Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

MotoMichelle checked out the site looks like you guys had a fun filled day full of riding.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #32  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

hey chicks! sorry I haven't been on since Monday. Tuesday was my <gasp> 48th birthday, and I had off, and I thought it would be a good day, but I guess I was due for a not-too-great day (few days before TOM always hits me) and I just got sad at thinking about our recently deceased dog, and the gray cold weather, bleh. And one son didn't even say Happy Birthday to me that day (forgot) the other son didn't bother with a card, (whine whine whine!)

I guess I had the unrealistic expectations that along with med and the Happy Light (therapy light) I wouldn't have any more bad days.

But I do feel better in my head, except for maybe a small sinus infection or something that is affecting my ears, I have this constant either "large silence sound" (the only way I can describe it, not quite ringing) and sometimes amplification that presses in or out and hurts. guess its time to make a doctors appt.

we're going to look at a used car for me tomorrow, a '90 Honda Accord sedan, hope it's good.

Oh, the cheap new DVD/VCR? TRIED TO EAT ONE OF MY TAPES so that is going back!! glad I have the Cathe DVD's to do.

My eating has been Bad, bad , bad! I can just feel my waist and legs and arms (heck, everything!!) getting bigger. I did take a good healthy lunch to work yesterday but caved to a cookie in the afternoon.

Good to hear from MotoMichelle (soooo envious of your year-round riding! ) and glad scarahjs is feeling better. HI reda, Gina, Jill, Sass!

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-05-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Reda - It was very fun and nice to be with other female riders.

Holly - I hope you keep feeling better and I highly doubt everything is getting bigger.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #34  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Michelle - nifty ride pics - thanks for sharing!

Holly baby...hope yer not gittin sick with the plugged up ears thing. . A couple days late, as usual...

Give yourself credit for bring healthy food to work. Cookies happen.

Reda - bummer about all the snow already. Sounds like you are getting your workouts in tho.

scarahjs - hope the stomach virus has gone from the house by now. Kudos to you, too for getting your workouts in.

I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. for Friday!! I've done pretty well calorie wise this week...digging in my heels to get back to the 160's. Going for a run in the park in a few.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #35  

Hello everyone

Holly sorry your "birthday" day didn't go as well as it should of

Good luck with the car shopping tomorrow, hope it all works out for you
Did you get a new dvd/vcr yet?

Gina are you still teaching the was it a spin class? How is it going?

HI MotoMichelle, Scarahjs, Sass
Old 12-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I everyone, another biker chick here. My name is Mandy, I live in NE Florida, Navy Wife, mom to 3, trying to lose 50lbs and I ride a 04 V Star 650 named Willow. I have put about 2000 miles on Willow since I got her in Feb this past year. My hubby gave her to me as an Anniversary/Valentines day gift, on top of a trip to Disney and a Concert. It was only our 9yr, I told him he has to top all that for the 10 this Feb...LOL. Living in Florida, we ahve year round riding season but it has been chilly recently and I have gear for cold weather and I have a broken toe..lol its been about 3 weeks since i have ridden and I miss her.

Mandy
Old 12-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Hi Mandy! glad you found us Lucky you, year round riding, not so lucky with broken toe!

Hi everyone else I think I'm finally coming out of my blue funk. But my ears are still screwy.

We agreed to buy the used Honda, but the people asked if they could not conclude the deal until right after Christmas...so I have to cross my fingers that my car will be okay til then.

Yes, we exchanged the malfunctioning new VCR DVD player for a new one, and I just tried it out with a video tape and YAY it worked. I have been working out everyday except yesterday with the Cathe dvd's, I just need to get back to healthy sensible eating.

Have a good day everyone, I'm off to work soon, bleh!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #38  

Mandy, wish I had year round riding as well, but sure don't want that broken toe

Holly well Christmas is coming very quickly so hopefully yours will make until then. Exercising well I haven't been doing alot of it again but my eating has been pretty good for the most part, but for me to loose I know I need to do both and soon I only have 57 days till we leave for vacation and would like to be at least 10 pounds lighter by then.

Well have a great week!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 AM   #39  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks, and it is a cold one here!! it's maybe 1 degree or maybe 0. It does look more like christmas, with some fresh snow.

Yay Reda for your good eating lately! but you are absolutely right, gotta do both to lose, and I have definitely not been doing what I need to for the food part...But I had a cookie/sweet/starchy-free day yesterday, the first in a long while, so that's a start.

Husband tried to make repairs to my gas tank yesterday, hopefully whatever he did will work, we'll find out as soon as it's light out and we can check it. Gas was dribbling as I would try to fill the tank; not good!!

have a good day chicks
Old 12-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

wow holly, I dont think I could handle that type of cold but I bet it is beautiful. I have a goal to ride my own on a trip from Florida up through that area. not sure where I want to stop at just yet. I will probably have to weitgh a couple years until Hubby retires from the Navy, but then he will have a Gold wing. might be hard to ride my own knowing the comfort have wing is available...lol

Saturday me hubby and kids spent the day in st Augustine, we ate pretty horribly but we walked for HOURS AND HOURS and climbed up the stairs at the light house, 219 of them so I think it all evened out..lol I wore a shoe on my foot with the broken toe for the first time in almost 4 weeks, it was ok for a while but by the end of the night it was hurting pretty bad. I cant wait till this thing is healed

mandy
Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Hellloooooo ladiezz!

Mandy - Welcome aboard! We need pics of your Willow.

Holly - Good car vibes sent your way to make it through Christmas.

Reda - I'm the same way. I need both exercise and healthy eating to lose weight the most effectively. But the food is always the one to get me the most.

Hope you all are having a great Monday!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
hey chicks! sorry I haven't been on since Monday. Tuesday was my <gasp> 48th birthday, and I had off, and I thought it would be a good day, but I guess I was due for a not-too-great day (few days before TOM always hits me) and I just got sad at thinking about our recently deceased dog, and the gray cold weather, bleh. And one son didn't even say Happy Birthday to me that day (forgot) the other son didn't bother with a card, (whine whine whine!)

we're going to look at a used car for me tomorrow, a '90 Honda Accord sedan, hope it's good.

Oh, the cheap new DVD/VCR? TRIED TO EAT ONE OF MY TAPES so that is going back!! glad I have the Cathe DVD's to do.
Happy belated birthday!!! Good luck on the car and glad you got a new dvd/vcr that wouldn't eat your tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
I everyone, another biker chick here. My name is Mandy, I live in NE Florida, Navy Wife, mom to 3, trying to lose 50lbs and I ride a 04 V Star 650 named Willow. I have put about 2000 miles on Willow since I got her in Feb this past year.
Mandy
Welcome Mandy!!! That would be great to be able to ride all year round. Hope your toe feels better.

Quote:
Good morning chicks, and it is a cold one here!! it's maybe 1 degree or maybe 0. It does look more like christmas, with some fresh snow.
I couldn't imagine it being that cold. Its around 15-30ish around here in the morning and I think that is cold. I would be freezing my butt off!

Well I haven't really checked in since last week. It has been a crazy crazy week. My son and husband got sick on friday. My DH got better by friday night, but my DS has been sick alllllll weekend. Last evening his temp was up to 105 so I called his doc and said to take him to the ER. It turns out he has an infection in his tonsils(sp?). Needless to say he loved the ER, with the IV, Xrays, etc... So this morning he didn't want to take any medicine, but I called my MIL later today and she said she got him to take some, so that is great news. I haven't had time to workout since Friday morning, but I am hoping to tomorrow morning, as long as DS sleeps through the night. I hope he starts to feel better soon. It is so hard to see him being sick like this. Sorry to ramble on and on. Have a great evening everyone!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #43  
Biker Chick!

scarahjs, I'm so sorry your dh was sick and your poor son, hope he feels better soon!

Hi Mandy, wow that was alot of walking, even with a non-broken toe!

Hi to Reda, Gina, Michelle and Sass! The night isn't over yet, but so far I have had a second day of on track South Beach eating. And my workout this morning was Denise Austin, aerobics and weights, then ab work.

Do I complain alot?? ,maybe I do. But when people are jerks at work, I do unload on husband. Sometimes I try to make it amusing. Aren't spouses supposed to support each other? Today I found out that my boss called my car a POS. It is, but it's my POS and it's my business!!!

That really, really upset me. I should have 'considered the source' and not been upset, but I sure was. When I talked to dh on phone, I told him..and got no sympathy. What dh said to me on phone made sense, that 'you can't expect insane people to act sane'. But that wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted just to hear him say, 'what a jerk'. BUt he didn't.

So I got all teary and had to hang up, then had to wait on people with red eyes and red face and sniffles, boy that sux.

I know we don't always hear what we want to hear...but I think I always support him, even when I know he's wrong! (that's a line from a song I like) So I'm feeling pretty wronged from two people

So tell me to put on my big girl panties and deal with it
Old 12-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #44  

Well today we are getting rain, ice, and now snow--I am fine with that because I travel daily for my job it will probably be a snow day for me and I will work from home Shoot when we hit 20-30 degrees around here it feels like a heat wave seriously

Scarahjs sorry to hear about everyone being sick in the house, hope DS gets to feeling better soon

Mandy do post a pic of willow and boy did you ever do alot of steps and with a broken toe, I would have probably wimped out

Well my eating was good again today but another day of no real exercise, I think after standing on my feet all day that I just don't feel like exercising once I get home and I should really be doing that now instead of on here but wanted to check in

Have a great night
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Today I found out that my boss called my car a POS. It is, but it's my POS and it's my business!!!
That really, really upset me. I should have 'considered the source' and not been upset, but I sure was. When I talked to dh on phone, I told him..and got no sympathy. What dh said to me on phone made sense, that 'you can't expect insane people to act sane'. But that wasn't what I wanted to hear. I wanted just to hear him say, 'what a jerk'. BUt he didn't.
So I got all teary and had to hang up, then had to wait on people with red eyes and red face and sniffles, boy that sux.
I would be very upset if I found out someone called my car a pos even if i knew it was too. DH's can be a pain the @ss some days. They just don't understand what women go through in a day. Hopefully you have a better day today.

Thanks for all the get wells for my DS again. He is feeling al ittle bit better. It is still a strugle to get him medicine in him, but we are trying.
I didn't workout again today, and my eating hasn't been the best. But it's just been kinda stressful with a sick child and such. Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread