Old 11-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #16  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up dawn of Day 2...

Hi all. It's the begin of Day 2. I am tired already of the challenges...lol. Don't worry. I'm committed if I can. If only this itching would get better. It is driving me nuts! i had gone to a doctor but they just treat the symptoms, don't find the cause. It started with my horrible stressful job. I had it once before, during an unusually stressful relationship. With all the things I do, I don't see how I can NOT be affected in some way. Thus I am trying to eat clean and deal with things better emotionally as well. Sigh. It's times like this, when all the effort just seems to make things worse, that I do wonder what's going on. In any case, yesterday was not difficult because I was home. Going to work is the problem.

Sigh. My weight is way up again. I don't know why. I don't care. I am going to focus on my efforts.

Wish me luck.

Shy -- Thanks for the encouragement. Again, I will try your advice of stepping back and getting things in perspective. That is why I included pats on the back in my challenge. I am very hard on myself always anyhow but now I am in an environment where the criticism from the outside is VERY harsh as well. Even though I understand the harm in that, I don't have the ability to fight it off constantly and it is wearing me down. The office, riding, both are VERY harsh environments. In both we have had people go into severe depression and have to leave. I wish I had something that could help me balance this...like a nice relationship...but, alas!, none. Well, Shy, Ms. Slobola , we have much in common there. I very much understand your need to keep task-oriented. Your challenges sound pretty tough to me too. Oh, and I can't believe anyone would poo-poo your weight loss. Incredible! You have the right attitude. How do they think weight comes off? Sounds like you could take a good 8 lbs off (as in their head) and it wouldn't matter, eh? Congrats!

dj -- It's good to see you in here. Well, I know how not deciding on a challenge feels. And, yes, you know me! I am always better at the hard things than the easy. I am a masochist at heart. Hope you find something to your liking soon. All the time I was challengeless I was actually working on things, just didn't want to/couldn't do them every day. So, the ground work has been laid. Now it's time to hit those nails on the head!

Nikki -- Good to see you back! Welcome back! It's been a tough time for you. I hope you can come back and keep us company real soon. And that is wonderful that people didn't recognize you because of your weight loss. Wow!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-26-2007 at 03:52 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #17  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

red
You just keep going on, you are in the right direction. Stress is a cause of lots of physical problems. I no longer have much stress. Made me depressed and I itched all the time. I hate to itch lol. My stress is that I am sick of sitting at home with nothing to do. A person can only clean house so many times. No work around here worth having. Heck it is cheaper for me to stay home than to work for min wage and that is just about all that is around here unless you can drive a truck or you are a nurse. In some professions people have to have thick skin, it is the only way they can cope with the job. You might want to pick one thing for your challenge like, only one snack a day. Just stick with that until you can get the stress under control. Sounds like you need a different kind of job. You just can't live with a job making you sick.

Nikki
Situations like that can be very stressful and at the same time very nice to see family and friends and to see all the love out pouring. You did great with your weight. Now, I know things will be hard for awhile but you are home and can get back in you routine. Sometimes routines are good, they help us cope.

dj
Sounds like you had so much fun . Lets see, going down a hill at high speed on two sticks. Naaaaa not for me lol. 1lb a week is better than 1lb a month I guess lol.

Day 8
All challenges met

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-26-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #18  

Hey all. Red, good luck with the challenges. And with feeling better. I understand how stress can mess with all of the rest of your health. I hope you get your article done and get that YOU time you deserve. DJ, Shy, hello Nikki - glad to see you back. We were thinking of you. Congrats on the dress, even under the circumstances.

Well, I met all of my challenges, even did my 2nd workout of the day, except for the food challenge. I used my last pause I have to kick it in gear here.

Have a good night all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #19  
Never give up

Thumbs up Day 2 is a goner!

Day 1 was Monday, Nov. 26
Today was Tuesday, Nov. 27

1) Did I record everything I put in my mouth?
Yes!

2) Did I steer clear of processed foods, sugar and alcohol?
Yes!

3) Did I allow myself only morning coffee and one tea in the afternoon?
Yes!

4) Did I eat healthy foods, whole grains, fruit, vegetables, brown rice and get adequate protein?
Yes!

5) Did I get in exercise of some kind, either riding, the gym or "intentional walking?"
Yes! Rode today. And going there entails a lot of walking.

6) Did I weigh myself in the morning?
Yes! I was 72.0 kgs!! What's going on?!?!?

7) Did I give myself numerous pats on the back and words of praise at my efforts?
Yes! I did it for riding too today, always a downer with my strict teacher. And I did it with the day in general, whenever I found myself beating on myself. I am surprised at how often that has become. I don't really understand why.

