Old 01-07-2008, 07:33 AM   #151  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Just a quick post before I get some shut-eye!
The challenges are going to have to wait before they become official. They are in the "budding phase" though.

rdye -- You're so welcome! Thank you for your sweet comment! Great going on your challenges. Excellent cutting out that soda...bad, bad stuff...thank God I never got in the habit. Keep up the good work!

Shy -- Hi there!

Pink -- Good work! Hi back!

bear -- You're doing well! Oh, you just HAVE to journal as you go along. I would never, ever remember everything I put in the ole mouth, try as I may to remember. There are different stages and different purposes to journaling. I don't know where you are now, but maybe you're just starting out and wanting to just be accountable and able to look back and see just why you are overweight or why you are not healthy etc. Others would say planning your meals and following that log to the letter is the way to do it and maybe you will do that someday. In any case, I think wherever you are, you need to check in a LOT to your journal and write either soon after you eat or right before. Best of luck!

dj -- How you doing there? Good to see you posting. Sure beats me!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #152  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Ok, must catch up here. Day 4 was good, but day 5 I didn't read my notes before eating since I was gone most of day. Went cross country skiing and had a great time. I am a little sore today, but not bad. Think I'll do my yoga today to stretch things out though.

So, today I'm day 5 for reading my notes and day 6 for water.

Hi Red! Yes, still posting. I've been doing much better about getting myself back on track. I know you'll be back strong too!

Rdye - You can use fitday.com to track what you eat and to even track your activities/calorie burn for the day. I use the home version, but the online version is free and works pretty well. The calorie burn estimator seems "off" to me, but it does give you a general idea of what you're burning.

bbybear - I track my food throughout the day, usually before I eat something to see what it will do to my calorie count. Sometimes I actually opt to NOT eat something just because I decide it's not worth having to log it! Saves me some calories that way. If I waited till the end of the day, I might take in too many calories without realizing it.

Pink - Good going on the challeges! You're making your comeback!

Hi Shy - You're doing well too!

Have a great day all!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #153  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

All goals met today. Wondeirng if I can count my commute time that I spend walking to work as exercise
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #154  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

bby
Sure you can. Walking is great exercise. Doesn't really burn that many calories and unless you do it at a fast pace doesn't count for a lot BUT walking is great for the body in general no matter the pace.

Dj
Glad you had fun cross country skiing. Yes Yoga giving a good stretch might really do the trick of making you feel better.

Red
Hi. Hope things are going well. Are you making sure you take time for yourself each day?

Day 6
All challenges met
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #155  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I need to rethink my goals, mainly the "stop eating by 8" goal... I started classes tonight for my evening MBA program. SO, on top of my mono I have work from 8:30 - 5:30 and dash off to class from 6-9. SO - tonight I tried to wait until 9:30 to eat and I was STARVING and way overate. I'm going to have to eat before I go and have a little snack on break, and come home and go to bed. It's hard to eat before class, though, as work is usually crazy at the end of the day and I'm not all that hungry at 5. Oh well, it's better than what I did today. So I decided that I will allow myself to have a snack after class to help round out my quick eating / snacking on granola bars in class; I will only allow veggies, though. SO... here are my new goals -

Track WW Points - EVERY DAY - 0 pauses

Only ONE snack after dinner - 3 pauses

Stop eating by 8 (on non-class nights - ONLY veggies after 8 on class nights) - 3 pauses

No more Diet Pop! - 0 pauses

I'm feeling pretty deflated after such a bad night. I know I need to let go of the guilt and move on, but I am just frustrated because I can't seem to stop eating at night (class or no class!) I think so much of it is because mono has me feeling tired and when I'm tired I am so much hungrier than when I am full of energy... and also when I'm tired my willpower is down. I need a peptalk... can you ladies help me!?!? I'm also struggling with the whole "WHY DO I CARE" question... I know why I care, but right now it just seems easier to just find a way to be content with me now instead of put in all the work I'd need to lose the last 10. UGH - HELPl!!!!!!!!
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #156  
Lionel's Beautiful

Rdye-you know you care because it's for your health for yourself to make you feel better in the long run. When you make bad choices your only gonna feel worse in the end. If you fall off the wagon you can always get back on it's when you just walk away without trying thats the worst part. We all know that you can do it, and we've all struggled from time to time. I think even if you do eat a little late it's better to make a good food choice then a bad one no matter what time of day it is. Just remember you got tons of support here
Old 01-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #157  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 5 - reading my notes - good, 2 pauses left
Day 6 - water - good, 3 pauses left
Day 1 - count calories - good, 3 pauses left

Had a good day yesterday and I'm back on track. I went and added in the count calories challenge. I'm doing it anyway so hopefully this will keep me at it.

Ryde - Of course you care, you wouldn't be here otherwise! It's probably the mono talking. Don't listen to that tired voice. Pack those healthy snacks and remind yourself that you need to take good care of yourself, especially now, while your recovering!

Shy - Yep, that yoga helped me to stretch things out. Going cross country skiing has pointed out a couple of muscles that need more attention! I've got to work on them more I guess. And here I thought I was doing so good with my workouts.
Good going on your challenges!

bbybear - Definitely count that walk as exercise! Just try to get that speed up for more of a burn.

Red, Pink, where are you?!?!?
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #158  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Hi ladies!!
Got day 4 almost done till we lost power with the storms and its been on and off since... didn't feel like doing crunches in the dark... I know excuses excuses... but got everything else checked off! Should have time to get a good amount of exercise in today though as our city is still without power no classes and no work :-)

2000 Calories or less a day - Day 4, 3 pauses left
100 crunches a day - Day 3, 2 pauses left
4 glasses of water a day - Day 4, 3 pauses left

Last edited by PinkSnowDays; 01-08-2008 at 10:29 AM.
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #159  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

So this is my first time ever doing this - hope I got it right!

Level 3
Stay within my calories range - no more then 1600, unless I do a lot of exercise and feel I need more.

Level 1
Drink at least 3L of water

Today will be day 1!

Last edited by sotypical; 01-08-2008 at 01:43 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #160  
It's Gonna Happen!

WELCOME SOTYPICAL!!!

I am very new to this whole site as well; I find the support found here on this post, especially, AMAZING. There are nights when I just want to give up (as noted by my post last night!) and I come here, write, read, and BREATHE. This is such a wonderful group of ladies - I can't say enough about everyone here. You will love it!!

DJ and BBY - THANK YOU - you got me back up on my feet this morning. DJ, you're right - I need to tell the mono to SHUT UP when it throws me into a fit!

So far so good on all challenges, and half way through the day!

Happy Tuesday all!!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #161  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face do we have liftoff?

Hi all. Revving up here for a challenge....it's just going to be keeping a good food/exercise journal, seriously, and with notes on how my skin is doing. This way I am hoping that changes to my diet can be assessed and I can gain a better understanding as to how I may get healthy again.

sotypical -- Welcome to the thread. Looks like you understand things just fine! You and are at about the same place and looking to get to the same place, so let's cheer each other on!

rdye -- I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Oh, we all have those days where we just want to throw in the towel. Sometimes I play with the imagery, throw in the towel -- spend my days gorging and not moving 'cept to reach for more food and drink -- see myself gaining, oh, about 100 pounds -- and so on and so on -- AND THEN I say, "No silly, of course you don't want that!!! so just think of what you are doing and what you have done, give yourself a break, a pat on the back, a hug and carry on once again!" It allows me a laugh to think of the other extreme and lets me lighten up a bit. Try it when you're feeling disgusted with things. With the mono, it must be horrible. Just remember that your feelings are distorted by illness now, just like when they're distorted by pms or so, only worse. This is one time where it's probably not the best idea to tune in to your feelings very much. Just move forward like a robot. This is how I get up at 4:30 in the morning and face the cold, then am always glad I did, but not until hours later.

Pink -- I heard about the storms. How is the power now? Wow, it must be awful not to have power in the winter. Are you able to heat your home? Still, look at you doing so well with your challenges. A big hand!

dj -- Hi there. Oh, I'm here and about and fighting to get through each day. I do want to get into yoga this year and become more flexible. I am soooo tight. You're rising to that new challenge I see. Impresssive!!

Shy -- A bit quiet, aren't you? But looks like you're moving along on those challenges. "Taking time for myself?" Well, sure, huge chunks of it, but it's never enough!

bear -- How are things? Did you get that journaling worked out?

Last edited by redballoon; 01-08-2008 at 08:50 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #162  
Lionel's Beautiful

Default Teriffic Tuesday

I did get my journaling sorted out I'm using and online food journal so I can see what I'm eating and how much it's "costing" me. I think I'm making myself more accountable this way. So far all my challenges are going well. I walk part of my way to and from work so I get my 15 minutes of exercise in with no problem monday through friday. I've started to carry a water bottle around with me while I'm at work so I always have water handy and there is always a sink nearby for me to refill it. And I journal in the morning for the food I'm gonna eat and then again at night in case anything has changed. I think I'm getting the hang of it.
Rdye- I'm glad that your back on track. I hope that the rest of your tuesday went well.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #163  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

rdye23 - thanks for the welcome! my first year (well 10 months) at this site was great, I lost 50 pounds! but last year I didn't visit as often and I think that is a huge reason why I didn't lose any weight last year (well I did but I gained it back, lost it, gain it, lost it gained more!). So I am trying to start this year off right by coming at least once a day!

redballoon - it looks like you are off to a great start! there is no way I am going to go back and read all the post so I am unsure of your history, but I think you should just jump right in! I used to do another challenge called 'beat the buldge' it was a point thing, where you got x amount of points for doing certain things, it REALLY helped me before.

So anyway day one was good! But week days are never that much of a challenge for me - it is the weekends that are hard! My big concerns for tomorrow and thursday is my boss is up - I don't see her often anymore as she moved and works from home and she actually quit! She is here (working with us) till the end of month and will be up often, that means... LOTS OF EATING OUT for lunch! yikes - I hope I can do okay for the next few weeks. I am really going to miss her She was an amazing boss over the last 2.5 years.

Anyway, today:

within calorie range: day 1, 3 pauses left
3L (or more) of water: day 1, 1 pause left

Last edited by sotypical; 01-08-2008 at 10:18 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #164  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Wish I had time to read through and reply but that'll have to wait till tomorrow... so just a quick check in, completed all goals today except for calories... upside I am finally honestly tracking everything I put in my mouth... downside I was over today.

2000 Calories or less a day - Day 4, 2 pauses left
100 crunches a day - Day 4, 2 pauses left
4 glasses of water a day - Day 5, 3 pauses left

I decided to make Monday mornings my weigh in day too again and this past monday I had lost a pound! Minor vicotry for me :-) but I won't let it count till next week as I just got back on track last friday... here's to a new week and hopefully good results!

Last edited by PinkSnowDays; 01-09-2008 at 12:02 AM.
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:32 AM   #165  
It's Gonna Happen!

Hi Ladies!

Day 1 and I made it. THANKS AGAIN for all the encouragement!!

I had my last morsel of food at 7:59 on the dot and didn't eat a bite after class tonight. WHEW. We even had a post class "first week of class welcome" social with catered food, beer, pop, etc. and I was so proud of myself... walked past it all and just got a water. No excuses - it was past 8!

It's almost 1130 now, so I have to get to bed; thank you all for helping me through a slump and keeping me accountable!

Track WW Points - EVERY DAY - 0 pauses - day 1

Only ONE snack after dinner - 3 pauses - day 1

Stop eating by 8 (on non-class nights - ONLY veggies after 8 on class nights) - 3 pauses - day 1

No more Diet Pop! - 0 pauses - day 1

I'm hoping my energy keeps coming back like it did today - and that I'm OVER mono soon! If I have the energy I am going to try walking on the treadmill. Someone please keep me accountable - check on me with that one, K?

Sotypical - wow, you're no rookie here! and I totally hear you on the weekend thing (and the eating out for work issue...) i am SO good M-TH but Friday night through Sunday night are TOUGH - especially with alcohol, snacks, etc. (I can't drink while I have mono, so that's helping a little!) I have so many lunch meetings for work and often they are catered in so I have very little choice. But even eating out when I do have a choice is incredibly difficult - especially if there are lots of appetizers, bread baskets, etc.

bby - so awesome that you walk part of your commute - what a fantastic way to make exercise a part of your routine!

Pink - any power yet?Craziness and GOOD FOR YOU for plugging through!!

dj - do you do yoga on your own or go to a class? Or a DVD? I used to go to a class and I loved it, but just don't have the time with school now (it is only Monday nights & I have class that night...) If you have a good DVD reco, I'd love to hear it! I miss it. I was always amazed at how sore I would be after a really tough class - even though I was running 20-30 miles a week... yoga just gets at different muscles, doesn't it? And my psyche was so much better when I was practicing more regularly... Hmm... yoga is something even this mono-girl could do!! Do you also do Pilates??