Old 11-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #91  
loves kleenex box art

Yay BABY!! Yay GREEN GROCER!! Yay WABBO!!!

So .. speaking of offers, I got a call the other day from a job I applied for (not at school) offering it to me once my references check out. I accepted but said I wasn't giving notice until my references check out. I really had regrets. I've been making a place for myself at the supermarket, get more hours than anyone else, am getting trained on new stuff.

Still... this job pays more and is close to home. It sounds boring. Supermarket work is not boring, really, for me because there are so many people around. I like that. I like that you don't have a boss approving or disapproving everything you do. I like that you finish and start over all day long. It's mindless.

Then yesterday, I worked an 8 hour shift and they scheduled my hour-long break after 2.5 hours which meant I had to take a break while I was fresh and happy and spent 5.5 hours standing on unhappy legs and getting grumpier and grumpier after break. That other job started looking good.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #92  
The magic shrinking cow

Baby!!!

"Looking good" is underlined for me. Interesting.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #93  
Member w/ messiest house

I can't wait to hear about baby!!! The Wabbit family is due for some happy yummy baby love.

Hey, I just uploaded my address book into facebook and found that Frappe is on there. I'm going to friend her. I also found a couple of other email addresses associated with unfamiliar names... hmm people using aliases?? One of them is our long lost comrade in oatmeal...

Peachie, what would you be doing in the new job? Will the grocery store give you a few hours a week to keep your hand in? I'll bet they would like to have you available.

Wow, we had a bunch of rain from that Noel hurricane and now it's Indian Summer again. Gorgeous. And only, oh, 45 degrees?

k
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #94  
fatter than U

"Baby" is underlined for me. Oh Wabby, this is so exciting! Another little one to spoil. You must be thrilled. And Kiwi's right, when/if you feel like working again, the right job will come along. No need to pressure yourself now.

Peachy - I am sending you postitive vibes to help you make the best employment decision. I've never worked in a grocery store but did a lot of time in many retail establishments where I had to deal with nutty customers. I hate retail. I need a job where I can work alone in a darkened room and only come out when I feel like it.

Kiwi - Wow, Frappe is on Face Book? I ran into Cranberry a while back and have her listed as a friend. Small world. Face Book still scares me though. Someone from Sweden asked to be my friend but I hadn't a clue who it was.

I was 3°C here yesterday morning. Double it and add 30 - 36°F?? Brrrrr!! We're in for some kind of hurricane thing at the end of the week. Don't know if it's from Noel. They said that was going up Scandinavia way so I guess it'll pass by here too.

And last but not least...every time I come over here I am confronted with Kristy "I've lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks" Swanson's gigantic turquoise boobs in that stupid Medifast ad. Can you cows see it too?
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #95  
Member w/ messiest house

Yup, I friended Frappe and she accepted, but I haven't heard anything from her. By the way, Cranberry has pneumonia apparently.

Well, my extra nice weather only lasted one day, it's now like November is supposed to be -- dark, gloomy, rainy and cold. Must be why I was born in November...it's so me.

I mean seriously, it's 3:36 and it's getting dark. Blah.

I am applying for a stupid fill-in office job that a friend asked me if I wanted. Which is fine, but would you believe it's been so long since I had real employment I can't find any records of dates and salaries? Is it a good idea to just guess on a job app?

I want New Baby News!!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #96  

Vincent Allen is 6 lbs. 7 oz., 19 inches. He has a full head of dark hair and a dimple on his chin. Mama had to have a c section after a long unproductive labor, so she's feeling pretty sore. Baby is in intensive care for another week due to running a temp and having a bit of problems feeding. He's doing fine and is expected to come home in a week. Right now they're still tube feeding him in addition to feeding w/ pumped breast milk. DD came home yesterday and she's having a hard time w/ baby still in the hospital.

......... and apparently my kids think that babies make me happy, b/c DS's girlfriend is expecting in July. I know. His divorce isn't even final yet. I did point that out to him, but that didn't seem to dampen his enthusiasm for this pregnancy.

OK. Thats more than enough news. I think I need to go lie down for a bit.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #97  
fatter than U

Talking

Congratulations to the Wabby family!!

I love the name of the new little darling. Hope mom and babe will both be feeling well really soon.

My goodness, Wabs - when you get up from lying down maybe you should think about opening a pre-school?

Last edited by SugP; 11-07-2007 at 04:49 PM.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #98  
Member w/ messiest house

Aw a little boy!! Congratulations Wabby and DD!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #99  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh hello cowpies--i was away in BACKWOODS LAND with my friends from my glass class--we shopped in the hurricane on the weekend {Freeport,Portland,Augusta and then Bangor} crazy but fun-----spent way to much cash at Bath and Body Works----ANYWAY!!! WHAT EXCITEMENT HAS BEFALLEN THE HERD SINCE I HAVE BEEN AWAY-----AMAZING NEW BABY HAS ARRIVED---VINCENT!!! HOW SWEET THAT IS!!! CONGRATULATIONS WABBY AND CO!!!--I bet Kayden will get a kick out of seeing her new cousin!!! little ones love looking at each other!!=---wabbs,don't go workin til you feel like it and if you don't have to ,don't bother-----but if you think it might be fun----go for it----the Green Grocer sounds sweet----maybe peach can give you some tips on customer appreciation -haha----peach,what is the new job??? what doe it entail???----okay,i have to go to bed---i just picked up dd and her friend at the winebar and i am zonked---- not on wine,just mental pausin.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #100  
The magic shrinking cow

Congrats Wabby! Vincent is a great name! And another new baby to love is on the way! Awesome!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #101  
loves kleenex box art

Awww, DS was 6 lb 4 oz and 17 inches so Vincent is even MORE perfect than perfection! Wabby you don't knit??? Time to start. Baby blankets are so useful.

It is a great name. Very manly yet artistic.

I'm not taking the job, I think. Fergetaboutit.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #102  
loves kleenex box art

Well, it's good that I didn't want that job because I got a call saying I had not passed the screening process. Naturally, I demanded an explanation and was referred to human resources. Called that office was told that "Someone is in my office. What number can I call you at?"

Either I have been blackballed by a former employer or ... what else could it be? Really really really mad.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #103  
Member w/ messiest house

Oo, that does not sound good, not passing the screening process. I hope you get an answer so you can find out if someone is passing on fraudulent info on you.

I'm not sure which is worse, never hearing anything at all when you apply for a job (so far that is the case in both jobs I have applied for..), or being turned down.

Hello, I'm depressed, how are you?

I went to the stupid, oops I mean music, boosters meeting last night, and I didn't volunteer for anything! Aren't you proud of me? And I ordered 2 coffeecakes.

It's dark for most of the day now it seems, how am I ever going to tell when it's time to go to bed? Maybe I'll just wait till daybreak to be sure.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #104  
loves kleenex box art

You sound depressed, Keywee. What you need is someone to p*ss you off.

Coffee cakes you buy but don't have to bake?

Yankees come down here and little boxes of stuff called "pork rolls." Do you know what that is? Looks like spam.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #105  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
You sound depressed, Keywee. What you need is someone to p*ss you off.

Coffee cakes you buy but don't have to bake?

Yankees come down here and little boxes of stuff called "pork rolls." Do you know what that is? Looks like spam.
I hate spam. Oh, you mean the canned meat stuff... Pork rolls sound disgusting. Like Vienna sausages only chunkier.

Yeah, Coffee cakes that are delicious and I don't have to bake them and they even freeze well. Of course they cost too much, but it's a fundraiser.

Grrrr.

I'm going to go post a poll.

kiwi