8) Did I keep largely to a 6-meal pattern of about 400-100-400-100-400-100 calories spaced out evenly over the day?
Yes! Again, it's not exact, but the whole idea of this is new and very hard, so I'm allowing myself leeway.

8 out of 8??? YES!!

Day No. 2 is complete. Yo!

Well, peops. It wasn't easy, but I got through another day, a work day at that. Later all!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-27-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #20  
Rennie

Red
That is WONDERFUL you just keep with it. One day at a time. Tomorrow will get here soon enough don't worry about it. Yesterday is over, don't worry about it either.

Jolly
Glad you are doing well. I am always around just chat so much I forgot to post my day that one day lol.

Day 9
All challenges met.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-27-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ok, I'm back. I've been trying to figure out just what to do for challenges. I keep trying to use what worked for me before, but it's just not happening right now. Maybe that means I need to try something new? For now, I'm going to keep it simple and keep searching for something that "clicks" with me. So, starting tomorrow.....

Drink glass of water before all meals - Level 3
Incorporate an extra 10 minutes per day of exercise - Level 3

I already workout pretty much daily (6 days a week) for about an hour, but I want this to be an extra mini workout. Something like a 10 minute walk or bike ride, lifting weights, even scrubbing a wall! Anything that gets me doing something extra each day. I'd start today, but I just thought of the water challenge so tomorrow it will be.

Red - I'm so glad to see you back at it and doing well!

Nikki - Welcome back! Hope to hear more from you soon.

Hi Shy & Jolly!

I'll try to talk more tomorrow. Time to get my little one down for his nap.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #22  
Never give up

Talking Day 3 is behind me!!!

Today was Wednesday, Nov. 28

Yes!

Yes! And this wasn't easy. So many times I almost threw out the invitation to others to go "for just one." But, I thought, nah, it's so early in my challenge, I don't want to sound like I can't do it! Also, after the gym in the morning, I passed a shop and then went in to buy those..you know...glazed round things...for some of the crew at work. They were happy. I had NOTHING!!

Yes! Actually, I didn't even have any caffeine in the afternoon. I had some coffee replacement (grain beverage stuff) and didn't even remember I hadn't had tea till late and it was too late then or I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

4) Did I eat healthy foods, whole grains, fruit, vegetables, brown rice and get adequate protein?
Yes!

5) Did I get in exercise of some kind, either riding, the gym or "intentional walking?"
Yes! Dragged myself to the gym. Did weights and a bit on the bicycle. In the late afternoon did a loop of "intentional walking," which means I left the office and went for a brisk walk as a break, not at all tied to anything, JUST for the exercise.

Yes! I was 71.2 kgs. A bit of the bloat seems to be leaving...is it bloat? Still, I am 2 kgs over my Hong Kong goal....sigh, forget the goal...just focus on the efforts.

7) Did I give myself numerous pats on the back and words of praise at my efforts?
Yes! Actually, not as many as the other days. It's easy to forget. But, I was not beating myself up. My body seems to be holding onto the weight something fierce, but it's gotta budge!

8) Did I keep largely to a 6-meal pattern of about 400-100-400-100-400-100 calories spaced out evenly over the day?
Yes!

8 out of 8??? YES!!

Day No. 3 is complete. Yes!!!!

Sorry, people, no time to talk. Just wanted to get this in. Later!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-28-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #23  
Rennie

Red
You are doing great. Don't worry about yesterday. Hey I don't look 20 anymore and no matter how much I worry about it I still won't look 20 lol. Yesterday is yesterday that is where it should stay. I switched to decaf tea. I really had to get rid of the caffeine because it was messing with my tummy terribly. Won't keep you awake either, you should try it.

Everyone seems to be doing great.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-28-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #24  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default DAY 2 (Redux for Aimin-Time)

Howdy Gals! Sorry I have been MIA since last week. NOt having a computer at home (that is functional) is killing me!

Well, I blew it! I totally was awful over the holiday weekend although I don't know how much of it counted against me as I was pre-dot...usually that gives me some lee-way for damage. It isn't the sweets that are my vice at all. I am a salty crunchy carb fiend and... This will resonate well with what Red said...I have a lot of love for beer/wine and cocktails. In fact, I would say that I am angelic during the week and bat-out-of hellish most weekends.

In keeping with the rules of the game, I am therefore resetting myself back to day 2 because yesterday I ate angelically and today ( I am very proud of myself for this) I woke up at 6:00 a.m., cleaned my house for a warmup, did a total body workout on the total gym for an hour and I have eaten cleanly all day.

OH and I was at Old Navy the other day and I tried on a pair of pants in a size 10 regular, but they were kind of loose in the gut and butt and they are touted as being " stretch" so I naturally put them back on the rack and got a size 8 and figured it was good. Not so... I got home and put on the pants to find they wouldn't even button so I had to take them back and exchange them for the 10's ... BUMMER

So essentially I need to live off of beets and carrots until my Christmas formal on December 15 if I am to do any justice to that green satin gown my mom made me. Wish me luck!!!

I need to go back and read all of the posts to catch up on everyone. I will write more later- promise!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #25  
Rennie

aimin
You still stayed with it a bit nice going. Oh a dress your mother made. Girl, you better be able to wear that thing lol. You just get back on track and I am sure everything will be fine. I don't drink anymore but darn if fried foods isn't something that calls my name. I just scream I HAVE CHANGED MY NAME lol.

My gosh what day is this let me check

Day 10
All challenges met barely. I just wanted to eat and eat today. I made up a batch of suger free jello ( not sure how that is possible i thought the stuff was sugar and food coloring lol ) and fat free cool whip. My gosh is it good and doesn't count as much of anything lol.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #26  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Day 3

Thanks Shy! I needed that encouragement. It is UBER frustrating because I am on the "dot" right now and I weighed this morning and it shows that I am up four freaking pounds ...It could be water weight from the dot and salty eating so I am going to leave my ticker until next Thursday. If it isn't gone by then, I will raise my ticker....Ugggh... It had better be gone then or I will be one bummy chummy...

Well, today I got up at 6:00 a.m. and let Shaun T ( Hip Hop Abs) kick me around on his 40 minute total body burn. Is it a bad sign when you are sore IMMEDIATELY following a workout? LOL!!! How out of shape am I? Geez...

It is kind of dead today at the office so maybe I will burn some calories cleaning out all of the boxes, boards and general stuff my coworkers like to stick in here! LOL!!! On stilettos that should be a workout in and of itself, right? I hope everyone else is having an awesome day!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #27  
Never give up

Thumbs up Day 4 out the door!

Today was Thursday, Nov. 29

Yup.

Did it. I have been doing this for over a month now but not as a challenge. It used to be very difficult but I've gotten used to it. Hurrah!

Yes. Had tea in the afternoon. I used to go out for coffee at Tully's nearly every day. What an expense! This has really saved there as well.

Yes. I've found a good way, though it's pretty expensive, to get around the problem of not being able to bring all my food from home and that is using the supermarket for prepackaged boiled veggie mixes and eating that over brown rice. Easy to make at work, heat in the microwave and eat at my desk. Sigh. Had cottage cheese with salsa mixed in yesterday. It's good!

Yes. Rode before work. Had a good lesson! And then I got off the train early on the way home from work and walked a good 50 mins. home...AND I did not stop for any food in the convenience store (of which there are MANY.)

Yeah. I was 71.4 kg. I am not going to worry. I am just going to keep going, bit by bit, focusing on what I do, not on the results, at least not for now. Later, if I'm not losing I will assess and regroup. Yeah!

I think I did. I did NOT beat myself up. Hurrah!

Yes. This is bizarre, but I am getting used to it. I may be hungry but not falling into the craving mode either.I like it. It's just a bit bothersome to be "feeding" myself so often.

8 out of 8??? YES!!

Day No. 4 is complete. Yes!!!!

aimin -- Hey there! Good to have you back. Heh, I was groaning about my weight for the same reasons last week and while I will say that I haven't lost as much as I was hoping for after the pms bloat, I will say it is better and makes more sense. But I also think I was so bummed out that I did eat more than I should have. If I had just had faith in my efforts I would have been singing a happier tune right now. Stick it out and don't be a "bummy chummy!" Um, on the challenge rules, I don't know if I understood correctly, but I think you just have to plum start over. You don't reset. Nothing is carried over. But I may have read you wrong....cough...cough. In any case, good to have you back! Just stick with us this time! Oh, and Ms. Bat Out of ****, yes, hear you loud and clear on the angelic/demon change. I am allowing myself this at some point. I can not eat when I drink but the drinking always goes to excess. But, it's great, the socializing/craziness. But, I am cutting out the "just ones which lead to three" and the times that aren't very fun or crazy. I do love my all-or-nothing attitude and that's what makes tough challenges doable, BUT I am not allowing all the other little slipups that creep into my days, the ones that don't even feel that much fun but really play havoc with the calories.

Shy -- Glad to hear you made your challenges yesterday. Close call or not, you made it! I know the sugar free stuff can be a godsend. I stay away from it now just because I hate all that artificial stuff but also I am at a point where I can just kiss the sugar good-bye. It's like the love affair is over, get over it and move on. But that took a LONG time to do. Whatever gets you through the day, right? Shy, why do you keep telling me not to worry about yesterday? Did I say something that made you think I was regretting things. I can't figure it. Actually, I should worry about yesterday a little bit more and make sure by TODAYS aren't becoming the yesterdays that then become my fat tomorrows! But, maybe you're seeing something else or maybe you just want to remind me about not worrying about age...hmmm...did you see my photo somewhere????

dj -- Good to see you have some new challenges. You're already doing a lot of exercise, so adding just a bit will maybe be tough. Good luck and hope to see lots of you!

Nikki, where are you?

Apple, where are you!!!!

jolly??!??? ditto! Get in here!!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #28  
Rennie

red
You are doing so great. I just worry you will get down on yourself if something doesn't go just as you want it to. You let things get to you lol. I am so proud of you. I knew you could do it.

aimin
No not really. Depending on the workout and how out of shape we are. You can be pretty darn sore right afterwords as long as you don't hurt that is ok. I never weigh a few days before my dot and at least not a few days until I am into it. My gosh I can be up quite a few lbs in those days. I went in one time and in two weeks had lost about 1/2 a lb. I couldn't believe it. As I recall was 1 or 2 days into my dot. I went the next week and had lost 4lbs. That shows the dot really can effect stuff.

Dj
That sounds like a really good idea. Keep it simple, do what works, kick things up a notch. I like the idea of adding little mini things. I did that with the firm ups and upper body. The walking videos are my main thing. Everything else is just little mini add ons. Man did my two mile walk/aerobics video tonight and my knees are so stiff. They don't really hurt just stiff. Thought I would do that one instead of the 2 one miles ones and an upper body tonight.

Day 11
All challenges met
Old 11-30-2007, 08:20 AM   #29  
Never give up

Talking Day 5 is done!

Today was Friday, Nov. 30

Yes.

Yes. I almost felt like having some sugar today because it was all around the office, but I didn't. Being really busy helped. When I did go out for a tea, I did NOT, I repeat, did NOT put any sugar in it. Hurrah. Hurrah!

Yes. Had tea out in the afternoon. Expensive, but I did work sitting in the coffee shop, so I allowed myself it.

Yes. I even made my own brown rice this morning before going in to work. OK, I slept in, did not get to the gym and was late to work, but I made the rice. Heh heh. Oh, and I brought it to work, had it sitting on the floor in a Ziploc and then finally ate it over vegetables in the evening. Trumpets, please!

Yes, I missed the gym and was too busy to walk at lunch..lunch?...what is that, something people do regularly? BUT, but, but, I got off the train early coming home from work and walked...I don't know...must have been an hour. Yeah!
Yes. It was 70.2 kg!!!!!!! This is a low for this month!!!

I think I did.

Yes. Actually, I was so busy, I think I ate less, but not in a bad way. I mean, I wasn't getting too hungry or weak or anything.

8 out of 8???
YES!!

Day No. 5 is complete. Yes!!!!

Shy -- Thank you! And yes, you're very right, I will surely get down on myself when things don't go the way I want them. I mean, heck, they rarely go the way I want them to, but when I really am making the effort to lose weight and those efforts seem not to be working the way I expect them to, then I DO get down, very much so. I just wish I could understand my body a bit better...even...yes, even...if it means waking up to/accepting the fact that I have such a super efficient metabolism that I barely need to eat. Ugh. Shy, good for you on your challenges!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-30-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #30  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ok, Day 1 is good. I was worried I would keep forgetting about the glass of water before eating but managed to pull it off.

Shy - Yep, I think, right now, I need simple. I really want to work my way towards "healthy" rather than counting calories all the time. Part of my problem is that after losing all that weight, I got burned out on counting calories and have never really recovered! As long as I feel that way, it's just not working for me.

Watch out for those knees! I've had to learn to be so very careful with mine. The good news is that as I've gotten stronger, my knees have gotten better. They can still get sore and stiff, but not as badly. Hopefully they'll hold up for many more years!

Red - You're doing good! Yes, I know it's so hard when you feel like you're doing everything right and that darn scale won't budge! So frustrating! I keep telling myself to concentrate on the health end of things and hopefully the weight will take care of itself at some point. You seem to do very well with the healthy eating part. I'm slowly trying to cut down on the sugar, but don't do too well with it yet.

Aimin - Hip hop abs at 6am? I'm impressed. I'm just sitting around drinking my coffee at that time of day! Ignore that scale during dot! I always did. I could gain up to 5-6 pounds just before I got it. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that for the next 4 years with my iud.

Have a great day everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote