Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

i haven't down the core plan with WW. I just stay on the Flex. But alot of people I know are on it and love it. You lose the same about of weight either way from what I can tell its just which ever suits you better.

Suz I'll try to think of something too. I really think it would help.
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:07 AM   #17  

I did it!! I actually applied for a job!! I made a resume and sent it on line to a big company around here. Last time I applied for a job was in 1979 and I stayed there until 1992. Then moved to Florida. Where I've been a house Goddess ever since. I miust admet when I started writting a resume and putting down everything I've done over the years (even if it was volunteer work) I was pretty impressed with myself!! ha ha
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Kiwi.....congrats! I bet it is a little scary jumping back in but you can do it!!! Hey, where would we be without volunteers????

Okay....school is complete for me. My last class in the Masters program was last night and I ended with a GPA of 3.9...pretty good. Ouch, I just twisted my elbow patting myself on the back.

Time to get re-motivated and get this weight off.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:20 AM   #19  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Ladies
Kiwi good luck on the job hunt What type of job did you apply for?

Kim congrats on getting your Masters degree that awesome

I am still thing about a challeng. I start going back to exercise classes on Monday For the rest of this month the classes are at one of the instructors homes then back to in doors after the begining of Sept where has the summer gone and where has everyone else gone

Lets Keep moving and losing suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #20  
suz
suz

Smile

Good morning ladies
I can not believe I was the last one to post and I think that was on Saturday what has happened to everyone what has happened to our Monday weekly weigh in and updates on how we all are doing!!!!!! What has happened to our strength and friendly banter that we all need and give out
Shame on all of us me included I guess that maybe everyone else has just given up well i intend to continue with my journey and new life style and maybe some of you will too

suz
PS did weigh in on monday and I am still at 160
Old 08-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #21  

Smile

Ooops!! Sorry for not writing in ladies, Actually, I thought I had because I read the post yesterday but I must have x'd out without sending.

Kim I guess I wasn't paying attention when you were talking about going to school that you were earning your Masters and a 3.9 at that!! Truly awesome!! What is it in?

Suz have you thought of a challenge yet? Lets do something with exercise 'cause I am not doing any.

My weight went back up to 187 this week. Drives me nuts but it shouldn't I'm not exercising and I really need to.

hey check this out. I found this.

Seven Unhealthy Habits That Prevent Us From Losing Weight

By Frances Largeman, R.D.

1. Skipping Breakfast

We all know the deal: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Still, many of us skip it thinking that it will help us shed pounds. In fact, this bad habit actually packs on the pudge. A recent study found that those who ate ready-to-eat breakfast cereal, hot cereal or even quick breads (like muffins and banana bread) had significantly lower BMIs (body mass indices) than those who skipped breakfast.

2. Eating at Your Desk
Everyone is time-crunched, so it makes sense these days to eat when and where we can in the car, at our desks and in front of the TV. Unfortunately, when we tune into work or to our favorite show, we generally tune out healthy eating habits and don't pay attention to internal cues that tell us we're full. Make time for meals as often as you can. When you designate only the dining room, kitchen and restaurants as places to eat, you're less likely to be distracted and overeat.

3. Cleaning Your Plate
Calories add up. So, even that light pasta dish or bean burrito can add girth if you're taking in more calories than you're burning off. Beverages and snack foods are common culprits for including multiple servings in what looks to be a single-serving size container. Without thinking, you can down 180 to 240 calories in beverages that are otherwise healthy. Check the label and stick to the portion size, even if it means putting the rest in the fridge or taking home a doggie bag.

4. Forgetting Fitness
Many dieters think that just cutting back on calories will lead to lifelong weight loss. This works initially, but only for a while and often leads to yo-yo dieting. Studies show that most people who successfully lose weight and keep it off long-term do so by both cutting calories and adding regular exercise to their lives. Couch potatoes take heart: just 2,000 steps a day will go a long way toward keeping off unwanted pounds. Get a pedometer and get going!

5. Late-night Monster
This is by far one of the most common ways people sabotage their weight loss goals. They've been good all day and had a reasonable dinner. Then they plant themselves in front of the TV, where the munchie monster calls and they head for the chips or ice cream. Other folks are plagued by late-night eating due to long hours at the office. If this is your case, make sure to keep healthy snacks on hand so that you can make a smart choice about what to eat when you finally get home.

6. Fat Phobia
If you eschew fat of any kind and live in the land of fat-free food, you're not getting the bargain you hoped for. In addition to making food taste wonderful, fat also helps us feel satisfied. Cut it out of your diet and you'll feel the need to stock up on fat-free, but calorie-full foods, like cookies and pretzels. You're better off keeping your fat intake to about 30% of your total calories and enjoying small portions of your favorite foods once in a while.

7. The Bar Scene
Alcohol, no matter what form it comes in beer, wine or spirits packs on the calories mercilessly. Not only does alcohol contribute seven calories per gram, it also has the effect of making you eat more during a meal. You don't need to be a teetotaler; just try to stick to one drink (for women) or two drinks (for men) per day. If you're at a bar or a party, space each drink you have with a glass of water and avoid super-sugary and calorie-packed tropical and frozen drinks. Also, don't head out for a night on the town without eating something first. Otherwise, you'll fill up on nutrient-free alcohol and really hate yourself in the morning.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #22  

Suz.....okay, what is the challenge going to be?
Kiwi.....my masters is in Business Administration with a specialization in accounting. Sounds exciting???
Did very good on my food yesterday....even I am impressed. I probably didn't eat enough though. I made the WW vegetable soup that my kids loved but I didn't get around to eating it yet. I had the Weight Control Oatmeal for breakfast. Tuna salad made with mustard and light mayo in a whole wheat tortilla wrap and a salad for lunch. Had chicken/ricotta cheese raviolis with heatlhy tomatoe sauce for dinner. Looking at this.....I needed more fruit and vegetables.....I will work on this today.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #23  

Good Evening

did well all day until evening when I had pizza. (family night) Wasn't even that good of pizza and I ate it anyway. I'm so bad.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #24  

Smile

I feel the pounds dropping off......

Can't eat Beef, Mad cow........ Can't eat chicken, bird flu.... ..Can't eat eggs, Salmonella......... Can't eat pork, fears of trichinosis......Can't eat fish, heavy metals in the waters has poisoned their meat ...........Can't eat fruits and veggies, insecticides and herbicides..........Hmmmmmmmmm?????????!!!

I believe that leaves Chocolate!!!!!!!!

Remember - - -
"STRESSED"
spelled backwards! is
" DESSERTS "
Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #25  

Yesterday was a very good food day for me. I had a soy protein cherry smoothie for breakfast. Orange for mid morning snack. Tuna wrap and salad for lunch. Vegetable soup for afternoon snack. Grilled fish, green beans and brown rice for dinner.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #26  
suz
suz

Ladies
So you want a challenge?

1 post weight on Monday morning Also take your measurements bust waist hips arms (bicep area) and thighs about mid way on thighs These numbers are for your eyes only because sometimes you may not lose weight but you may lose inches

2 keep a food journal of what you eat and how much

3 Try to exercise 3 times per week for 1 hour Try to do a variety of exercises and also try to do some weights You get an after effect from doing weights and exercise you continue to burn more after you are done

4 try to drink at least 64 ounces of water each day I read some where that you are suppose to drink 1 oouce of liquid (water fruit juice sport drinks etc ) for each pound you weigh In my case I weigh 160 so 160 oz per day If you drink coffee for each cup you drink add another 8 oz of water

since we are mid month we can do this until the end of Sept For numbers 1, 3 and 4 post your results here the food journal is so you can see what and much or little you are eating

since there just seems to be Kiwi Kim and myself posting we can start today and see how much we can lose in the next 6 weeks and 4 days For any of you other ladies you might be reading but not posting come join us We miss hearing from everyone

so lets get moving and losing Suz
Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #27  

Suz.....very good ideas for the challenge. I know I wasn't aware I wasn't eating enough until I wrote it down....I thought, oh my gosh...not enough vegetables.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:05 AM   #28  
suz
suz

Morning
Glad that helps you Kim I was looking at my food intake I too need to eat more fruit The experts say you shoukd eat 5 to 10 servings of fruit and veggies thats the 2 combined I have tried and its not easy to do

Got to go and put last mights dinner in journal

Lets get moving and losing suz
Old 08-21-2007, 06:34 AM   #29  
suz
suz

Ladies
Just a quick note I have been filling my food jourrnal I went to exercise classes yesterday I am not quite drinking enough water i have to work on that one and my DH and I went out for 2 meals on the weekend and when I weighed in Monday morning I was up 2 lbs those buffets are killers It just means I will have to work harder

suz
Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #30  

Suz.....I am with you on the water and I haven't been able to exercise because of the broken right foot. I fell last Friday and broke my right big toe and twisted my left ankle. AUGH!!!!!! I feel like all odds are against me but that just makes me more determined. I haven't got on the scales yet since I am not supposed to put weight on my right foot.....not sure if the reading will be accurate. Any idea? I have a yearly check up on Friday so I will know for sure by then ..... my doctor takes no excuses.