half in the barn yesterday. We were trying to clean up some poo. It was frozen like granite. We hacked away with a pick for about an hour. Want a good arm workout. Come on over. There is plenty to do.

I bought new DVD's yesterday. So today Kelly and I did Jillian's kickboxing, for about 30 min., then tried a Latin dance workout for 10. That was funny. We have no clue what we're doing.

Ladies- We are all doing so well. Stick to your guns. Eat right, move that body and never give up. We are strong and capable.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #80  

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I wanted to get here and just didn't get a chance but I was thinking about you all. In fact, I had a very stressful evening with DH and some work issues that he is dealing with and there were chocolate chip cookies in the house that he baked BUT I only had one after my dinner. I just kept thinking about all of you and your motivation. So, see Nichola...it will rub off!

I've got to catch my food journal up from yesterday and today but that I'm still on plan and doing well.

I did Zumba at lunch today. I just love that class, it's a fun workout and I don't realize how hard I'm working until it's over with. Tonight I'll walk with my friend and round out my free weight workout working those areas that I haven't worked this week.

Ward: I'm so happy to hear that you are back on plan.

Mindy: The Latian dance workout sounds like my Zumba class.

Nichola: Don't sweat the cake. I think it's Kelly who plans that sort of thing into her calories. I think that is a smart thing to do.

Kelly: I've got to ask..was it "Joe the Plumber" that you were waiting on?! Did you get your workout in before he came.

One more thing, are you still watching The Biggest Loser? That show is so motivating to me. I'm glad that Mindy and Kelly talked about it so much last year and made me want to watch it this year. I couldn't believe that those 2 girls jumped for over 2 hrs! I would have puked!!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #81  
Maintainer Wannabe

I had a good workout today and I am on plan.

Nichola, one piece of cake will not undo all of your hard work. I tend to eat the whole cake!

Kelly, did you get your cardio done?

Mindy, hooray for new DVDs! I am really bad at any sort of dancing exercise - I have never tried one at my gym because I'm too embarrassed.

Susie, good job on dealing with the stress in a positive way. That is such an important skill to develop - I wish I were better at it.

RE: the Biggest Loser - It's probably my favorite show on TV, the only thing I really look forward to watching every week. That said, I was really disappointed with who went home last week and this week. I wish it had been someone else. (Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.)

See you tomorrow. Stay strong, everyone.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #82  
mtiger

Wink

Still on track, day 24. Yep, going strong. So far the gain is only 1.8 pounds, I hope it doesn't get any higher. Kelly and I tried her new DVD today. It uses figure 8 resistance bands. We both agreed, we need stronger bands. Hmm!!! Are we getting fit???

Susie- I would love to try Zumba. I have heard so much about it. Chocolate chip cookies would definitely be my downfall. Must stay away from them. There is a Girl Scout cookie order form in our lounge. I am so temted to order just a few boxes. One tagalong is 70 calories. The problem is----who can stop at one.
Oh, by the way, she did puke afterwards.

Ward- I am not a good dancer, well not a dancer at all, but I am at that point in my life when I don't give a rat's a** what people think. I'd do it and laugh my way through it. Who would you send home? Someone with a sucky attitude and lazy to boot??
Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #83  

Life is good! I was down to 186.5 today. A new low! I was so excited I stood on the scale and shouted, "YES!" I am looking forward to seeing 185 soon. I agree with you all about who went home on BL this week. I was really disappointed. I am going strong with exercise this week. I think I am at about 45 minutes or so every day so far. My calories are in range every day. I even went to Applebee's for dinner last night, and I stuck with a salad. I have vowed to (again) stop sabotaging myself after a week of hard work. By the way, dancing is not for me. I apparently have no natural rhythm whatsoever, because I could not even keep up with as little as 3 steps in a row.

Mindy--I thought the same thing about the Girl Scout cookies. I am not ordering any, because if they are in the house they will get eaten secretly in the pantry. All by me of course.

Ward--I did get my cardio in, I am proud to say. I did 25 minutes of Walk away the Pounds, and 25 minutes of BL Power Sculpt. This 45-50 minute business is getting easier.

Susie--Fortunately, it was not "Joe the Plumber", (I heard he doesn't even have a plumbing license). My husband had rented an electric snake machine to snake our main line last week, but unfortunately it didn't work. So, it was time to call the pros! $266 later, we are able to flush our toilets! And, the workout definitely came before he arrived!

Nichola-- It is so hard to pass up cake at a party. Just count it in your plan for the day and you'll be just fine!

See you ladies tomorrow!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #84  

Hello,

Tonight will be my TOPS weigh-in. I can't tell you how badly I need to see those scales go down 3 weeks in a row. I've worked hard and I'm hoping for the best.

Kelly: I could hear you shouting "YES" all the way in Ohio! Doesn't it feel good to finally get under a number that you kept getting close to but couldn't get those scales to budge under it? You are so smart to get into the habit of not allowing one meal to undo all your hard work. I'm trying to get into that habit as well. I know in the past that the night of my weigh-in, after it, I would go eat what I wanted. Sort of like my "cheat night"...but I've been telling myself not to do it..because afterall....who am I cheating?

Mindy: Keep those scales holding steady and don't go over 200. I KNOW you can do it. BTW, I don't think there is a Girl Scout cookie I don't like!

Ward: Tell us more about your workouts. I know you do a spinning class and a body pump but how fast and far do you spin and what sort of weight are you pumping? I'm glad to see you are on plan. Keep it up.

I need to get to work. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #85  
mtiger

Wink

I am trying to keep my gain to minimum, but as we all know, I have no control over that. I was up some more today, 199. Still under 200, but that is 2.8 pounds in 3 days. I am praying it stops there and starts to go back donw now. Kelly and I did BL Bootcamp tonight. Level 1 is pretty easy, so did that and went on to level 2. OMG!!! Bob was trying to kill us. I lieterally couldn't open my eyes because sweat was burning them. Take that you 2.8 pound gain.!!!

Susie- GOOD LUCK!!! I am pulling for you. I know how hard you have been working and you certainly deserve a loss.

Kelly- What's on tap for tomorrow?? We have to kick some butt again.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #86  

TGIF ladies! It's been a long week for me; and the weekend is going to get just as busy. I need some down time! It's coming next week. I have 2 days off from work--it will kill me getting ready for that and to catch up when I come back but I'm looking forward to it. My DH and I are going to a concert next Thursday night and we are spending the night away from home so we took a couple of vacation days.

But that is next week. This week...my hard work paid off..I showed a 1.5 loss! I'm getting my mind set and geared toward keeping the losses going...I won't have a weigh-in next week but I still need to eat and exercise like I'm going to so that the next week I show a really good loss. I"m sure that I'll stay motivated if I keep doing what I'm doing..and that includes coming here to post.

Mindy: You are right..when it's cycle time you have no control..but you sure are showing your body who the boss is by those killer workouts that you and Kelly are getting in.

Ward, Kelly and Nichola: I hope you are all doing well and are on track. I'll check in tomorrow with everyone.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #87  
Maintainer Wannabe

Kelly, congratulations on the loss!

You too, Susie!

Mindy, we all know that TOM weight will fall right back off.

Nichola, I hope you are doing well with your plan and have started to incorporate the food journaling. It really helps.

I am down 0.8 from last week, a minor miracle considering the 3-day binge I went on. I was stuck for two weeks while following my plan to a T, then I lose when I go totally off plan. Oh well, I'll take it. Workout was good today, but I am behind on my total activity time so I think I might go do some Wii Fit before my daughter gets home. It's much easier to accomplish with only one kid in the house.

Speaking of my daughter - I am so proud of her. We got a letter from school yesterday informing us that she's being referred for testing into the gifted program. She only made the age cut-off by three days so she's the youngest first grader in the school (out of 13 classes). I don't know the details about the testing yet, but I hope she does well.

See you guys tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #88  
mtiger

Wink

Hey congrats to all of you. Each of you has lost weight this week. Not a good week for me, but hopefully that is about to change.

This is a quickie. Have a lot to do tonight. Keep up the good work ladies.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #89  

Hi everyone!

Down to another new low today, 186 even! I am so excited I can't see straight. My next mini goal is to not overeat this weekend and ruin all my hard work. Hopefully no eating out will occur, and if it does, I am sticking to a salad. It has been a while since I have seen the scales going down pretty consistently, and I like it! Now, I am only down 1 pound from last Friday, but I totally blew the weekend and had to start over, so I am happy with that 1 pound. Mindy and I did a new DVD tonight, Jillian's "Backside" workout. It was a strength/circuit training workout, and it felt good! It seemed a little easy for most of it, but I think it will be good with some heavier weights. Sweat was dripping off my face onto the floor, so I guess that has to count for something!

Mindy--I am so glad you are taking your mid-cycle gain with a smile. A year ago you would have been in tears. You have learned your body so well, and you know next week the weight will come back off. Just in time for the first weigh in that pays

Wardhog--Which "games" on the Wii Fit do you like to do? Congrats for your daughter! Doesn't that feel good?! Apparently your body needed some extra food, or maybe needed to be shocked. Either way, I guess a binge was helpful this time!

Susie--Congrats on the loss!!! You are doing so great! You are so committed this year! Don't stop! Have fun at the concert next week. Make sure you eat something before you go!

Nichola--Hope all is well.

See everyone tomorrow!

Last edited by Kelly530; 01-23-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #90  

Down to 185.5 today. YAY! I am just a half pound away from my 50 pound loss!!! Eating is on plan, and the weekend is half over! I am taking my rest day from exercise today, since my hamstrings and knees are killing me from Jillian's Backside workout yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by Kelly530; 01-24-2009 at 09:21 PM.