3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127920-back-kindergarten-33-a.html)

FrouFrou 11-29-2007 01:52 AM

Back In Kindergarten #33

Hello & :welcome: to Back In Kindergarten Thread :wave:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

New members are always welcome.
Pull up a chair and join us!
:coffee::cofdate::cofdate::cofdate::coffee2:

FrouFrou 11-29-2007 01:55 AM

Post away ladies! :comp::comp:

tommysgirl18 11-29-2007 03:17 AM

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Nothing new on this end…..just trying to get through my email like usual!

Cristina~ I usually lay Logan down for his nap right after lunch, which is usually about 12:30ish. Then I sit with Brandon and we watch the rest of the news and cuddle. That is generally when I attempt to get him to nap. Some days it is easy to get him to nap, and some days it is rough. If it gets to the point where he hasn’t fallen asleep by 2pm, I give up and he just goes to bed early that night, which works out perfectly! I just have to stick with the “if he is not asleep for his nap by 2pm, then he goes to bed early” mentality. My goodness about the break in! After we moved to the city we are in now, there were two murders, both being double murders, that happened. One happened literally just around the corner from us.

SuzyQ~ Are R & R registered with the tribe? Tommy got the forms from his mom to fill out, but they look kind of old to me. So, I was just curious if you knew of any websites or anything that I could go to in order to see how to go out about doing it. He now knows that he is Blackfoot AND Cherokee, instead of just the Blackfoot tribe. So, do you think we would have to go through both tribes?

Jules~ Those are some great pictures!!!

I was watching Oprah on Wednesday, and she had Bob Greene on there. They announced that they are doing a challenge for 1 million home viewers starting in January lasting the whole year. I went ahead and signed up for it!

Sue~ I am thinking of starting to walk at night when Tommy gets home from work again. It will give me some time away to clear my head and to get some exercise in the process. I usually just walk around the complex numerous times to get some laps in. That is great to hear that your mom is doing good and eating three meals. I will keep my fingers crossed that it stays like this.

FrouFrou 11-29-2007 04:14 PM

Hello ladies...

MINDEE...not to step on anyones toes but to find out about the blackfoot you have to contact them directly, where the tribe is based. The cherokee, you can find the roll numbers online at the National Archives web site. Once you have the roll number, order the birth certificates and you can access the Tribal Enrollment forms for the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma online at their web site. The kids are Choctaw that's how I know. It has to be the original birthcertificate also, can't be a copy of the orginal. Theirs is all messed up because their grandmother was adopted by a white family and they are going by that...even though she is full blooded. But they are enrolled so...they use the grandfathers roll number...the Choctaw Nation does anyway.

I am going to have to check out the Oprah thing...not a fan of her but I am all for a challenge!

MS SUSAN...where are you at lady?

MS SASSY...whacha up to lady?

HIYA KATY, MICHELLE, SUE, JULES, ANITA, and KATHY!

I didn't get all my exercise done like I wanted, yet anyway. I didn't get up early like I had planned...stayed up until 1:30, gotta quit doing that. But I did get the 2 mile WATP done before I headed out to run errands and buy groceries. Did my 25 mns on the bike and weights and will do the 2 mile WATP again after Jeopardy. So I will be turning in early tonight for sure. The food and water are going well also. Other than that, not much going on. I am getting a little sleepy now. Too late to take a nap...shoot.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Chat later :wave:

Mom2Gaby 11-29-2007 05:03 PM

Hi :wave:

Totally late start to this day and I am not in a very chatty mood. The usual with Rach, what a drain and pain!

Good info on the Native American tribe Cristina. The R's aren't registered with their tribe Mindee - though they do get medical if they needed it. I also watched Oprah and kind of looked at her site but for the life of me could not figure out how to sign up. lol...............so , poop.

k- not in the mood today, sorry. Hope you all are doing better!! lol

hugs to all

RosieKate 11-29-2007 05:15 PM

Susan- I enjoyed the new pics over on myspace....sorry you are having a bad day. I may go check out the Oprah thing.. I don't watch her show much anymore but a challenge could help keep me on track I guess

Cristina - the Native American info is very interesting...my grandma always says we have part whatever because my late grandpa was "quarter Indian" according to her. She has no idea what tribe....I wish I knew more about that side of my family.

Mindee - I remember when both of my kids went through changes in the nap schedule. In a way, it's a relief when they give them up; they go to bed earlier and sleep better. And my schedule doesn't revolve around nap time! It is hard when they get cranky... so big hugs to you little mama.

I've been knitting up a storm today. I started some mittens for James' stocking stuffer. That means I can only work on them while he's at school. I did get most of one done today. They are going to be nice and warm.

I did get to yoga, then raced over to the school to help the kids with an art project. Then home to eat and knit. Not a very exciting day. Been eating ok...so that's good.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Mom2Gaby 11-29-2007 07:00 PM

Kind of a quite day, huh Katy?

Kind of blah outside and just waiting to get to the weekend.

The knitting sounds nice, what a good mother you are! If you can figure out the Oprah thing let me know - maybe I just don't have the patience today. Thanks about the photos, trying to make it a point to get more recent ones up this weekend.

I am watching Racheal Ray today. I fail to see the appeal???? She makes real fatty food and she talks out of the side of her mouth. lol.....yowza, how p.m.sy is that??

Gab was late for school this morning. Her monthly packet of homework is due tomorrow and we aren't even half way done. Impossible to get done when she comes home close to 3pm. The last thing she wants to do is sit and do more work....so, I have failed her....she will never get to 1st grade.

Swimming tonight. Ate some salmon for dinner, tomorrow is payday.....yay, money!!!

k- hope you all are having a good Thursday!

tommysgirl18 11-30-2007 02:07 AM

hello ladies...how is everyone doing?

well, Brandon took a nap right after lunch, so that was a good thing. He did go to bed earlier Thursday night then he had been going to bed, so that was a plus! Now, if I can get him to do that every day, it will work out. Logan on the other hand.....decided that he wasn't going to take a nap on Thursday. So, he went to bed at about 7pm.

Cristina~ Thanks for that information. I will have to cut and paste it (or just show it to Tommy) so that I can try and find it. Tommy found the number for the Blackfoot tribe and gave it to his mom since she had all the information at the time. So, I am not sure if she ever called the tribe or not.

SuzyQ~ Go to her website, and on the left side of the page should be a listing of the episodes from this week. Click on the one that was shown on Wednesday with Bob Greene, and once you click on that it will give you three hyperlinks. The challenge is the last hyperlink listed. let me know if you still can't find it and I will get you the link for it.

Katy~ He seems to be all over the place with his naps. But I am thankful that he is still taking them! I have seen days when he hasn't taken them, and boy are they the pits!

RosieKate 11-30-2007 12:30 PM

grrr ... a little irritated with Miss Oprah. I registered for the challenge and all it did was put me on a Bob Greene email junk list. And Bob's plan costs money.... I thought this would be like other challenges she's had where you get email encouragement and no one trying to sell me stuff. No wonder the want 1 million people to sign up -- Bob could make a lot of $$$. So I unsubscribed in short order. Just thought I'd share...thanks for letting me vent a little...

Just got back from a 1 hour walk...taking advantage of our reasonably dry weather..supposed to get snow tomorrow and a big windstorm on Sunday. I figured if I want some fresh air.. I'd better get it today! So now I need a shower and then I need to sit down and pay a bunch o' bills. Hopefully I'll get some knitting in while the kids are at school. I used to be able to make their gifts right in front of them because they never paid any attention to what I was doing, lol! Now they never leave me alone, sigh. I was trying to read Team of Rivals last night and I swear I was interrupted every two minutes until I just gave up. I finally made it to the Gettysburg Address after everyone went to bed...

Susan- I don't care for RR either...thought I have to give her some credit...she sure knows her market and is very good at branding herself. Lately I just find myself not that into what is on tv. We are watching Survivor.,..but now that DWTS is over...that's all we are watching besides Christmas specials. The kids really liked the Shrek on that was on Wed. Oh - I forgot, I do watch Heroes..but that's over for awhile after the next episode.

Hi Everyone....hope you are all having a good day...I'm off... the shower is calling my name....

FrouFrou 11-30-2007 12:43 PM

Happy Friday, Chickies!

MINDEE...oops! When I said the grandfather I mean DH's grandfather, the kids great grandfather. Saw that and thought it looked wrong. It's really interesting all the info you can find out. Jason, DS#1 does geneaology and while it bores me, there is a lot of interesting info, and people we are related to, pretty cool. One thing I forgot to mention is that you can't enroll in two different tribes...you have to choose one or the other. You might want to find out about the tribes...with the Choctaw it used to be you had to be at least 1/4 to enroll but they have since lowered it.

KATY...it really is interesting. There is indian on my dads side of the family too...his grandfather was full something, don't know what, neither does he. WTG on getting the yoga in and eating! And James' mittens, bet they are nice.

SUSAN...you know, I fail to see the appeal of Rachel Ray also. I watched a few of her shows and thought the same...the food looks fattening. Don't know if it is but it sure looked like it. I used to watch a show she was on a while back, can't remember the title but she would go to different places and see what she could eat on something like $20-$25 dollars a day, can't even remember the amount of money either. But I watched this show and wondered how she ate all that food and wasn't fat! What a job eh? Packet of homework in kindergarten? Wow! Of course when I was visiting my cousin in Houston her little girl was in pre-school and she had to sit down and do her homework. It was weird to me for a per-schooler to have homework...smart little girl she is. Her mom (my cousin) and her dad are intelligent people though. She is a DR and he works for NASA. Anyway, getting sidetracked here and a little chatty, lol. Sorry that RAchel is giving you heck. :hug: :hug:

HI JULES, SASSY, SUE, MICHELLE, ANITA, KATHY, and anyone reading this. :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Aiming for 5 miles today. Haven't started yet, but getting ready to. Going to wrap a few gifts, did get a few things over the last two/three weeks, just never wrapped. I am not ready for Christmas at all! Anyway, have some laundry to do too! I think that is a given on most days, lol. Tomorrow I am going to try and get up early and get my exercise out of the way...DD and I are going to go looking at some antique malls. We love browsing those places.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend!

FrouFrou 11-30-2007 12:50 PM

HI KATY...we were posting at the same time. WTG on the hour walk! :bravo: Funny about the kids! I miss those times. We are headed for some bad weather too...rain tomorrow and they were saying with winds up to 50 mph, crazy! Still heading to the antique malls though. And thanks for the info on the challenge...I was getting ready to go check it out. Have a good day!

jules1216 11-30-2007 06:46 PM

Cristina--I liked Rachel Ray's $40 a day thing--she went to some really neat places. My husband and son like Giada, the cute little Italian that shows alot of cleavage!! Giada is starting a show close to the $40 a day thing...

Katy--yeah on your hour walk!! We are supossed to get soem sleet on Sunday morning...Gettysburg is about an hour away from me and I worked at the Antietam Battlefield in Sharpsburg MD the summer before my senior year.

Mindee--Ry didn't sleep much at all when he was little...

Suzyq--boy, there was no homework in Kindergarten when I went...

Teri is beginning to dilate and the baby is in the right position!! She has gained a total of 18 pounds and is measuring perfect. The doctor she saw to day commented on how great she looks!! We returned a bunch of stuff and got other stuff...she is really kicking in with the "nesting" She emptied a drawer for the baby towels, wash cloths and bath & lotions and she put all her bottles and such in the kitchen. I have some more stuff to wash up for her but she is so excited....and ready....

Ryan is considering moving to Eugene Oregon...he wants to wait and make sure everything is set with Teri and he wants to go back to Philadelphia with me in April for his bday (we are going to spend the night this time!!) If everything is set he will go by the end of April for a visit and if he likes it he is staying....You girls out Oregon way will have to check up on him for me!!

suetalks 11-30-2007 09:29 PM

Quick fly by...Hello and Happy December to you all. I haven't decorated yet, but plan to get things down from storage tomorrow and see what I need to buy. Maybe a new tree....
It is darn cold here, but I walked a mile today. Going to have to step it up if I want it to do any good. Wish I had my treadmill back. :(
Went to a Festival of Trees last night at which my DGD sang with her show choir from school. Very good show with 6 schools present. The decorated trees were lovely and one sold for $2500.
Feeling a little achy and grumpy...hope tomorrow is better.

I promise to do indies this week-end.

Mom2Gaby 11-30-2007 10:34 PM

Good Evening -

I love your little snow biker Sue! Very cute, I meant to say that earlier. Wow, on the $2500 !

Jules - You need to come with Ry to Oregon if he settles!! You would love it. Eugene is closer to our miss Marti. It is beautiful down there, I hope he likes it enough to stay. I loved getting ready for Gaby (and the R's too). I had her clothes, lotions, powders, and blankies all ready for her. It was so much fun! Of course she never used her cradle or crib, she has always been right side me.....still is....lol. Hugs to Teri , I bet she is so ready to welcome her little one.

Cristina - omg - 5 miles! Did you get it walked?? Amazing...
Can you believe the Dec homework packet came home today?? We did have a wonderful 1st grade teacher for Rachel in a private school on the coast. He was the greatest, loved him. He wanted the kids to learn good study habits and he sent homework home to do that. So, I guess (or assume) that is what the K teacher is trying to do.

Katy - Bracing for the storm??? I was going to meet Gab and her dad for the zoolights tomorrow, see where the storm is .....winds are suppose to be 75mph. I doubt we will do that. Cute about the knitting and the kids! After The Bachelor and Dancing I like watching Desperate Housewives....after that really nothing.

Mindee- How are you and the kids?

Sassy,Michelle & Anita - Come chat!!

I am going home. Gab is with her father til Sunday, Rach and Beck are with friends for the evening. I am going to go home and enjoy some peace with Momo, the kitty. Spent the afternoon with my sister making final decisions on her sons tombstone. How sad is that?? I drove up to the funeral home listening to Christmas music and feeling sad.........it just seems wrong for a 16 year old to be gone.

sorry.........night all

Sassy_Chick 11-30-2007 11:12 PM

Hi All,

I'm still here and alive. lol. Just been busy with work and stress of everyday life. lol. I haven't been a very "good" girl lately, "diet wise". So I just haven't been around, I know you all have your own busy lives and stresses! lol.

The Holiday for me won't be much of a holiday really. I guess that is a bad attitude, but its how I feel. I may as well just volunteer to work it, we could use the extra $$ anyways. lol.

Boy I'm just a ray of sunshine, aren't I? lmao. Oh my mom did get her Doppler Study Done, they said there was nothing critical, they say they would have told her if it was. But she has to wait 3 weeks for the results. So we're keeping our fingers crossed :crossed: that everything comes back okay.

My mom gets off the 1st week in Dec. She may come up on that weekend, we'll have to wait and see though. Kinda low on the fundage and we all know how expensive gas is and we have to go and get her and take her home and she doesn't exactly live right next door. lol. But DH says he thinks it would be good for the both of us for her to come up because she has been stressed too. So we'll see.

Well I won't bore you any longer. lol.

I hope you all are doing well!

:hug: