Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!!! Well DS is doing fine, since Wednesday he has not asked to go snowmobiling at all and we have gotten like a foot of snow between thursday night and this morning. I think it really scared him because ususally this amount of snow he is chomping at the bit to get out there and ride but it is really windy and very low visablility.

Gina so sorry you didn't get to make to Mexico this holiday season, we will be doing the same as you next week, tearing up carpet and redoing the hardwood floors that are underneath and painting walls, redoing trim and putting in new furniture all this in both living room and dining room. Trying to get done before New Years parrrrrty.

Holly I like you idea of the supper meal, you know that is more special than store bought stuff... I can't believe someone just drove right around you and didn't offer to help or nothing, I wouldn't have just thoughts, I would have probably had alot of choice words as well and probably outloud
Isn't a christmas bonus always nice, and with the economy the way it is just getting something from employers is always great!!! Of course just having a job is Great! We have one company that told there employees that there would be no profit sharing bonus checks or raises in January but that everyone would be able to stay employed. You know some of them b*tched and complained and I just looked at them and said you know you still have a job, look at other companies intown that laid off and now those are without jobs and at holiday time.....Some people are just so ungrateful

I did finally get all christmas shopping done, the older the kids get the less gifts under the tree, but still spend the same amount, interests change and stuff just cost more. Parents are always the hardest, but I try to be creative but running out of creativity
Well going to visit my mother here shortly so better get rolling, we have had super bad weather last couple of days so better check on her to see if she needs anything, talk to you later
Old 12-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #77  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reda355 View Post
... the older the kids get the less gifts under the tree, but still spend the same amount, interests change and stuff just cost more.
how true! and how nice of you to check on your mom, and so glad son is on his way to healing. Oh, and I did a hand gesture to those people, too bad they couldn't see it

Hi Gina, sorry to hear the tickets were too pricey. Hope you have a nice week off and gets lots done that you want

My husband has been super-good to me today, I just did NOT want to get out of bed, but he nicely made me. And agreed to me doing whatever I wanted to take it easy (like just bundle up on chair and read) but that I should read downstairs and not retreat upstairs to be alone. And insisted on me exercising, because he knows how much better I feel afterwards when I do. Well I just did a Cathe tape and it was a challenge, not only physically but with Eddie the Crazy Dog getting totally underfoot and in the way but I finished an hour with Cathe, and am glad I did.

I am always so glad to have you all to vent at it gives truth to 'hang in there, this will pass' and I inevitably feel better if not right away, then pretty soon. Thanks guys!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #78  
Biker Chick!

good morning, just finished Gilad's Hips/Legs/Buns, then 30 minutes of Cathe aerobics and then some Abs.

I'm having DH drive me to work, we're supposed to get another 5 - 10" today, and even more tomorrow!!!!!!! Nice for the tourist industry, a pain to deal with.

have a great day
Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #79  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Sending from CA...even if technically it's raining this morning.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #80  

Gina I would love to have some of your but I guess we do have to have some winter before summer....

I finally got Christmas cards done yesterday and had to wait at the post office for a half hour to get stamps, I wanted Christmas stamps not the regular every day stamps.

Holly it is good to hear that your DH helps push you along, especially when you get one of those off days. Oh an snow well sounds like you are getting more than us here, I could handle the snow but it is this 30-40 degree below zero with wind chill that is the worst

Well sent pictures to walmart so I can get frames and updated pictures sent off to my dad in Branson, MO. We only see him once a year so at Christmas time I always send new pics of the family.

Hope everyone's Sunday is going SUPER!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #81  
Biker Chick!

good evening! Well got home safely from work yesterday, even with all the snow. And it finally let off a bit during the night.

I weighed myself finally this morning, after dreading it. And I have gained alot. So I have been shocked into re-committing.

This morning for exercise I did a Cathe aerobics/strength DVD and an abs segment.

Reda, that was a long time to wait at the post office! but that's real nice of you to send pics to your dad.

have a good night!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #82  

Good Evening,

Holly I know you will re-commit and be right back on track in no time

I still need to do the same I was doing really good today had a ham n cheese lettuce wrap, cheese stick, broccoli so it was all going good then decided to do a little shopping lost track of time and wouldn't you know it was already 5:15 so DH texted and said bring pizza home and I did--
What was I thinking after I ate so good today then blew it with pizza

So again back on track tomorrow, I only have 42 days till vacation and to try and lose at least 10 pounds ????? I have to start exercising as well Why can't it be like it use to be? I never had to worry about weight ever until I had children I mean really I would eat like chicken sandwich, hot ham n cheese, large fries and a soda for lunch every day then sometimes same combo for supper and couldn't gain an ounce --- and now I eat one of those sandwiches and I gain 5 pounds

OK enough whining from me for the night I should really go get some cheese with all of this whining.....

Have a great night
Old 12-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #83  
Biker Chick!

good morning! I have off and a ton of things to do. But the sun is shining and that always helps me, even though we have tons of snow and it's like 0 outside :shock

Reda, I will be your 'lose 10 pounds in 42 (or 41) days' partner! If it means I have to weigh myself every day (gah!!) I will. I am one day 'clean' (no sugar or bad carbs). Haven't exercised yet but I will today. I just got back from the store and bought yogurt, eggbeaters, lowfat mayo, tuna and veggies. If I have those around, I have no excuse on 'nothing for me to eat'. I just have to PLAN ahead and prepare.

Oh! this is funny. My boss totally denies that he bailed on us at work last year, on New Year's Day ( I'm sure I vented to you all about it). Last year, New Years Day was a Tuesday, and he usually takes Tuesdays off, and he took off that day, even though NewYearsDay is KILLER busy for us at the store. Swears that 'he would never do that'. Well that's BS and I don't really care if he denies it, I know he did it, and that was the beginning of no respect for him.

Okay I'd better get crackin on stuff. Have a great day!!! I might pop back later, when I'm really trying to re-commit I come here and read all the forums.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #84  
Biker Chick!

okay, I did alot of errands in our normally sleepy little town that has suddenly gotten tons of traffic, and anything in the stores takes 5X's as long! But I delivered cookies to people, did errands, then came home and worked out for almost 1 1/2 hours

First did a Cathe DVD, which is usually an hour long but it did a little skip at the end by itself so it ended about 12 minutes early...so I did Gilad's Hips/Thighs/Buns, and then an abs workout (maybe 10 minutes)

Breakfast was an omelet thing made with onion, broccoli, red pepper, shredded cabbage and eggbeaters, and there were 4 'little weiners' in it, leftover from husband's breakfast. Lunch tunafish, dinner baked chicken (a thigh and a drumstick) and coleslaw; then a cup of yogurt. And I am packing up dozens and dozens of cookies for people, it's good to feel some self-restraint!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #85  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

U da bomb, Cupcake!

Reda - my dh made a pecan pie and I've had 3 pieces..so I get how easy it is to just go along with them. I prefer to blame dh....it negates me from any responsibility for myself.

I had a thoroughly uneventful day. Did next to nothing. Except go to the sprint store to try to get a replacement battery for my cell phone. Mission not accomplished. Time to try online. i'm liking this do nothing thing. I'm sure the kitchen will paint itself eventually.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #86  

Oh responsibility well that is all mine, I could have easily said no I will be home in about an hour and will cook something instead I said ok I will bring pizza home
Well today has been a great day, besides the fact that I didn't get breakfast, wasn't hungry and was busy so forgot about it. Anyways for lunch I had ham, cheese, and lettuce wrap. Snack I had broccoli, supper I had chicken fajitas. I have done really good today and so far on plan totally. I still haven't exercised per say, I have done alot of walking while shopping so that should account for something

Holly nice job staying OP today as well and getting in your exericse

Well tomorrow I do have some wrapping to take care of and then I have to make chili cheese dip, little smokies for our what we call open house just for a evening of friends and family stopping for snack and drink. Some stay for hours and some only stop for a bit. It is fun though to get everyone together

Hope everyone day goes good tomorrow

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 12-23-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:49 AM   #87  
Biker Chick!

Good morning! I managed to get up a little earlier, have some extra things to do on the way to work (deiver cookies, bank, maybe one more store stop)

Gina, mmm pecan pie. Does your dh cook alot? Mine cooks but by own admission doesn't bake that well, LOL

Reda, you open house sounds fun, wish we coudl drop by!

Hard to believe it's Christmas Eve! well at least for me. We really did not do alot of gift buying, I know that's not what it's all about. Keeping our bills down is what I'M all about

I have shorter work hours today, wonder of wonders. 11:00 to 3:30 (or so boss says). I just know if there's a lot of people around, he'll want to stay open later. That fine, as long as I go home as promised and he stays! :wink:

have a great morning chicks! I'll probably stop by again later.

these are all very cute btw
Old 12-27-2008, 07:09 AM   #88  
Biker Chick!

good morning! Why is there still a tree in our living room?! lol, I am always anxious to ditch the tree AND all the holiday treats right after Christmas Day.

We get to pick up the new-to-me Honda Accord this afternoon, yay! No more holey-muffler car roaring at me.

I didn't exercise on Christmas day (kudos to anyone who did!) but did yesterday. Didn't do so well staying away from treats last night.

Oh. My. Gosh. My rotten winter boss gave me a pretty okay cash bonus. And wrote "thank you for making my life easier in the deli." Who are you and what have you done to my boss It'll go right towards paying for the car.

okay, need to get the recycling and garbage together and get it to top of driveway, the guy comes pretty early. And there's alot after this holiday week.

have a good one!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #89  

Hello everyone made it through the holidays

I did get the tree down already it just takes up so much room. It is time to get back to reality

Holly great news on getting your car and the cash bonus that always comes in handy this time of year especially since you had to buy a new car.

Christmas was good I did get a Wii Fit and spent an hour and a half on it yesterday, it does give you quite the little workout, even had a little sweat build up I believe someone was saying that there is a Jillians Micheals workout for the Wii, so I am going to see if I can find it today and buy it. That way I can switch off with a few different things and I won't get as bored that way!!

Well my eating not so good today already I had McDonalds I don't know what I am thinking but it was just convient today

Ok talk to you later have a great weekend
Old 12-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #90  

Well just thought I would check in and say HI!!!

My eating has been good the last couple of days, and I finally got some real exercise in today besides the wii fit games. I started 30 day Shred today and it kicked my butt. I also did do the step aerobics on the wii for 20 minutes so all is good so far today

So what does everyone have planned for New Years Eve if anything?
Closed Thread