Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #121  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Afternoon My Friends..........

We only got 5 inches of snow at my house. Other parts of the state got anywhere from 6-15 inches. So very lucky. Poor Ohio got his hard. Rennie you got his pretty hard.

I went to a breast cancer awareness brunch this morning at the Marriott North Indy. The speaker was Robin Roberts of Good Morning America. She is so inspirational and awesome. I truly admire her. She is so genuine. I got to shake her hand and a hug. It is amazing how a hug can make your day so much better. My momma is a breast cancer suvivor. She is 16 years out and doing fine with that. I think I may get Robin Robert's book that came out last spring.

I feel so blessed in my life and to have you all as support means so much to me. Yes I am freakishly emotional today. One woman in the audience said she was a nurse at Community Hospital in Anderson Indiana, and was dubbed the "singing nurse" Robin Roberts asked her to sing something, so she sang How Great Thou Art. It was so beautiful, and such a lovely voice. Everyone in the place was teary eyed.

Samantha, my DD has her surgery on Monday, please include her in your prayers. She is about to lose another 1/3 of her cervix, leaving one third.

Hello to everyone.

Love and Hugs
Old 03-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #122  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

annie
So far at least 20 inches lol. I broke a piece on the snow blower that holds the cord inside after the first 16 inches. Have had to shovel the other inches by hand. Wouldn't be so bad if my drive wasn't at least 200 feet long and parts of it as wide a a three car garage lol. AND IT IS STILL SNOWING LOL. Going to be to dark soon to shovel snow. Glad you are feeling well and doing well today. Why don't they just take all the cervix out?

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-08-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #123  

Height: 5'5"

Good evening/morning ladies!!! So we are almost done with the floor. Had to drop the kiddies off at grandma's this afternoon, they were getting antsy. only a small portion of the floor needs to get done, yay. Also Dh and I decided to pull out the floor molding and get new ones, so I will have some staining in my future. (they had 3 different kinds on the walls) MAy not post again until Monday.

Very cold here, had some snow, but very little accumulation. Hope it stays that way...hoping for a warm up soon.

Annie~will be praying for your DD. hope things turn out ok for her this time.

Later chicas!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #124  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Today (this Sunday) is my least favorite day - turning the clocks ahead and losing an hour of an already time crunched weekend. On the other hand, my favorite day is 6 months away -when we gain an extra hour and have a 25 hour day.

We got 5 inches of the fluffy stuff today. I took pictures with my cell phone but for some reason it didn't want to transmit the pictures. It was a winterwonderland last night (well except on the roads where there were over 70 accidents from the bimbos and bozos who have no concept of SLOW DOWN when the weather gets a bit fiesty). The sun came out in full force today and by the afternoon it mostly had all melted. What didn't get done today will be gone by tomorrow.

We did our cat petting today. Poor kitties. Many of them stuck their paws out of the cage and tried to reach out to us as if to say "me, me - don't forget about me". DH and I got to darn near all of them. Some of them did not want to be held and cuddled but they sure enjoyed a head scratching and one of my special "kitty massages".

We were not able to pick out our door today. Apparently the door man's wife was in an accident with a truck this morning. She is banged up but not seriously injured thank goodness. DH took a look at the work order and thought it looked like it was around $5,000. That is substantially more than we were told at first, particularly since this is a fiberglass and not a wood door. We will head back to the store tomorrow to pick out something less expensive.

Caught up on the goings on with the family via my mom and sister tonight. My niece is having surgery like your DD Annie. Prayers and good wishes for both of them.

Rennie - I don't envy you all that snow. Just be careful walking, driving, shovelling.

Annie - the best mentor/manager I ever had in my life hailed from Anderson, Indiana. If only we could get him to talk faster, he said he was slow and thoughtful ... Those emotional days are good for the soul, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Shad, I think it's quite amazing that your orchids are blooming again. We were led to believe they were delicate flowers but I'm starting to think otherwise.

Mel, I'm glad you got to talk to Miss Linda. How cool that must have been. Did they have the book available in larger print?

Well it's 1am - and since I will lose an hour of sleep I really should scoot off to bed now. DH wants to start taking daily walks. I have some laundry and all the meal planning and grocery shopping to do as well as some house cleaning tasks. And if I have a few hours I could tackle some extra work I brought home from the office. Life is too busy, slow the merry-go-round down, will you?

Might not get back here tomorrow. to the Worldly Chicks.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #125  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - keep forgetting to tell you that it was nice of you to post your picture from newspaper a while back. It was a bit washed out but we have at least verified that you indeed belong to our little club of short, but mighty women
Old 03-09-2008, 03:35 AM   #126  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Happy
I took it easy on the shoveling. I don't walk in the stuff if I don't have to and I am not a nut. I do not go out in bad weather unless it is really necessary. Thanks
Old 03-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #127  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE~ GREAT STORY ABOUT MOM SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO YOUR DAUGHTER.
I AM GLAD YOU GOT TO MEET ROBIN. THEY SAY SHE IS A WONDERFUL PERSON. HUGS LIKE THAT ARE PRICELESS. HANG IN THERE

ELLEN~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE FLOOR MOLDING AND THINK OF ALL THAT EXERCISE!

RENNIE~ SO NOW YOU'RE HOARDING ALL THE SNOW AND THE LITTLE PEEPS??? Hmmmmmm... SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!! AND TALK ABOUT SHOVELING EXERCISE!

HAPPY~ NO THERE IS NO LARGE PRINT. I THINK SHE RUNS A VERY SMALL ONE WOMAN COTTAGE INDUSTRY. DOES THE POSTING OF THE BOOKS HERSELF. I WAS IMPRESSED WITH HER JUST FOR THE FEW MOMENTS WHILE SHE FILLED THE ORDER. DON'T WORK TOO HARD. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DOOR PRICE
AND I HOPE YOU BOTH FIOND ONE YOU LIKE!!

CEEJAY~ I HOPE YOU DID NOT GET SNOWED IN!
I DID SAY THANKS FOR SHARING THE PICTURE LAST MONTH...RIGHT?? LITTLE CUTIE IN THE CENTER!!

LAST NIGHTS WINDS NEAR TORE THE SCREENS OFF THE WINDOWS AGAIN. THE SPEED OF THE WINDS THESE LAST 2 YEARS HAS REALLY CHANGED. LIKE HURRICANE ALLEY HERE. THE FOG YESTERDAY ROLLED IN LIKE WE WERE ON THE COAST OF THE BRITISH ISLES. ALL I COULD THINK OF WAS THE POOR DRIVERS OUT THERE. IT WAS LIKE ONE OF THOSE OLD SHERLOCK HOLMES MOVIES. LOVELY SUN TODAY AND WATCHING THE NEWS THIS MORNING MADE ME THINK I BETTER STOP WISHING FOR SNOW....SOME PLACE HAD OVER 200 ACCIDENTS! NOT A LOT TO DO TODAY. JUST THE ACCOUNTANTS AND THE REST OF THE DAY IS MINE.
MAYBE WRITE OUT THE BILLS AND GET MORE LAUNDRY READY FOR TOMORROW. CHANGE THE SHEETS TOO. I FORGOT YESTERDAY. FUNNY HOW WE KEEP SOME OLD PATTERNS. MY GRAM CHANGED THE SHEETS EVERY SATURDAY MORNING. WE ALWAYS TOOK OUR "SATURDAY NIGHT BATH", WENT TO BED ON CLEAN SHEETS AND GOT UP FOR CHURCH THE NEXT MORNING.
AHHHHH....THE GOOD OLDE DAYS!

HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 03-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #128  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RECIPE #43.

Brown ham steak in skillet.
Stir hot pepper jelly, diced pineapple and cilantro until blended.
Spoon on top of ham.
Serve with steamed green beans

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-09-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #129  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oy! If you want snow, come up here. We got over 20" plus massive drifting. The Ontario cops were dealing with one accident every minute yesterday. This morning I couldn't get two doors open because of drifts - outside, sillies! I shovelled out the deck door before bed last night so Hersh was able to get out for potty but she had a problem going down the steps to the yard as they were under a massive drift. She sort of swam through. What a good dog!

In a few minutes, I am going to put on the knee brace and do a bit of clearing of the side and back doors. The lane has been done with the big machine but the walks and steps need to be done. I'll take it easy and do it in stages. Right now there is a pile of snow beside the barn that is up to the second storey. It's going to be some melt eventually.

Hershey and I spent a very lazy Saturday. I must confess that I stayed in my robe all day. I read, made some baked beans, dabbled at TV and watched the storm reports. Today I have to get in gear a bit more and may even do a short session on the treadmill if the knee cooperates.

Stay safe, warm and dry. It ain't over yet, Chickies!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Good morning chicks.

Happy
I always get these spring forwards and fall backs confused. Hopefully this snow will get rid of some of he germs in the air.

Ruth
Take it easy doing outside stuff today.

Mel
No didn't get snowed in. We got around 4 inches of snow. Most of it left yesterday. Streets were clear by 10.30 a.m. My neighbors made a small snowman. The mother was having a snowball fight with her 2 year old little boy. He's got a preety good arm. He was hitting back. They were enjoying the snow.

Hello to he rest. I'm at work so I'd better get busy.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #131  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Wakey, wakey - it's later than you think! At least now it will be lighter in the evening - don't have to worry about getting stuck in the dark at work if I have to stay late.

It's a bright sunny day, will warm up by the afternoon - all the snow should be gone. Wish I could say the same for you northern folks - guess you have to find a way to enjoy it.

Lot's to do today so I'd better get busy. Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #132  

March

July

We are all dug out. Enjoying a beautiful wintry Sunday. Very happy not to going to work in this.

HUGS!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #133  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not completely dug out yet but Rob and John are working on it. They are such sweeties and told me to just stay inside while they do it. I'm whipping up some muffins right now so we can have tea and treats afterwards.

There is sure one heck of a lot of snow here. Hollyhock, I need to dig out my camera - I think I just MAY have more snow than you do. The pile beside the barn is up to the loft window and I can't see out to the meadow. I sure hope it melts slowly when it finally happens.

This is starting to feel like an afternoon nap sort of day once the lads leave.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #134  

Ruth- we had rain last Monday that melted all the previous snow. We got about 18 in all together. We missed the snow Friday night too. HUGS!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #135  

Hello Ladies,

So much as been going on this last two weeks... We'll my brother found a lump (tumor) in his neck and that needed to be taken out. It was taken out this past thursday in Houston. He lives in Austin... My mother and I went to Houston to be with him and his family during the surgery and for some of his recovery. It's really hard to be on track when your staying in a hotel. And of course, I'm a stress eater. The surgery went fine and now we're just praying for good results.... (Prayers needed here)..

Needless to say, this last two weeks I have eaten really bad and haven't exercised... Tomorrow getting back on track though.

Hope everyone is doing ok and I will post more later...

OH.... A big hello to my old friend MichelleZ...I'm so glad your back....
Closed Thread