3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127920-back-kindergarten-33-a.html)

tommysgirl18 12-15-2007 01:58 AM

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, we are trying to find other ways for Tommy to get the loans that he needs to get into school. I told him to look into grants and see if he can get those for schooling. the lady called him Friday afternoon, and said that for some reason his brother's information wasn't good enough either. (his brother always pays his bills either on time or early.....so we are trying to figure that one out!)

I am trying to get through my email really quickly since we are going to be getting up really early to take the kids to have breakfast with Santa. Marissa has been a little terror to go to bed.....and so has Brandon for that matter. Marissa has gotten into the sympathy crying stage. She started crying Friday evening when Logan started crying. And then she started crying when Brandon got up this last time. (and on a side note......anybody that sees AF, can you PLEASE send her here! she was due here last Saturday and has yet to show up. We are chalking up her lateness to being under stress.......so PLEASE send her our way!)

Cristina~ I am not letting him give up! He was worried Thursday night about "what if I can't find a job after I graduate?" I asked him why he was second guessing himself.....and so we had a discussion on that. He was all set for school, and then boom! he gets the call that his second option for a co-signer didn't work out. A friend of ours is going to school to become a surgical technician, and she received some grants to go to school. So, I mentioned those to him a while ago! Plus, Friday he got information from a local college and a course catalog basically for the jobs that she specialize in. And he was looking through there.

We are having a get together for the godparents next Friday night! So, we have to try and figure out what we are going to serve and what not. We are going to make cd's with pictures of the kids on them for the godparents. Then the next get together we will be hosting will be New Year's Eve.

SuzyQ~ I hope we get some kind of good news on the $$ issues for his schooling! It is a great opportunity and with each passing day (and each passing let down) he is slowly giving up on it.

Sassy~ Me and Tommy are the same way. When I was pregnant with the kids, he always told me "you don't need the stress and worry, so let me do it" That doesn't mean that I didn't have a little bit of worry here and there. But now that we are back into financial situations we are both worrying about things.

Cristina~ We are suppose to be getting snow starting Saturday afternoon. It is suppose to start out as a light flow, and then pick up into a heavy snow Saturday night. We are suppose to get between 6 to 12 inches.

Jules~ She is getting really big! We got rid of our walker after Logan outgrew it, so Marissa hasn't been in one. I have been looking out in the local freecycles to see if anybody locally has one. That sounds like how things would happen! Get out all your warm coats and hats, and make sure the tractor is gassed up! LOL

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! I am not going to let him give up....for once I am refusing to let him give up on something. That is great that your hubby made a rack so that you could still work out even if the weather is cooperating!

Sassy~ I hope your FIL's leg/sores get better soon!

RosieKate 12-15-2007 09:35 AM

Sorry I haven't been posting...it's been pretty busy around here as you can imagine. Kept Leigh home yesterday as her asthma is acting up. I need to go giver her the "puffs" here pretty soon.

She went for her well child checkup a couple of days ago and other than the asthma, she's doing great! The doc cautioned me about her BMI; said it was a little high, but that she has a big head and a very solid structure...just "something to be aware of" was the way she put it. She's a really good pediatrician and I know she's just doing her job. There's a push to educate parents about BMI in kids now because of the rise in childhood obesity. I couldn't help wondering if she said that because L is a girl. James had the same stats at the same age and there were no cautions. It was 5 years ago and people weren't as freaked out about kids and obesity...so I guess I am just looking for trouble, eh ;) I'm a little snarky this morning, lol...

will try to get back later today ...have a good one ladies!

jules1216 12-15-2007 12:59 PM

Katy--I think little miss Leigh is adorable!! The Easter picture is so cute!!

Mindee--the contractions stopped but the tractor is ready just in case;)

Sassy--:hug: to you and hubby

Sue-she's glad she got the phone back but upset now about the $50 deductable for the new phone. Ry has friends in Las Vegas & Eugene OR. Both want him to come out to see them and possibly stay. He says he would get in trouble in LV and I think if he goes to OR he won't be back. His friend that just got back from Iraq is going to be stationed in Washington state.

Well, ther weather is suppossed to start around 4 this afternoon, I am hoping for more snow than freezing rain & sleet.

Mom2Gaby 12-15-2007 02:20 PM

Good Morning -

On the fly!

Katy - Leigh is adorable! Thanks for the egreeting, great pictures! Curious where the woodsy ones were taken,so pretty!
Gab is 4'2 and 80 pounds. She is a little chunky but I think she will out grow that, especially is she stays active. There wasn't enough enrolled for the Spanish class (they needed 10 and only had 3) so I am thinking basketball if I can get her enrolled in time.I know I saw the flyer weeks ago.

Sassy -
:hug::celebrate::hb::woo: Happy Belated to your sweetie! I forgot my mothers last month. lol She was pretty cool for awhile until she just told me......yikes. Hugs to you and your family. :)

Jules
All rebels come to Oregon - haha. Rach is my little shadow these days.She is still sleeping in bed and we will probably hit the mall in a bit. Beck is going with her BF to a movie. Great that Teri got her phone back!

Sue Stay safe in the storm! It is free time and the clock is ticking. I managed to gt my car lubed this morning so feel good about that. Would really like to do something with this hair too! Hugs to you!

Cristina You stay safe too! Egads on the 6 miles, once in a life time thing for sure! lol,,,,,,,,I would be so sore. Course I am not in shape like you!
I sat down with M last night regarding the homework and showed him what still needed geting done. He goes "this is a lot of work,don't you think you can take 10 mintues at night and get it done? " I waved him away like a fly and said "could you try and get some of this done??" I think he was going to almost say "this is going to take away from Gab's and my weekend" BooHoo....It ain't disneyland Mon thru Fri. I never get fun with Gaby like he does. Also, I asked him to buy her a pair of socks and he said no can do, he has no money. BS, he just picked up his paycheck and is a week late on child support. He mailed it in late and when I asked again he said it came back because he forgot to sign. Ya, right. If you are going to lie at least make it semi reasonable.

*argh..........

k- off I go to enjoy my misery! lol

Hugs to all!!

tommysgirl18 12-15-2007 05:38 PM

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, today started out as a good day!

Today was the kids Christmas party for the campground that we met at. We took the kids, and they had a blast! Well, Logan did until it was his turn to go and sit on Santa’s lap. (if you want to see the pics I will post them) Brandon got a bug vacuum from Santa, Logan got a T-Ball set from Santa, and Marissa got a spinning ball toy and a little phone from Santa. We have another kids Christmas party tomorrow, but Tommy is worried about what will happen tomorrow!

On the way home from the party is when the day went down the tubes! We pulled out of the gas station after getting gas, and basically got T-Boned by some stupid lady! She claimed that she was pulling into the Big Boy that is right there, and then once every thing got cleared up with the police, she pulled out of the parking lot and off she went. So, she lied about where she was going! The police officer asked Tommy to explain what happened, and once he took a breath, the lady opened her mouth and basically told the police officer that it was all Tommy’s fault! She claimed that Tommy pulled out without even looking in the turn lane. She wasn’t even in the turn lane at the time to turn into Big Boy! She turned into the turn lane to bypass every body that was sitting in the lanes. She had to have been doing at least 45, because she hit us so hard that it knocked us out of the turn lane and into traffic!

She told the police officer that she stepped on the breaks, and then “slid” into us. I will post some pictures and you tell me if she “slid” into him or not. Tommy got a ticket for failing to yield to oncoming traffic, but the lady was no where in site when he pulled out! I didn’t even see her until the last second when I told Tommy to watch out and before he could she plowed into us. She was in the turn lane long before she needed to be, she was using it to drive past the other cars who had been waiting for the traffic light to change.

So, the police officer told Tommy that since he hasn’t had any tickets or accidents on his record that he could see, then to call the court and to make a court date to fight the ticket. He told him to fight the ticket and since his record has been clear for the past three years or more, that he has a very good chance that the judge will just dismiss the case. I told Tommy to make sure that we have a sitter that day, and I will go to court with him since I was the only witness that stuck around.

We are doing good……Tommy is taking a nap right now to calm his nerves. The kids all seem to be good. Nobody has complained of anything hurting them. My back and neck are hurting them, but I am so thankfully that nobody in the van was hurt badly.

Right now, the boys are fighting over the bug vacuum.....there is no way in heck that we are bringing in the t-ball set!

RosieKate 12-15-2007 08:03 PM

Hi all

Well, I made it back...I'm sipping on some Two-Buck Chuck and enjoying life in general. The day has just flown by! The kids had a rehearsal for the Christmas play at church this a.m. Big performance is tomorrow. Fortunately, neither kid has any lines; James is a wise man...which of course means he's silent ;) Leigh and I did a little Christmas shopping. She decided to make bags as presents so we went to Michael's and bought some tote bags and fabric paint. Going to put her handprints on them, the date and have her sign her name in fabric paint...easy and cheap. The big news here is my dad asked permission to buy the kids a Wii for Christmas. We are seeing him on Saturday so I don't know how successful he will be at getting one in a week, but where there's a will there's a way, I guess. We usually don't allow game systems just because we really limit screen time, but we decided to make an exception. My son isn't going to see it coming and will probably pee his pants -- for reals this time, lol! He really really wants one and he really thinks he's never going to get one.

Susan--that homework is insane...who in their right mind expects a 5 year old to do that much...much less make up sick days. It's crazy..transfer her to our school! Leigh would be thrilled! BTW - Leigh will also be taking basketball starting in January...maybe they'll have the same class. I think you are right about the girls growing out of the chunky stage. Leigh doesn't eat much junk food and is moderate in every thing else. She's a pretty active kid. I think she got weighed right before a growth spurt. Both kids tend to plump up a bit right before they shoot up.

Sassy- thanks for the e-card --it was so pretty! I realized I got your name wrong ...I have it corrected now. Love that pic of you and your hubby.

Sue - thanks also to you for your e-card it was very lovely, my daughter kept wanting me to replay it :)

Mindee- so glad you are all alright. You should all get checked out, sometimes muscles strain injuries don't kick in until 72 hours after an accident. Don't ask how I know this. When it happened to us, we got an attorney who worked on a contingency. The guy who t-boned us took it to court and lost. we didn't make big bucks but we did get a settlement and our medical bills paid. We both had to have physical therapy for cervical and lumbar strain...so don't ignore those aches and pains, ok?

Cristina - 6 miles? I am in awe..you are kicking butt. I haven't given any thought to our Christmas dinner yet..guess I better get moving. It's only us this year. No guests as yet, so I'm inclined to go with pizza :)

Jules - TY about the pics - they were fun to put together. I'm glad Teri found her phone - what a relief. Hope you get some snow instead of ice..

Guess that's all for now...I need to get dinner going. Hope everyone is having a good weekend...

FrouFrou 12-15-2007 08:12 PM

Hello ladies...

MINDEE...definitely post the pictures and I would fight the ticket too! Glad you guys didn't get hurt. Terrible end to a nice day though huh? You know sitting here typing this there is a commercial on about student loans...it's astrive dotcom...don't know if I can put a link here for that or not but htought I would mention it. Glad Tommy isn't giving up.

SUSAN...damn M! he needs to pay! And yeah, the 6 miles will most likely not ever be again, lol. Who knows though. Me in shape, lol! Well, I am getting there...I can't believe the muscle! Feels good!

KATY...thanks for the e-card/slide show...loved the parade Get A Life, lol! And such a nice looking family! Thanks for sharing!

SASSY...sorry about FIL and MIL...I bet a visit will make their day for sure. Thanks you too for the e-card!

JULES...ha, I think if it were me I would keep the new phone, lol. The tractor story is funny, I can just see you guys, lol. Hopefully you don't get the ice too bad. HAPPY BIRHTDAY to you tomorrow! I won't be on the computer so thought I would say it now! :hb: :balloons:

SUE...and THANK YOU too! stay safe and warm!

We got the four letter word today, ick! Too much snow but it is supposed to be warm and will melt some tomorrow.

Got my exercise done...85 mns. Sometimes I don't want to do it but once I start I feel better and want to keep going, weird.

Anyway, gotta go cook dinner, I know a late one for sure. Then some more posting, lol. Have a great rest of the weekend ladies! I plan to ;)

FrouFrou 12-15-2007 09:35 PM

HIya Katy!

I am trying to kick butt anyway, lol. What's funny is I have noticed a difference in the behind, it's getting smaller, woohoo! I only make a menu out so I know what to get at the grocery store. Instead of getting it all at one time I tend to get a little bit over a few weeks, weird I know, lol. It works for me. Hey, pizza sounds good to me! Josh's GF said her mother told them it was either italian or mexican for Christmas dinner this year...nothing wrong with that. Anywho...going to eat some of my chicken salad (fixed the family goulash) and read some threads. Hope your dad is able to get a WII for the kids...it would be worth it to see their faces, and if James pees his pants, lol...kidding of course. Enjoy the performance tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a busy day...it's normally my free day but I will be up early to do my Richard Simmons video...it's not too hard or long so might as well do something. Going to straighten up the house some and then get ready for Jasons Bachelor ceremony and Josh and his GF coming over for dinner after...ha, Katy we are doing pizza for that. Then cake and ice cream after...don't worry chickies...it will be a very small slice and serving of ice cream. Have a good one!

Sassy_Chick 12-15-2007 10:21 PM

Halloooooooo Chicks

Hi Ladies.

Well we got some snow, not a lot but some and its supposed to continue along with Ice and all that lovely stuff. DH is going to see how the weather is and if it is looking bad then he is just going to stay in a hotel room. (Our co. provides hotel rooms in inclement weather) I packed him a bag so he'd have clean clothes in case he has to stay. My mom is staying at her work, she doesn't like driving at night normally, but with this kind of weather, she'd rather not risk it and I'd rather her be there with people anyways than be alone in bad weather.

DH got a call from a family member while he was at work, asking him help with a broken computer, DH explained to them that he was working, but they kept on going with their computer problem. Eventually DH just hung up, but it really ticked him off and me too. Its one thing to call someone while they are working, not knowing they are, but after they tell you, all that has to be said is "oh sorry, just give me a call when you can." But no he just kept talking. Just annoying really. That is why it totally stinks to be known as the "computer guy" or whatever profession you do because that is the only reason people bother to call you. Infact my cousin asked my husband a computer question at my grandfather's funeral! I am like come on people! Geesh. lol. Okay I'm off my :soap: now. Sorry. lol.

Well some good news, I know amazing, right, good news from me? lol. DH came home this morning with two gifts from our friends, they did remember, he just was so pouty thinking people forgot his bday and didn't go over their house, so they had to wait until they saw him yesterday at work. He got a Tommy Hilfinger Wallet and some cologne that smells good, its called Grey Flannel? Never heard of it before but it does smell good.
I told DH I hope our friends did not get us anything for Christmas because we couldn't afford to get them anything. :(

YVW all for the ecard. It wasn't much, but as I said before limited fundage so I took advantage of the little program I have and used it. :)

Mindee -- I agree with Katy, get checked out, even if you feel okay now. That is what happened to me too. I got hit head on and after wards felt okay because I was still in shock, when I got to work, it hit me and I felt like the car ran over me personally. I never did go to the ER like I should have and now I have the spinal injury that I will have forever from that accident and I was young and stupid and didn't get any respsentation and basically got screwed big time. This guy had a history, a bad one, later after it was too late, my uncle found this all out. If I had taken him to court, he probably would have had the book thrown at him, because he had several DUI's and accidents from that. So I say even if you just make an appt with your family dr or go to a medical clinic, get checked out.

Cristina -- Wanna hear something funny? When my friends and I were still in school, we created this "group" to work out together and to talk about our problems too. Well we would alternate houses and whenever we went to my one friend's house we always did Richard Simmons and it was always so fun. Her brother would watch us and make fun of us. lol.

Jules -- Sharing in some of our crappy weather?? lol. I hope its not too bad for ya. Happy Early Birthday!!! :bday2you: :bday2:

Suzy Q -- Thanks. DH did get presents lastnight at work and so he's happy now. lol. Men........Just like little kids. lol. Sorry your ex is being a butt. lol. Hope he gets you some $$. ;)

Katy -- NP. I am terrible with names. At work I have a pad of paper and a pen so as soon as I know the name of the person talking to me I write it down -- otherwise I totally forget! lol. Good Luck to the little performers, or should I say, "break a leg" lol. Wow a Wii!! Cool...........:)

Sue -- TY and that was sweet of your DH to make a rack for your bike. :) Our "hatches" are battened down too. lol. People are acting like its the end of the world here. lol. Lets hope its not that bad. lol.

Well chicks I have not been good. :no: I had Tater Tots lastnight and I had Chips and Dip today. lol. What is wrong with me? lol. I have healthy meals in the freezer but just do not want them. Wed. night at work a co-worker offered to buy pizza and I ate 3 slices of that! :fr: I think I need to go shovel some snow for people or something and burn all this crap off. lol!!! :snow4:

Well I hope you all are keeping safe and warm. :flame:

:hug:

tommysgirl18 12-16-2007 02:14 AM

Katy~ I mentioned to Tommy that my back was hurting, but since neither me nor him have medical insurance right now. I wasn’t sure about getting checked out. I am going to do a quick search to see if there are any free clinics in our area. I know of one, that is where we take the kids when their pediatrician’s office is closed. I think Tommy owes them money from his last visit. So, I am not sure how much it is going to cost just to go in there and get checked out.

Cristina~ I will head over and post the pictures in a second. We have another kids Christmas party at Tommy’s lodge on Sunday, but he is afraid to go out because he doesn’t know what else could happen. (Friday he got turned down on the financial aid, then on Saturday we got into the accident) Thanks for that link. I will tell him about it on Sunday. He applied at a local college about possibly taking some culinary arts classes. (that is his first passion) So, maybe we will get farther on that then the computers.

Jules~ Happy Birthday to you!!!

Sassy~ I checked the kids to make sure that they didn’t have anything on them. When we got into the accident when I was pregnant with Logan, Brandon ended up with strap marks on his chest from the impact.

Since the accident, we will be staying where we are living now, and buying yet another van with our income taxes. The drivers door is wasted, there is no salvaging it what’s so ever. There really wasn’t that much damage to the side, most of it was on Tommy’s door. So, I am thankful about that, because Logan sits right behind Tommy, and Marissa is right next to Logan.

tommysgirl18 12-16-2007 02:38 AM

here is the way to check out the pictures from the Christmas party:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v257/tommysgirl18/Christmas%202007%20pictures/

and here is the way to check out the damage on the van:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...an%20pictures/

you will more then likely be asked for a guest password...type in brandon and you will be good to go

tommysgirl18 12-16-2007 01:33 PM

just checking in to make sure that everybody is staying warm! we are snowed in so we can't take the kids to the other Christmas party, but that is okay.

Mom2Gaby 12-16-2007 04:14 PM

Hey all -

Just popping in for a sec! I was down a pound this morning! Hee Haw. I will change it tomorrow if it holds.

Mindee - How scary with the kids in the car! All my car accidents (only 2 - sheesh - lol ) have been with just me. I would be sick if anything happened to my children. Hugs!

Cristina - You have to be in shape! Your butt says it all :D!! I am achy all the time, I am not walking enough.

Katy - Can she transfer?? I like L's school better. R (the school) is so uppity. We'll see how much Gab's father has gotten done. What is 2 buck chuck?? btw - this guy that I have been getting to know has a good friend w/ kids at your school. His (the friend) son is in 3rd and the father is in a wheelchair (??) sound familiar?? blah - chatter - ...lol

Sassy!! Thank you so much for the egreeting! Very well done! What a talented lady you are :D I am glad hubby got some gifts!!

I have to go.......*wah. I went to the mall this morning and had fun looking and getting some great deals. Went to Sephora (make up store) and did my make up. I looked awesome....... where else can you look like a whore at 9am??? I did my hair yesterday and it feels sooooo much better. I hadn't been since last May and she gushed how great I looked and I had lost soooo much weight. So, ya. That boosted my spirts........and omg ,,,,I bought a bra and the Girls are back up where they should be!! Looks like cones....hehe;)

later!!

Mom2Gaby 12-16-2007 04:19 PM

:woo::bday2you:Happy Birthday Missy Jules!! Hope you have a great day!! Love ya! :bday2you::celebrate:

jules1216 12-16-2007 08:45 PM

SuzyQ--I got some Sephore makeup for Teri one year for Christmas--she really liked it. I would like to go have my makeup done sometime--I just don't wear it and don't know where to even start. I wear black eyeliner, black mascara & lip gloss. Ryan is definitely a rebel--I think he will love OR, so I will be out your way if he decides to stay.

Mindee--I am so glad you and the kids weren't hurt. I do agree with everyone else though--I ended up with a bad neck injury that I didn't realize I had at first until it got so bad I couldn't turn my head at all--spent lots of time with the chiropractor and still get stiff in the same spot. We got rain & ice and now we have terrible winds. The ice melted pretty quick today. Teri said it wasn't too bad where she lives which is a half an hour away from me and my mom says they only got rain and she is only about 15 minutes from Teri.

Sassy--I can sympathize with you and your hubby. Mine works on cars and is really handy at fixing pretty much anything that has a motor. He says he does have other interests that he likes to talk about.

Cristina--you are doing so great at your exercising!! I have some Richard Simmons vhs videos--I could never do them when the klds were here--they would make mne laugh too much.

Well the kids came over. Dave made me cheese manicotti & cheesecake and baked a cake--we kept a little and sent the leftovers back to their house. The kids burned me some cd's--it's fun listening to them. I have to say my son knows me really well. Teri does too, the best song she downloaded was Heath Ledger signing "Can't take My Eyes off of You" from the movie "10 Things I Hate About You".