Old 06-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #76  
ugggg.....

Suzy--love the feta chesse avatar. One of the ladies I work with is retiring the end of the month and we are going to Unos for lunch--I already checked the menu out online and am getting their greek salad--which ex has the tumor? that's terrible!! Teri said the same thing about moving--the rent plus security plus partial month since they let her move in early, plus non refundable pet deposit plus the deposit to get the electric changed over, plus the first grocery bill to stock everything up and get the odds and ends. She can't wait to get her cable and internet service hooked up--they are having a special and with first time customer its free installation and cheap monthly payment for the first three months. BTW, I love Irish music too.

Cristina--I do hope Jason is finally happy. that boy and his brothers have had a very hard life and he sure does deserve it. Tony misses his wife and kids and all his friends though he has made some new ones. I tell him how proud I am of him all the time. The kids watched a suppossedly scary movie that reminded dd of the Grudge. All of them said that they had a great time and next time they are grilling. DD stayed up after Ry & Alicia left and Dave went to bed to watch the Painted Veil--she says it is a really good movie but really sad. She went to bed still crying and Dave woke up and got all worried that something happenned--she told him the movie was sad. She said he was really sweet and held her. I stopped over tonight to pick her up to drop her off at work and Dave came home and Dave and I were clapping and happy cause they are really getting along--she told us we were stupid (with a big smile on her face!).

Michelle--just stick with us--our little group will be their for you!!

Sue-A bunch of my coworkers ride bikes together in the spring and fall after work. I always thought it would be fun to join them but since dh and I ride in the same car it's hard.

Sassy-I don't know how people on fixed insurance and those with no insurance do it either. It's hard enough for me with insurance and a decent paying job!! You and your dh are such good kids--I bet they just love you so much!!

Katy--yes it's definitely a good sign. I think the apartment and getting Lily and having her there on his visitation days is bringing them together. DD is into her second trimester and doesn't seem to be as sick or as grumpy though she is still weepy at little things and really sensitive.

Susan NYC--what are you doing this summer--come tell us!! we miss you!!

Well gonna go, hope everyone has a beautiful nite!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #77  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy

Hi All.

Michelle, I hope everything is okay and I hope it wasn't me? If it was just chalk it up there with my stupid absent-minded brain and was not meant to "ignore" you!

Anywho............

I forgot and did not get my cat scan results due to my grandpa dying. He is "technically" my step-grandpa (my step-dad's (<--passed) father) but regardless, he is my family. We looked it up and DH & I still get bereavement time, 3 days, regardless step or not, it even says step parents AND grandparents are included. So my mom said the funeral will be on Saturday. So we'll be going to IN for that.

So we just have to work tomorrow night. Be nice so we can get back onto a "dayshift" schedule and that way also we don't have to rush off afterwards to get "sleep" for work, etc. We can spend time with the family.

The Reason I got my Cat Scan done (to those who asked or don't know) is because I've been having abdominal pain/discomfort and my ultra sound showed Nothing, well except for some cysts on my ovaries, but dr said they were not serious and I do have PCOS so that comes along with it.

Hi to Everybody and sorry don't have personals tonight, just not thinking too clearly right now..........I hope you all are well. I probably won't be around at least on Saturday since that is my grandpa's funeral.

Guess that is about it.

Have a Good Night!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #78  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Howdy...I rode 3 miles this morning and walked 2 miles with DH later. Then I started feeling yucky. I just ate soup for dinner and drank tea.
Hi to everyone and I will be back tomorrow.....
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #79  
RosieKate

Good morning, chickies!

Well, it's my WI day and I am up .3...but I am relieved. I had a decent loss last week and it looked like it all came back for most of this week, but I managed to get it together before WI day.

Sassy - so sorry to read of the loss of your gp We just lost our Roberto, who meant alot to us, even though he and MIL weren't married. It's hard - I hope his passing was peaceful and my thoughts are with you and your family today. I hope the cat results are good...when you can get to them.

Michelle - I had the same reaction as Susan -gee ,I hope it wasn't me...I know I get busy and and hope that hasn't been interpreted as neglect by anyone. I always love to see you posting..I have to see the latest pictures of your family, you know! I really like that you share that part of your life with us. You have been losing, too, and I get inspired by that ...keeps me going.

