3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127920-back-kindergarten-33-a.html)

Sassy_Chick 12-03-2007 05:37 AM

Hi Girls.

We have wind here too. They say on tv that it feels like 14 outside. But so far our power has stayed on.

Well I think I have another bug. I swear work has to be like the breeding grounds for all the germs known to man! lol. By the time you get over one bug, another one is going around! Its like non-stop bugs! lol.

So I didn't do any cleaning and I honestly just don't care. I took a shower and watched tv and that is the extent of what I've done today. I even just ate crackers because they were the only thing that sounded good and I wouldn't have to clean up afterwards! lol.

Anywho. Back to work tonight (Monday) Yippee.......I'm so thrilled. lol.

Well everybody take care.

:hug:

FrouFrou 12-03-2007 02:03 PM

Hello, lovely ladies, and a HAPPY MONDAY to you!

MINDEE...ahh, no more snow. Just do me a favor and keep it there, lol! THANK YOU for the e-card...the kids are adorable!

SUE...WTG on the exercise! :carrot: It is fun looking at houses online. Hope you and DH find the perfect place for you guys.

SASSY...hoping you don't have a bug and feel better soon. :hug:

SUSAN...hope you and the girls are well today. Bet you missed Gaby over the weekend. :hug:

MICHELLE...getting close to moving day? Are you excited?

JULES...hoping Miss Teri is feeling good today. Yikes, just realized how close her due date is. Maybe she will deliver early and on your BD!

KATY...did you guys get the gingerbread houses done? Bet the candy was good! ;)

ANITA...how's it going with you missy?

KATHY...are you enjoying being a grandmama to little Roxy? I know, stupid question, lol, of course you are!

Nothing much going on with me today. I slept late and even went to bed early, earlier than usual. But I still feel sleepy. Had some errands to run...went to the PO to get more Christmas stamps, then to Hallmark to pick up a couple of things. Had to get Barry Manilows Christmas CD...yeah, yeah, I love Barry Manilow, what can I say? Just like to have different versions of all the Christmas music as well. Mariah Carey and Michael Bolton have a good Christmas CD, and Mannheim Steamroller.

Anyway, just getting some laundry done now. Later on V and I are headed out for an early dinner. There's a place we have been wanting to try called Cheddars...have no idea what it is but it is always packed and he called and suggested it. But he knows that WI is tomorrow and wasn't sure if I wanted to go because of WI. Normally, I wouldn't go but we don't spend a lot of time together as it is (he's always working) so going to take the opportunity to spend time with him anytime I can.

I think I messed up big time anyway so what the heck. I'll get back on track tomorrow. I don't want my whole life to revolve around losing weight or staying OP...I am not perfect, I am only human so...yesterday was just a bad eating day for me. I think it is time for TOM...because I have been doing good and then yesterday, ugh! I caved and gave into the cravings...too much snacking in between meals. I am back on track today and do plan on watching what I eat when we go so...can't be too bad can it? I'll know tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Chat later :hug:

FrouFrou 12-04-2007 12:12 AM

Just back to say, dinner was good. DD decided she wanted to go and I am glad...don't spend enough time with her either, lol. Also, I did a 4 mile walk, feeling good about that since I really didn't plan on doing anything today. So, tomorrow is WI...keeping my fingers crossed just for a no-gain week. :crossed: I will settle for that this week.

Nighty night all.

tommysgirl18 12-04-2007 12:42 AM

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, I have some good news on this end! Tommy got a call from the lady in charge of the computer training test that he took over this past weekend. She told him that the national average for the first part of the skills challenge was 70% and he got 85%! Then there was a second part of the skills challenge and the lady told him that the national average was 20% and he tripled it and got a 60%! She said that was awesome because the second part of the skills challenge were questions from the curriculum that they teach! So, he goes on Wednesday night for a 90 minute overview basically about the program. He will take it for 6 months and by the time he graduates, he will already have a job! There was a guy that took the class and started out at a job for $13/hr, then he jumped to $15/hr, then $17/hr….then he signed a contract making $71,000 a year! And after his 90 days it will go up to $77,000! So things are really looking up on that aspect!!!!

We are having the heating and cooling specialized maintenance guy come over in the morning. Our power went out at about lunch time on Monday….when it came back on the furnace wouldn’t come back on. It took me shutting off the switch in the closet AND the thermostat to get it to start back up after 10 minutes or so. Monday evening, it decided to do it all over again! So, we got it back up and running…..and Tommy called the office manager and told her that he thinks the furnace is on the outs and explained it to her. She said that she will send the guy over in the morning to check it out, and to call her back tonight if it goes out and she will bring over the space heaters.

Cristina~ Your welcome for the card! We didn’t get any more snow….thankfully! We had some slight flurries on Monday, but that was it!

jules1216 12-04-2007 12:42 PM

Quick pop in again--I am coming down with a flu/cold again. Hope everyone else is well!!

FrouFrou 12-04-2007 01:59 PM

Hiya ladies...

JULES...WTG on the pound! I saw your ticker, :bravo: Sorry about the cold, take care of yourself and get plenty of rest! :hug:

MINDEE...:CONGRAT'S to TOMMY! :woohoo: Sounds like a GREAT job. Hope you guys get the heater fixed and it stays fixed...don't need the heat quitting on you guys with three little ones!

SASSY...hope you are having a good day today!

Hi to everyone else! :wave: Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world.

Well, today was WI and I was worried...with Sunday being a bad eating day, and too much candy, ugh! Then to top it off going out to dinner last night. All in all it wasn't as bad as I expected, yippee! I was worried but I am down 1.6 pounds, woohoo to me! :lol: But I keep thinking, if I had eaten right Sunday it may have been more...oh well, I am happy with what I have so...

Went to Target this morning to pick up a few things. Spent way too much time in there. Not because I was doing a lot of shopping but as I was getting ready to go check out Josh called. So talked with him for a few minutes instead of heading to the check out line. I did get in my 2 mile WATP video before leaving though and am getting ready to walk 1 mile and do my weights and bike. Later this evening I am going to do the Denise Austin strength...I need to firm, lol. I think that is only 15 minutes. So depending on how long my mile walk is I will have about 90 mns. in today.

Have a great day ladies! Heading to change my stats. :)

tommysgirl18 12-04-2007 11:54 PM

hello ladies....how is every one doing?

we are doing great! the furnace is fixed! it needed a new line of some sort.....but it is working just great! the guy said to watch it for the next 24 hours and if it goes out again, then to call the office manager and she will bring over the heaters. then he will come back in the morning if it breaks again. it hasn't so I am not going to worry about it! he had turned it up to 88* to make sure that it was going to work right! I felt like I was melting away!!!

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice words!! We are extremely excited about it! We can't wait to find out more information about the classes! So, we won't know more until Wednesday night!

Jane~ Thanks for those exercises! I tried doing them where I lifted my leg up every time I did the repetition, but I couldn't feel the burn. So while I was waiting for Brandon to get comfortable in his bed, I did the exercises again but this time I held my leg up for as long as I could, and was able to get 30 of them with each leg before I felt like it was going to fall off!

I am also doing a push up challenge with a friend of mine. We are doing a head to head competition to see how many we can do each do for the entire week! I did 120 on Monday, and another 120 on Tuesday.

tommysgirl18 12-05-2007 12:13 AM

Cristina~ great job on the being down 1.6 pounds!

I am about to go step on the scale to see what my weight is.....

I am up 1.2 pounds this week......BUT AF is due this coming weekend, so I expected a raise in the scale.

Sassy_Chick 12-05-2007 12:54 AM

Hi Chicks.

Hi Girls.

Lastnight at work was not a pleasant one. lol. I am feeling better tonight, so far anyways. The night is still "young" for me. lol.

Anywho I did scope out some job possibilities. One was working for a Salon, being like the receptionist person and the other is for a Chiropractors Office, doing the same thing, one thing good about the Chiropractos Office is they said that you get free treatments. I am sure its the same at the Salon too. Just not sure if I am the type of person to work in a Beauty Salon. lol.

DH also spoke to his old boss from our college about me and he is looking into seeing if there are any available jobs. So I'd say that is pretty good progress for 24 hours. lol.

Not sure if my mom will be coming up this weekend or not, guess it depends on the weather because if we get what we're supposed to get, we're not going anywhere that isn't necessary and I'm sure my mom wouldn't want to be out in that stuff either.

No news yet on if I am working Christmas or not. Email was sent out today asking for Volunteers to work. Lets hope they get some. lol.

Well that is about all from end of the world.

Oh and if any of you have some Holiday Pictures, please email them to me. If you do not have my email, please PM me. ;)
I am doing a Holiday Project like I did for Halloween for the J.L's. I am doing it after the holidays because most of us will have our pictures after the holidays. The deadline is going to be Jan. 3rd, no exceptions, I'm sorry. I have to have time to put it together so pls have them to me by then and if you want to be included on the project, and you do not have pictures, please send me your email by then as well. :)

If you do not have any holiday photos, never fear, I plan on doing more projects after the holidays too, that is if you all would like me too. ;) Also remember your photos do not have to be for this year. You can use past holiday pictures, if you like. :)

Also if you would like to receive a holiday e-card from me (sorry but we don't have the $$ to buy cards and postage this year) :( Just PM me your email addy, if I don't have it already. ;)

Take Care All,

:hug:

tommysgirl18 12-05-2007 02:58 AM

Sassy~ I wasn't on here when you did the Halloween one....so what do you do for the projects? I would love to send some pictures, so I am going to send you my email address in a second.

FrouFrou 12-05-2007 11:37 AM

Hi ladies...

SASSY...sorry you had a bad day/night at work. Hope today is a better one for you. I will do the picture thing but...if someone else does too! ;) I thought others were going to share for the halloween project but it was just you and I...which was fine. I enjoyed the card/slideshow. Hope the weather doesn't get bad.

MINDEE...thank you! Oh, before I forget...I accidently deleted you from myspace, oopsie! I was reading the bulletin and thought it said Michelle but when I saw the picture I thought, that is not Michelle and I don't know who it is, lol. I didn't recoginize you and knew it wasn't Michelle. :doh: Again, though I thought it said Michelle...I thought I was awake, lol. So I sent a request-sorry. Yeah for getting heat again! And...to you for all those push-ups! Yowza lady...that's a lot and I am impressed! :bravo: I don't think I could do 5, lol!

Hi to everyone else:wave:

Nothing going on with me today.Going to get my exercise in and go to the show later.

Mom2Gaby 12-05-2007 02:25 PM

Good Morning

Cristina - :cheer2: Wow , on your weight loss. Congrats! You are a true inspiration to me. I feel like such a slacker next to you. My head swimming on who you think you might have deleted. lol

Sassy
- Love the photo project you are doing! I will try and get something included from this end.

Mindee - Great on the job front for Tommy! Hope all works out. I bet the kids are getting excited for Christmas to finally arrive!

ok, cutting and pasting from my myspace blog. I am on the run today so doing short cuts.

Hello to everyone!

myspace cut and paste

It is Dec 5th and I am busy with being a mother. Annoyed with Rach for her misbehavior and annoyed with Gab for wanting to eat a candy cane at 7:15 in the morning.
Gads girl.
Also she fibbed because I told her not to open the wrapper and that she needed to eat breakfast. Next thing I know she is licking her fingers and I say "what are you doing, what have you eaten"....and the weird thing is she doesn't lie. She boldly says "candy cane."
She is grounded. Period. Ain't messing around with a 5 1/2 year old anymore.
Rach is laying in bed missing 2nd period class, she promises to go to 5th period class. There is no 3rd. or 4th, I called the school , it is *block day* whatever the **** that means.
Becky minds when she gets her way. hmmm, actually they all mind when they get their way. I don't know why I am worried they will end up in prison.
So, lets chat about something else.
Weight!
Ugh
I am stuck now for weeks. I know. I need to exercise. *YAWN>> how boring. I had some scrambled eggs and a bagel for breakfast. I think that was ok. I need to go get some bottle water and start drinking a few 100oz's.
Speaking of eggs. I melted cheese on Gaby's and she had a fit. She wanted the cheese melted INSIDE and I did it on the outside, tsk, tsk.
You would think I tossed out all her beanie babies in the garbage for the way she carried on.
I finally told her fine she can go to school without eating and she can have cold eggs for a snack later on in the day. So, I got up from the table and took her plate to the sink and absentmindedly started eating her eggs. Yum, cheese.
Of course Gaby see's me and screams "I want to eat the eggs!!"
Whatever, make up your mind.
I better get busy. I have to run over to my mothers and pick up some tree decorations and go by the post office to put a change of address in so I can make sure I get my *kick back*....is that what you call it?? Kicking my *** tax kick back..........*argh. Anyway, it is money and I want it!! lol

FrouFrou 12-05-2007 05:47 PM

HIYA SUSAN! Long time, no see missy! Love that...ah, the joys of being a mother. You know Gaby makes me think of Josh, lol. He too was, and still is honest. I remember when DD had those freakin block days...never could keep up. You know, that post almost made it sound like I was trying to delete Michelle and deleted Mindee instead, yikes! That is NOT the case ladies. I promise! I thought it said Michelle but the picture wasn't her so I thought it might be some sort of spam. Geez, louise, I am confusing myself. :crazy: Yes, I am crazy! And a big THANK YOU Susan! :thanks: :hug: You are a sweetie!

Hi again to everyone else:wave:

Well, DD and I went to the show and now it is time for me to get some more walking in! Didn't get much done before I had to leave for the shower. So off I go...walk, walk, walk...just pick up those feet...nice, nice, nice! :D

Mom2Gaby 12-05-2007 09:38 PM

Hi Cristina!

I think I hit a mood where I just need to be quite. I have nothing to say and feel way too blah to contribute anything.

Not like I do know.....but I am back in my cheerful mood!! lol

Mindee and Michelle are kind of both blonde. I had to take a closer look with Mindee's new profile picture. I thought "who the **** got in here without being approved!"...awww, it was Mindee! I deleted Rach and all her friends that requested me. Can you imagine? I must be some hip mom. Anyway, cut them out because I want it to be my place where I can say anything without little eyes peering in.

Been working on Gab's November homework packet. The teacher asked for it today. I guess I was hoping she would forget. lol - Dang.

anyway, thinking of doing a little dinner party for Christmas. I guess I should go work on the menu and plan on some shopping! I want it to be perfect and I think it will because......I watch Martha Stewart, don't you know?? lol

hugs to all of you!

Sassy_Chick 12-05-2007 10:43 PM

Hi Chicks.

Hi Chicks.

Been Busy, Busy, Busy here at work. I am hoping that is starting to slow down now........(keeping :crossed:) Oh and the guy here at work who listened to me when I totally broke down here at work? He is really looking into what is going on with Dayshift. So I feel like I have a person to go too now and he is sorta our "Sudo Supervisor". He isn't in title or anything, but he was moved to Days and since then has been doing A LOT for us, because our actual boss is WAY too busy and doesn't know one iota about our job. lol. This guy does -- he used to do my job. ;)

Mindee -- I have a program that anybody can get from Hallmark.com, called Smilebox. It has lots of neat ecard designs and you can add your own personal pictures and if you pay for the premium, you can add your own music as well. ;) Just a little something I put together.

Cristina -- Yeah tonight is better (so far) even though I've been busy. lol. Yeah I know it was just you and me who participated, I think most people were just curious on what it was I was doing! lol. So if we don't get more than one person this time, Then I won't do it anymore. I enjoy it, but its not worthwhile unless everybody wants to join in. ;)

Suzy Q -- Thanks. I have a lot of fun with the photo project but like I said to Cristina above, unless I get more than one participate, this will be the last. That is why I came over to this thread and thought maybe you ladies might be more interested. Plus give others a change to join in. :) Aw the trials and tribulations of being a mother.......:love: I was just talking to my mom tonight about when I was little..........hee hee.........

Well we got snow. Lastnight and some today. Didn't amount to much, but of course everybody here **flips out** over a few flakes. lol. DH drove me in, the roads were just fine, but he was concerned about when I get off in the AM. Isn't he sweet? :love: He did the grocery shopping. He got me more of my light meals and some other things I wanted. He is also making his lasanga, he makes a lot so we can freeze it and have it later on. So yes I am splurging on that and probably not worrying too much about eating with DH's bday being next week and the holidays coming up. Will just try to not over-do it. ;)

My mom and I decided that we'll just wait to have her come up, maybe for Christmas, depending on the weather and if we're off or not. If not then, we'll get together eventually. Meantime there is IM, email and Phone! :)

Big :hug: