3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127920-back-kindergarten-33-a.html)

FrouFrou 12-08-2007 12:16 PM

Good morning, ladies!

SASSY...so glad to hear the news! I don't think the candy bar idea is corny at all. It's just a little thank for all he does. Not sure how much you are going to spend but...on the M&M's website you can order a bag of them and put any message on them, also herseys website too! I ordered DH a big box of hersey kisses with the message Happy Anniversary! Now those were a little costly but it was our anniversary and he loves his chocolates! But the candy idea is a good one! As far as the roast goes, I cook one two ways...I flour it and brown it and then just put it in the oven with some water and a little bit of oil...it makes it's own gravy that way and is delicious! The crock pot way, I flour it and brown it then put it in with carrots, celery and potatoes and a package of the lipton mushroom/onion soup mix with two cups of water...it is delicious that way too. Making my mouth water for roast! Funny, I make my stew the same way.

JULES...ugh, sorry you and DH are feeling bad. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Hope they didn't have to cut the wisdom teeth out. They did that with the kids. Darn stinking cold...hope you get rid of that soon. I told V last night I hope I don't catch anything. The lady that sat next to me last night kept coughing and sneezing...spreading those germs around for all to have! Not very long now until you have that grandbaby.

Hiya everyone else :wave:

Not sure what is on the agenda for today. More icky weather, almost slipped down the stinking deck stairs this morning. Not frozen anywhere else but those stairs. Poor little Ernie dog was trying to get up the stairs and I didn't realize the rain had frozen...went to help him and I almost went down. Don't have any ice melt to put on them but V is bringing some home when he gets off work. Haven't done any exercise as of yet but will get it done, or something done. Haven't done much of anything yet, just some straightening of the house and started a load of laundry...always with the laundry, lol. Would love to go to this Santa Village thing they are having later but this weather is only supposed to worsen. Kirstie Alley has some houses here and one of them she is putting up this Santa Village in front of it and she is taking pictures with people. Would love to go meet her in person! Ah, but the weather. Of course if it is bad it will be rescheduled. :crossed:

Have a good weekend ladies!

Mom2Gaby 12-08-2007 01:34 PM

Good Morning Chickie's!

Mindee - How was the date?? You haven't checked in this morning so I am thinking it went well!! haha.....jk

I had yummy scrambled eggs/sausage w/ gravy dripped over. Gads! It was so good.

Cristina - The ex can be sweet. He also can be jerky. I was ok with the $1820 a month until my mom said it is going to be tight!!" .
I mean it is net and it beats working (lol) and Hawaii Man figures it is like making $15 an hour because it is a net sum. It was a total fluke that I was making $19 an hour - everything in the paper is $11 or $12 an hour...if that. So, it covers my rent ($705) and I guess we can ask Gab's dad to actually pay child support. I am getting tired of this $33 a week crap.....plus he needs to pick up her medical coverage. Blah ,,,,,,,,,,now I am depressed again...lol

No, I didn't change the myspace layout. I better get!!

Hi to everyone!! Monday is WI day!! Hope to get the gravy drained out!! lol

FrouFrou 12-08-2007 06:03 PM

Howdy Susan...man, what a breakfast! I want some...sounds so good! hey, even if it is a little tight I think you will manage your money right and be fine. But yeah, I agree the ex needs to be doing his part, bigger part for Gaby. So what are you up to today missy?

Just thought I would get back on for a few mintues. Exercise is done, done, and DONE! And it is nasty out...a sheet of ice on the driveway...me and V just threw some ice melt down. He almost slipped off the porch and I am afraid Jason will when he gets home...of all the things he had a final today at 3, ugh! Now I will worry until he gets home. He had one this morning also and said there were wrecks on the highway everywhere...a SUV had rolled off the highway. This class is way on the west side of town at a branch of WSU. Anyway...so jealous of Josh being in Hawaii...talked to him yesterday and he had the nerve to complain about their air conditioning being out because of the storm they had. The nerve, lol! They are okay though and didn't have any damage but he said it was one heck of a storm.

Have a good weekend ladies.

Sassy_Chick 12-08-2007 07:04 PM

Hi Girls.

I have been having an issue with my internet. Not sure if its my profile on Firefox or what so I'm on hubby's side, he wants me to try it and see if I get the same error I've been getting on his side..............:p

Cristina -- Thanks. I am not planning on spending a whole lot. lol. I am thankful, but um, we are very limited in fundage right now. lol. So I'm going to be "creative" lol. I just wish I knew what his favorite candy bar was!! Guess I can just go with the classic milk chocolate candy bar, right? I've never seen him eat Candy, but I've never seen him turn it down either. lol. But I do like your M & M idea maybe for my hubby for v-day or something. Like I said, fundage is limited right now. lol. Sounds like I'm on the right track to my roast. DH has to get the roast first, I'll probably make it tomorrow night. Maybe I will make my mom's homemade rolls to go along with it. ;) Tonight I'm doing an experiment. Attempting to make macaroni 1/2 like my mom makes it and 1/2 like DH's mom makes it. and probably make hamburgers with it for DH. So we'll see how it turns out!!! lol.

Jules -- I hope you feel better hunni!! :hug:

Hi Suzy Q -- Bye Suzy Q!!! I hope you can come back when you can stay and chat awhile!!

Well ya'all, all this talk about food, I am hungry, so I'm off to go eat! I hope you all have a Great Evening & Night!!!

:hug:

tommysgirl18 12-08-2007 11:41 PM

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, it has been a little bit since I have been on here! We had a blast yesterday!!! We dropped the kids off at the sitter’s house and spent about an hour or so with them so they wouldn’t freak when we left. (which they didn’t, in fact, they waved at us out the front window) We went to the party and spent a good six hours. We played some pool, some darts, some arcade games, and some pinball! It was really nice to be known as Mindee, and not mommy! Plus, an added bonus was not having to cut up any ones food or tell them to get out of things or we were going home! We went to pick up the kids and they were all still wide awake…….at midnight! We hung out for a little bit and the kids ate some Taco Bell. We left at 2am, and got home about 2:30am…..put the kids to bed and we crashed as well! (I did really good….I had one pop with dinner and water the rest of the night!)

Sassy~ That is great news about your mom!!!! I have only seen the first Pirates, and that was on opening night in the front row! That is great news about your Job Angel!!! I have never cooked a pot roast either, Tommy usually does it. Tommy’s suggestion is to season it to taste, and then throw it in a crock pot. Tommy says you will know when it is down when it falls apart. To which he added that it would be perfect for Sheppard’s Pie then. I like the idea of the gift for your job angel.

Cristina~ Thanks for the encouragement! Tommy was talking to a friend of ours that baby sat the kids last night. She is going to school to be in surgical technology, and she received grants. She told Tommy to look into those to see if he can get any of those. Sorry to hear that you didn’t like TSO. I don’t think I have every heard any of MS’s songs. I could have heard them and just not known it was them.

Jules~ I hope you feel better soon! I hope your hubby doesn’t get sick and that his antibiotics kick the cold for him! Isn’t Teri due soon? I hope she goes before she gets to uncomfortable.

Cristina~ Did you make it to the Santa Village? I would love to meet her as well! I have watched her progress on tv through her weight loss, so it would be nice to meet her.

SuzyQ~ It was a great night! We had a blast!!

tommysgirl18 12-09-2007 03:06 PM

just checking in on this weird weathered Sunday!

jules1216 12-09-2007 04:55 PM

Mindee--the weather is weird here too--we got around 4 inches of snow on Wednesday, it was in the 60's yesterday and today is rainy and gloomy but in the 40's

Sassy--great news about your job--we actually need one more person though I don't see it happenning...glad your mom's tests came back normal

Cristina--I channelled my inner Katy and painted the dresser--so now I am going to channel my inner you and exercise!! I got a walking off the pounds dvd--I promise to start as soon as I feel a little better--I think I would pass out if I tried it today--I am feeling a little better though

SuzyQ--well it's good you are getting more $ than you thought you were that's always a plus--Gaby's dad should pay more if he can. It's nice that Hawaii man is always there to talk to you....

Well, I am feeling a little better, still sneezing and my throats still scratchy but I can talk today..hubby's jaw is still hurting some but then he takes a pain med.....

Sassy_Chick 12-09-2007 06:26 PM

Hi Chicks.

Well I made the macaroni and cheese. It didn't turn out the way I wanted, but don't really think it was all my fault. lol. The Cheese Sauce that DH got me just wasn't that great. lol. So next time I am using Velveeta......;)

But DH liked the mac & cheese anyway and he raved on my burgers I made. Mine were small and I did not use a bun or bread......

DH forgot to get the roast so I will have to come up with something else for tonight. Any Ideas???? We don't have a lot, DH just got the basics when he went to the store. We do have chicken breasts, I could maybe do something with them??? Its just chicken is so boring.......and we have it all the time because well its healthy, its the skinless boneless kind........

DH emailed me a link for a house that he likes that is not too far from where we live now.....needs a little work, but would be perfect because is has an efficiency apt. with a private entrance in the lower level, which would be perfect for my mother!!! Its in our price range too, so I dunno........We don't have any money saved for a down payment though. But a guy at work said he didn't have to have any money down on his house. I dunno I know having a down payment helps but I really want out of this place!! Also my mom is supposed to move up here when her lease is up -- in May. So I would like to have a house by then because we could all fit in this apt, but it would be a snug fit.

Here is the house, if anybody is interested in take a looksy. lol.

Mindee - Glad that you and Tommy got a night out.

Jules -- TY, it took a lot off of our minds that my mom's results came back normal..........Glad you are feeling a little better. I hope you and DH get well soon!

RosieKate 12-09-2007 07:04 PM

Hi everyone! How's your Sunday going?

Sassy - I'm so glad your mom's tests came back normal - what a relief! I looked at that house and just about fainted..I WISH we had houses around here for that size and price! My neighbor across the street is trying to sell his 3000 sq. ft. house with 4 bds/3 baths for 539,000...now there's a reality check for ya, lol! Re: cooking. Do you have a crock pot? One of my easiest dinners is to put a chuck roast in the crock pot with a container of salsa and just let 'er go all day. By dinner time, it is so tender it just falls apart and it is great on a sandwich or wrapped in a tortilla with veggies. If you are pressed for time, you can cook it in a pot in the oven..I think it's like 350 for and hour or so, whatever gets the internal temp to about 150. Hope the house works out for you!

Susan- glad your unemployment will cover you. It's nice not to worry about that stuff. I agree w/ Cristina - M needs to pay his fair share.. Does our fair state still deduct child support from wages? Hope you are having a good weekend.

Jules - hey we had snow, too...just enough to get the kids real excited...but it's gone now. I tell them to wait 'til February...we always get some kind of freak storm in February.

Mindee - yay for date night! We like those, too and don't get near enough of them, imo! Our last date was to the Art Museum. We are hoping to get away for an evening to use a P.F. Chang's gift certificate over the winter break. DH also is hoping we will get out to a movie..wants to see Sweeney Todd...I'm holding out for The Savages or maybe Juno. None of these seem like real date-night movies, but ST really isn't a date night movie, lol!

Cristina - Thanks for the card! very sweet...did Jason get home ok?

Just got back from the gym. Did 25 minutes of cardio, then took the cardio salsa class. In other news, we have our tree, but haven't decorated it yet...and the kids are about to pee their pants; they are so excited. Yeesh. It's just a tree ...jk... I am wiped, but I promised them I would at least get the lights and garlands on, then they can do the rest with their dad. I'm a good delegator....

I'm hoping to get our Christmas email card out in the next week. I think I have everyone's emails.. except Mindee, Sue, Michelle, or any newbie. If you could pm me your email, I would be happy to send you one. It has a little slide show of our year's highlights.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, ladies!

tommysgirl18 12-10-2007 01:50 AM

hello ladies.....how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end.....just checking my email and putzing around online! me and Tommy have come to agreement that we are going to start shopping for Christmas next year after the first of the year. that way we know that we will have stuff for the kids already and not have to stress about it when it gets closer to Christmas. (which is what we have been doing.....and the reason, more then likely, why AF hasn't shown up yet.

Jules~ We haven't gotten any snow except for the little bit that was on the ground for a day or so. There is still a slight trace on the grass now, but not the normal amount for Christmas time!

Sassy~ That is a nice house!!! The inside looks nice, if those are the inside pictures for the house! What would you do with the cottage on the back of the lot?

Katy~ That is great about getting to the gym! I need to get myself more motivated! We have been so stressed trying to figure out how we were going to get things for the kids for Christmas, that I have been a little tiny bit of a bad girl. (only in the sense of going back to drinking pop) lol....I have seen the commercials for ST and I would agree, that doesn't seem like a date night movie to me!

FrouFrou 12-10-2007 03:48 PM

Hello ladies...

KATY...YW! Funny about the kids, lol. You should tease them and make them wait just little bit longer to decorate the tree, lol. WTG on the exercise and yummy to the roast with salsa..never, ever crossed my mind to do a roast that way.

SASSY...WOW! Such a GREAT deal on the house! It looks good and for that price a little bit of work is nothing. So much space! And now, sorry if I am raining on your parade...really give those stairs a LOT of thought! Our house is similar in style, a bi-level and lat me tell ya, I never thought one iota about carrying groceries up the stairs or anything else. I loved having the garage next to the kitchen and just walking in the door...the stairs are a real pain in the booty for sure and hard on the knees, sorry but just thought I would give ya something to think about. But it is a nice house with lots of space and would be great for your mother to move in. And you are right...look into the different loans...you can buy a house with nothing down, you can also ask the seller to pay all or part of your closing costs etc. There are lots of ways to get into a house with no money so do your homework.

MINDEE...glad you guys had a nice night out without the kids. Date night is always fun. I misread and for some reason thought you were saying the kids were calling you Mindee, lol. Isn't it funny how that is...you always hear mom/momma/mommy and tend to forget who you are, or I did anyway. When Jason was about 3 1/2 he did call me by my name. I didn't care, it really didn't bother me but when my mother would come over she would get angry...asked me why he was calling me by my name and then told me to tell him to stop, lol.

JULES...WTG missy! Hey, it's a start and something you can do regardless of where you live or the weather. Glad you are feeling a little better. :hug:

SUSAN...whacha up to girly? Hoping all is well with you and the girls.

Nothing much going on with me today...this weather has me down and I have yet to get any exercise in, ugh. Slept late and got a late start...don't know if it's the weather or what. Will probably just do a video or dvd and call it good, it's so late in the day already so. Went and ran some errands today, things I had planned on doing tomorrow but we are supposed to get freezing rain this evening and I don't plan on being out in it tomorrow. The roads will be icy and worse than they were Sat & Sunday so...staying inside. Had to go order Jason a cake for Sunday. Will be going to his ceremony and then coming home and Josh and his GF are going to be coming over for dinner and cake. Glad he is coming home for Christmas. Anyway...yakkity, yak, yak, yak...

Take care ladies and stay warm!

jules1216 12-10-2007 08:23 PM

Cristina--we are going to be getting rain all week--I would rather have rain or snow--hate the ice. Just got home and I am ready for bed.

Mindee--there's no snow left just a muddy mess that is going to get muddier with all the rain that is coming this week

Katy--I need to get going on my cards--I bought them before Thanksgiving but I don't have them even started!! The cardio salsa class sounds fun.

Sassy--that house looks cute! If needed you could put your mom in the efficiency apt in the lower level and rent the cottage in the back. The rental would help pay for your mortgage. I sometimes bake chicken breasts--I rub a little extra virgin olive oil on them, squeeze some lemon juice over them and sprinkle lemon pepper on them. Hubby and I like them.

SuzyQ--hey there lady....

I got home late and I ma going to play a little on the net and then go to bed. Teri was really emotional today so I sat with her awhile and talked before I came home.

Sassy_Chick 12-10-2007 11:54 PM

Sassy's Ramblings.......lol

Hi Chicks.

This is just me rambling away, so if your just not in the mood or too busy, you can skip over. I didn't do Individuals because well I'm too lazy, maybe later.... lol........

Well tonight has been so far amazing! I came in and Dayshift actually WORKED and I did not have a lot of work leftover from them to do!! Now what do I do? lol. **Knocking on Wood here** lol. I sooooo wish that I could go home at Midnight.............That would be awesome..........but that would never happen unless maybe I was dying or something. lol.

Oh and my Job Angel? Broke his leg!! Poor guy, this defintely has not been his year!! A few months ago he broke his jaw and he had his mouth wired shut for like two months.

I'm hungry and I brought lunch, but I don't want it. Ever had that happen? But there was really nothing else to take.........Just nothing sounds good to me.................Well what sounds good to me is fattening and bad for me so I can't go there. Luckily I have no transportation and I don't get a lunch so can't really go anywhere anyways. lol.

I also found out that someone from the dayshift is leaving our team. Going to somewhere else within the co. She was hired on when I was. So that is another person leaving that I started with. That will leave only one left that was hired on with me.......Kinda scary. I feel like I should move on, but I'm just too afraid! lol.

Thank you all for your kind comments about the house. Dunno if we'll go for it or not. I think DH was looking and this is a good deal and the location isn't that bad either. But depends on DH, sometimes he is all "gung ho" about something then other times he drags his feet and I'm tired of trying to convince him that we need to move. Its not just my decision.

We have looked at so many houses in the last few years........I don't want to go looking unless he is absolutely sure he wants to do it this time. lol.

I think honestly he is afraid, just like before we bought our car. He drug his feet on that too, until our old car broke down and we HAD to get a new one. Don't think our apt is going to totally break down, it is falling apart, but don't think its going to totally go and that is probably what it would take to make him move...........I am trying to tell him, "My mother is moving up here in the summer time and I really don't want to be crammed into this little apt." But he still drags his feet. I understand about being cautious and all that, but there is a point where you just got to do it.

Anyways..........I am rambling away...............lol.

Have a Good One!

tommysgirl18 12-11-2007 12:48 AM

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Tommy called me after he got out of work to see if I remembered where he spent $39.67 at. I said “well, I can check on the account on the bank site and then let you know when you get home.” So I did that, and found a charge at a gas station not that far from here for that amount. I showed/told Tommy when he got home from work and getting gas, and we went through the receipts and nothing! So he called the bank and the person that he talked to went over it with him on the phone and then told him that he had to go to a local branch and fill out a form disputing the charges and the guy that he talked to at the branch told Tommy that he had a legitimate case, and they will investigate it and get back to him. When he talked to the guy on the phone, the guy told him that the charge was made at 4:28pm on Sunday……Tommy went to pick up some stuff for the kids and then Meijer. He was sitting on the couch watching Ray, and the card was in his wallet on the bar.

Things are going GREAT on this end after the bank issue!!! Tommy called and talked to the lady from the school that he is interested in. She has been trying to send him the information about the financial aid and co-signer stuff. Well, he called her and she told him that all he needs to do is get a co-signer and he will be back in school!!!!!! He called his mom and she said that she would be his co-signer! So, as of January 7th, Tommy will be a student!!! It should be a really rough ride for the six months that he will be in school, since he will be working still, then going to school for 8 hours and then having to do roughly 12 hours of homework through out the week. Plus, being a daddy and a husband on top of it all. I told him that if the boys keep acting like they have been then he is going to have a drunk wife while he is in school!

Cristina~ My cousins used to call (still do actually) their parents by their first names and I was raised that you don’t call them by their names, but by mom and dad. So, it was always weird when we were around them and they were calling their parents by their first names. Brandon has however called daddy Tom and Tommy just looks at him and says “I’m daddy” or he will ignore him until he calls him dad.

Jules~ We are suppose to be getting some kind of precipitation this week. From what I saw on the radar it was looking like rain, but who knows now!

Sassy~ I hope your DH will stop dragging his feet and want to move soon! Sorry to hear about Job Angel…..man, it really hasn’t been his year!

jules1216 12-11-2007 08:21 PM

Teri says that her belly feels like it is hanging to her knees today. She felt weird all day but nothing yet....

Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone--I am tired and going to go to bed early again tonight!!