Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:00 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning girls ,

I am just finishing up breakfast and getting ready for work, today is a beautiful foggy grey day . Hopefully it will improve later or tomorrow as my weekend is tuesday and wednesday . With any hope possibly i will be able to leave work early .

I almost hope to have gained weight this week , just to teach me a lesson . I already know what happens when you overindulge however so far i have been going over board too much and maybe a kick in the pants is just what is needed to get back into some better eating habits .Well weigh-in is tomorrow so we will see .

got to go finish making myself beautiful . LOL As if that can happen without makeup . lol Oh wait , i dont even wear makeup . i guess people will just have to cope with plain jane . he he he !!!

Hope everyones day is a good one . bye for now

annette
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #62  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . . It's a brand new work-week for those of you who still do. Hope it's a good one.

Annette . . . Never, never wish for a weight GAIN . . . takes too long to get rid of it again. Just get your act together and move forward and downward, chickie . . . You can do it.

Looks like an instant replay of yesterday around here. Tell me again why I want all these little fur-covered cyclones living in my house? Six cats sometimes feels like ten too many. At least it's definitely not dull and boring. I've been up since 4:30 and I'm exhausted already. Boy I wish I had their energy. Looks like it will be a long day. Lots of errands to run today and it's already pretty warm and humid at 9 am. Might just have to plan a nap into my afternoon.

Anyway, gang . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day on the go . . . See you later . . .
Old 07-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All!

Welcome, Jax and Waterloo!

I've been working, working, working - 2 house and pet sitting jobs, and 2 babysitting jobs just to make ends meet. I'm tired and cranky all the time, and I feel awful having to take my 4 year old here and there and everywhere trying to just keep our heads above water....and THEN, to have to think about what I'm supposed to eat and NOT supposed to eat??!! I haven't the energy (or time) to exercise, and my brain just isn't functioning with regard to the food choices. I feel like throwing in the towel until the end of the summer (when I'm down to just 2 jobs), but I don't want that feeling of failure.

AAARRRGGGG!!!!!

Ok, I'm better. It's been really, really hot down here in MA, with some terrible humidity. Susan, I really like the sound of sleeping with the blankets on! Could you send some cooler air down here (with a big helping of "resolve" and "willpower")? Thanks!

I'm going to bed! Thanks for letting me rail!

Em
Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

but I don't think there's a smilie for cold.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #65  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Cool

It's hot here too , I'd like to be able to sleep with blankets too! I'd take the 34 degree days if it would only cool down at night. That's what makes me grumpy. Although in the winter I'm sure I'll want less blankets.

Even running at 5:30 this morning was hot - 20 degrees, which isn't that hot for running usually, but it seemed to me that way today. I'm still sweating sitting here at the 'puter - maybe the humidity is up. I wish it would just rain. Hopefully next week will be cooler - we'll be in Jasper for DS hockey school, but it was 34 degrees there last year! I'm hoping it's more normal this year, as I'd like to run or bike every day since I won't be lifting in the trailer! No room for weights.

Susan, thanks for the protein pancake idea/recipes. Yum! Even DS ate them and it's often a challenge getting him to try new stuff. I used oat bran cereal instead of oatmeal since that's what I had, and they were great with raspberries and yoghurt.

Weight loss has stalled for a couple of weeks, but I'm not following the greatest routine so I'm not unhappy - no gains. I'm still learning a lot from FitDay about what I can eat and how it affects me (weight, energy, mood) and will be able to be more structured once the boys are all in school in Sept. It will be odd not to have any of them home all day!

Snuggles to all,
Jax
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Em - instead of throwing in the towel, can you pick one or two things to focus on til life lets up a bit? Making sure you get a certain number of servings of vegetables each day instead of trying to be "on" all the time, that sort of thing? Keep the healthy habits going without obsessing over them!

Jax and others - good luck with all the heat! Vancouver's finally cooled down a bit, although we have rain in the forecast for the next few days. Grass is always greener, eh?

I'm hoping the rain lets up soon - if it rains too much, softball will be cancelled tonight, and I am looking forward to it!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #67  
Ilene the Bean

Hey gang, I am still here... Last week was pretty hectic so I didn't post much ... We had to put down our older cat because of kidney failure... then we found a cute kitten but it also had to be put down because it had FIV Feline aids who wouda thunk ... So this week life is normaler (is that a word?) So I'm back posting ...

Welcome to all the newbies
Old 07-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Man i just used the tab key and I lost what i just wrote . plus i can't get my smilies to work . ( this is where i would have a red mad smilie)

Ilene , I hope this week goes better .

Well girls , weigh-in was this morning and I lost 1/2 lbs . I am not sure how this happenned but anyway Yippie !! I am going to try this week choosing to change 3 things this week. 1- bringing more fruit choices for my snack at
work .
2- drinking 2-3 litres of water each day
3- cutting out products with refined sugar

well everyone ta tah for now

annette
Old 07-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #69  
Onward and Downward

Hi all . . .

This has been a hectic day and I've been having computer problems, too (cable company says they are working at it) -- been up and down like the proverbial toilet seat.

Hopefully things will be more predictable tomorrow . . . see you gang.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #70  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Just a very VERY quick hello
No time this week... no time this week...

Thinking of you all!
Heather
Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #71  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning Crazies . . .

Looks like I'm in the computing world again. Also looks like one more nice sunny day here on the Atlantic coast before the rain moves in again. Oh well, guess this isn't Camelot is it?

Nothing exciting on my agenda for today . . . probably the challenge of keeping up with the antics of the kitten triplets will be challenging enough.

Hope everybody has a great day . . . see you soon.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hey all!

Well the rain let up long enough for us to play a dry game last night. We lost to a really unsportsmanlike team, which is really frustrating. I also weigh-in tomorrow, so fingers crossed for a good, LOWER number, please!

Chocco - WOO HOO on your loss. Keep going!

Ilene - I'm so sorry for your losses. How awful.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All!

Whew! I'm feeling much better today. The weather may be grey, but my mood is decidedly more sunny!

Practiceliving - Thanks for the ideas! You're absolutely right - so I've made a point for the past day or so to just do 2 things -- increase water and increase veggies. The towel has not been thrown in yet!!!! And hey - good luck on that weigh-in tomorrow!!!!

Ilene - I'm so sorry about the losses! I do hope things get better all around.

Annette - YAY! for the weight loss! YIPPEE!

Jax - Our weather here on the East coast seems to be on a cooling trend. Hopefully, we can wish some of it your way!

Ok, All - I have to run. I'll check in soon!

Em
Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Muggy, muggy, muggy .... almost misty on the drive home, ya know?
But I've been able to walk everyday this week, so I'm happy.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #75  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Cool

Hot and muggy here today too - and was 24 degrees at 5 a.m. They have been talking about rain for a couple of days now but it just keeps getting pushed back in the forecast. It's really windy so maybe something will blow in (other than more heat).

I wimped out on this morning's run, don't think I got enough sleep last night! I think I'll use the exercise bike in the basement, it's going to be hot and sweaty still but I need to do something. Sat. will be my day off since we're drivng to Jasper (where it's forecast to be MUCH cooler) that day. I upped my weights yesterday for my "Ripped" video so I can feel the effects of that too.

On a more positive note - today I am (unofficially) down 20lbs from start!! I count my weekly weigh-ins on Sunday - although it will have to be Saturday this week, but today I was 175.4!! At the beginning of this (end April) I was 195.6 so I am down 20lbs!!! Woo hoo!!!!! Still a way to go but I'm celebrating any and all stages on this journey. Won't change the ticker until official weigh-in day is past.

Well I hope everyone has cool sunny days,
Jax
Closed Thread