Sue - Hiya....hope you are feeling better. I have been battling something that is making me feel rundown and a little nauseous. I think it's hay fever. The pollen counts here have been through the roof and I think it just gets to me.

Cristina - TY for your lovely comments on my blog. I set the knitting one up so that anyone can post, but there is a thing on there to keep it from getting spammed by automated- idk what they're called- ""spam-machines"? I don't want anyone to have to register to comment so I'll double check my settings. The flowers in my yard have been so pretty... this is why I love spring!

Jules - Your DD's weepiness brought back memories of my - ahem - senstivities when I was pregnant. I remeber crying for hours after watching Dumbo - can you believe it? Why was I watching that, of all things? Consider yourselves warned - I dare any mother to watch that movie and not become a blubbering idiot. I'm glad your DD has been spared in the morning sickness department... now she's onto the so-called "easy" part. Yeah, that's what I was told anyway.

Susan- I went grocery shopping and bought more feta yesterday. Yum. This time I bought a reasonably-sized container at Winco - instead of the bucket at Costco. I made salad out of cooked wheat berries, spinach, pine nuts and feta. I put a littel sesame-ginger dressing on it and it was YUMMY! I'm not kidding! Wheat berries are my new favorite food....kind of like a hearty risotto. They are really cheap and a little goes a long way. I'm glad Gaby is all set for kindy. Our school's full-day program has a wait list a mile long. Hope you get good results form your blood work.

I skipped yoga this morning...plan on getting a walk in this morning while I have some kid-free time. Other than that my plans for the day are to clean house and just catch up in general...it's seems like it's been real busy around here - I dunno why...just that time of year. We will be ready for a break when school is over.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #80  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -
to Sassy - thinking of you and your family.

bawling in the office, cute - huh? M wrote an email finally saying he needs to focus on work and he really has no time for a relationship. ummm, knew that - duh
Just hard to read it - makes it real and I didn't even rate a face to face after 7 months. So, why did he start something? I am mad and hurt. I also love him. I just want him to be happy. I want to be happy. Maybe we can relax and just be friends...........who knows. *sniff..........I need to dry my eyes and buck up.

Wonderful on your baggy clothes Sue! I meant to say that yesterday

Katy- the principal said there was a few openings at her school for full time. Talked with G's dad last night and he said he would pay half. I hope he does, that would help a lot.

Jules - so where is your feta avatar? lol ....I know moving is expensive. I lucked out with just the rent and a $300 deposit. It has w/d hook up but I don't have machines- maybe down the road I can get those.

I need to get busy- spent too long being emotional over M this morning. I wrote a scathing note to him and erased it. I don't want to be angry or bitter - no sense in that.

I slept good. I had oatmeal and a slimfast for breakfast. I also bought these flex4life muffins - suppose to have lots of fiber. I just took a bite, maybe tomorrow I will have that instead of oatmeal. 150 cal - not bad.

k- good morning to you all!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-07-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #81  

Hi Ladies,

It's me Michelle lol, and I decided to start a new account with the name I use on all the other boards I belong to. I just want a new start here and I will be careful as to where I post and who I talk with, because you just never know who you can trust anymore. I know I can always come here, because all of you are such great friends! I'm so sorry I didn't make it more clear, it is NONE of you here! All of you have been nothing but kind and supportive and I thank you all so much. Sassy, I'm so sorry I haven't kept up on everything to know about your health and your grandpa's passing. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.
Dreamzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #82  
~Believe~

TY ALL

Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #83  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

SUSAN...hugs to you missy. That darn M. It doesn't make sense to me. I know he says he is busy but there's more to life than just work. And I know he felt something for you...from all you said. Maybe he just got scared and I can understand that. Once you've been hurt it's hard to trust again and get involved for fear of being hurt again. But sometimes ya just gotta throw in the towel and give it a chance before life passes you by and it's too late. You tell him I said that! I see about the kindergarten. And yes, just wait...schools are always wanting money for something, lol. What always got me was the deposits for the books in case they were damaged. Well, if it's a deposit (that is what they said it was) shouldn't you get that back at the end of the year when the book is returned? You would think but nooooo. Anyway, Gaby will love kindergarten. A tumor? Yikes...hoping it's not. Are you okay? Your anemia? Oh, I meant to mention yesterday to you hooray for the loose capri's!

Same to you SUE! Hooray for loose pants! WTG on your biking and walking!

KATY...you're not up that much and I know you will get it off by next WI, plus some. Your salad sounds delicious...wish I liked feta, lol. I don't know if I do or not since I've never tried it. Maybe one day.

SASSY...hugs to you. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

MICHELLE...I knew that was you I saw your cute little avatar. That's actually how I have felt the last two days, lol. Just been busy and I need sleep.

And SUSAN...you cry all you want missy. I would be crying too...for days.

JULES...can't think of what Painted Veil is. I know it sounds familiar though. It's not only pregnancy that makes you cry...this darn menopause is doing me in. I feel like I am pregnant!!! Glad Jason & Tony are doing well. Josh misses home, both his homes...here and Hawaii.

Busy day today and I am pooped! Not sure why I have been feeling so pooped lately. I get tired and don't want to exercise and didn't. I didn't yesterday and probably won't today. The weather doesn't help. It's hot and it makes me miserable. I need to get re-motivated! I did sit down at the table last night for dinner. Was going to do the 21 day challenge but it's going to be hard because I will be leaving Monday to go see my dad. So will have to wait until I return to start it. Anyway...I have lots of laundry to catch up on. Chat later ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #84  
kitty Momo

M really does like to work Cristina. I know he called once at my mom''s and she said she heard he was a work alcoholic. She meant it in a teasing way but he replied " I try not to be"....
I think he has a hard time being in relationships - he buries himself in his work. He chased me though, he was the romantic one. I asked him twice in the last few weeks just to tell me if he wants to break up. He hung up on me once because I was crying and it hurt how he was changing.....he wouldn't even talk to me. Anyway - bye to him. He says he loves me still and thinks I am special. *roll eyes* - maybe he says that so he can feel better about himself. I don't believe anything he says anymore.

Hi Michelle! - lol - sorry for the rant......

back to the grind...........my head finally is feeling better- it was pounding.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-07-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #85  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--apparently M has issues, he should have at least taken you out to dinner and bought you a big greek salad and said that he wanted to be friends. Hang in there. You and your baggy capris will find someone better!! PS - I can't find any feta cheeses avatatrs where did you get yours?

Cristina--The Painted Veil is with I think Edward Norton. He is some type of doctor/missionary whose wife was having an affair--she ends going to China (?) to help her husband and ends up falling in love with him again. I am premenopausal and I get my weepy moments too. Josh and Tony will be stateside before we know it!!

Michelle--just keep coming back!!

Sassy-- to you sweetie--so sorry to hear about your loss, have a safe trip to the funeral in IN, is it very far?

Katy--I don't need to be preggers to cry while watching movies. I was watching the Spitfire Grill and was crying my eyes out when DD was still living at home--she woke up and walked out to the living room to find me like that and was like what's wrong--I said movie--she said oh and kept walking.

Sue--wtg on all the exercise!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #86  
kitty Momo

Geez, lousie girl!! Look up Feta Cheese Pictures ( I used Yahoo) and a ton pop up. lol
Hope that helps
Poop on M...........I swear, the more I think about him the more hurt I am. What a jerk. He likes being single,working and feeding his cat, doesn't like having the life sucked out of him when he is in a realtionship. oh,.........so why are you making me fall in love with you??? *ss hole...........argh. Didn't even have the b*&&s to call me,he was safe in his one sided email....f that.

I don't wanna be friends with him!! argh............I am having a good food day though.........I am so determind to get this weight off!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-07-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #87  
One day at a time

You know, I never understand anyone wanting to be friends with their ex unless of course you have kids with them...you have to for the kids. Other than that, um, no. I would not want to be friends with an ex. I am the type who would always want more and...would always think of the dog breaking it off.

Lots of hugs to you Susan! That makes no sense to me at all. He can't feed his cat, or play with it or whatever if he is in a relationship? What? UGH!!! I want to strangle him for you. Like Jules said though, you just hang in there missy. Your Mr. Right will come along. He will realize one day that he made the biggest mistake in his life and that life passed him by because of work.

Okay, thought that movie sounded familiar Jules but don't think I remember it. Yeah, premenopause it so much fun, not! Not sure at what point it is full menopause. Think I read somewhere that if you haven't had a TOM for 6 months straight-gettin' there. And yes, Tony & Josh will be home soon enough!

