Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #211  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH~ THANKS FOR CHANGING CEEJAY'S FONT!! I THOUGHT I WAS GOING BLIND LAST WEEK!

CEEJAY~ HOPE THE BOSS TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS. WE WILL ALL BE HAPPIER IN THE SPRING! SO HANG I THERE!!!

HAPPY~ I LOVE ALL THESE FOODS!! WHY CAN'T I LOVE THE ONES THAT ARE GOOD FOR ME?? TURKEY KIELBASA JUST DOESN'T CUT IT!!! I WISH MY HAIR WAS THICK AND LUXURIOUS TOO. MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL GET SISTER WIGS!!! CAN'T WAIT TILL MONDAY. NO CAFFEINE IN THE HOUSE...I AM READY.

NAE~ GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE BOYS. TOO BAD IT TAKES SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO MOVE THEM. GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS! HOPE THE DS GETS THE NEEDED $$$$. KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED. ENJOY THE BIRDIES!

ELLEN~ HOPE YOU GET TO THE GYM...I AM WATCHING YOUR LITTLE XXXXX'S!!!! HOW DID THE DD'S PIERCING GO??? OUCH!!!!

CAME BACK TO CHECK ON CEEJAY. WONDER HOW PAINTER IS DOING IN THIS STRANGE WEATHER.
STAY SAFE MY SOUTHERN FRIENDS

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-15-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #212  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, not much weather here. A few showers but nice and warm. If what you lot are getting is a typical spring, then you can keep it. I'll stick with the two seasons we get here - hot and wet and muggy or warm and dry and sunny.

I've been to the gym this morning, did a full body weights work out and I can feel it in the arms and butt. I've really pushed the exercise over the past two days and I can certainly say there are bits of me not up to snuff.
I've been sitting here eating my breakfast and reading the posts and now I guess it is time to move things along. I have to go source my oven and cooktop today or tomorrow. I may as well start today. I think I know what I want, just a matter of price now. The cooktop will be one of the induction models since we don't have gas. I could get it put in I suppose but the savings will be a long time coming. I do like gas for cooking tho' so quick!!!

Happy - so kind of you to take the time to help Mel out. But then you are that type of person who gives their all and goes out of their way to help friends and family. You will reap the rewards I am sure. Maybe it will just be to keep you out of the cola bin - but the rewards will come. Good going on the walks with the DH. Keep up the sweat.
Stormy weather - now you will have me singing along for the rest of the day. Thanks. Happy playing at the Cat Sanctuary. May they all get homes soon and be loved.

Mel - thanks for the explanations on the pierogis and kielbasa. Think I might stay well away from those. I haven't seen Kielbasa here - at least not under that name - but I have seen things very similar to the pierogis. My life is complete without them.
Shame I don't have to come over and beat you about the ears!!!! I could just do it anyway!!!

Ellen - sounds like fun taking Mum to the mall. I used to lose mine in there. She wasn't very tall and shrunk as she got older and because she was nuts, she found all sorts of interesting places to hide. I won't mention the tantrums she threw because we found her!!

Nae - congratulations on the new baby grand nephew. Hope the DS learns from his misdemeanours and that the truce lasts between the boys. My two speak to each other regularly - more regularly than I keep in touch I think.

Ruth - how is the knee??? Did you see the Doc or talk to him/her at least?? No - why not??? We want you back and joining in the challenges doncha know?

Ceejay - well done on working out the stress.

Gotta go. Don't know whether to hang out the washing or not. Yes I am a washing hanger outer. I love the fresh clean smell of clothes that are not shrunk to half the original size or smelling of Fluffy or Softly or some artificial stuff. It's looking a little dismal out there, but I'll cogitate over that conundrum in the shower. Then off to shop till I drop or something (more like - I'll have that, that and that and then come straight home.) See ya
Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #213  
Happy September

I'll stick with the two seasons we get here - hot and wet and muggy or warm and dry and sunny. ~~ AND JUST WHAT KIND OF "SEASONS" ARE THEY??? I WILL TAKE YOURS ALSO!! HAVE YOU DECIDED ON AN APPLIANCE COLOR? HAPPY SHOPPING!
I LOVE GAST RANGES ALSO...GET ONE AND I WILL COME AND STAY!! THE GRANDSON COULD USE SOME NEW FRIENDS. NOT SURE ABOUT SUNDAY THOUGH
TO TELL TRUTH...I COULD PROBABLY DO WITH A GOOD FLAP ABOUT THE EARS I AM A WELL SEASONED WASHER HANGER OUTER. I MISS THE FRESH SMELL. IT USED TO GIVE ME GOOSE BUMPS JUST TO GET INTO BED AND SMELL CLEAN SHEETS. ALL THOSE SMELLS REMIND ME OF MY GRAM. SHE USED THE OLD WRINGER WASHER AND HUNG EVERYTHING OUT TO DRY.
WELL LITTLE SIS I MUST FINISH THIS AND GET MY OWN DAY STARTED WHILST YOU DREAM AWAY

THIS PLACE IS LIKE A SILENT MOVIE. THE ONLY NOISE IS THE CLACKING OF THESE KEYS! LOVING THE DARKER WEATHER AND RAINY SKIES. EVERYONE, INCLUDING MY OWN LITTLE BROOD, ARE QUIET AND SLEEPING IN.
WE WATCHED OLD EASTER CARTOONS AND ATE ITALIAN FOOD. I DID NOT HAVE MUCH AT ALL. I FIND THAT NOW I AM BEGINNING TO FEEL I DON'T "NEED" CERTAIN THINGS. THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH DRAMA GOES ON...THE SUN STILL SETS AT NIGHT AND RISES IN THE MORNING. WITH LESS CAFFEINE AND NO ARTIFICIAL SUGAR, THE ANXIETY LEVEL IS LESSENING. I WAKE UP NOW WITHOUT THE "DREAD" OF A NEW MORNING BEGINNING. FUNNY HOW JUST ONE DAY IN YOUR LIFE CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING AND NOW 3 YEARS LATER IT'S ALL ENDING. I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE GOING BACK TO THE MORE LAID BACK, OLD MELLIE MEL
LIFE IS GOOD AFTER ALL.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #214  
Happy September

RECIPE #49.
Coat small boneless, skinless chicken breasts with flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until done. Meanwhile, stir together whole-berry cranberry sauce, mandarin orange segments and chopped pickled jalapeno peppers. Spoon over cooked chicken; serve with heated refrigerated mashed sweet potatoes.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #215  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Thanks for sending the sunshine Ceejay - it finally got here, tho it is a bit overcast. Tomorrow is supposed to be out and out gorgeous. Figures, it's a work day and we'll be huddled inside.

Spring is in full bloom here. The Bradford Pear trees just popped. Gorgeous white trees all over. The yellow forsynthia is in bloom too and the purple tulip trees popped their blooms too. Spring in the south is a riot of Easter colors - yellows, pinks, purples and whites.

Mel - I don't know why we love those foods that are less than good for you. Even as we change our eating habits and our tastes, we still go after the stuff we shouldn't and then later on chastise ourselves for eating it. It never tastes as good as we thought it would and it makes us feel icky afterwards. Still we eat it. I am starting to make myself a list of things that made me feel really bad after I ate them, just so I can remember the next time I'm tempted.

I love the smell of fresh air dried laundry but DH has NEVER allowed a clothes line at our houses. Perhaps he was traumatized by ropes in the yard or something. Best I can do is to put the pillows and blankets out on the patio furniture in the yard to freshen it up. Still gets a good smell to it

Shad, I miss having the gas stove also. Most everything down here is electric, including the clothes dryer. Electric has always been more expensive to run too. The thing I miss most about the gas cooktop is the ability to set to a low simmer. I just can't seem to get that properly with the electric stove.

We did wind up going to the Humane Society yesterday afternoon. The cat cages needed cleaning and so I spent half the time scooping and sweeping and straightening out. Darn cats. With several of them I cleaned their pans, they came over to take a sniff and immediately made a new deposit. Thanks guys! I tried to visit all the kitties yesterday. Besides the cat condos and pens, there are 3 rooms that have bunches of cats in them. Although there are windows in the room for them to look out at the world, I guess they get bored because when we walked into the rooms, all the cats immediately ran to us like we were made of fish. At one point DH was crouching down and said hey guys, I don't have enough hands to give you all a bit of attention. I know I can't take any more cats home, but I do feel sorry for the poor guys. As I told DH, at least we can give them a bit of loving once a week.

I woke up this morning with a start. Work is insanely busy and there is way more to do than I have time to do it. Regrettably I will have to spend part of my day today working. I woke up this morning dreaming about everything I am behind in! And the day is almost half over already. Time to flip the first load of clothes and go find some nutrious breakfast/lunch thing.

Hope you all have a good Sunday
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth
Thanks for the font change. I'm hoping it lasts. I thought it was the new laptop. Now I can see the post without squinting. How is your knee?

Mel
Thanks for caring. It was stressful last week at work but hopefully part of that will change tomorrow.

Happy
I need to be doing some kind of community service. I may call local animal shelter.

Shad
I've decided that I'm going back to the gym, but I'll have to go after work. Sometimes I wish I had a punching bag.

Hello to all the rest. Now that I'm home I need to plan for tomorrow.

My uncle had back surgery Friday. He went to church this morning and out to eat but he went to bed soon after we got home. You could tell he was tired. He had some fever yesterday when I got there but none this morning. The surgeon just made a two in cut. He siaid it was just sore but there was no pain. He was ready for it.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #217  

Morning all,

Seems most people are sleeping in and why not since it is Sunday and apart from Ceejay and Happy you all seem to be having atrocious weather. It's cool and overcast here at the moment. Cool is relative compared to say Carla's cool. Most people here rush out and buy winter woollies when the temp drops below 19C (70F).
The cat is sneaking around the computer room. I think she has figured that I am going out and she was too visible where she was so she will hide somewhere until I am gone. Another sign the seasons are changing - she is constantly hungry. One packet of food and a handful of biscuits just doesn't cut it any more. It's not as if she is putting on any weight either. This cat should be Jen's cat. We all whoop and holler if she puts on a pound.

Mel - we only have two seasons - hot and hotter. If you come over, come in the winter (our winter) because it is warm (day time average 22 or 74, dropping to ten or 11 at night or 50 overnight) and sunny and dry for most of the season - at least until global warming catches up with us again. We are threatened with rain right through until July which is unheard of previously.

Didn't go get my oven yesterday so that is task number one on the list for the day. In fact I will go when I finish here. I did some research on the net last night but all the features I wanted didn't feature in one single oven so I will have to go check out the features I think I need most. I want self cleaning and automatic features most followed by easy moveable racks. I could put gas into the house and have a gas cooktop, but somewhere between 400 and 600 $ for installation of gas pipework just for the cooktop and the price of the cooktop is no different from the induction ceramics so the savings would be few and far between. Apparently the induction ceramics are quite good at simmer point. We will see. Certainly I can't get the flat elements to simmer. But maybe it is the cooktop I currently have.

Ceejay - you Uncle is doing very well to have had surgery, be home and up and at 'em already. Well done him.
I think a punch bag should be mandatory in all office buildings and basements. There is plenty of folk I can think of who would line up to relieve the stress and frustration.

Speaking of stress and frustration - where is Carla???? Come on out. Stop skulking around that bottle of wine and get back here and let the frustration hang. Crikey - if you can't whinge here, where can you whinge. Do you need me to ring you and make you get on the bike??? I find the end of summer here so frustrating. The last of humidity and bugs and flies really begins to grate, the fact that I can go out and mow the grass and it grows back the very next day, etc.etc.etc. I would guess that you people feel exactly the same come the end of winter when you just want to get out of hibernation and get on with life.

Okay - having said that. I'd better start running before Carla comes after me with a taiaha (if she has one of course) and beats the living s*** out of me.
Gone shopping................. but I'll be back
Old 03-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #218  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
I'd better start running before Carla comes after me with a taiaha (if she has one of course) and beats the living s*** out of me.
Gone shopping................. but I'll be back

I wanna watch. Not the beating of course. Just the running around and chasing each other
Old 03-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #219  

First we gotta find that Carla!!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #220  
Choose your hard

Didn't Carla say something about snowdrifts up to her balcony?

Do we have to hang a keg on the St. Bernards and send them up her way?

But then again, maybe they will get distracted and play with Hershey.

Good talking to you tonight Shad. Thanks for the check in (And she did ask me if I had taken my walk for the day so watch out ladies - this one has earned her hat - )

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-16-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #221  

And I am hanging on to it. March, march, march, march - insert music here from the pen of de Sousa -

Hup two three four, hup two three four.

Last edited by Shad; 03-16-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old 03-16-2008, 10:29 PM   #222  

All right already! Sheesh. A person can't take a break without being harried, harangued, and harassed. Then again, it does seem to work, so....

Contrary to what the evil Shad would have everyone think, I have not been awash in wine. Perhaps a little too much coffee cake at a coffee morning yesterday, but no close encounters with the demon rum. In fact, the last three weeks on WW have been quite successful, down 6 lbs and almost back to where I was last August. A shame I wasted the months since then gaining instead of losing or at least maintaining, but as long as I stick with it this time I'll get there some day. And despite missing spinning last Monday, I was there on Friday for the 90-min class.

The city is finally removing some of the snow clogging our streets. They would normally just leave snowbanks on the side streets, but it got so bad there was no room left for emergency vehicles to get through. I have no idea where they're piling the stuff up, but I do know I'll be paying lots extra for it in next year's municipal taxes (rates)!

Yesterday I had a chance to visit a friend who was looking after someone's two little Maine Coon kittens. Soooo cute - it was love at first cuddle! It's a good thing I have my two ungrateful wretches already or there'd have been a kitty abduction for sure. Happy, I'm impressed that you go to the shelter to volunteer with the cats. It's so tough to see them all waiting for a home. I get depressed about it just going to the pet store for food! So kudos to you. One good thing here is that the pet stores only carry cats from the shelter, not from breeders, so they get a better chance of finding a home. And most of the local vets accept the no-profit spay/neuter vouchers that come prepaid in the fee for the shelter kittens, although I had to pay an extra fee for the good stuff like IV rehydration and so on. All the adult cats are fixed before they can be adopted.

Madcat, what a scary end to your trip! Ouch!!! I guess it was just as well the flight was delayed, or he might have been in trouble up in the air! Good that you're both home safe and sound.

Mel and Happy, I think we have lift-off tomorrow, right? I keep reminding myself that the book says you don't have to start all over if you miss a day, which I'm afraid will probably be a good thing. Rather scary to think that I'm only 100 days from perfection!!

Shy, no time to chat right now - too busy chowing down on apples and planning my next peeps raid.

Ruth, I hope the knee is okay, and that you're not back in hospital with it! Or trying todig yourself out of a snowbank somewhere.

Ceejay, good that things are improving at work. Sounds like some days you get to be the human punching bag yourself! I hope your uncle continues to recover quickly from his surgery.

Annie, you seem to have such a healthy attitude to life's problems, and considerable presence of mind. A good thing, with some of the fun things our bodies do to us sometimes!

to those I've missed, like Shaker, Michelle, Rose, Painter, Holly...
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #223  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

PEEPS PEEPS have to love them Oh it is good to be back home. I have one more load of laundry to finish and I am done for the night. That is all I have done all weekend is cook and clean and run. She can't do it for her selfs so I go every couple of weeks and do it for her. At least the kids didn't destroy the house while I was gone.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 PM   #224  

It works, it works.

I'll have to see if it works with the other recalcitrants. However all this mind reading and transpacific thought transference has given me a large headache. I need to go lie down for an hour or so. Now where did I put the #$%^&^ panadol?

Shopping aim achieved. I have a new self cleaning, automatic, fan forced oven and ceramic cooktop with soft touch controls. They should be delivered on Wednesday.

Last edited by Shad; 03-16-2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Just because I can
Old 03-17-2008, 12:58 AM   #225  

Well Shad if you didn't spend so much time using the old routines on people just minding their own beeswax, quietly trying to practice their meditation, you wouldn't give yourself these headaches! Hope it goes away soon!
Congrats on finding a stove/cooktop that fill the bill!
And now to bed.
Closed Thread