Old 05-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies!

KATY...I read your blog often, just don't know what to say half the time, lol. I had posted on the one about the book-SAHM versus career women and had responded to that but then I was just blowing off steam, lol. I do not agree with the woman at all and I bet she received tons of hate mail, lol. The promotion ceremony sounded sweet. I hope Leigh enjoys kindergarten as much as preschool.

SUSAN...good grief woman! I was going to say that was a lot of water you drank but I guess it's not that far from the 64 we should drink, lol. Just 70 oz. sounds like a lot, lol! That's cool that Gaby's teacher comes to the house...did your mother behave, lol. So how tall is the Ali woman? Geez, she looks GREAT for 178 lbs.! Yowza! Hope you have a good day at work.

SASSY...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mommy! Hope you guys do something fun! Okay, oops! Saw that you had posted that yesterday...hope you guys did something fun and she had a HB! Hey, where did you get your avatar? I have been looking for an exercise/walking/jogging one for months now and can't find any!

MICHELLE...hope you are having a great day! You know, some days I don't feel like I have been busy but the time sure does get away from me somehow. I have to keep somewhat busy to stay sane, lol. Still waiting to hear from a lady about some volunteer work...think I may give her a call.

HIYA JULES! Hoping all is well with you and the kiddo's. How is Teri feeling? Can't remember if you mentioned how far along she is. I would love to be a grandmama!

Well, I overslept again. Think that is twice this week, ugh. Have a good excuse this time though, lol. the tornado sirens went off at 4 a.m., great! Okay, it wouldn't be so bad if there was an actual tornado but it's beginning to be like the boy who cried wolf. This is twice that they have gone off and they don't know why because although we had some storms, there wasn't any signs of tornadic weather. So for a whole hour we listened to two different sirens. One was further away but still annoying, the other a lot closer and after 10 minutes...VERY annoying! When there is an actual tornado the things are going to go off and everyone is going to ignore them. Anyway, so a late start to the day. I hate going to Wal-Mart as it is but i hate it even more when it's at 10 a.m. what a pain in the bootay. I got my shopping done though and had a couple other errands to run.

Think I am going to pass on the walk today, we'll see. When I get off here I need to put some ribs in the crockpot for dinner and make a salad. V and I are off to find some pine trees and I don't want to be eating out.

Anywho...anyone have any special plans for the long weekend? We are doing the same old stuff...working on the yard, if it dries out. Supposed to rain again I think tomorrow so not sure what we'll do if it does.

Take care ladies. Hope everyone has a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

I had to go look at her bio Cristina. Laila is 5'10. I think she is great, I liked watching her dance.

I don't have any plans yet for the weekend. Waiting to see what M wants to do- if anything. Did I tell you he likes to work and work? *sigh. I called him last night and he was still at work at 7pm. Anyway to each their own but it annoys me. I might just be too busy for him. ok, I will take this up with Dr Phil - lol

I had my greek salad for lunch with salmon. It really is good. I skipped my coffee and feel less jittery. Still on my first bottle of water.

Have you always been from Kansas Cristina? I would be scared of the tornado's!!

Forgot to say that my mom did behave. She made lemonaid and put a plate of cookies together. I thought that was nice. Gaby loves her teacher, it went well.

Finished a bottle of water and ate a red grapefruit - it was sooooooo good and sweet.

k- life sucks when you get excited about a grapefruit.....lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-24-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #18  
One day at a time

Okay was looking for some avatars before signing off so back again for a moment.

SUSAN...no, not from Kansas, ugh. I am originally from Arkansas but lived most of my life in Southern California. With a couple of years in Missouri and 6 looong months in Dallas...hated that place. Just been in KS for 9 years now so was used to the earthquakes. V is from here and I moved here to be with him, aaahhh, gag me, lol! Of course he says he did say that he would have moved to where I was at the time but I swear I don't remember him saying that, lol.

Laila is 5 10, wow!? She is pretty and has a GREAT body! I caught a glimpse of her dancing on The View and all I can say is WOW! They were awesome!

Glad your mom was behaving, lol. And...I hope you get to see M this weekend. You know, V works a lot too. But I think from being single so long, or what seemed like a long time. I actually don't mind it. It gives me my free time and I think we get along better, lol.

I've not had a grapefruit in ages! Seemed like when I had one I had to put sugar on it and that kind of defeated the purpose, lol.

Better get going. Need to put those ribs in the crockpot...it cooks them pretty fast so will be done by 6-6:30'ish.

Chat with ya soon.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #19  
RosieKate

Ugh. ate too much for lunch and now I feel like a beached whale. I worked for an hour pulling weeds at the elementary school's garden, so there's at least some exercise to offset.

Susan- I thought Bevin looked like some 1980s time warp, lol! But "prison outfit" sounds better, doesn't it? Lol. I didn't see the last episode, but the rose ceremony where she was dumped sounded pretty brutal. Glad the visit with the teacher went well. Life is always good when our kids like their teachers.

Cristina - Thanks so much for reading my blog - that means alot to me! That one on the "Feminine Mistake" really fried me as you could tell. There seems to be a couple of authors in the news now who have nothing better to do than to be critical of educated SAHMS - like we aren't contributing to society or something - that cracks me up. I think they just want to make some money by stirring up the Mommy Wars again.

Sassy - Happy BD to your mom! Did you have a nice time?

Jules - You are too young to be a grandma - do you hear me? JK - I mean congratulations.. I know we have to let these kids live their lives....it's hard not to get excited about a new baby. How's everything else treating you - Are you and hubby getting out on the bikes?

Michelle
- I meant to say earlier that I like your new avatar - you and your DD are gorgeous!

My dad was over for a visit earlier and we had a nice time. I hardly ever get to see him as he lives 5-6 hours away. He was in town to take his wife to the airport. We talked computer geek stuff and he enjoyed a chat with DD. I'll get to see him again when he comes back to pick up the wife when she returns. Then I took DD swimming and ate too much lunch. Think I'll take a shower, then eat a salad for dinner. I have a caesar with some chicken and I'll just put a little dressing on it. Sounds delish to me right now.

Hope you are all having a great day
Old 05-25-2007, 01:53 AM   #20  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Ya girls...........

Hey Cristina! TY. Yes I think my mom had a great BD. On her Bday (Wed) we took her to the International Market we have here and grilled out. Today we went to the Zoo.

My Avatar pic I just went to Google Images and typed in weightloss, exercise or healthy or something like that and got some pics. Maybe try that, that is how I got mine.

Yeah those Tornado sirens do drive you insane, esp when they go off and there is no Tornado! Our "BIG" plans for the Memorial Day Weekend? Is working! We were lucky to get off Thurs & Fri night, there was no way we were getting Sat & Sun, who wants to work that? Nobody! lol. So we work the weekend, only two days, then we are off for 3 again! So not too bad!

Hey Katy, yes we had a good time, I think we wore my mom out! lol. But she had fun. I hope you enjoyed your visit w/ your dad. I know what its like to have your family out of town/state and its tough when they have to go back home.

Okay, well we did go to the Zoo after all and we walked the whole entire thing and let me add that it was mostly all up hill, but I made it. Yes I had to sit a few times, but I think I did an awesome job, if I do say so myself. I found that the best way to tackle a hill is to just pump my arms and kick it into high gear, it doesn't hurt my back as badly then. I was leaving my DH & Mother in the dust! It was fun, it did get a tad bit hot and we did sweat, but afterwards I felt good, ya know, because I actually did it and yes sometimes it was hard, but I pushed through it and no I didn't die! lol.