Nuthin going on with me. Went and had the oiled changed in my car and the tires rotated, such fun. Now getting some laundry done. Will straighten the house once I get off here and get a walk in. I am lacking in the walking department. DD was right when she said it would take me 3 years to walk to Iraq and back, lol! Anywho...chat with ya's later. Take care
Old 06-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #88  
kitty Momo

Good afternoon! Hi Cristina..........hmmm, M does have 3 cats, he likes cleaning out their litter boxes - maybe he likes playing in the poop. I don't know. I wasn't really very comfortable with him. It is probably for the best, we had nothing in common. It was always him talking about his work and how no one in the office could do it the right way- and poor him having to do everything and spend 24/7 in the office. He didn't even take potty breaks....he was that devoted to his bosses. ..lmao..whatEVER.....the more I think about it the more I wonder what kind of trip I was on.......lol - I shall NOT shed one more tear for this man! I certainly don't pick him for a friend. I have enough ex's as friends- lol .

Gaby is so cute, She wants a baby sister. I asked who the daddy was going to be an she said her daddy or daddy doug or papa R. I also was crying last night in bed and she asked what was wrong. I said M hurt my heart. She sat right up and felt my heart and said all these stern words I couldn't understand - but I could tell she was sticking up for me and putting M in his place..........it made me laugh. What a sweetie.

Changed my ticker early. I needed a boost today. Down a pound, so was happy with that! Ate oatmeal for breakfast along with slimfast and a banana. Salad and salmon for lunch. I need to start on water.

k- that is my update! Hope you all are having a good day.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-08-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #89  
~Believe~

Angry How can people be so inconsiderate???!!!

Crap, Crap, Crap and double Crap!

First of all, my DH is at WORK right now because some people can't step up and help out when needed. There was 6 conference calls going on and instead of staying and helping out, the lady just LEAVES!!!!!!!!!! So our boss BEGS DH to come in, at least for a few hours.

THEN my mom calls and says they ARE having a visitation after all for my grandpa. We never knew and she only found out a little bit ago! THEN we find out we have to be in Indiana BEFORE 9 AM! We worked lastnight/early this morning so we slept in, or at least I did, DH never woke me up so I slept until 5:30 P.M.! How am I supposed to go to bed in a few hours to be up at the crack of dawn to drive to Indiana? If my DH was not working right now we could go to Indiana now and figure something out....that way at least we'd be there, ya know? I am so peeeeeeeeeed at work! I want to call my DH to tell him about this, but then again I don't wanna "bother" him because I know they are totally swamped.

What do girls think? What would you do? ARrrrggggggh I feel so flustered! I guess technically we should have left early lastnight, but there was no way of that happening! Work just sucks that everybody else can have time off for things like this and we cannot! All of our families, except for my in-laws are out of state. His are much further than mine, being in Tennessee, so if someone is ill or passes away, we have to drive 1 1/2 hours to my family and 4 hours to his! So its not like its just in town where we don't have to worry about travelling and all. DH's Aunt died a while back and he couldn't go to the funeral because of course it was in Tennessee and work I think only gives us ONE day off for Aunts/Uncles and its a 4 hour trip, that is just one way!

It just irks me how people can be so uncaring. I am really upset about it. Because DH & I should have been in Indiana already and now he is at work. I know sometimes things happen beyond our control and I know my grandpa would understand, but its just the whole thought of it. How people can be so inconsiderate of others.

Well sorry this is a bit of a whine here...........
Old 06-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #90  
One day at a time

[B]Hi ladies...[/B]

SASSY...I would have just told them "I HAVE to be somewhere for a funeral and NO I can't work!" That's crazy. DH shouldn't have to pick up someone elses slack. Anyway, I hope you guys got it all worked out and you got some sleep before leaving for IN. How far is it anyway? Thinking about you guys today.

SUSAN...3 cats, yikes! I don't think I have ever known a man that had three cats, or even one. Gaby is a cutie! Lots of hug to you missy. WTG on the pound gone!

HI everyone else

Nuthin much going on today. Just going to do some cleaning and laundry. Tomorrow will be a busy day but I will try to check in Monday morning before heading out. Not sure though. Don't plan on leaving unitl 7:30-8'ish but will be up earlier so...we'll see.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a good weekend!