Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #256  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MADCAT~ I CAN SURELY "HEAR" YOUR UNSPOKEN THOUGHTS AND WORDS. SENDING HEALING PRAYERS AS WELL AS KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED AND SOME FOR YOU AS WELL. IT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO SHOWER AFTER THE HOSPITAL. MY DOCTORS DO AND RECOMMEND I CLEAN UP AS WELL. THEY GIVE ME LITTLE LECTURES ON THESE SUPER VIRUSES. YES I AM MUCH BETTER THANK YOU. DO THOSE FUNNY LOOKING WORDS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH CHICKEN?

SHAD~ I THOUGH OF BORIS ALSO BUT YOU, MY FRIEND, HAVE SOME WONDERFUL NAMES IN THOSE POSTS!!
I CAN SEE THE EFFECT THIS JOB IS HAVING ON YOU!! CAN'T GET YOU OUT OF THERE SOON ENOUGH! YES THE PONCHO HAS BEEN WELL WORN ALREADY. I CALL IT COMFORT CLOTHING. IT'S WARM AND FEELS GOOD IN ALL IT'S FUZZINESS. KIND OF LIKE HAVING AN OLD BLANKIE LIKE LITTLE KIDS HAVE GOOD CHOICE

CEEJAY~ CONGRATULATIONS WOMAN!!!
WELL DONE ON THE 2 LBS WHETHER THEY ARE OLD OR NEW!! A LOSS IS A LOSS!! HOPE YOU GOT REST AFTER THE BUSY DAY!

HAPPY~ I COULD USE A CHANGE OF NAME ALSO...WE COULD BE INCOGNITO THEN THE AMAZING RACE...WHY IS THAT WOMAN IMPROPERLY DRESSED??? IS SHE NUMB TO THE COLD OR JUST OBLIVIOUS TO IT??? TAKE NOTES ON THE NEXT INSTALLMENT AND GET BACK TO ME GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEATHER. IT'S HEADING HERE ALSO!

GADGET GIRL....AKA CARLA...I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE SEE THEIR RETIREMENT FUNDS GOING DOWN THE TUBES DOWN HERE. IF THE GOVT GOES BROKE I AM IN DEEP CHIT!! I MIGHT EVEN HAVE TO GO OUT AND WORK AT A REAL JOB THEN!! I CAN JUST SEE YOU WATCHING THOSE LITTLE COLORFUL PEPPERCORNS GETTING ALL GROUND UP!! BUT TO BE TRUTHFUL...I ENVY YOU,....MINE ONLY HAS BLACK ONES AND I HAVE THE SEA SALT ONE!! I EVEN BOUGHT A SET FOR JEN AND RICHIE!!
NOW I AM THINKING WE SHOULD BUY THE MAN WITH THE BIRD ON HIS HEAD IN SHAD'S CATALOGUE!!

WELL MY FRIENDS...WILLY CALLED AND IT IS 23 DEGREES OUTSIDE SO I AM TAKING A PASS ON THE FOOD SHOPPING. I MIGHT HAVE GONE BUT THERE IS ALSO A WIND. BESIDES, RICHIE WENT TO THE A&P SUPERMARKET AND PICKED UP THE "USUAL". THERE IS NO WORK EITHER. PEOPLE ARE COMING IN. GUESS THEY FEEL BETTER CAUSE I SEE JOHN'S CAR IN THE LOT
SO THE DAY IS MY OWN
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-22-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #257  
Happy September

RECIPE #3

SAUTE PEELED SHRIMP IN A LARGE SKILLET WITH A LITTLE OLIVE OIL UNTIL JUST COOKED.
STIR IN BOTTLED ARRABBIATA PASTA SAUCE AND HEAT. SERVED OVER COOKED, FRESH PASTA.[/B]

** NOW I HAVE TO GOOGLE THE ARRABBIATA SAUCE

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-22-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #258  
Smackin' into a Wall

Mel, you cannot have Arribiata sauce - it's too spicy!!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #259  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Arggh. Stupid, stupid stock market. It's looking like we will never be able to retire either. Will just sit here and let "the man" slowly chip away at our lives as we become old and stooped. Stupid people who are hacking here at work and sound as if they have typhus or something terrible and DO NOT have the good sense to cover their mouths. It's driving rain outside and stupid people don't know that they need to PUT THEIR CAR LIGHTS ON so we can see them as they zip in and out of lanes in search of creating many pile ups behind them.

I'm up for starting a commune in Amish country. No cars, people are naturally committed to a sense of community and they probably have some kick-butt cure for the common cough. Anyone with me??? I know Shad can garden, I can cook, Carla can bring her cache of cool tools (as long as they don't require electricity). Madcat can tell us amusing stories. Nae is used to living in the big country. Holly can keep us nicely groomed. Ceejay will ensure we keep moving. Mel will keep us in line. Shaker will fix our problems (all that help desk experience will not be lost on us). Painter will make us some decorations for the cabin. Ruth will build us a still because we all need a little happy juice in life Rennie & Patty will organize a search party to go find the missing Diyana, Meadow and Linus.

I'm ready when you are. Hurry before what little money I have left gets sucked into the black vortex that is our "economy". Can we get the new president in here a little faster?????

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-22-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #260  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Happy
I have been wondering how bad things would be without a president lol.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #261  

Hello ladies,

Wow, Trying to catch up with everyone.

First of the year started off great exercising, eating right, going to bed early..... really motivated... but then somewhere, just gave up. I'm still working out, but my eating is OUT of Control. I'm having a hard time with it.
I think I need a good kick in the A$$... I need something.. It even got to the point where I was looking at diet pills at the grocery store. Now yes, I did come to my senses... I know that is not the answer and more than likely would just cause other problems... but it's just so frustrating.

Today's a new day... I've brought my food to work... my snacks... I've drank 24 oz of water and working on my 2nd 24 oz...
Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #262  

LOL - it was the film The Queen. Very enjoyable. The Queen Mum was not cast well.
The brand of vodka I drink is called Igor. Should help Ruth out mighty fine.

I am all for the worldly chick Amish community!!!

We are snowed in. It just blew up again. I was heading out to shovel. hmmmmmmmm

Happy- I am renting my "chair" at work which means I pat a flat fee for each month and have my own till, product etc so every I earn goes to me.I can write off all my expenses again like mileage, gas, home office, ads etc...
My boss is young and not biz savvy so I prepared a contract for her to sign with me.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:25 PM   #263  

Height: 1.73

Hey ladies, happy Wed, I heard the federal Reserve might help out.. hmm hope our market doesn't go belly up too!!!

The amish chicks sounds great, but do they get snow there.. it has to be somewhere warm as I don't think I would like that to much, I have bad circulation at the best of times let alone if it is freezing and trying to move around my body!!!

Nicknames it is then, although there is a bit difference between Oz and NZ names, the ozzies just shorten your first name and if they can they put a z and an a on it - like Wal is wazza, Gary is Gazza ha ha cracks me up.. if you can't be nicknamed then you get called Darl or worse yet.. Shirl.. ha ha (hope noones real name is Shirley!!) Anyway I am sure Shad is going to be a great help on this one as she knows names from all over the world. Here in NZ we are more nicknamed relating to experiences or what we look like - e.g. a guy at work looks just like Radar our of M*A*S*H hence his nickname is radar, not sure I know his real name!!!! .. failing that we are bro, cuz, mate or aunty ha ha.

Hilarious that you have the gadget Carla, our family likes gadgets but haven't come across that one yet.. shad the birdman sounds intriguing, is he meant to attract or scare the birds, or just be a poopy lure?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Things always seem to get worse in an election year. We've been in a recession before and we'll survive but may have to tighten our belts a little more.

I've always wanted to spend a week in an Amish country.

Holly
You are a good business woman. Be careful shoveling the snow.

Hello to the rest. I'll have to go back a read a bit.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #265  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Was trying to work out where Shaker started coming up with nicknames. Why nicknames. Then when I went back I saw Happy with her comment about Shad and Shaker finding something for the month of Feb. Trust us to get the 'f' word. I'll put the thinking cap on although it is not working too well at the moment.

I hear on the news that Heath Ledger is dead, presumably from an overdose. The rich and famous from Oz are dropping like flies at the moment. Some from drugs and others by bizarre acts or depression. Some world we live in - right.

As for the stock market, some time back I discovered that every stock and share I had was going downwards. It just seemed that if I bought into it, then it declined, so I decided then and there that it wasn't for me. Unfortunately my superannuation scheme will be affected by the falls this week so my calculations that I can't retire before 70 and have to be dead by 74 still compute. Fortunately I declined the Financial Advisors advice to top up my super with my savings and I have done relatively and steadily well with the bank and term deposits. Added to that I am debt free - that always helps. DS1 sold all his shares a month or two back to pay for his new house. Tinny b*gger. DS2 is somewhat like me and doesn't tend to play the stock market so I doubt he got burnt. The worst hit people will be those like Happy and me and Carla who are not that far from retirement age, but who didn't really start to work on retirement policies until we were into our 30s and 40s. I know in my case I was well over 40 before compulsory super came in here.

Shaker - I knew a couple (now sadly divorced) who were Sharon and Darren - funny enough in it's own way, but they became Shazza and Dazza. Then you get sport, maaaaaaaaate, ya ol' b*stard and all the other wonderous ways that ozzies use to describe their best friend, eh cuzzie.

Carla that phallic symbol of a pepper shaker does have a window in it as well as the light. Sorry if I cast aspersions on the wonders of one of your gadgets.

Mel - what do you mean, you can't get me out of here fast enough??? I think the powers that be are feeling the same. They dumped a whole raft of stuff on me this week. I've done most of it and sent it back for checking and then they moaned because they now have more work to do. Ha Ha what did they expect, that I would keep it all on my desk???

Oh dear Happy, you are not at this time living up to your name! Cheer up, can't last forever and maybe something more exciting will come up when you least expect it.
No Amish commune for me. Sure, I can garden, cook, sew, knit, crochet and Ruth is into the quilting, but I'd go stir crazy in the same place for ever. And I am not into butchering or slaughtering and I need meat! Maybe if you found an island in the sun or a place where it don't get too cold and where we could all spread out - got just the place....... lets buy a hilltop town in Tuscany or Umbria where we can have the joys of the good life, but shut it all out when we don't need that other lot!! City walls have a lot going for them.

Rennie - life without a president????? Ooooh aaaahhh - isn't that treason or sedition or something??

Patty - Hi, just beginning to wonder where you were. I figured you were either bogged in study or work and was going to give you another week before I started with the Mounties to seek you out.

Holly - I hope the chair rent thing works out. There is a lot of things tax wise that is good when you have your own business, whereas if you work for someone there appears to be little you can claim.

And there you have it. Not much to report except.............
It is 2 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes and 54 seconds until Friday, 25 January 2008 at 5:00:00 PM (Perth time)

Last edited by Shad; 01-22-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #266  
Happy September

I GUESS HAPPY IS NOT TAKING ME WITH YOU ALL TO THE AMISH COUNTRY I BETTER GO FIND SOME NEW FRIENDS THEN. I WONDER IF THE AMISH ALLOW MOTORIZED CHAIRS ANYWAY??? SO WE;RE GOING TO PENNSYLVANIA WITH OZZIE NAMES FOR FEBRUARY????
NOW THERE'S A COMBO!!
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DENTIST BUT SEEM TO HAVE BAD TIMING WITH THE OFFICIAL "APPOINTMENT MAKER". TODAY I WILL KEEP CALLING TILL WE LINK UP. I AVOIDED THE OFFICE. THEY DON'T SOUND GOOD ON THE PHONE AN LIKE HAPPY'S CREW, THEY COME IN SICK, COUGH AND INFECT EVERYONE FOR AN HOUR OR TWO AND THEN LEAVE
RICHIE IS LAUGHING AT JEN AND I. I CURED MY RUNS WITH A PAIN PATCH ON MY BACK. IT STOPPED THE COLON FROM SPASMING AND JEN GOT THE IDEA TO USE SMALL PIECES OF ONE FOR TOM...INSTANT CURE FOR THE CRAMPS. I MUST ASK THE DR WHEN I SEE HIM IF THIS IS AN "ALLOWABLE" USE. BECAUSE WITH ALL JEN'S FIBROIDS, TOM CAN BE A REAL BUTT KICKER.
NOTHING NEW HERE. JUST VEGETATING AND EXERCISING. DECLUTTERING THE FILE CABINET AND SHREDDING. THE POOR TREES THAT DIED FOR THIS BUNCH OF JUNK!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY!!

HAPPY~ HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME BEHIND. I PROMISE TO COVER MY MOUTH AND PUT MY HEADLIGHTS ON!!!

MADCAT~ I FORGOT TO GOOGLE THE SAUCE....GOOD YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS!!! THANKS!! THEN RICHIE SHOULDN'T HAVE IT EITHER. HE IS THE KING OF ULCER PROBLEMS SINCE HE WAS 6.

CEEJAY~ I WONDER IF PRESIDENT BUSH WILL TELL US THERE WILL BE A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT! I BETTER TRY HARDER TO LOSE WEIGHT SO I CAN TIGHTEN MY BELT!!

SHAD~ ONE MORE DAY AND OFF YOU GO!! WELL AT LEAST OUT OF THE OFFICE. HAVE YOU DECIDED FOR SURE WHAT YOU WILL DO WITH THE TIME????? DO YOU GET TO LEAVE THE DESK WITH STUFF STILL ON IT??? ARE THEY THROWING A PARTY?

SHAKER....I WAS WONDERING IF "AUNT FANNIE" HAS THE SAME DOUBLE MEANING IT HAS IN SCOTLAND?
I USED IT ONCE HERE AND LINUS WENT HYSTERICAL. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT CONNOTATION THE SCOTS HAD GIVEN THOSE WORDS

HOLLY~ MAYBE I SHOULD RENT OUT MY CHAIRS WHEN I AM NOT USING ONE OF THEM!! I COULD MAKE BUCKS TOO!

PATTY...DIET PILLS STAY OUT OF THAT AISLE!!!NOW GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR HOLIDAY BUTT AND GET BACK ON TRACK AND STAY THERE!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #267  
Happy September

RECIPE #4

MICROWAVE THE PACKAGED THAI-STYLE NOODLES WITH SAUCE, LIKE THE KAME BRAND, FOLLOWING THE BOX INSTRUCTIONS.
MEANWHILE, HEAT A COUPLE OF TEASPOONS OF OLIVE OIL IN A LARGE SKILLET. SEASON SLICES OF PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SALT AND PEPPER. STIRFRY THEM AND THEN TOSS WITH THE THAI NOODLES. ADD FRESH OR FROZEN VEGGIES TO THE SKILLET AND STIRFRY TILL CRISP-TENDER. AND TOSS THEM WITH THE PORK AND NOODLE MIX. TOP WITH CHOPPED SCALLIONS.

** WE MADE THIS WITH 2 BOXES OF THE KAME THAI MIX AND BITE-SIZE CHICKEN (COOKING THE VEGGIES AT THE SAME TIME AS THE CHICKEN) AND I HAVE TO SAY IT WASN'T HALF BAD AND A VERY QUICK MEAL
Old 01-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #268  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
I'm up for starting a commune in Amish country. ...Ceejay will ensure we keep moving. Mel will keep us in line. Shaker will fix our problems (all that help desk experience will not be lost on us). ...
Whutchutalkinbout Missy???? Looks like I included you. You had me worried for a second there. This could be a problem as they don't use electricity and there would be no way to recharge the chairs. Guess we'd just have to give you a ride around the compound. That's interesting about the uses for the pain patch. Never would have considered it for the colon. As for renting your chairs well ... once we stayed at a hotel that was right along the beach at Santa Monica in California. DH and I would take a walk every day over to Venice Beach. It's a real Bohemian place with Muscle Beach and all sorts of street entertainers. There was one guy who was on roller blades pushing a wheel chair and for 5 bucks he'd give you a ride - 2 spins around the boardwalk. Very enterprising. You take the money and I'll strap on the skates, ok? He even had some toy thing that made sounds like a car engine revving up as he rode you around. That place is something else.

Shad - agreed. The stock market fiasco hurts people like us more. We don't have 20 years to wait out the roller coaster ups and downs but need to have some way to grow our money a bit more and stuffing it in the bank at 1 percent interest won't do it. Very discouraging. As my boss said yesterday - let's tell a joke - how about we start by talking about raises??? Guess there won't be much extra money in our pockets this year either. I'm thinking we HAVE to find a place to "commune" if we're going to get by. I'm not working into my 70's. Shad you can come join our commune - we'll send you out periodically to go fetch us some meat from the store so you can get out once in a while I would have to become a vegetarian myself because I too would not be able to slaughter animals. Not even sure about fishing tho fish is my favorite protein.

Shaker - you propose some interesting names there. I'm thinking

Patty - consider yourself shoved I think we all find the fall from the wagon is hard, even more difficult climbing back up again.

Ceejay - I don't see those in power currently being all that concerned about the economy right now. It's a long way to next January. We could all be in a world of hurt if something doesn't happen soon. I'm already tired of all the new candidates arguing with each other. Where's all the speeches about what they intend to do if they get elected???

Shad - I've seen that Innovations catalogue. Look closely. I'll bet you can find a fireplace grill that resembles the gates of Graceland in there

That's enough for now. Hello to the rest of the crew. Talk later.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-23-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #269  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mornin Lovely Ladies....

Ruthie...names for male puppy...my fav name right now is Higgins.

Saw the movie National Treasure over the weekend. It was actually pretty good. Kind of suspenseful too. DS and I went. I had a gift card for the movies so he bought the popcorn, of which I ate maybe 3 bites, too many carbs.

We had Monday off for Martin Luther King day, that was quite nice. Spent the day at mom/dad's, took a nap, made beef stew in the crock pot, it was quite good.

Back to work yesterday, bleck. Went to the doc, have a sinus infection and swollen lymph nodes in the neck, which is why the partical stiff neck. She gave me Nasonex sample, and I just love it. Also a script for Augmentin. That should kick it. and a vit B12 shot, sure has perked me up quite a bit. I didn't get my shot in December and boy could I tell it. Tired and sleepy a lot.

It is mighty cold here today. High 28F, tomorrow high 16, burr and snow tonight. Yuck. Bright side: Monday is supposed to be 40F. Regular heat wave.

Economy stinks, don't like any of the candidates, on either side. Going to be a long road to recovery for the U.S. I am all for the commune. Love the Amish, but don't know if I can live without all the modern conveniences, too spoiled. Would give it a whirl tho. ;^)

Sure is sad about Heath Ledger. I really liked him as an actor. And to leave a baby behind. Makes me sad.

Stay warm and healthy.....

Hugs

Annie
Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #270  
Choose your hard

I had 2 reasons for suggesting the Amish - 1) they don't drive cars and considering that most of the people on the road today either lost their driving skills or never had them in the first place, a place without cars might not be a bad idea. And it occured to me that when I worked downtown in Chicago and walked 3 miles each day back and forth to the train station, I didn't have the big caboose I do now. So anything that encourages walking I'm all for Another thing about the Amish is that they seem to have a strong sense of community. I have always believed one of the secrets of life is to help each other through this world. It seems in today's society everyone is so busy and so sheltered that they pull into themselves - it's like we're all spinning in our separate circles oblivious to everyone else.

But maybe we can just make a hippie commune. I think I'd be ok with that too. Pass the wine please and would you like me to weave some flowers in your hair?

It is sad about Heath Ledger. I don't watch many movies so I didn't know who he was until I saw a picture. It does look like an accident at this point.

I had heard about those B12 shots Annie. Do you have to have a deficiency or can you just claim "iron poor blood and a bad case of the sleepies?"
Closed Thread