The Zoo was fun, it was fun seeing all the animals, etc. Only bad things was the kids that people let run wild, I know kids get excited and all, but these kids were just plain rude, running in front of us about plowing us over, etc. And the 2nd thing was they wanted $2.75 for a 20 oz. bottle of water!!!!!!!! So needless to say we were very thirsty afterwards, so DH stopped at a gas station afterwards and got me a BIG water! I have been drinking water ever since too!

Well anyways that was my day. We are taking my mom back in the morning so we can get back home and get back on our sleeping cycle and get ready to go back to work Saturday Night.

Have a Great One Everybody!

Hi to Everybody out there! I hope you have a Great Memorial Day Weekend!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #21  
ugggg.....

Sassy--no big plans for the weekend, DD and her boyfriend got a nice one bedroom so it moving her stuff AGAIN!!. Her name is on the lease so she is staying at least a year. They figure the baby isn't due unitl Dec 28 so when the lease is up the baby will only be 5 months old and if they still love the apartment they will stay a second year. It's near downtown Hagerstown on the side of town near a huge park and it was the "place" to live st one time so there are all these huge victorian houses which have been converted to apartments. The rooms are huge with the really high windows that let in a lot of light which is good except when you are trying to sleep according to my dd. The first night they signed the lease (Wednesday) Dave went and got the bed and some of his stuff and her dog and they slept there. They went to a petting zoo last weekend with his 3 year old daughter Lily. They really like it--Teri wants a camel for Christmas.

Katy--I am too young to be a grandma!! I will turn 42 just in time for the baby's appearance--I guess this is what happens when you have your own kids young!! I had both of mine by the time I was 21. I am excited about the baby. DD is getting a little less hormaonal though she does still have her moments. SHe and Dave are getting along better and I think having there own place will help alot. SHe did warn him that she is obsessive complusive about things being in their place and keeping everything clean.

Cristina--Teri is getting a little better with the "*****y" mood and now she has moved on to the nauseousness(sp???). SHe can't eat some of her favorite foods no matter how much she craves them. She is due on December 28 by their estimation but she goes for a sonogram in a few weeks that will be more accurate.

SuzyQ--two of the ladies at work were talking abouth both the Bachelor and the Dancing with the Stars this week. I am sure M will find some time to spend with you over the long weekend!! DH quit caffien and has been less jittery too.

Michelle--sorry you got your feelings hurt!! sometimes when things are typed they can be read in a different tone than if they were said so maybe it wasn't meant to hurt your feeling. Hugs to you!! Yeah about your daughter!! DD switched from Nursing to Accounting. DH and her ex are the ones that wanted her to do it. She always wanted to do accounting and business management and have her own business.

Well off to start moving. Teri and I don't have to move the big stuff ourselves this time!! Dave doesn't even want her moving anything but she says the boxes are light that are in storage because she knew that it might be just us when we moved them there. We are going to move alot of the boxes and stuff today and go to the grocery store for some odds and ends..
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Everyone!

Friday - thank goodness and a 3 day weekend to boot! I took Gab to see Shrek last night but she wouldn't go in. I bought the tickets and she said "lets get some popcorn and go" she was scared of the green monster - even though I told her he was nice. No go. So we went to Toys R Us and she picked out some horses.

I went to bed at 7:30. I really need to go get my blood drawn again. Tired. I had veggies and some chicken tenderloin for dinner.

Take it easy Jules with the moving!Sassy, love the zoo too but ya, the prices are sky high. Did it not look like a prison outfit Katy???? Looked also like she forgot the pants ...and the way Andy kept touching her knee. Sheesh. .....
Who knows about M Cristina. See if he calls and wants to do something. I really am going to take off though. I am not going to sit around with Momo, the kitty and my mother. Though I love Momo - he is so cute.

k- bailing!! chat later
Old 05-25-2007, 06:32 PM   #23  
One day at a time

Okay, thought I had some time to post but time has gotten away from me. Left the computer on while I went to do some things, lol. Took longer than I thought so will be back tomorrow morning to post.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #24  
RosieKate

Hi all
Susan - yep -prison outfit is a good description- Andy struck me as being a bit creepy - how nice to have a back-up, I felt bad for her

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I am going to a DeMarle party this evening and will buy some kitchen stuff. I had a plan this time - I went online and looked at their catalog and made decisions BEFORE going to the party. So I'll go and socialize, then STICK TO THE LIST. Right!

Ciao!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #25  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ya girls...........

Hi Ladies.

Jules -- Be careful moving, esp in this HEAT! Glad your DD and her BF found a nice place.

Susan -- Ya the Zoo's prices are pretty high, but then again so is every place like that you go too.

Hi Cristina, Hi Katy!

Hi to everybody else out there!

Well so much for getting up early today. We didn't get up until 11:30! Aw well, we got my mom home and are home now and can relax tonight and try to get back on our sleep cycle since we work Sat & Sun.

Well we took about a two hour nap so hopefully we can stay up tonight and get back on schedule...........

Have a Great Weekend!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies!

Nothing on the telly so thought I would pay you all a visit. Actually, my favorite movie (Sleepless in Seattle) is on but I have seen it at least 100 times so I won't miss much, lol. Came downstairs to look for games, DD and I were going to play and couldn't find them so jumped on the 'puter instead, lol.

V is home tomorrow and forgot that we will be working outdoors most of the day, unless it rains of course. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't. Will probably be too pooped to get on the computer then so here I am

SASSY...I LOVE the zoo! Any zoo, and every zoo, lol. Hey, sounds like you got in lots of exercise with the walking and hills! I hear ya about the price of water. Just about everything at the zoo, or anywhere else, costs an arm and a leg. Happy to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves.

JULES...how does Teri feel/like being pregnant? She sounds like me when I was pregnant with DD...I couldn't eat. The doc asked if I was on a diet because I was losing weight. It will pass of course soon. Hey, maybe she will have the baby early and it will be a Christmas baby...a wonderful Christmas gift eh? Be careful moving, especially her.

KATY...I love your blog! You should write a book, seriously. I am happy that you got to visit with your dad. Hey, I had a chicken salad for dinner, lol. Just a garden salad though. I think I could eat salad and watermelon everyday in the summer time. Maybe throw in a chicken breast once in a while.

SUSAN...aw, sweet little Gaby, so cute! Maybe when Shrek comes out on t.v. or DVD she will watch it. I don't blame you for not wanting to sit around waiting...I hate waiting. But, I do hope M calls and you guys can do something this long weekend.

MICHELLE...you know, I think people who are rude to others just are unhappy with their life that they feel they need to make others lives miserable. Hope all is well with you.

Hiya SusanNYC! Hoping all is well with you as well.

Well, ladies...guess I will be going for now. Since I am on tonight I won't be on tomorrow, I don't think. Who knows I never know what I am doing half the time, lol.

Whatever you do...I hope everyone has a very nice Memorial weekend!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #27  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I do hope the sick feeling does pass quickly and I think she is losing some weight but not much. She is concerned about gaining alot of weight. She is just really tired all the time. She did quit smoking right away and is trying to have bf cut back and definitely not smoke around her or in the apartment, though she already found ashes in the bathroom after she came home from work. She wants the baby to be born on my bday (12/16) or my moms (12/21) or be a New Years Eve baby. Her cousin Trish that just had the baby has a bday on Christmas Eve and she hates it. She says you get shorted on presents and half the time your bday gifts are wrapped in Christmas paper.

Sassy--we didn't get as much moved yesterday as we wanted but we cleaned and all the kitchen stuff is washed and put away. The bf is not a very motivated person and Teri and I cannot do it all ourselves this time with her being pregnant. Hopefully he will get moving today. I think she will keep on him until he does.

SuzyQ--I don't know if I am going to help today or not. I love dd but as much as I am trying to like the BF I am having a hard time. He is really immature and spoiled. I don't know how dd gets stuck with guys that she has to be the man in the relationship and do everything, and practically support them. This one is no different. Her good paying job will be ending soon and she will have to get something else before she gets too far along in the pregnancy.

Katy--Hope you had fun. I forgot to mention how beautiful both you and the sweater are!! WTG on reaching your first 10 pound loss!!

Hi to Susan NYC and Michelle--hope all is well with you both!!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #28  
kitty Momo

How come my ticker is the only one messed up?? just not fair!! I think it is because they are moving the server.

anyway - I am going to go get my hair done. Either touch up the red streaks or go back to my natural brown. Not sure and take some length off too. Rach wanted hers done for $60 and I said no she needed to wait til payday. I feel nervous getting mine done because she will have a cow. But hey....kids can wait.....might do her good.

Gaby's dad came and got her last night - she fell asleep in the car going home with me. She is a trooper though. I told him I tried to take her to see Shrek and she was too scared to go in and he said ya he had tried too to take her to a movie and she didn't want to go.

So, after they left I went to Value Village and picked up a few shirts for her and a t shirt for me. Went to Freddies and picked up a mag and some Tide and....what else??? oh some turkey for my salad...went home and read and went to sleep.

No M call and I wasn't going to call him.........besides I don't have his number. Screw him. Seriously. Just stomp his guts out and kick his eye balls against the wall.....and stomp on his head til his brain gushes out............lol.......ok - sorry. I was doing my Bevin impression.

Wasn't she rather poised for being dumped Katy???? I think she was there as a back up Andy was just waiting for Tessa to warm up she was the only one that he went after. The other girls were chasing him.

Men like the chase. Simple Critters they are. ......what do I know?? Like I am an expert on men - lol

btw - Katy - Andy has 4 false teeth maybe that is why he is so creepy looking???? lol I think he kind of has a lisp....

k- hope our tickers are back up and working by Monday!!! I plan on a weight loss and want to be able to move my ticker!! lol

tata.......you all behave!!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-26-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Hello...

SUSAN...sorry M hasn't called, maybe he will before the weekend is over. Hey, everyone deserves to be pampered. I need to get my hair done too, just not sure when I will. My ticker is not up either... I don't see anyones.

JULES...my niece Stefani was born on 12/24 too and doesn't like it either. I guess it depends on the parents. I would do it up for my kid if they were born then but my brother and sis-in-law never did. Either that or choose a day closer to the first of the month maybe.

Anywho...just dropping by with a quick fly by to say HI We were in the back working and the raian started. Never going to get anythng done at this rate, lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #30  
ugggg.....

Cristina--Teri says she will make a big deal about the babies bday since chances are it will be close to Christmas. It rained a little here but after the sheets and blankets were line dried.

SuzyQ-can Rach's Dad pay for her hair or even part of it?? DD started at Subway when she was 15 1/2 cause I couldn't buy her everything she wanted at the exact moment she wanted it. I say get your hair done and enjoy she can be next--schools out so she could splurge on a great cut and color before it starts again--most of the time in summer they just pull their hair up anyways. I dye both mine and dd's using hair color bought at Walmart. DD had gone much lighter than her natural black--back in January she wanted to go back to the black so we did it and since then the new growth matches and it doesn't need to be done.

Well everything but one box which I forgot at my house is at dd's new place. We finished moving the rest of her stuff from the old apt she shared yesterday and then I helped her get everything put away. She only has the pictures to put on the walls and her bf is bringing some more of his stuff. It is so cute how they set it up. They have to do some laundry today--I brought some of it home with me--extra blankets and stuff which I will wash and hang on the line. His parents are coming over today so I mopped all the floors for dd. Both of us were sore from all the up and down trips on the stairs.
Hubby is jealous that I have been spending so much time helping dd I need to stay home and do nothing since I have already did all our laundry and cleaned the house. I guess I will mow the grass while he spends the day in the garage!!

Hi Katy, Sassy, SusanNYC & Michelle--hope your having a fun weekend!!