Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #61  
GmaTo8

Knock, knock, I'm just peeking in to say if you'd like to have your own bio section, one has been started for your group in the sticky Bios thread at the top of the page. Hope you like it and use it!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #62  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Red face

heloooooo Jane---i was looking at that thread and it had everyone's normal names listed so i was wondering what we could be called as we change our thread name so often----i was please to see this-----Reserved for the "Cow" Girls----HOW SWEET IS THAT!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #63  
Member w/ messiest house

Thanks, Jane! I had just noticed the Bio sticky earlier. Appreciate your including us. I'll send my bio in shortly, perhaps some more will join me?
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #64  
loves kleenex box art

You first, Kiwi. Then I'll find time to look at it and be judgmental. I th ink Kiwi does not get the ads with the two underlines because she financially supports this site.

The people next door have put their house up for sale. Should I tell them it would sell better if they'd come take came of my lawn?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I th ink Kiwi does not get the ads with the two underlines because she financially supports this site.
That would explain it -- if I were a subscriber, but I'm not.

I think that's a great idea for your neighbors. Seems to me they would be more than happy to take care of your lawn. Maybe they can even put it in the buyers' contract, that your lawn will be taken of in perpetuity. Don't you love that word--perpetuity? Sounds a little risqué.

I am almost half done with the sewing project. I have the sewing machine set up in the porch, where the dog has been hanging out with me, until she spotted a squirrel in the yard. She made such a fuss that I let her out...in the rain. When she finally gave up chasing it (of course it was up a tree in an instant), she came in soaking wet with a big long stick stuck in her tail hair. Now the porch, which I cleaned yesterday so I could sew in there, is all wet and covered with twig bits.

Guess what I got for my birthday, which isn't for 2+ weeks? A new computer! Did I ask for a new computer? Well, no, DH is tired of propping up my old Windows 98 dinosaur, so he bought me a Lenova, complete with 19" screen and Win Vista. As soon as I finish my sewing project, I am going to have to deal with change...

Kiwi
Old 10-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #66  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

congrats kiwonkers!!! i think you of all people deserve a new computer--you are the only one who will put it to good use and know how it works and consequently show us how ours should work==i am so backwards,when i got my new laptop at christmas it still had windows xp and there was an offer to install vista for free after the holiday but i didn't bother cause i might have to learn something new!!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #67  

Spinymouse. Huzza huzza on those socks. Did you knit them yourself by any chance? Cowpernia and I (no doubt among others) knit... irregularly, but definitely knit... your avatar is inspiring!
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:06 PM   #68  

Greetings, y'all. Took me a while to realize that I wasn't getting daily notifications of your posts. D'oh!

Kiwi: The Old Navy pants sound KINKY. All those fastenings. Sort of Goth? Or maybe they need to be tie-dyed?

Cherry-- Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Next year I'll have birthday 29x2.
At first I thought "regression stuff" was about recovered memories... then I figured, hmmm information science (right?) It's probably STATISTICS. Good luck!

I think Oprah is a great cheer leaders and encourages women to think about things they would otherwise skip. But she's an ENTERTAINER now... not a consultant. Dr. PHIL is an ENTERTAINER now, not a therapist (or even jury selection advisor). On the other hand, I think Christianne Northrup (along with Joan Borysenky) has some good things to say about women's health that male doctors just miss. Or don't get. As with taking advice from any "guru"... moderation is still essential.
[*]How do you make a Raspberry Swirl?[/LIST]
... Send it to ballet school!
Oh, Kiwi, THANK YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
EVER SINCE I STARTED LOSING MY FAITH {which was imposed upon me}i have been realizing how insane some of the Believers can be. I have no problem with anyone believing whatever they like but as i just read today--it's too bad people with closed minds don't come with closed mouths.
Amen, sister!! Maybe the customer's horses were Jewish....

Must go see the bio sticky.
ttfn
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #69  
loves kleenex box art

Who sleeps with Cats?

Mrs. Cats

This morning I put a roast in the crock pot. I turned on the crock pot. Can anyone guess why I threw the uncooked roast just now?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #70  
loves kleenex box art

I caught Prairie Home Companion this weekend and got the idea to save children's teeth by not giving candy. Instead, give those little condiment packages from the fast food restaurant. He also had costume ideas. My fav was "The Ex Wife." When the door is answered, you say, "Hi, Frank. It's Doris. Remember me? Then woman whose life you ruined?"

I wonder what really did happen to Lush. I tried her email address and it no longer works.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #71  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
This morning I put a roast in the crock pot. I turned on the crock pot. Can anyone guess why I threw the uncooked roast just now?
I know I know!! You forgot to plug it in!!! Your roast is toast!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #72  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

her roast is raw!!!---but that doesn't rhyme like toast--i will give you that one!!----well i think lee lee has deserted us for good my dear peachbag----even muffie would show up now and then,and frappe,and thongchickie cookie-----sooooooooooo she has deserted us and we must deal with it---as long as she didn't become a period sponge sales person. okay miss kiwonkers,i sent you pics of the cat with her witch hat on and the email came back as the wrong address---is this because of your new system???? do tell miss wonkers!!!tell me sugartart---do they have hallowe'en as we know it over in deutche-ville?????
Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #73  
loves kleenex box art

You are so smart. Unplugged it was. In the trash, it is.

I am waiting for my pictures to download right now.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
okay miss kiwonkers,i sent you pics of the cat with her witch hat on and the email came back as the wrong address---is this because of your new system???? do tell miss wonkers!!!t
No, same email -- send them again Please Please Please!! Problem was probably that my inbox was stuffed full because some lame-o sent us 2 giant emails totalling about 13 Mbs and we are only supposed to have a max size of 6 Mb (my ISP lives in the stone age and is about as useful as a rock)
Quote:
Unplugged it was. In the trash, it is.
Yoda you sound like.

DH is putting a pot roast in the crockpot. It is plugged in. Yesterday he made hamburger stuff for dinner, and he's having a giant pile of pastrami for lunch. I think he's trying to kill himself.

But the good news is I don't have to cook today. I may have to go pick up some material and make a witch costume, so I wanted to keep my day open. The h.s. is doing Wizard of Oz and they are having costume issues. I finished velcro-ing a bunch of jackets, and sewing buttons on, plus attaching swords; those are done and delivered. It's too cold now to use the sewing machine on the porch although I put a heater out there and maybe that will warm it up enough to sew. I really don't want to try to set up anywhere else -- DH has a table set up in the living room working on my new computer... and you may have heard about my kitchen table...

I am using a spare keyboard at the moment, just an ordinary flat one. If I had to type on this regularly, my wrists would fall apart in days, wow, it hurts!

DD did some pumpkin carving over the weekend with some of her friends -- hers is the one on the right, of a tree. The one on the left is by her friend M (the one you met, Peaches).

I didn't buy a pumpkin this year, shame on me.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007_10 JessicaS_14.jpg (8.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-31-2007, 06:05 AM   #75  
fatter than U

Quote:
tell me sugartart---do they have hallowe'en as we know it over in deutche-ville?????
No, not really, but people are starting to get into it a bit and of course the retailers are using it as a money making opportunity. That's why the chicken nuggets and potato smilie things we're having tonight are bat and pumpkin shaped. Last week there was a picture in our little local rag showing how someone decorated a street corner close to where we live with some pretty cool lit-up ghosts, a big cardboard skeleton and a bunch of little rubber skeletons hanging from the tree. Standard Halloween stuff. But the article accompanying it said that many church-going Dullsvillers were sooooo upset by this and felt that it threatened the "thread of Christianity that permeates the region". They quoted one woman saying something like it reminded her of the Ku Klux Klan and that she was afraid that the Druids were going to take over and wipe out Christian values. Uh huh. Whatever. Psst, lady, your lack of education is showing. And THEN she said she didn't want her name in the paper "for neighbourly reasons"!!! Oh please. That's how people are here. I was going to write a snarky letter to the editor but then I reconsidered seeing that we're already the scourge of the neighbourhood.

YES, we have carved our pumpkin and will be having a Halloween feast tonight. No trick or treating for my kids, but we have (an ever shrinking supply of) candy in case any little ones come by. Last year there were none and the year before about four came, just on the wrong day.

Peachy- so sorry about the roast. I had a similar experience yesterday with the toaster oven and a (not) grilled cheese sandwich but luckily I was able to save the situation within minutes and still have lunch. But I HAVE left perishable stuff in the microwave overnight before and had to chuck it out. Grrrrr.

Kiwi - Wooohooo on the new computer. That's excellent news.

Hey, Painty! How's tricks?

Last edited by SugP; 10-31-2007 at 06:07 AM.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote