3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127920-back-kindergarten-33-a.html)

suetalks 12-16-2007 09:42 PM

Evening all.....Boy, it is still very cold here. The wind was fierce today also. In two days we got about 7 to 8 inches of snow. DH was out shoveling twice yesterday, but only once today.
I made good use of my time today. I rode the bike for 25 minutes, did the mini stepper (briefly) and did 1 mile WATP. I am going to try real hard to do all of that every day or at least every other day. Just need to get back in the swing of things. I did okay on food today also, except for an ounce or two of dark chocolate. Really really needed that though. :)
I made a chicken pot pie for dinner and loaded up on veggies myself. I have been slacking on green things lately.
So...that is my life this WE. Hope you all stayed safe and had more excitement than I did.
Jules- Again...happy birthday!

RosieKate 12-16-2007 10:06 PM

Ugh..think I'm coming down with another cold...have had a sore throat all day. The Xmas program went off very well - yay! L stayed on stage for the whole thing...which she was threatening not to do; she got a lot of compliments on her cute Xmas outfit. You know, the important stuff, lol! I came home and hunkered down in my little corner of the bedroom in my rocker and knitted and listened to podcasts for several hours. I did get a 45 minute walk in...about did me in....

Jules - Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good one; sounded like alot of fun.

Susan- I would look into a transfer; there are several in L's class. Her class is a big one, so I don't know how good your chances are, but it never hurts to ask, imo. Then again, you could move into the neighborhood, then they have to let you in :) I just love her school...but then you had the big girls there, so you know how wonderful it is. I don't know anyone in a wheel chair with a 3rd grader...so that didn't ring a bell.

Mindee - if you have car insurance with personal injury protection then it should cover any medical bills you have. If that accident wasn't Tommy's fault, then the other driver's insurance would cover your bills. Really, don't let this stuff slide....I still get sore in my neck and back from the 1992 accident, but if I hadn't had therapy, it would be much worse today.

Hi Cristina, Sue, and Sassy... hope you are all having a good weekend.

I am hoping to stay up late enough to watch the Survivor finale, but with this almost-cold, idk. Hoping for an Amanda or Courtney win, tho' Courtney is so thin I can barely watch her. I love her confessionals - she has a wicked sense of humor.

tommysgirl18 12-17-2007 01:49 AM

hello ladies.....how is every one doing?

SuzyQ~ I was just thankful that she didn't hit a little farther back. Otherwise she would have hit right where Logan is. Logan's car seat is right behind Tommy's and then Marissa's car seat is right next to Logan's. So, if something were to have happened to them, then all **** would have broken!

Jules~ I saw your pictures from you little party and the snow! Teri looks like she is dropping!

Sue~ That is great on the exercising! I need to get back into working out every day!

Katy~ My back is better today. I will ask Tommy, but I don't think we have the car insurance with the injury thing. (not sure if that is an option at our insurance company or not.....will have to look into it) The police officer took my name down and information since I was in the front passenger seat when the accident happened. I told him that our three kids were in the car as well when it happened, and he said "it only asks for the information of the front passenger. Now, if the kids were injured (which they are NOT, thank goodness!) then they would need their information.

jules1216 12-17-2007 05:43 PM

Had some excitement today--Teri thought her water broke, but it was a false alarm...

tommysgirl18 12-17-2007 06:48 PM

hello ladies.....just a quick note right now....

We just got a call from the lady that hit us on Saturday. (how she got our number is beyond us) But she called for our insurance information because she is going against our insurance. She told Tommy that the police reports claims that Tommy hit her. She claims that she called the insurance company and they told her that if Tommy doesn't give her the information (they screwed our last slip, so we had to have them redo it) and she told him that the insurance company told her that if he doesn't give her the information it is considered a hit and run accident.

Jules~ That is excitement!!! I hope he comes soon!!

jules1216 12-17-2007 08:38 PM

Mindee--that's terrible!! I would keep date/time track of all the calls from her and what she has said--maybe even tape all conversations--she seems like she may cause you problems.

Mom2Gaby 12-17-2007 09:32 PM

Hi,

Just a quckie! I am down .08.....is that how you write it? Almost a pound, it went back up slighty. That is ok, I have been such a goof lately, I will take it!

Mindee - egads girl! Sounds messy! Just give her the info, she can wrangle with your insurance herself. She sounds like a pain in the arse.

Jules - You are so pretty! Love your avatar! Hugs to you and Teri :)

Katy - You feeling ok? Hope so. I will look into a tranfer, can't hurt.

Sue - How do you make chicken pot pie?? I never have, sounds yummy.

Cristina - Where are you?? Miss you :)

Hi to Sassy,Michelle, and Anita!

Better get my chickies to bed. Took Gab for a hair cut she sat on a horse and they layered her hair. Rach and I watched while eating tootsie rolls.....found out I have medical until mid Feb. Bad news is it will cost $400 ish to continue my coverage. Ain't happening. So, need to figure out something fast.

Hugs to you all!!!

suetalks 12-17-2007 09:53 PM

Susan- I simply cook a couple chicken breasts with onion and garlic, dice them up, add frozen mixed veggies. Meanwhile cook a large potato and some celery. Throw all that together. Make a gravy from chicken broth. I pre bake the bottom crust until about 1/2 done. Fill it with all the veggies and gravy, add a top crust and bake until nice and brown. Everything should be cooked crisp tender before you throw it together in the crust. I bake at 425 and it takes maybe 25 minutes to brown. Let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes before cutting. You can throw in spices to your taste. You can also omit the potato and add rice, or no starch at all. Play with the veggies that you like and get rid of the ones you detest. LOL... I actually never measure anything when I cook..so I can't say a cup of this or that. Sorry. (now if I bake from a recipe I do measure)
It was very good....

Sassy_Chick 12-17-2007 09:54 PM

Hey all.

Hope your all well. I had my review at work today, it was ok, getting a raise, nothing to get excited about, but better than nothing. I asked my boss about Christmas Eve & Christmas. Christmas Eve I have to work my normally scheduled shift even though my co-worker who works nights opposite me said she'd work it. So I am having her send him an email stating she can work it. I am off Christmas. So if I have to work Christmas Eve then I may ask for the day after Christmas off, all he can say is no. Oh yeah and he informs me I am working New Years Day, my normally scheduled shift. So nice that I get screwed with the holidays. Guess I am lucky to have Christmas off.

Thats about it. Been really cold here. DH could not get our car started this morning when he got off from work. It was -11 with the windchill. It finally did start, we went ahead and made an appt to get it serviced. Its due for its oil change anyhow.

Hope your all keeping warm.

:hug:

tommysgirl18 12-18-2007 12:33 AM

hello everyone! how are you all doing?

Jules~ I had started a call log once Tommy hung up with her and told me that she will probably be calling on Tuesday. I didn't think to write down the conversations, but I just did. So, I am ready for her to bring it on.....which I am sure that she will. Tommy is thinking that this lady thinks that Tommy is younger then he looks and that she can just bully him/us around. You know how most people that get into accidents, especially accidents with this much magnitude, that they would get out and check the people in the other car to see if they were okay, right? Not this lady, AFTER she hit us, she continued down the turn lane AND then stopped! Not once did she get out of the car to see if we were okay once we pulled into the parking lot.

SuzyQ~ Yup, that is how you write it! She is already a pain in the arse and the accident just happened a couple of days ago!

Sue~ That sounds like it is really good! I just might have to try it!

Sassy~ That stinks about having to work on Christmas Eve, and New Year's Day! But like you said, at least you did get Christmas Day off.

RosieKate 12-18-2007 09:06 AM

Good morning!

Well, the sore throat did turn into a yucky cold. I've been a joy to be around, I tell you! Today will be another day of lots of tea and tissues I'm afraid. Fortunately, there isn't much on the agenda. I mucked up some of the Christmas knitting, then decided I was pretty much done with Christmas knitting, lol! I did pretty well.. will be gifting two pairs of socks, a hat, a pair of mittens and some wine cozies. I did not tackle sweaters this year, thank goodness. Since I'm sick and not too active today, I may cast on and get started on some felted clogs---see how far I get.

Mindee - get a lawyer! At least talk to one...many work on a contingency which means they get paid out of a settlement. You should not be talking to this lady, imo...everyone still feeling ok?

Susan- yay for the almost-pound. I maintained for another week. I was down a pound today, but then again I'm sick and not eating as much.

Jules - love your avatar...you have such a pretty smile. I saw your pics over on myspace; looked like you had a pretty great birthday...

Cristina - Hi! Are you out walking 4 miles in the snow? Hope you are having a good day.

Sassy- Congrats on the good review and the raise! I'm glad you got Christmas off. When I worked in retail...I had to work them all at one time or another. In the video business, seems like people wanted to rent movies every day. I think we had Christmas off, but that was it. If I had to choose NY or Xmas, I would take Xmas...

Sue - the pot pie sounds delicious..I'll have to give it a try with some leftovers one night. I think if I go easy on the gravy, DH might eat it. He's not a big fan of sauces or gravies. I cook like you do, I tend to throw things together. Everyone in my family has such specific likes and dislikes, I often have to improvise to get something we'll all eat.

HI to everyone I may have missed...hope everyone has a great day...I'm off to go blow my nose...

Mom2Gaby 12-18-2007 01:56 PM

Please STOP and join us at the #34 thread!! See ya there!! :moped::scooter::moped:

Marti 12-20-2007 12:33 PM

Closing this for ya!